Han

Developer Diary 253 - Discussion

utterly brulliant, the hurricane is such an icon and the female pilot........... beautiful!

Brilliant development...but...is there any plan to add more italian aircrafts with correct pilot?

• Upvote 1

The cotinued improvement of the already fantastic damage model and the AI is reason enough to be excited.  You all are doing really great work! 

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Only U-2 will have this model of pilot. You buy this plane, you get this pilot model. It is not for universal use in other planes.

Jason

I would like to request that she be made available to all as a gesture of inclusion. 

Also, considering the current turmoil, how about a Tuskegee Airman?

Edited by JG1_Vonrd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
  • Upvote 8

You Dev-Guys are awsome.:clapping:

Thank you for your constant imrpoving of this great game.

A SP Guy wiht now close too 700 h of flying without any MP....and it still thrills me every day.

Keep on your outsatnding work

👍

• Like 1

As usual, all looking and sounding great!

Glad to hear about the forthcoming improvements to the AI pilots because taking them on is like shooting fish in a barrel at the moment and I'm sure that it's teaching me bad habits.

• Upvote 1

The writing is now on the wall for women pilots.

'Night Witches' today, ATA Girls and WASPS tomorrow.

They are, after all, why we are fighting this war.

She is exquisitely beautiful.

(Thank god that ghoul who used to ride in the back seat is gone--I hope)

I have the U2 and will let her take me for a spin. Ha ha.

Incredible work guys, so much to look forward to, and so very soon after all the goodies we've gotten recently!

I love flying the U-2VS, and the option to play out Night Witch scenarios is very welcome!

Posted (edited)

With such breathtaking pilot models, we really need the pilot in cockpit option! :pilot:

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Upvote 8

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Good update! I hope a Thursday DD means your team is taking tomorrow off to rest a little!

Definitely looking forward to the Hurricane and all the different loadouts it comes with.

It seems like the pipeline is full of allied planes, no love for "easier" axis planes like the the G6 or A6? 

What does this mean?

target acquisition and (?).

'Operational solutions' I believe means tactics here - I assume at flight or squadron level. I recall it being mentioned in a previous DD that once the individual pilot level AI was addressed satisfactorily, they would turn attention to the tactical level and how the AI pilots follow commands.

(actually it's DD 241, maybe elsewhere too)

Edited by kendo
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for this nice player model! Certainly a nice addition to my dear U2.

I hope the Tank crew map will be fixed.

• Confused 1

Just now, Jason_Williams said:

We are well aware of Lydia. Maybe someday. For now, not possible.

Let's talk about the Sound - Will she become a men? Just saying because there is not a single intel what speech she gets?

5 minutes ago, Livai said:

Let's talk about the Sound - Will she become a men? Just saying because there is not a single intel what speech she gets?

Dalek... be sure!

Posted (edited)

Damn I was not aware there where a new DD now, 

Hurricane just look awesome, Love to theU2/ PO2 always apreciated . Best plane in the sim.

Things looking bright indeed

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Livai said:

Han + Helium.

Be sure.

oleg.jpg.f06f525920ed6bc22cfc62199d475555.jpg

• Haha 4

When creating the new map please keep in mind a  problem with the ground textures in the past:

The random texture dirt roads are bigger then the paved roads and train tracks in game. Maybe make them a 2 track or shrink them a little at least. They often start and stop for no reason so when layering the other textures on top make sure to cover these random little bits of road that are created. 

Wanted to ask a question on info released in 252 maybe, but perhaps appropriate here.  Am a bit confused at P-47 Razorback being first BoN plane out the chute.  Great airplane, no mistake, but I am trying to figure out where it will fit in current meta?  Can't really use on Ostfront, grossly outclassed for most Combat Box scenarios.  Want to fly it, but what are we going to do with it?   I would have thought that some of the German a/c that can compete on the '43 Ostfront maps while we await the BoN map would have made more sense.  I suppose with the P-38 and Spits we can do some simulated Normandy-esque stuff like CB's Dday scenario.  Do we know when in the cycle the map is anticipated? 

You'll be able to use the D-22 all the way from early 1944 to V-E Day.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Livai said:

Let's talk about the Sound

Well - lol- if she's available I'd be way good with Comrade Captain Litovchenko...

Vilkova.jpg

Posted (edited)

we have moved on to improvements in matters of the upper level - the choice of targets and operational solutions.

@Hanwould you mind elaborating a bit on what that means? I've been bugging devs a lot about target selection for ground attack planes (currently: dropping bombs on AA units, shooting guns on tanks, while it should be the opposite). So I'm wondering if this will be fixed in the next patch?

Edited by Sybreed
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

With such breathtaking pilot models, we really need the pilot in cockpit option! :pilot:

I basically agree. It would be nice to put the pilot in the cockpit as an option.

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

Right.

I can see you now.

Every time you look down at your pilot...pausing the game for 15 minutes, then again...then again...then again....

You'll never got off the ground.

Awesome looking pilot model though.

Very nice work. Seems to get better every time...well done!

• Haha 1

Is today Friday?................. awesome, I don't have to go to work tomorrow.........................  wait a minute, puter calendar says it's Thursday............  :dash:

Posted (edited)

@Jason_Williams 

@Han

So you have a plan to repair the image of the team cross the pimax zoom in this update do? He is very important to the performance of our pimax

Edited by =GW=a7610783
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Great update! Not sure what I'm more excited by!

Exactly.

I’ve never really cared about the Hurricane, but now that it’s actually coming I’m quite happy about it. Hard to beat early war aircraft. 

I’d also love to do a story driven campaign featuring the U2. It will never pencil out for me, but maybe someone else will make it happen.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, ACG_PanzerV said:

Wanted to ask a question on info released in 252 maybe, but perhaps appropriate here.  Am a bit confused at P-47 Razorback being first BoN plane out the chute.  Great airplane, no mistake, but I am trying to figure out where it will fit in current meta?  Can't really use on Ostfront, grossly outclassed for most Combat Box scenarios.  Want to fly it, but what are we going to do with it?   I would have thought that some of the German a/c that can compete on the '43 Ostfront maps while we await the BoN map would have made more sense.  I suppose with the P-38 and Spits we can do some simulated Normandy-esque stuff like CB's Dday scenario.  Do we know when in the cycle the map is anticipated? 

P-47D-22 will fit fine in Bodenplatte, it won't be the best with 130 fuel (on par with D-28) but hopefully they take the opportunity to model 150 fuel for the P-47, it did use it during the Normandy timeframe and 150 fuel was the standard in the UK.

Edited by Legioneod

These DD’s are like never ending childhood Xmas days. I continue to be compressed, depressed, impressed.

17 minutes ago, Legioneod said:

P-47D-22 will fit fine in Bodenplatte, it won't be the best with 130 fuel (on par with D-28) but hopefully they take the opportunity to model 150 fuel for the P-47, it did use it during the Normandy timeframe and 150 fuel was the standard in the UK.

I'm hoping we get a two for one deal on the P-47 getting the 150 octane option when they work on the D-22.

The D-22's performance is on par with the D-28 for the most part, possibly even better in a few ways, so no idea why it's obsolete for the late war. They were still mixed in with the bubble top versions even in 1945.

1 minute ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

I'm hoping we get a two for one deal on the P-47 getting the 150 octane option when they work on the D-22.

The D-22's performance is on par with the D-28 for the most part, possibly even better in a few ways, so no idea why it's obsolete for the late war. They were still mixed in with the bubble top versions even in 1945.

Not saying it's obsolete at all just that it struggles with 130 fuel power settings. I figure since we are getting Normandy it makes alot of sense to go ahead and model 150 fuel due to it being the standard in the UK and being used during Normandy timeframe with 70" power settings.

1 minute ago, Legioneod said:

Not saying it's obsolete at all just that it struggles with 130 fuel power settings. I figure since we are getting Normandy it makes alot of sense to go ahead and model 150 fuel due to it being the standard in the UK and being used during Normandy timeframe with 70" power settings.

For sure I and I didn't mean to direct that specifically to you either.

70" of power would be nice 😄

Just now, ShamrockOneFive said:

For sure I and I didn't mean to direct that specifically to you either.

70" of power would be nice 😄

Agreed. You won't notice a huge increase in performance on the deck but you'll reach higher speeds with less altitude which will help since most fights take place below 20,000ft.