Han

Game version 4.007 discussion: Ju 87 D-3 in 4K, new options and camera controls, control rods DM and ect.

On 6/13/2020 at 2:20 PM, SCG_motoadve said:

We dont have G forces, or motion platforms most of us but...

Some stuff is super realistic in VR and helps for real world training also, such as formation flying, for this definitely a simulator.

Feeling of depth, altitude are there too, not even close to a desktop monitor, with the HP Reverb which has the highest resolution, you see every single instrument clearly and scale is 1:1 absolutely amazing, its like you own every airplane , and can be inside its cockpit, not just look at the cockpit like in a monitor, you are inside.

I've tried flying with VR and I have to admit, that immersion is better than with 2D display.
I've tried also 3D movable cockpit ant that's simulation.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:48 PM, blitze said:

Anyone commenting on my previous observation - please note that I have done testing with FXAA on and off as well as MSAA.

I don't blindly comment and my observations are based on settings that were utilized in previous versions sop that there is a constant reference point to draw upon.

Spotting and visual clarity across a number of resolutions has gone backwards since 4.006c for me.

After many tries, I managed to get a sharper image.
FXAA x 4 on the game, then I changed anti-aliasing settings on NVDIA one after another.
So the cockpit and the near outside is sharper, but when I zoom in the result is really not satisfactory.
There are too big differences between what I can identify and what can identify friends in 2D.
And many of us have noticed it with the same VR headset (HP reverb). I am not an isolated case.
I hope that more work will be done on this subject.

At this point, visibility and target acquisition in either 2D or VR is a hot mess.  I use a standard monitor and Track IR, and things are NOT as good as they were before the pandering to AMD users brought overall visual quality down to a barely acceptable level.   Objects that can be seen at default FOV disappearing when zoomed in, horrible "jaggy" coastlines and terrain features, even with MSAA x4 (FXAA is far worse).  The real beauty of this title is being tinkered to death. 

It's very frustrating, and I'm not even going to get into the DM oddities that continue to plague the sim, and the changes in weapon effectiveness from patch to patch...

• Upvote 5

Dear friends,

During the weekend we were able to find and fix several bugs and the update 4.007b addresses them:

1. Incorrect Ju 87 D-3 textures that could fail to load properly during a mission and cause the application hangup after exiting the game have been fixed;

2. Ships won't disappear at very large distances when using zoom;

3. Fw 190 cockpits won't appear black at a distance when their engines are damaged;

4. Opened Pz.IV-G hatch won't disappear when viewed from inside the tank;

5. Selected modifications should be correctly applied to AI-controlled tanks in the Quick Mission mode;

6. Minor Chinese text corrections.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 11
  • Upvote 7

Game not starting due to version, but no download/update at steam. Think I will have to wait.... Was too close to announcement

But now download started and is complete. Happy to be able to play now.

Thx devs for quick update!

I just started mine and was introduced to a patch down load! :clapping:

I'm gona go fly now!! :fly:

@Sneaksie, I was in the middle of testing Tank Missions on Prokhorovka Map and update installed. Prokhorovka map now will not load missions in single player or QM. I get a black screen and have to Ctl+Alt+Del and end program to close. Other maps and missions appear fine. I rebooted computer which did not help.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Same problem here as regards black screen on Prokhorovka map QMB tank battles after 4.007b update. Also on Stalingrad map tank battles.

Edited by Hals

2 minutes ago, 352ndOscar said:

Prokhorovka map ok here...... flying it now.

Do you have tanks on it?

No, I just jumped into it after seeing your comment to check it out.  

jumped out, then back in as Panther..... no go!  Black Screen and CTRL/ALT/DEL to escape.

7 minutes ago, 352ndOscar said:

No, I just jumped into it after seeing your comment to check it out.  

jumped out, then back in as Panther..... no go!  Black Screen and CTRL/ALT/DEL to escape.

Well that narrows it down. 

I was having the same problem with the Camel, verified the integrity of file and some file had to be replaced. :ph34r:

Going to give it another try now. :joy:

Just now, JG4_Widukind said:

3 Game crashes in 10 min (back to Desktop) in Single Player Fast Mission

Try rebooting your computer. I had that problem on the last update

• Upvote 1

Not sure if it was the 4.007b update or my rolling back to SteamVR public release and not Beta but

Il2 visually is much better both in colour pallet and seeing/tracking contacts.

Not sure of issues with the P51 with maneuverability but in QMB with 300l fuel load, danced easily with 2 x 109K's

All good and Dev's,  Thanks.

After update, game's crash too with TC and QM.

Edited by DN308

From a Tank Crew point of view, the update  4.007b seems broken. Just now I was on Finnish, picked a T34, tried to spawn, and get a "#10003: This object is not available for your account (or its data file was modified)" message, and get kicked off the server. So I wonder is it the server....

I go onto Action Tanks and Dogfight, try the same thing, same message appears, I get kicked off the server.

(I own TC)

Edited by stupor-mundi

I rebooted directly after the update - always do.  Results as posted.

If you had a problem loading a tank mission, please just re-login online.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 352ndOscar said:

I'll validate the files again and reboot again. :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, 352ndOscar said:

Tried rebooting, that fixed it. Party like it's 1999.

(reminds me of when I was a young hopper)

Edited by stupor-mundi

I've got problems with crashing after today's update.

Did a QMB no problem (apart from deadly accurate fire from Ju87 rear gunner 🙂 ). After that went to load up another QMB, chose map and planes and loaded up and got to next screen to set up plane before entering missing, hit 'accept but crashed immediately to desk top. Reloaded up, played QMB and then same again. Reloaded, QMB, go to do another and crash. Now had it happen 4 times without fail. 

This needs fixing - I am sure the developers will be on to it quick.

Doubt it is anything to do with my machine, 8 core i7 32gb ram, Nvidia 2070 8GB. Never had any problems before today's update.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Monksilver said:

Did a QMB no problem (apart from deadly accurate fire from Ju87 rear gunner 🙂 ). After that went to load up another QMB, chose map and planes and loaded up and got to next screen to set up plane before entering missing, hit 'accept but crashed immediately to desk top. Reloaded up, played QMB and then same again. Reloaded, QMB, go to do another and crash. Now had it happen 4 times without fail. 

Doubt it is anything to do with my machine, 8 core i7 32gb ram, Nvidia 2070 8GB. Never had any problems before today's update.

Did you restart the computer?

AFTER downloading any Update, even small fixes. ALWAYS restart your PC, that fixes most problems.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Monksilver said:

Same thing happening to me. I did not immediately restart after the update, but after the first crash I did. Had two crashes since, one during the game and one at the start; both QMB games.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Monksilver said:

I had same issue. I rebooted system after the download. Played 3 QMB missions with no problem. On the 4th (Stalingrad Summer Map, Lagg 3) crash to desktop in final stages of loading.

Logged in again, and played another QMB mission on same map without any problems.

Seems like an intermittent problem

• Upvote 1

I have restarted x2 and just tried again with the same result - sudden crash to desk top

I crash each and every time 

Edited by Monksilver
  • Like 1

What does this second number in the upper right corner mean?
The first shows the frames per second. And the second?

BoS-01.jpg

Edited by JAGER_Ensslen

It shows your field of view in degrees.  Watch it change with different levels of zoom.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

What does this second number in the upper right corner mean?
The first shows the frames per second. And the second?

BoS-01.jpg