Han

Game version 4.007 discussion: Ju 87 D-3 in 4K, new options and camera controls, control rods DM and ect.

2 minutes ago, JG4_Nutella said:

In my opinion it is too greyish.🙁 I had to deinstall ReShade and without Colorfulness it feels awful... I turned just a little bit of Sharpen on. The Instruments looked way better. It would be cool if you could set in settings how colorful your game should be. And I would love to have another in game sharpening function where it is just a little bit. The standart one does not look too good in my opinion.

What monitor do you have, usually it can be adjusted in monitor settings (cinematic, FPS, racing...etc modes plus some deeper settings)

55 minutes ago, -332FG-Ursus_ said:

Just in case. This is what my ReShade is doing to my game. Just aesthetics. First one is Reshade one, second one ,turned off. Is just vivid colors.

20200517005257_1.jpg

20200517005304_1.jpg

I wonder how many of you guys are having "troubles" of how vivid the image looks because of settings on your own monitor/TV

Many monitors and TVs dont come calibrated, or have specific settings for "gaming", less gosting, less imput lag, at the cost of color correction...

I'm looking at the pictures on my phone, and I can tell you, my game looks closer to the second picture than to the first. Stock game, no Reshade.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

What monitor do you have, usually it can be adjusted in monitor settings (cinematic, FPS, racing...etc modes plus some deeper settings)

I already took a look at the monitor settings but I sadly can't do that with mine.🙁

13 minutes ago, von_Tom said:

FPS and FOV.  No idea how to disable the FOV.

von Tom

Apparently can not, they seem to be tied together. I just as soon they weren't as FOV typically remains constant.

I can live with it though.

Posted (edited)

Now for bomber pilots, implementing a zoom on the bomber sight, (as VR users have), would be great ...... (for monitor users).
This new update is a great step forward.
Cheers

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo

12 minutes ago, JG4_Nutella said:

I already took a look at the monitor settings but I sadly can't do that with mine.🙁

Sorry to hear that but it's optional so you'll still be able to use it on servers that allow it, i think CB still supports it!

For me this is a big step in fair play as many did abuse it to get advantage over others in spotting (youtube vids, some players i know online, from forum comments) same as 3dmigoto on 2d monitors....it was so apparent in MP, ppl were doing everthing to spot better and get advantage over others!

Now i can simply avoid such servers!

I'd rather sacrifice more colour than fair play!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

So I had a rather "unique" experience this afternoon flying my Spit MK IX in a PWCG campaign.

This was after the 4.007 update today.

I was closing in on a BF110,  trying to sneak up on it really, when it's rear gunner let out a hail of bullets on me. In short order, I saw my engine catching on fire. And then shortly after that, the flames spread to the front of my cockpit and I was about to burn to a crisp before I rapidly bailed out.

Can't say I have seen this before, new effect with 4.007? Or have I just been real lucky in the past? I will tell ya, it was a little frightening in VR.

Edited by dburne

10 minutes ago, dburne said:

So I had a rather "unique" experience this afternoon flying my Spit MK IX in a PWCG campaign.

I was closing in on a BF110,  trying to sneak up on it really, when it's rear gunner let out a hail of bullets on me. In short order, I saw my engine catching on fire. And then shortly after that, the flames spread to the front of my cockpit and I was about to burn to a crisp before I rapidly bailed out.

Can't say I have seen this before, new effect with 4.007? Or have I just been real lucky in the past? I will tell ya, it was a little frightening in VR.

You were lucky in the past, since 4.006 or even 4.005 it happens to me in 30-40% cases.

It is cool however, just don't wait too long to bail otherwise your pilot will get hurt and you won't be able to bail!

I have a question for the devs regarding the new FOV number shown under the FPS value on screen (cool feature, BTW).

Is it Horizontal FOV, or Diagonal FOV, or what?

The reason I ask is that my Pimax Artisan is advertised to naturally display 140 degrees Horizontal FOV, but I tested it on another program and got 128 degrees HFOV (SteamVR rendered limit for my device). But for IL-2 GB, the in-game counter only says 111 degrees when in default (non-zoomed) view. This is way too small for either type of FOV limit on this device, unless it really means Vertical FOV, which would be a very unusual spec to use, IMO.

Isn't this default view supposed to be accurate to the SteamVR rendered limit of each model (i.e. natural / non-zoomed)?

TIA

4 minutes ago, =VARP=Ribbon said:

You were lucky in the past, since 4.006 or even 4.005 it happens to me in 30-40% cases.

It is cool however, just don't wait too long to bail otherwise your pilot will get hurt and you won't be able to bail!

Ok good to know, thanks.

28 minutes ago, dburne said:

Yes, I had that cockpit fire aswell sometimes during the last weeks, playing in VR.....that looks really great. Great realism and immersion, the first time I saw that I was horrified.

15 minutes ago, spitfirejoe said:

Yes, I had that cockpit fire aswell sometimes during the last weeks, playing in VR.....that looks really great. Great realism and immersion, the first time I saw that I was horrified.

Yes, horrified is exactly how I felt the first time it happened to me in VR, too!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, dburne said:

Fire in the cockpit has been there for several updates. You can thank Tank Crew for that.

Jason

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Well I was going to be trying the VREM mod to try and see if I could force the system to reproject in my correct IPD, so I guess now I get to decide if that's worth it to never play multiplayer again.

Come play on Combat Box, we allow VREM and ReShade.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Hell, the first time I got shot down and crashed in VR made me weep like a little boy, let alone fire in the cockpit....thankfully that has not happened to me yet.

Fun story, as an arachniphobe playing a fantasy sword game, an encounter with giant spiders means I don't pick up my Vive for at least a week. Fuuuuuuudge that! Nope.

Edited by pfrances

39 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

Come play on Combat Box, we allow VREM and ReShade.

May I ask why? Why would you put your server at risk?

I'm sure by now you are very familiar with the video showing a user cheating by using a reshade filter.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

May I ask why? Why would you put your server at risk?

I'm sure by now you are very familiar with the video showing a user cheating by using a reshade filter.

IIRC that video was a video rendering error, not actually a reshade exploit. It looked like garbage though lol.

1 minute ago, RedKestrel said:

IIRC that video was a video rendering error, not actually a reshade exploit. It looked like garbage though lol.

The one with the dude spotting everyone a million km away flipping reshade settings back and forth? Not sure we are talking about the same video.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, Boomerang said:

Thank you for all the updates.

:salute:

Absolutely agree. So soon after the last major update, I'd have never expected this. My game is running silky smooth right now even while flying campaign missions. Keep up the good work.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

The one with the dude spotting everyone a million km away flipping reshade settings back and forth? Not sure we are talking about the same video.

Different video I guess. Too many threads, man, too many threads, it’s like a tailors shop in here.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Fire in the cockpit has been there for several updates. You can thank Tank Crew for that.

Jason

Hey, Jason, thanks for all you do for this great sim and the community you've created.

I feel I'm left behind & out in the cold.  I can not get the sim to launch.  Every time I push "PLAY", after a few seconds the software reverts back to the original "PLAY" scrren.  This has gone on for all of 4.006.  I've been going back and forth with Support, but we haven't been able to find the fix. 

Today I went back to see if something had changed, and lo and behold, there is now a 4.007! 

So, I gave it another go, and...it went back to "PLAY".  Again.

BTW, I've run across a couple of other pilots who said they have encountered this same problem.

If there is anything you could do to help it would be appreciated. 

Thanks, Craig Furlong

PS  I'd give anything for a fire in the cockpit!

Edited by CTquicknthedead

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, CTquicknthedead said:

Hey, Jason, thanks for all you do for this great sim and the community you've created.

I feel I'm left behind & out in the cold.  I can not get the sim to launch.  Every time I push "PLAY", after a few seconds the software reverts back to the original "PLAY" scrren.  This has gone on for all of 4.006.  I've been going back and forth with Support, but we haven't been able to find the fix. 

Today I went back to see if something had changed, and lo and behold, there is now a 4.007! 

So, I gave it another go, and...it went back to "PLAY".  Again.

BTW, I've run across a couple of other pilots who said they have encountered this same problem.

If there is anything you could do to help it would be appreciated. 

Thanks, Craig Furlong

PS  I'd give anything for a fire in the cockpit!

What are your specs? By the way if the software work on most people the problem is on your PC, files, wathever,  I would uninstall and reinstall the game, that should fix most of the issues.

Edited by SJ_Butcher

1 hour ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Guess I am not real good with YouTube search.....If you have a link handy it would be good to take a look.

Dear devs

What ever you guys are doing, what ever magic herb you're smoking, keep it up. Don't get me wrong. I seriously enjoyed years of VR game play at 45fps with average+ detail settings. But full nutts settings and 90fps is just .... It's just .... mwah ....fantastic.

Much love

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, =GW=501Railgun said:

What is PP????

Parallel projection

Thanks to the hard work of the Jason team, PIMAX lost more than 20% of its performance again.
The sharpening of the new VR MOD is amazing, why don’t you use it?
But I think the top priority is to fix PIMAX PP, which I asked you last time, but I didn’t get your response at all

As always,

you all did a fantastic job again!

Thank you so much for the updates!

2 hours ago, thatguy said:

image.png

😕

Not clear what you want to say. Do you have a question or are looking for information on something?

5 minutes ago, 41Sqn_Skipper said:

Not clear what you want to say. Do you have a question or are looking for information on something?

Armor piercing incendiary. He’s frowning because it’s not included in the update. It has been mentioned some, but no announcement has been made for this.  

Posted (edited)

I just put 2 passes on a Bf-110 and gave it a couple leaks, it was still able to prop hang at 150m and pull out of it while my P-51 stalled out and hit the ground..

There is a problem with German DM's.

This type of War Thunder crap needs to be addressed... The Bf-110 was pulled from the Battle of Britain, yet it's one of the best dogfighters in this game..... Our patience is running really, really low. I hate to sound bias, but the German planes completely float, have no torque effect, and have no damage effect. You can be hit on your right wing, then you're left, and you're 100% maneuverable again.

Edited by Y-29.Silky
  • Haha 12
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

Gentlemen,

Well done, I see many improvements. No bugs so far on my end.

The new perspective / field of view in my favorite plane (FW 190); took a little getting use to but I really like it and how my Track IR reacts to it, feels more natural and realistic.

I also like what you guys have done to level the playing field over all the different platforms / hardware configurations to legitimize the multiplayer arena. This will also make it a bit less daunting for new players to come in and compete as well... and hopefully stick around and join our community.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication on the best flight simulation in the world. Keep up the good work!

Cheers,

Mad-Moses

Gaming System:

• CPU: Intel Core i9-9800k @ 3.6 GHz (5.0 GHz o/c)
  • GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8 GB GDDR6
  • RAM: 32 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
  • Motherboard: MSI Z390I Gaming Edge AC
  • Monitor: ASUS VG27B 2K @ 165Hz
Edited by Mad-Moses

Hey lads,

Can anyone report on the effects of the DM changes? Sounds very interesting.

Cheers

I am worried, all this improvement are coming so fast. Are we players going to absorb them as fast as they are created?! No I am joking. After all we are virtual pilots. And our learning curve is steep. Thank for all those refinements of this  already great game, thanks. :salute:  Triple hurrah ! :salute:

23 minutes ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

Hey lads,

Can anyone report on the effects of the DM changes? Sounds very interesting.

Cheers

I did a big run of testing in 4.006 and was working on getting videos and whatnot put together when the update came out.  I just did a very quick pass on four aircraft in 4.007.  10 engagements for the K4, D9, P-51, and Spit 9 shot from the rear with .50.  In 4.006 that yielded one case of the D9 having both elevator cables cut, one aileron and one rudder cable cut on the P-51, and one aileron and one double elevator on the Spit 9.  In 4.007 the same 10 runs at each produced no control cable cuts for any of the aircraft.  So it would appear that all the aircraft control lines are more durable - at least to MG fire.  Otherwise, things seem unchanged.  109 still soaks damage from the rear as before.  Link to the raw numbers for my quick 4.007 test.  Sorry for the poor video quality - I just threw it together quickly.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, GOA_Walter_Nowotny said:

Reshade has a adaptative sharpen that you adjust and you see how work in the moment. Then you set the valor you like most.

The color is real but you can use colorfullness to enhance some colours. Greener pasture, more blue sky. In general more vivid colors. You can adjust values that you like too in the moment.

I know it's possible. But not using them I'm not limited during game play and image is good enough.