Jump to content
Han

Game version 4.007 discussion: Ju 87 D-3 in 4K, new options and camera controls, control rods DM and ect.

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, Atomic_Spaniel said:

The 4k Ju-87 exterior + instrument glass + canopy reflections = feels like a new aircraft 👍

Totally agreed, Tank Killer looks particularly nice!  Great stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

10. German fighter pilots of the Battle of Moscow, Battle of Stalingrad and Battle of Kuban have a new visual model and a sidearm during Summer (new Winter model, also with a sidearm, will be added later when it is ready). Because of this, the default camera position and user-customizable snapviews (.svc files) were changed on Bf 109-G14, Bf 109-K4, Me 262-A, Fw 190-A3, Fw 190-53, Fw 190-A8 and Fw 190-D9. The updater should overwrite the old files for these planes with the new updated ones for you, but in case this action was blocked by antivirus software on your PC and you see a wrong view in the cockpit of these aircraft in the game, please copy the new default .svc files for these aircraft from \data\LuaScripts\snapviews\defaults to \data\LuaScripts\snapviews manually. If you haven't customized the view positions on other aircraft, you can just copy all the files from  snapviews\defaults to snapviews folder;

 

Is the list of the planes that have had snapview changes the only planes that will have overwritten values? I will have to re-correct/center the VR default view because of this, and would like to be assured that I don't have to go through every plane with an offset sight.

 

Edit: Update: I just confirmed for myself nearly every plane with an offset sight in the sim has been affected by the update overwriting the snapview files. I just had to fix 20 of the 21 planes with offset sights.

Edited by Stiggles
1. Filling out full text of Patch Note line item. 2. Update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still experiencing the issue where graphical setting changes do not stick through a restart.

Specifically Canopy Reflections and AA settings do not persist  through a game restart . . . . no one else seems to report this so I think it's me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Stiggles said:

 

Is the list of the planes that have had snapview changes the only planes that will have overwritten values? I will have to re-correct/center the VR default view because of this, and would like to be assured that I don't have to go through every plane with an offset sight.

 

It had no affect on my default VR center view. I did not have to change a thing for it.

Just assigned the new zoom levels to buttons on my HOTAS, working a treat.

But to be clear only flying the Spit Mk IX at the moment.

Edited by dburne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, =621=Samikatz said:

2. Aircraft control systems DM has been upgraded. The probability of losing control in a certain control axis depends on the control wires or rods configuration of a particular aircraft and existence of a reserve control channel (or its lack thereof);

 

Curious about this! What different control systems were used in the aircraft we have in the sim and how do they respond to damage differently?

 

I can't speak for the bomber aicraft since I don't know them very well, but the FW-190 types control their flight surfaces with push rods rather than cables, which should make them a little bit more sturdy (although some parts of that system are still just cables). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, pfrances said:

I'm still experiencing the issue where graphical setting changes do not stick through a restart.

Specifically Canopy Reflections and AA settings do not persist  through a game restart . . . . no one else seems to report this so I think it's me.

 

Cause your startup.cfg file is probably set to Read Only.

 

Jason

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoctorDrago said:

Correct, they do not, but with my rig everything looks considerably worse in FXAA so I have not been using it other than to test.  This is something that was happening in the last patch also, and not an isolated issue, so I wanted to be sure to report what I'm seeing in this new patch as soon as possible!  Definitely not a game-breaking problem, but worth noting nonetheless.

 

EDIT: I believe @6FG_Big_Alhad this issue too, are you still seeing it also?

Yes i have them too

1 hour ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

 

@DoctorDrago I run 4x FXAA and game looks just fine. And also a lot faster than MSAA, which caused substantial performance loss compared to FXAA. The reflections flickered and had this black outline with MSAA. Gonna test with 4.007 now if any difference. Also filed an error report to AMD. 

Interesting. For me it's the opposite. I get barely 70 FPS with FXAA and with MSAA I have around 120 FPS

I also sended an updated report on Han's topic referring to your post^^

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pfrances said:

Question. Can VR zoom now be tied to an axis?

 

If you use intermediary software you can have the axis trigger a different keypress in 20% bands, though this will not work exactly like an axis. It will be "stepped".

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

 

Cause your startup.cfg file is probably set to Read Only.

 

Jason

 

Whale

Oil

Beef

Hooked

 

How the hell did that happen? Must have been drinking and poking around where I shouldn't have been.

 

Thanks Jason.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont wanna say the new camera/zoom options aren't good but im used to the old default system before the latest patch. And now im struggeling to get it back, can someboddy help????:help:

Havent fixed it till now and the new functions are confusing me especialy the standart view distance to my dashboard has changed and i cant get it back to the previous distance😅  PLEASE Devs  give me an option to set it to the old system of camera an zoom options

 

Edited by easterling77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, -332FG-Ursus_ said:

Is a little bit sad for ReShade users, most of them only use it for aesthetics.

So aesthetics in game is not good enough?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great work on new VR zoom levels. I have Valve Index & have several zoom levels on a joystick hat.

Thanks Devs!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

So aesthetics in game is not good enough?

Are good. Can be better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

So aesthetics in game is not good enough?

 

They are for me, simply gorgeous. Never had a desire to run a mod to change it.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, -332FG-Ursus_ said:

Is a little bit sad for ReShade users, most of them only use it for aesthetics. But you cannot trust in the good heart of ppl. Its true ReShade can be used with bad intentions.

 

Thanks for put an end to this discussion...

Sad for me too. Instaled reshade only for aesthetic because i have a 55" screen. And was wonderfull. Using only 2 enhancers, colorfullness and sharpen. Maybe devs add in a future something like colorfullness because the change is awesome.

But, as you say, not all ppl use RSH in correct ways. Anyway the graphics looks excelent too without RSH.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zoom new settings.. Perfect !!!!!!!!  Thanks Jason to listen and provide.. 

 

Now Yak9's controls :) and it will be very good :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GOA_Walter_Nowotny said:

Sad for me too. Instaled reshade only for aesthetic because i have a 55" screen. And was wonderfull. Using only 2 enhancers, colorfullness and sharpen. Maybe devs add in a future something like colorfullness because the change is awesome.

 

So you mean, that color hue is not real?
Game has its own sharpen filter. Or you can use sharpen filter in drivers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, easterling77 said:

I dont wanna say the new camera/zoom options aren't good but im used to the old default system before the latest patch. And now im struggeling to get it back, can someboddy help????:help:

Havent fixed it till now and the new functions are confusing me especialy the standart view distance to my dashboard has changed and i cant get it back to the previous distance😅  PLEASE Devs  give me an option to set it to the old system of camera an zoom options

 

Ok strange, one complete restart has fixed it ....all fine now sorry for the panic😅

Edited by easterling77

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates to the TC AI in this patch....? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game looks absolutely stunning. Actually, I am so excited by the last major updates so I decided to preorder BoN to support The Team and their amazing work.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, J2_Bidu said:

 

I like the colourfulness.

 

About this ReShade thing, I'm curious -  I thought the notes said the change was that it didn't work in Multiplayer only, and that's IF the server has the option setting for Allow Injectors = Off (or words/settings to that effect).

 

So is it like broken in single player too now, us that what you're saying?  Or do all the MP servers have it turned off already?

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you see double FPS counter? How to have the one only, as it was?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately my overal graphic quality has decreased too much after this last update. I have a Radeon RX 580 8Gb, driver version 20.5.1.
I'll leave my game's settings as well

20200609233611_1.jpg

20200609233625_1.jpg

20200609233733_1.jpg

20200609234748_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well thanks for the update. Zoom was great. Had serious issues after a while

win 10 update   a nvidia driver update hopefullY fixed that

I found my fps was stable and higher. 
It might be moscow map in qmb that did that, it is a long time since I flew in that

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

So you mean, that color hue is not real?
Game has its own sharpen filter. Or you can use sharpen filter in drivers.

Reshade has a adaptative sharpen that you adjust and you see how work in the moment. Then you set the valor you like most.

The color is real but you can use colorfullness to enhance some colours. Greener pasture, more blue sky. In general more vivid colors. You can adjust values that you like too in the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

 

About this ReShade thing, I'm curious -  I thought the notes said the change was that it didn't work in Multiplayer only, and that's IF the server has the option setting for Allow Injectors = Off (or words/settings to that effect).

 

So is it like broken in single player too now, us that what you're saying?  Or do all the MP servers have it turned off already?

 

It's working fine, at least in single player. Maybe they removed anything that was excessive, I wouldn't know. Right now I use only Colourfullness. I've also had Curves, Vibrance and Adaptive Sharpen in the past, but now this is what I use. I find the game colours a bit dull.

Edited by J2_Bidu
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great update! Spotting in VR is very good and the new zoom levels work really well for me.

 

Just need a brain upgrade now to process all the available visual information much, much quicker and then I will surely become invincible. :biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrazyDuck said:

Being a nuclear physicist I was like this for a second:

44kgrt.jpg

 

 

 

Everybody SCRAMble!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GOA_Walter_Nowotny said:

Reshade has a adaptative sharpen that you adjust and you see how work in the moment. Then you set the valor you like most.

The color is real but you can use colorfullness to enhance some colours. Greener pasture, more blue sky. In general more vivid colors. You can adjust values that you like too in the moment.

Just in case. This is what my ReShade is doing to my game. Just aesthetics. First one is Reshade one, second one ,turned off. Is just vivid colors.

20200517005257_1.jpg

20200517005304_1.jpg

Edited by -332FG-Ursus_
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dburne said:

 

It had no affect on my default VR center view. I did not have to change a thing for it.

Just assigned the new zoom levels to buttons on my HOTAS, working a treat.

But to be clear only flying the Spit Mk IX at the moment.

 

In the planes with offset sights, the default "center" is offset for flat screen players so they can see the sight. In VR it makes you feel like you're smashing into the glass on the (usual) right side. To fix it, I've gone through every plane that I notice it in and tweaked the snapviews to get the camera centered by default. There are more planes and plane positions that have this problem than you'd think. It's also a bit tedious to fix, and I'd honestly wish that there was just a different cockpit center for VR that is where the center of the pilot's head is and not where his right or left eye is (ditto for the gunner positions that are like this too).

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've noticed the change of default camera position as mentioned under  point 10 in the change log but not  all planes listed there -only in the A8 and D9 - A3 and A5 are just fine for example.

But i cant solve this problem by copying the default svc. file for these planes as discribed solutuon. They stay in the wrong position. Can somebody give me an advise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

So aesthetics in game is not good enough?

Well I was going to be trying the VREM mod to try and see if I could force the system to reproject in my correct IPD, so I guess now I get to decide if that's worth it to never play multiplayer again. 

 

Thank you. Great job. Keep up the good work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new binoculars for tank crew are great !! :yahoo: Now we can use normal zoom and the binoculars actually have a good use 🧐

Thanks! 👍

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

Tank Binoculars ... How do you control de zoom? I cannot find the keys ...

In headmovement department.  3 levels 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

nice update, I like it and it works great with my HP Reverb.

Thanks to the Team and Martin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 1stCL/rudidlo said:

So aesthetics in game is not good enough?

In my opinion it is too greyish.🙁 I had to deinstall ReShade and without Colorfulness it feels awful... I turned just a little bit of Sharpen on. The Instruments looked way better. It would be cool if you could set in settings how colorful your game should be. And I would love to have another in game sharpening function where it is just a little bit. The standart one does not look too good in my opinion.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Steam chaps i suggest to verify game files after each update!

There is usually one or two files often fail to validate but =Verifying it once again= it manages to verify all files succesfully.

 

Thnx devs for Reshade abuse removal and VR zoom!

 

S!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Do you see double FPS counter? How to have the one only, as it was?

 

FPS and FOV.  No idea how to disable the FOV.

 

von Tom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...