Game version 4.007 discussion: Ju 87 D-3 in 4K, new options and camera controls, control rods DM and ect.

14 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

@DoctorDrago Use FXAA and the reflections do not flicker. 

Correct, they do not, but with my rig everything looks considerably worse in FXAA so I have not been using it other than to test.  This is something that was happening in the last patch also, and not an isolated issue, so I wanted to be sure to report what I'm seeing in this new patch as soon as possible!  Definitely not a game-breaking problem, but worth noting nonetheless.

EDIT: I believe @6FG_Big_Alhad this issue too, are you still seeing it also?

Edited by DoctorDrago
4 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

我会在论坛的技术问题部分发布您的完整规格,以及崩溃发生时的确切情况。也许有一个快速修复。

In a quick game, the game crashed while flying,and When the game is cut in the background, the probability of crash is greater

There is still a question, in VR mode, how to adjust the interpupillary distance after zooming,After zooming in, the picture is out of focus, the picture you see is ghost

Just ran a mission in my PWCG Campaign, Spit in Bodenplatte.

I assigned all 5 zoom levels to button on my HOTAS, flying in VR, all worked a treat! Nice to have those options, you guys have knocked it 

out of the park now on the zoom feature!

Regarding the new FOV indicator ( now that I know what it is) below the fps indicator , I would probably prefer it to be assignable separate to the fps counter.

Not sure I would want to display that info as often as I might want to display fps. But certainly nice to have.

• Upvote 2
  • 1CGS
4 minutes ago, =GW=501Railgun said:

In a quick game, the game crashed while flying,and When the game is cut in the background, the probability of crash is greater

There is still a question, in VR mode, how to adjust the interpupillary distance after zooming,After zooming in, the picture is out of focus, the picture you see is ghost

This is a Pimax issue. Use PP.

Jason

• Thanks 1

I use a HP Reverb pro.  The pilots spatial head movements aren't getting picked up.  I can look around in the cockpit, however, the pilot's head won't move up, down, forward, back or side to side.  What did I miss?

PS - resolved.  Saw the basic reminder to restart computer and all is well.  Great update, thanks!!!

Edited by 334th_Charlie

S! 

@DoctorDrago I run 4x FXAA and game looks just fine. And also a lot faster than MSAA, which caused substantial performance loss compared to FXAA. The reflections flickered and had this black outline with MSAA. Gonna test with 4.007 now if any difference. Also filed an error report to AMD. 

5 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

@DoctorDrago I run 4x FXAA and game looks just fine. And also a lot faster than MSAA, which caused substantial performance loss compared to FXAA. The reflections flickered and had this black outline with MSAA. Gonna test with 4.007 now if any difference. Also filed an error report to AMD. 

FXAA will always be a little faster than MSAA. 

S! 

@dburne just tested with MSAA. My fps was capped to 120fps with FXAA. That is the refresh rate of my screen. With MSAA the framerate plummeted over 50fps! 😳 And the black outline is still there, lessened though. Reflections on planes still flicker with MSAA. So back to FXAA.. 

17 minutes ago, LLv34_Flanker said:

S! 

Yep, it's true FXAA is faster and I'm glad it looks good on your setup, but for me and my machine FXAA is not anywhere close to the visual quality of MSAA, and my performance is pretty solid regardless of AA method.  So, while FXAA has no artifacts, I'm not going to use it if I don't have to. 

What I'm really interested in is seeing what's going on with MSAA in this new version of the engine, since it gives me higher visual quality I'd like to keep using it, but I'd also like these last few artifacts to go away, which is why I reported that here for the dev team.  They certainly don't make the game unplayable, far from it!  And to reiterate, for me the black outlines have indeed been fixed in MSAA with 4.007.  Only the flickery pixels remain.

Edited by DoctorDrago
  • 1CGS
14 minutes ago, JG700_Benek said:

New zoom for 2d is terrible!.

Also can we have the predefined zoom levels keypress behaviour selectable atm they are on when pressed down I would like to not have to keep em pressed.

Then zoom with the default keys as before. Nothing has changed with 2d zoom from before. Only added new quick keys.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Han said:

News on 4.007 update, full text

You can ask new questions in this thread

what is the issue with reshader? I can't see planes at more than 2000 kilometers with a 2070 Nvidia with 32 gigs of ram and i9 intel with a 144hz monitor. Unless I use    1920x1080 or less. Turn down AA in the game or off all together. I can go max zoom and see the dots at 3k+ but not if I pull back 2 click from the zoom or pull back to full field of view they vanish. They need to fix the rendering of the fighters.  

14 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Then zoom with the default keys as before. Nothing has changed with 2d zoom from before. Only added new quick keys.

Jason

Head zoom views used to be instant (if one wants, he could assign 100% speed (0% of inertion) of head zoom in and out, reset zoom etc.). Now its not instant speed even wiith 100% of speed zoom applied. New zoom function is instant but you need to press AND HOLD keys assigned (the new four levels of zoom).

Why on earth you changed existing camera zoom views (zoom view)....

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2
53 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

In their defence, judging by their quotes and the squad tag, they are reading in Chinese and may be having difficulties in translation when reading the patch notes.

My bad and no offense meant to @=GW=501Railgun

16 minutes ago, USMC_Iceman said:

what is the issue with reshader? I can't see planes at more than 2000 kilometers with a 2070 Nvidia with 32 gigs of ram and i9 intel with a 144hz monitor. Unless I use    1920x1080 or less. Turn down AA in the game or off all together. I can go max zoom and see the dots at 3k+ but not if I pull back 2 click from the zoom or pull back to full field of view they vanish. They need to fix the rendering of the fighters.  

ReShade has certain filters that can be abused as a cheat.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Sorry not banned. Server-side-option.

I think this is a good outcome and I appreciate you giving server operators the option. This is another patch in fast turnaround since the last one, the development team deserve kudos for how fast they are able to move. Great stuff.

Combat Box will be allowing injectors for the time being, as Lefuneste's VR enhancer mod is required for Pimax VR users to have convergence correction on their zoom (as I understand it). If we learn that players are abusing the injectors to cheat, we will reconsider our position.

• Thanks 4
  • Upvote 4
34 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

FWIW, I think cockpit mousewheel zoom did change slightly in that it now animates FOV change between scrollwheel clicks, which to me at least makes it feel like I'm zooming slightly slower. Not a big deal but I think there was a very slight change.

31 minutes ago, =VARP=Tvrdi said:

Head zoom views used to be instant (if one wants, he could assign 100% speed (0% of inertion) of head zoom in and out, reset zoom etc.). Now its not instant speed even wiith 100% of speed zoom applied. New zoom function is instant but you need to press AND HOLD keys assigned (the new four levels of zoom).

Why on earth you changed existing camera zoom views (zoom view)....

100x This!

Is a little bit sad for ReShade users, most of them only use it for aesthetics. But you cannot trust in the good heart of ppl. Its true ReShade can be used with bad intentions.

Thanks for put an end to this discussion...

1 hour ago, =GW=501Railgun said:

缩放功能需要mod来提供帮助。 Lefuneste制作了国防部,他有一个Pimax耳机。

I think VR enhancer mod can correct convergence. This is needed to use Pimax headset in regular mode (not PP mode).

• Upvote 1

Okay after checking it seems that antialiasing issues were indeed fixed.

Thanks team!

1 minute ago, JG4_Nutella said:

Nice Update but how can I make my game more colorful now? I don't like that vanilla BOX is a bit greyish...

main reason why I was using reshade...well that and the in game HDR creating artefacts over the horison in certain conditions.

Update downloaded and installed no problem, thank you very much team for these continuing updates, really appreciated.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Han unpinned this topic