Game version 4.007 discussion: Ju 87 D-3 in 4K, new options and camera controls, control rods DM and ect.

33 minutes ago, StG77_Darbzy said:

These settings have worked better now. Getting 40-80 fps. Colour looks better. Shout out to Agathos Flightschool for the screenshot.

Graphics 2.PNG

Have you tried it without Landscape Filter and Sharpening?

Which AA version are you using?  Maybe also try turning down AA from 4x to 2x as AA can blur things at low resolutions.  Use less AA and more VR SS instead.

2 hours ago, blitze said:

Have you tried it without Landscape Filter and Sharpening?

Which AA version are you using?  Maybe also try turning down AA from 4x to 2x as AA can blur things at low resolutions.  Use less AA and more VR SS instead.

I'm using MSAA at the moment, as I understand this is less onerous on my system.

I've tried lots of different combinations but it's hard to know how these various options interact with each other in terms of affecting frame rates without just trial and error. I don't have anymore time to mess around with it, but so far my current settings are 'the least shit' and will have to do until I find more time. I just did what was recommended in this video:

1 minute ago, StG77_Darbzy said:

I'm using MSAA at the moment, as I understand this is less onerous on my system.

I've tried lots of different combinations but it's hard to know how these various options interact with each other in terms of affecting frame rates without just trial and error. I don't have anymore time to mess around with it, but so far my current settings are 'the least shit' and will have to do until I find more time. I just did what was recommended in this video:

Fxaa actually is the one that uses less system resources 

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue but my view is all screwed up when I try to fly the Sopwith Camel.  My view is looking directly down at my seat and is unable to move back to normal cockpit view.  I can change to other views but not to normal cockpit.  This is not happening in any of the other WW1 or WW2 planes.  Has anyone mentioned this problem or does anyone know how to fix it?

54 minutes ago, Nightstalker said:

does anyone know how to fix it

go to the game folder \data\LuaScripts\snapviews\defaults and copy over the default snapview for that plane and paste it in here: \data\LuaScripts\snapviews

this will overwrite any custom view for that plane that you once saved and replace it with the default one

Edited by H_Stiglitz
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, H_Stiglitz said:

go to the game folder \data\LuaScripts\snapviews\defaults and copy over the default snapview for that plane and paste it in here: \data\LuaScripts\snapviews

this will overwrite any custom view for that plane that you once saved and replace it with the default one

Yes that should fix it, had same problem after last update on few airplanes, and i fix it that way.

10 hours ago, StG77_Darbzy said:

I just checked and ASW is on Auto. I've changed my graphics settings to 'balanced' and there has been a small improvement in frame rate, but my graphics colours look all washed out. Sigh...

Capture.PNG

These doesn't seem VR settings!

I also fly with Rift S, balanced, msaax2, shadows off, mirrors off, reflections off, everything else pretty much the same, OTT (ASW off, cpu high priority, SS 1.2), OpenComposite.... and i get 80fps almost all the time!

I7 6700k 4.6ghz, 2070super, rift S

4.007 patch, I was initially glad to see the new zoom feature, that bind to joystick key, is great.

But after that I am more and more disappointed with a 4.007:

- damage of controls is good intention but it seems exaggerated (spoiling the feeling) !

Planes are simply too sensitive to hits... I was testing for hours in SP combat Bf-109G6 vs Spit Mk IX.

Just one short burst hit - in 80% cases is instant kill of Spit Mk IX ?!? Before this patch it took 2 (or 3) short bursts to finish of the Spit, and dogfight was more interesting.

Now, I have a feeling that every single hit received by the light fighter, no matter where, automatically crashes the control rods ?

(I can imagine what would cause 1 Jug burst...)

By the way, it makes FW-190 marginal fighter - why would anyone practice the FW-190 handling , when Bf-109 has this new "butcher firepower" ?

- the bug from previous patches, of SP planes hitting the ground without any visible reason, remains unfixed.

I know that it takes maybe too much time and effort from developers to polite the control rods damage, but the bug of "hitting the ground", inherited from Cliffs of Dover, is unacceptable in modern WW2 sim.

...or we simply have to wait for the new generation of CPUs to properly handle these features ?

Edited by esk_pedja
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, esk_pedja said:

- damage of controls is good intention but it seems exaggerated (spoiling the feeling) !

Planes are simply too sensitive to hits... I was testing for hours in SP combat Bf-109G6 vs Spit Mk IX.

Just one short burst hit - in 80% cases is instant kill of Spit Mk IX ?!? Before this patch it took 2 (or 3) short bursts to finish of the Spit, and dogfight was more interesting.

Now, I have a feeling that every single hit received by the light fighter, no matter where, automatically crashes the control rods ?

Hmm, that would explain why yesterday I went from an average 1 kill per mission (between 0 and 2 in SP) to 7 kills in one sortie.  Now, my gunnery has improved... ,  but still, I was a little astonished.  Short burst per aircraft and either immediate engine fire or an out of control airframe.  Of course the same happened to me with a single AA hit.  Immediate death spiral.

This was me in a Spit Vb vs FW190a(?), BF109G6, Stukas and 110s on the Kuban map.

Not that I'm complaining, however.  A second Hero of the Soviet Union was certainly appreciated!

Edit:  Why can't I comment outside the quote?

Edited by Noisemaker

It gives VVS flyers a better chance knocking things down with their limited ammo. 😉

I also noticed that going from my regular SteamVR setting of 100% to 120% made a lovely visual improvement without any frame penalty.  No AA on though.

Saved the Reich from a B25 raid and then played cat and mouse with Tempests in the clouds with my 109G6

• Upvote 1

Can anyone explain why there are two numbers that show up when I press backspace to display the frame rate? The top one changes, and is usually around 38, and the bottom one tends to remain static at about 95.

I'm using an Oculus Quest VR headset if that makes any difference. I'm wondering if one is the screen frame rate and the other is the headset.

All of our squad has noticed significant loss of the aircraft draw distance since the last two hotfixes.

We have been testing using Tracview to note the distance at which the contact aircraft disappears. The way we test is for the two subject aircraft to take divergent headings of 45 degrees and waggle wings when the contact disappears. The wing waggle clearly shows up in Tacview. 

Prior to the hotfixes we could see the contact up to at least 14 km. After the hotfix that distance has drastically reduced to about 4 km. Tonight, even though we all thought it was apparently closer to 10 km, in actuality it WAS 4 km. The visual impression was that they were much farther away than they actually were, probably because the visual size of the planes is much smaller than before.

Many of us are about to give up on flying this product as it's much too difficult to stay cohesive and keep good SA. The ones with non-Nvidea cards have it worst of all.

Please, please, please address this issue.

My specs:

Win 10, 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz

Memory: 32768MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

Monitor: Acer Predator Z35P

The images are Test 1 on 6-10-20 - 14 km distance, Test 2 on 6/17/20 - 4 km distance.

6-10-20 Contact lost.jpg

6-17-20 Contact lost.jpg

These are my graphics settings. No Reshade, 3dMigotu or any other post processing.

Graphics.png

Nvidea 1.png

Nvidea 2.png

Nvidea 3.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
12 hours ago, esk_pedja said:

By the way, it makes FW-190 marginal fighter - why would anyone practice the FW-190 handling , when Bf-109 has this new "butcher firepower" ?

Agreed. 

I just not enjoy this game since the last update. 

In 9 out of 10 cases 'Im dead and watching from outside  my plane rolling to the ground with burning engine. I can't hear a shot, a gunfire, do not see tracers, no damage, simply I got a headshot and I am dead. I can't even notice where is  the plane who shot me.  It is very frustrating. I get pk even when I attack bombers, no gunner shots, no traces, bang, I am dead from hundreds of meters without an injury or damage or warning.

It kills gameplay and with the vr handicap of the last update (zoom, identify planes and vr performance drop) I am very disappointed now. 

I know it is a hard work to create a game like this and the devs make great efforts to fix all bugs, and there is always people who complain ....but I feel I do not want to play in vr because it is pointless now.

22 hours ago, H_Stiglitz said:

This worked like a charm!  Thanks again.

On 6/9/2020 at 10:07 PM, Y-29.Silky said:

I just put 2 passes on a Bf-110 and gave it a couple leaks, it was still able to prop hang at 150m and pull out of it while my P-51 stalled out and hit the ground..

There is a problem with German DM's.

This type of War Thunder crap needs to be addressed... The Bf-110 was pulled from the Battle of Britain, yet it's one of the best dogfighters in this game..... Our patience is running really, really low. I hate to sound bias, but the German planes completely float, have no torque effect, and have no damage effect. You can be hit on your right wing, then you're left, and you're 100% maneuverable again.

I must be doing something wrong...every time I tried to dogfight in a 110 I ended up a corpse 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • 1CGS
11 hours ago, JG1_Vonrd said:

And where in the track am I supposed to look? You guys really need to understand we don’t have unlimited time to search for things.

Jason

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

And where in the track am I supposed to look? You guys really need to understand we don’t have unlimited time to search for things.

Jason

Those are zips of the track folder which includes TC file,CHS, MSNBIN and all the language files. 

I'm not trying to be difficult and I'm really wanting to help resolving this issue.

It won't allow me to attach the TRK files since they exceed the 5MB limit.

Here's a link to Dropbox with the TRK files.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m76ts13nlklmyzw/AACxCLMChSEoDX_cgGquVNuza?dl=0

Does that work?

11 minutes ago, blitze said:

Time range/stamps from tracks are a good idea to publish along with the track.

How would I do that? I'm not very well versed in the track viewer.

Edited by JG1_Vonrd

I think damage modelling can be awesome in this sim: below is the screenshot of my plane after I had been shot-up in an ambush and forced to land.

I only managed to keep the plane controllable by the skin of my teeth, due to major part of the left-wing blown-off, including aileron and half of its flaps.

The aileron on the right wing is not operable either so I had no roll control.

And all this was beautifully reflected in the cockpit as well because my stick got stuck in the right position and I couldn't move it sideways anymore, so the attention to detail is definitely there and much appreciated.

2020_6_17__1_49_45.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, WheelwrightPL said:

I think damage modelling can be awesome in this sim: below is the screenshot of my plane after I had been shot-up in an ambush and forced to land.

I only managed to keep the plane controllable by the skin of my teeth, due to major part of the left-wing blown-off, including aileron and half of its flaps.

And all this was beautifully reflected in the cockpit as well because my stick got stuck in the right position and I couldn't move it sideways anymore, so the attention to detail is definitely there and much appreciated.

2020_6_17__1_49_45.jpg

You got f*****up alright! I'll give you $5 for the scrap metal. 

4 minutes ago, Irishratticus72 said:

You got f*****up alright! I'll give you $5 for the scrap metal. 

Well, the 109 was designed so that wing replacement was an easy operation (due to landing gear being in the fuselage).

So I will be back in action in no time😁

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, WheelwrightPL said:

2020_6_17__1_49_45.jpg

I also had a similar flight, where I got pounced by a high altitude La-5, doing CAP over one objective. Luckily I saw him just when he was about to shoot, so I started rolling, and messed up his aim. Nevertheless, he managed to hit my wing pretty good. I continued the roll and turned it into a split-S, diving through the clouds, to disengage. I returned immediately to base and since I knew low speed was going to be an issue with such a damaged wing, I started doing tests next to the airfield to see how the plane behaved full flaps and gear down. Of course, once I got close to 200km/h the plane would start to roll towards the damaged side, and aileron was not enough to hold it level. What I discovered was that pumping the throttle would add enough torque which helped me roll back upright together with full aileron and rudder. I did several attempts to land, almost crashing and finally got it after 15-20 minutes of trials. Had to back off on the flaps setting to get it though while also pumping the throttle just when I got close to touching down, landing at a higher speed. Such a satisfying experience.

Edited by Raven109
  • Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, dburne said:

Can't say I have noticed an increase here.

For me it seems after loading the game after a patch it takes a bit longer than normal. Then afterward it loads faster. Always makes me think the patch broke something lol.

15 hours ago, JG1_Vonrd said:

Nvidea 1.png

I posted this in the other thread I created in the technical issues sub forum. 

"Well, I am still tinkering but I think the big thing that changed for me between 4.006 and 4.007 is that spotting and identification with no AA was markedly decreased. It really affected me because I was running with higher graphical settings but no AA. I was unable to turn on AA without getting micro-stutters. 

I have since played around and decreased enough graphical settings that I am able to run 4X FXAA without stutters and spotting and identification feels about as good as it had before with no AA... unfortunately the game doesn't quite look as a good... but at least I don't feel handicapped."

Something has definitely changed with 4.007 causing poorer spotting. That said, I've mostly gotten around it by use of FXAA, and I think the same should work with MSAA.

That said, I would try turning off that 16x AA that you are applying in the NVIDIA settings on-top of the MSAA in game. 

Edited by SCG_Wulfe
14 minutes ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I posted this in the other thread I created in the technical issues sub forum. 

Something has definitely changed with 4.007 causing poorer spotting. That said, I've mostly gotten around it by use of FXAA, and I think the same should work with MSAA.

That said, I would try turning off that 16x AA that you are applying in the NVIDIA settings on-top of the MSAA in game. 

Yeah, we have been messing around with different settings but no improvements. Prior to the Hotfixes we were all jubilant at how the spotting was for us and what a great improvement 4.007 was. The hotfixes cut the visibility draw distance to less than 30% of what it was prior to the hotfixes. Something drastic happened with them.

Edited by JG1_Vonrd
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, JG1_Vonrd said:

Yeah, we have been messing around with different settings but no improvements. Prior to the Hotfixes we were all jubilant at how the spotting was for us and what a great improvement 4.007 was. The hotfixes cut the visibility draw distance to less than 30% of what it was prior to the hotfixes. Something drastic happened with them.

Do you always have a lot of things in Nvidia set to OFF all the time? Maybe try setting most everything to application controlled instead? You could maybe have Nvidia control panel nerfing all the in-game effects. With Sharpening off you might be disabling the in-game sharpen filter which I find helps immensely for both spotting and ID. 

4X FXAA and Sharpen On in game, a slight Sharpen filter in Nvidia control panel (0.3 I think?), and that's it and I have had no noticeable reduction in spotting ability since 4.006. Haven't had time to play the latest 4.007 hotfix though, admittedly.

I even turned up my gamma and there was no difference in spotting, I am not convinced that the low gamma numbers people were previously applying improve things. I found, after deferred shading, that a gamma of 0.8 is significantly worse that 0.9 for spotting and just the look of the game. 

3 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Do you always have a lot of things in Nvidia set to OFF all the time? Maybe try setting most everything to application controlled instead? You could maybe have Nvidia control panel nerfing all the in-game effects. With Sharpening off you might be disabling the in-game sharpen filter which I find helps immensely for both spotting and ID. 

4X FXAA and Sharpen On in game, a slight Sharpen filter in Nvidia control panel (0.3 I think?), and that's it and I have had no noticeable reduction in spotting ability since 4.006. Haven't had time to play the latest 4.007 hotfix though, admittedly.

I even turned up my gamma and there was no difference in spotting, I am not convinced that the low gamma numbers people were previously applying improve things. I found, after deferred shading, that a gamma of 0.8 is significantly worse that 0.9 for spotting and just the look of the game. 

Thanks, I'll give your suggestions a try tonight after work.

• Han unpinned this topic