BlueHeron

Trim buttons not working for the Lightning

I've assigned joystick buttons to rudder and elevator trim for the P-38, but they have no effect.  If I use the keyboard binding, I see CTRL Z and X change the rudder trim, and I can use an axis to change elevator trim but buttons that are assigned to these do not work.  Is this a known issue?

The control page headings are a bit misleading. It refers to the aircraft cockpit trim control itself not someones HOTAS, makes more sense this way everyone has a different control setup.

When it says axis trim it means the aircraft itself used a wheel for control trim elevator, rudder or aileron. If the aircraft had buttons in cockpit for this purpose then it will use the trim button setting in control setup.

P38 had trim wheels, you say you have axis control for elevator, you need to set axis control for rudder. You can use HOTAS  buttons for it so do not need a complete set of axis but you need to set it in the axis. Just have the same buttons set in axis as for buttons (although they are separate line). There should be defaults values in each if I remember correctly.

Silar story for 109/190 stabiliser trim. 190 uses buttons and 109 and axis so need to have both set (but all trim and stabilisers can be set with identical controls (no plane has a stabiliser and elevator trim, similarly no plane has buttons for trim and an trim wheel).

Strange, but it works.  Thanks!

Any idea how I can monitor flaps angle from inside the cockpit of the P-38?  How do I know when I'm at 50%?

Just now, BlueHeron said:

Strange, but it works.  Thanks!

Any idea how I can monitor flaps angle from inside the cockpit of the P-38?  How do I know when I'm at 50%?

look at your wings

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately, doesn't help.  The red peg shows regardless of how much my flaps are deployed.

EDIT:  OK, I see one click of the flaps button will automatically move to combat flaps, and you need to hold the button to go further.

Edited by BlueHeron