[MOD] VREM : VR enhancer

Many thanks! This worked ! Now I can use this great mod and I am delighted!ūü•į

Many thanks -this worked like a charm! I just didn’t know this key stroke would solve this particular problem..now Ican use this nifty mod from now on!

084E14AE-BCEF-48AA-9C8B-0510086EA340.jpeg

Sorry if asked before, but I came back to this mod after some time off, with the new patch,  and I see now it is detected as a mod/cheat on almost all main online servers. Is it normal?. Uninstalling it solves the problem. I thought one of the reasons for discontinuing 3Dmigoto mod was to avoid being considered a mod/cheat.... Thanks.

1 hour ago, E69_Luke said:

Sorry if asked before, but I came back to this mod after some time off, with the new patch,  and I see now it is detected as a mod/cheat on almost all main online servers. Is it normal?. Uninstalling it solves the problem. I thought one of the reasons for discontinuing 3Dmigoto mod was to avoid being considered a mod/cheat.... Thanks.

Hello, the VREM mod can only be used in SP. It is normal to have it seen as a mod by MP server, it is one !

• Thanks 1

I use & like this Moda lot, but one glitch has started showing up but let me add I'm not sure that this mod is causing it or the interaction with one of the first mods which did away with "sun glare." I am using VR and at certain angles of flight I am getting very large,very distracting, and "fuzzy "pentagons .They do not look at all like the sun glare signatures in stock versions of the game.I haven'tyet tried LCTRL+q, but first thought I'd better ask here whether others have experienced this...uh...vision?

flare.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Really enjoying this mod, even though I'm only using the grey labels and image sharpening features at the moment. Having grey labels really reduces cheating of being able to identify friend from foe at unrealistic ranges. Pity there isn't a MP server that caters to VR users and allows use of this mod.

On 11/14/2020 at 8:01 PM, vonGraf said:

I have a very stupid question, since I am a newbie to this game (with its complex mods!).  In the first thread, I notice the following installation instructions: 

installation

¬∑ ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Without JSGME ou OVGME (not recommendedūüėě unzip the mod zip into the installation directory of IL2 GB.

·         With JSGME or OVGME : the zip is packaged to be installed directly by these programs

After installation, you should find at least d3d11.dll, d3dx.ini files and shaderfixes, users_settings, ReplacementTextures directories in the same directory than IL-2.exe

My questions are: what are JSGME or OVGME?  Are these yet other programs that I have to download and where do I put them?  Once I get the zoom mod (VR Enhancer), where do I place it within IL-2 directory?!  Sorry, these instructions are not at all clear for newbies and I just spent over an hour reading and trying to make sense of these posts!  This seems like a great game, but I must admit that the game setup process has been painful (for Oculus VR), since I just figured out how to work the 6 o'clock VR view....  Thank you in advance! <salute>

@Friction

The JSGME is a program that will install the mod to the right directory for you so that you do not have to. The mod creator must have their mod setup to be installed by the JSGME with the right file path. 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/36622-is-there-a-tutorial-to-use-jsgme/

• Like 1
On 12/15/2020 at 5:34 AM, rowdyb00t said:

@Friction

The JSGME is a program that will install the mod to the right directory for you so that you do not have to. The mod creator must have their mod setup to be installed by the JSGME with the right file path. 

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/36622-is-there-a-tutorial-to-use-jsgme/

Thanks fo the reply, rowdyb00t.  I will give this a try.  Hopefully, my newbie computer skills will get me through this.  Odd thing about this game, for newbies anyways, is that these sort of things are scattered all throughout this IL-2 forum.  It is like bits and pieces, with really not much YouTube (video) help.  It takes much reading time to just get up and fly!  Anyhow, I am really hoping to give this game a chance to see how it turns out.  Many thanks again <salute>.

Got the VR zoom Mod working, thank you rowdyboot¬†ūüôā.¬† Definitely helps with identifying other planes.¬† I am now trying to get used to the check 6 vr mod.¬† Seems that I always have to re-center my forward¬†VR view every time I use that to check my 6....

• Like 1

The VREM mod is no more doing thing for VR zoom. All (including canted screen support) is now provided "on the shelves" in the game.

The only thing linked to geometry rendering are the rotation, but they are broken by the last game release and no one complained, it means that it is no more used....

So I will remove it from a new version to come, which should also include some enhancement I have in mind.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I noticed about the rotation issue since last update, rotation is still working but forests are wrongly rendered (even if you can still check six). I have no idea how hard it is to fix this, but the rotation feature of your MOD is still very useful to me at least ;). Anyway, thanks a lot for the good work on the MOD !

PS: for those who, like me, would like to map some MOD short keys to your HOTAS, a simple solution is to use a software like joytokey https://joytokey.net/en/, it works like a charm ...

I need help with the sharpen and color features. I do not understand what values to change and to what in order to affect the color of the external image ( would like to make the outside cockpit world more vibrant) and to sharpen the cockpit and external view (external to remove heavy shimmering I have in vr). 

ive read the configuration doc but don’t understand how to edit these. Thanks in advance

Edited by TheSNAFU
20 hours ago, AV_2Pattes said:

I noticed about the rotation issue since last update, rotation is still working but forests are wrongly rendered (even if you can still check six). I have no idea how hard it is to fix this, but the rotation feature of your MOD is still very useful to me at least ;). Anyway, thanks a lot for the good work on the MOD !

PS: for those who, like me, would like to map some MOD short keys to your HOTAS, a simple solution is to use a software like joytokey https://joytokey.net/en/, it works like a charm ...

Hello. I know and let thing in current state just to see if someone is still using the rotation... But I will stop to maintain it because of the wonderfull tool of J2_Nobiwan here :

19 hours ago, TheSNAFU said:

I need help with the sharpen and color features. I do not understand what values to change and to what in order to affect the color of the external image ( would like to make the outside cockpit world more vibrant) and to sharpen the cockpit and external view (external to remove heavy shimmering I have in vr). 

ive read the configuration doc but don’t understand how to edit these. Thanks in advance

Hello,

As (maybe not so well) explained in the doc. you have to modify user_var_initialization.ini for the color. External image is on second part (orange box for setting1  in the example). New color = old color * mul factor (field 2) + add factor (field 1), and saturation is modified by field 3. Try to play with saturation at first (6th field), save,  update with F12, switch preset with alt u (multiple time).

For sharpen, the easiest way is to set the ingame sharpen option then press Lctrl+k to disable sharpen for outside.

Thanks for your reply and for your work c6_lefunese. I’m new to vr amd have a lot to learn but the number of features in the mod is quite impressive. 

I am under the impression one can increase the value of the sharpen mod. If so how do I accomplish that? 

On 12/31/2020 at 8:01 PM, TheSNAFU said:

I am under the impression one can increase the value of the sharpen mod. If so how do I accomplish that?

It can only be change if you don't use in game sharpen, but the mod sharpen. So sharpen option must be off in game.

Then simply modify $sharpenValue  and $sharpenLuma in user_keymapping.ini to match your taste.

I have to re use all what I did in DCS to avoid file modification and use only menu to change things, but I did not find the time yet...

With help and approval from the author c6_lefuneste, I have extended the sight reticle functionality a little. Find this part of user_keymapping.ini:

[Key4]
; sight brightness factor, > 1.0 = brighter, < 0 = dimmer, 0 = no sight.
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl k
type = cycle
y2 = 4.0, 1.0, 0.5, 0.0, 2.0 

and replace with

[Key4]
; INCREASE BRIGHTNESS
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl k
type = hold
run = CommandListReticleBrighter

[CommandListReticleBrighter]
if y2 <= 6.0
    y2=y2+0.2
endif

[Key98]
; DECREASE BRIGHTNESS
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl i
type = hold
run = CommandListReticleDimmer

[CommandListReticleDimmer]
if y2 >= 0.6
    y2=y2-0.2
endif

[Key99]
; TOGGLE RETICLE, > 1.0 = brighter, < 0 = dimmer, 0 = no sight.
Key = ALT no_shift no_ctrl l
type = cycle
y2 = 0.0, 2.0

This will give:

Toggle reticle on & off with Alt L

Increase reticle brightness with Alt K

Decrease reticle brightness with Alt I

You can change the keys to whatever you want in the  'Key = '  line of the code.

You can change the speed of the brightness change, by changing the 0.2 in the equation y2 = y2 +/- 0.2

You can change the default on/off brightness, by changing the second number in the line y2 = 0.0. ,  2.0

If you want the reticle to be off at mission start, go the user_var_initialisation.ini  file and add this line under [Constants]:

y2 = 0.0

Both the .ini files mentioned above are found in  'bin/game/users_settings'  of the VR_Enhancer_4.0 mod.

Thanks again to the author of the VR enhancer mod, c6_lefuneste.

Regards,

M

Edited by marcost
  • Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi C6,

I'm enjoying using the kneepad function. Is there any way for the images to have an alpha layer so that they can be semi-transparent or the edges of the image don't have to be straight?

I tried adding an alpha layer but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks,

M

Edited by marcost
  • 3 weeks later...

Do I need to change something from default to get the color changes to work?  Not the sight, he whole external and internal views?  It seems I had it working at one point, and now nothing.  I know the mod works because I can pull up the kneeboard with ALT-J.

But when I Alt-U for changing the color profiles, nothing happens.

I'm basically trying to get some more vibrant colors for IL-2BOS.

8 hours ago, Napping-Man said:

Do I need to change something from default to get the color changes to work?  Not the sight, he whole external and internal views?  It seems I had it working at one point, and now nothing.  I know the mod works because I can pull up the kneeboard with ALT-J.

But when I Alt-U for changing the color profiles, nothing happens.

I'm basically trying to get some more vibrant colors for IL-2BOS.

It should work, I'll check.

On 1/25/2021 at 9:05 PM, marcost said:

Hi C6,

I'm enjoying using the kneepad function. Is there any way for the images to have an alpha layer so that they can be semi-transparent or the edges of the image don't have to be straight?

I tried adding an alpha layer but it didn't make a difference.

Thanks,

M

I'll try to do something for the next version.

Thank you for looking, but it is working again.  No idea why.  I didn't change anything.  I have a feeling somewhere my combination of WMR (for Reverb), SteamVR, my TARGET software, my MSI Afterburner, and my coffee machine, probably messed something up.

Thanks again for this great software!

Thanks for the awesome mod!

How do I go about getting shadows to line up correctly with IPD fix on? If I set them right using shadow convergence while looking at gauges, then the ground shadows are off, but if I set it right for ground shadows, the cockpit shadows are all messed up.

The IPD fix part works great however and is much better than the stock IPD offset changes! Amazing work, just need to figure out where I'm going wrong with these shadows

5 hours ago, Grungyfulla said:

Thanks for the awesome mod!

How do I go about getting shadows to line up correctly with IPD fix on? If I set them right using shadow convergence while looking at gauges, then the ground shadows are off, but if I set it right for ground shadows, the cockpit shadows are all messed up.

The IPD fix part works great however and is much better than the stock IPD offset changes! Amazing work, just need to figure out where I'm going wrong with these shadows

unfortunatelly, there is noèother way to fix shadows. Maybe you should focus on far shadows and use fine settings..

I was thinking to remove all this part of the mod. It should be broken with last version for ground, nobody complains and it's a lot of work. VRnecksafer provide a far better way to add rotation. Which helmet do you use ?

1 hour ago, Impalor said:

@c6_lefunesteHello! It's me again, looking for the manual! Or just copy-paste here the part about IPD adjustment. There is no easy menu like in your mod for DCS? 

Only for IPD. I have to rework it to provide same menus than for DCS. But unfortunatelly, it's hard to find the time...

link to documentation fixed.

Edited by c6_lefuneste