c6_lefuneste

[MOD] VREM : VR enhancer

7 minutes ago, BP_Lizard said:

Thanks, lefuneste.

I’ve been hitting those keys but didn’t see the effect. Should it work right away or do I need To change something in the game setting? 

No, it should work as it is...Which graphic setting do you use ? If you select "sharpen" on, then the mod will remove the in game sharpen filter outside the cockpit, if you have "sharpen" off, the mod will use a moded sharpen (that you can set) for cockpit only. I'm currently using the in game sharpen (I find it nicer, finally) , I'll check the mod sharpen when I can.

• Thanks 1

Question on view angles.  I am trying to set the angle to a larger value (I know its not really recommended).  In the user keymapping ini file, I set the value to 30 or 45 and it is still the same angle as the stock settings.  Here are my numbers shown.  I must be doing something wrong.  Any advice?

if $viewSettingMode  == 0 
    ; 30°
    ; $cosView = 0.86602
    ; $sinView = 0.5
    ; 45°
    pre $cosView = 0.965925
    pre $sinView = 0.258819
    post $cosView = 1.0
    post $sinView = 0.0

Posted (edited)

cos(45°) = 0.7071 = sin(45°)

If you set these values in users_settings\user_keymapping.ini in sections [CommandListRotateLeft] and [CommandListRotateRight] it should work.

But you should not do it, because with this angle value you will have missing objects. So you may believe that nobody is behing you just because the game does not draw object outside the regular FoV plus a little margin (~15°)

If you want to use big angle, you should better use this :

On 7/2/2020 at 8:53 AM, BP_Lizard said:

@c6_lefuneste:I’ve tried both sharpen oN and off. Even disabled the rest of the mods.

I do not know what to say...It tested again and the VREM 2.1 sharpen feature is working with the 4.007 for my config...Did you use all default mod files ? 

Can you try to modify the line "hunting=0" to "hunting=2" in the d3dx.ini file and press F12 once in game ?

Edited by c6_lefuneste

New version 3.0 available in first post : compatibility with 4.008, bug fixes. The cloud fix is removed, the game is far better now.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Is anyone having luck with this in a Pimax and able to share their settings?

I've adjusted the convergence, and simple stuff like aircraft hangars look ok and converge reasonably well. But cities and bridges seem completely busted -- my left eye shows no buildings in a city when I zoom. It might be that they are there and somehow 'sunk' into the landscape.

Posted (edited)

Fast test: At Rheinland map cities, bridges, roads are floating different from other geometry. Also it looks like there is different general convergence settings than other maps, like Lapino. 

And on Lapino far horizon is detach from the rest of the map also. Turn head left right, and horizon will go up/down. I hope you can see it Lefuneste, if not, I will post track.

EDIT: AFTER MORE TESTING:

Lefuneste, I tried different maps, and this is what I found:

a) convergence same as last version VREM/game, just each map has detached horizon:

Lapino, Moscow, V. Luki, Novosokolniki, Arras, and RHEINLAND WINTER!

b) convergence different from last version, and cities, bridges, roads are floating different from other geometry.

Stallingrad, Kuban, RHEINLAND SUMMER!

I didn´t try every map every season, I assumed it is same. But on Rheinland it is not same.

Edited by Brzi_Joe
more maps included

Posted (edited)

Please can you post a track for the horizon ? I reproduced the problem for the road, forest, and so on on Rheinland.

EDIT : can you try to unzip the joined file in shaderfixes and see if the cities, bridges, roads are fixed ?

bf2ea519146f058e-vs.zip

Edited by c6_lefuneste

1 hour ago, c6_lefuneste said:

EDIT : can you try to unzip the joined file in shaderfixes and see if the cities, bridges, roads are fixed ?

yes, that is solved now!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, c6_lefuneste said:

does it fix the horizon problem ?

yes, you did it :) I will check other maps, but I think it is now perfect!

Unfortunately there is one thing that need fix: Double pictured coast (not on rivers, but sea coast).

Open Kuban spring, start at 1420, look on coast line to north-west, zoom and bend head left-right. Same issue what I described in pm for last version, this:

Edited by Brzi_Joe

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Brzi_Joe said:

Open Kuban spring, start at 1420, look on coast line to north-west, zoom and bend head left-right. Same issue what I described in pm for last version, this:

I'll try to reproduce it again, but I was not successfull last time. Maybe it was because I used global IPD or rotation for testing....

Anyway, I'm not sure I will have the time to do it before end of the week.

EDIT :

new 3.1 version available in first post, it fixed bug with road/forest and horizon.

Edited by c6_lefuneste
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Hey @c6_lefuneste I was finally able to test 3.1. All zooms appear to work fine in most instances. I am seeing some odd banding when I roll my head sometimes. It takes the horizon and lifts it. I attached a track. Kuban. Summer.

Keep up the great work!

(Oh, and in case you forgot, I am using a Pimax 5k+.)

Tracks.zip

Edited by SCG_redcloud111

5 hours ago, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Hey @c6_lefuneste I was finally able to test 3.1. All zooms appear to work fine in most instances. I am seeing some odd banding when I roll my head sometimes. It takes the horizon and lifts it. I attached a track. Kuban. Summer.

This problem is a strange one. If I'm wrong, it works with med to hig zoom, but no with low zoom ?

low zoom.jpg

medzoom.jpg

2 minutes ago, c6_lefuneste said:

This problem is a strange one. If I'm wrong, it works with med to hig zoom, but no with low zoom

The problem occurs at all three levels, but is most visible on med and high. With low, there was a vague color change at the horizon. Truth be told, the low zoom will never be an issue for me because I only use it to look at gauges.

Posted (edited)

Forget it, that's just me who did not set offset for other zoom level than min for my testings !

It looks like some new shaders are to be fixed. But anyway, I did not manage to preproduce problem with sea cost, as Brzi_Joe wrote...

Edited by c6_lefuneste
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

@c6_lefunesteThose shaders worked. Thanks! I only tested on Kuban, but I will keep an eye out while playing on the other maps. Great job!

Hey lefuneste,

Some WMR headsets (mostly Odyssey+) have an issue where the correct display projection is not applied. The screens in the headset weren't aligned well at the factory and can be ~2-3 degrees different from each other both vertically and horizontally. You end up going a bit crosseyed to get the images lined up in your eyes. Here's a steam forums thread about it and here's a DCS thread - which had a similar problem that the devs fixed by adding a debug tool where you can adjust the projections manually.

Is changing projections something you think would be possible to do with a mod, or does that require getting deeper into the engine?

If it's not possible to change the projections, would it be possible to shift one eye vertically relative to the other, similar to the way IPD shifts horizontally?

1 hour ago, ThePerson said:

If it's not possible to change the projections, would it be possible to shift one eye vertically relative to the other, similar to the way IPD shifts horizontally?

I did it in the first version of my mod for DCS, but removed it when they provide full support for canted display. I can add it in the VREM.

Just a question. Is the icon masking feature meant to work on the plane models from Flying Circus as well? With all the struts and cables between the wings, for example.

I had the impression the icons are masked not always correctly (too early) when seen near the motor, the machineguns or the forementioned stuff between the wings. Not a biggie though, I have only a small point as icon anyway.

I'm using the latest version of VREM in 2D and singleplayer. And I'm new to FC1 so I don't know how it was before.

3 hours ago, vonGraf said:

I had the impression the icons are masked not always correctly (too early) when seen near the motor, the machineguns or the forementioned stuff between the wings.

Icon masking is now done by the game, but I keep it because waypoint target (airfield, mission objective,..) are not masked.

The mod is using a mask at half picture resolution, so you may have 1 pixel margin for masking.

Can you try to set off/on mod icon masking to see if problem is coming from game or from the mod ?

21 hours ago, c6_lefuneste said:

Can you try to unzip the two shaders in the joined zip file into shaderFixes and check if it fixes the problem ?

ShaderFixes.zip 3.43 kB · 1 download

Lefuneste that is it, no more problem with coast lines! thank you!

10 hours ago, c6_lefuneste said:

Icon masking is now done by the game, but I keep it because waypoint target (airfield, mission objective,..) are not masked.

The mod is using a mask at half picture resolution, so you may have 1 pixel margin for masking.

Can you try to set off/on mod icon masking to see if problem is coming from game or from the mod ?

I did some flights with 2 different aircrafts in the unmodded game first and then I've enabled VREM, in both cases the masking was absolutely correct. Maybe the Steam integrity check fixed the issue and I forgot to run it after the last game update. 

But thanks for your helpful explanations and this great addon.

Posted (edited)

Version 3.2 available in first post : fix bugs in zoom convergence for "Parallel Projection" off with Pimax software suite.

Edited by c6_lefuneste

Hey, Lefuneste. Since I dropped the shaders in, do I still need to update from 3.1? I'd rather not mess with it since I have it working right, unless you made other changes. Let me know. Thanks

Posted (edited)

@c6_lefuneste
First of all thank your for your effort. I have a question. Can i somehow bind joystick buttons in a user_keymapping_zoom.ini? Cuz with my VPC alpha and its software there is no obvious ways to make such macros like "button joy1_b4 will do lcntr+num4".

Edited by LutzBY

On 8/2/2020 at 12:20 PM, LutzBY said:

@c6_lefuneste
First of all thank your for your effort. I have a question. Can i somehow bind joystick buttons in a user_keymapping_zoom.ini? Cuz with my VPC alpha and its software there is no obvious ways to make such macros like "button joy1_b4 will do lcntr+num4".

I use AutoHotKey for this, other people like JoyToKey or Joystick Gremlin. They are each different and can do different stuff, also different 'difficulty' to configure (I think AutoHotKey is semi-difficult, but it's 'easy' for me since I learnt it).

• Like 1

On 8/2/2020 at 8:20 PM, LutzBY said:

@c6_lefuneste

There is no way to use joystick buttons, so you'll have to use one of the tool above.

On 7/22/2020 at 6:02 PM, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Hey, Lefuneste. Since I dropped the shaders in, do I still need to update from 3.1? I'd rather not mess with it since I have it working right, unless you made other changes. Let me know. Thanks

Sorry, I did not see your post. You should copy also d3dx.ini (theorically you should not modify it).

version 4.0 available in first post: 4.009 compatibility + fog issue for far town fix.

Even if shaders used for mod feature are unchanged, there are some new shaders that may be needed for rotation and Pimax PP fix features.

The fog issue for far town is black dot or darker areas that can be seen as here. The mod will fix them.

You may notice them in the "Hell Hawks over the Bulge” or "Ice Ring" campaign, there is fog on a lot of missions.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for this mod!!! i wasnt aware of this mod and it looks like it would incredibly assist me with the Pimax 8K X.

My apologies if this was repeated elsewhere, but Will this allow me to use the Pimax 8K X with PP Off while allowing me to use the Low and High Zoom functions as I was with PP On?

thank you in advance !

Edited by GunneryAce

Also @blitze I saw that you posted somewhere about having the 8K X now, can you recommend any settings to be changed to maximize fps and do you recommend anything specific be done in the VRem Mod as well?

8 hours ago, GunneryAce said:

My apologies if this was repeated elsewhere, but Will this allow me to use the Pimax 8K X with PP Off while allowing me to use the Low and High Zoom functions as I was with PP On?

Gunny. You can use it with PP off to have all levels of zoom, but keep in mind this will only work in single player and any multiplayer servers that allow injectors. So, for example, on TAW (which bans injectors--a good thing) you will have to disable the mod. Hence, I am getting used to one-eyed zoom when in most multiplayer situations.

3 hours ago, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Gunny. You can use it with PP off to have all levels of zoom, but keep in mind this will only work in single player and any multiplayer servers that allow injectors. So, for example, on TAW (which bans injectors--a good thing) you will have to disable the mod. Hence, I am getting used to one-eyed zoom when in most multiplayer situations.

Ok got it! Someone else told me that i also have to set the values of convergence as well. By the time I find what the right values are, i'll just give up on it anyway lol

• Upvote 1

I still use these values (for pimax big fov), but I must admit that lately I barely play IL-2.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brzi_Joe said:

I still use these values (for pimax big fov), but I must admit that lately I barely play IL-2.

Thanks for this i'll check it out.