[MOD] VREM : VR enhancer

6 hours ago, peregrine7 said:

Please let me know if there are other reshade/sweetfx effects that you wish to see integrated. Contrast is an easy one but I made it with the intention to introduce other effects as well. Theoretically I should be able to recreate/adapt most of the effects from those other tools.

Thanks @peregrine7 - nothing comes to mind; with the Rift S the only things I like to adjust are saturation and contrast, both need a bump IMO for its LCD displays. Luckily most games I play have settings for those but I wish there was ICC profiles or something similar for HMDs so we could calibrate them somewhat centrally in the OS.

1 hour ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Does the mod have the sharpen just for the cockpit?

Reading is hard:

6. Sharpen for cockpit only
Sharpen can be applied only for cockpit, 

6. Afilar solo para cabina
Afilar solo se puede aplicar para cabina,

9 hours ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Does the mod have the sharpen just for the cockpit?

I managed to make sharpen work for the whole image on the last version, if you want a tuneable sharpen filter I could release that.
That said I think the sharpen code is by @LizLemon and/or Lefuneste so would need permissions.

17 hours ago, Firdimigdi said:

Thanks @peregrine7 - nothing comes to mind; with the Rift S the only things I like to adjust are saturation and contrast, both need a bump IMO for its LCD displays. Luckily most games I play have settings for those but I wish there was ICC profiles or something similar for HMDs so we could calibrate them somewhat centrally in the OS.

Amen mate, can do it on my monitor but on Rift CV1 I am fairly constantly aware that the colour profile just isn't very good. Just need a minute away from work to look at this and should have it released.

Although this Mod is labelled as the 'VR Enhancer Mod', I can confirm it provides valuable enhancements for those using 2D/monitors, and with no apparent (for me anyway!) reduction in fps from my current fixed 60.  The features I personally find really helpful/useful in 2D are:

• airfield/mission target label masked by the airframe - I find having these icons playing through the aircraft airframe really reduces immersion
  • strength of sight increased/decreased - useful when flying at night
  • modified colour in the game - simpler and quicker than adjusting Reshade settings
  • sun halo masked by airframe - a small but really effective enhancement

I find the 'sharpen for cockpit only' effect is excessive so don't use it - but others may like it!

Mike

Thank you very much c6_lefuneste for the mod. All features work for me except game color, the most important feature for me. I uninstalled the 3dmigoto mod with the Generic Mod Enabler and installed the new mod. I made no changes to the .ini files and checked everything. game color unfortunately no longer works. everything worked great before with the 3dmigoto mod. so what can i do?

12 hours ago, Mike2945 said:

I find the 'sharpen for cockpit only' effect is excessive so don't use it - but others may like it!

Indeed the default value seems a tad too much - however, unlike the game's built-in sharpen filter, this is adjustable and you can tone it down, plus luma setting for it is separate as well.

Edited by Firdimigdi

New 2.0 version that provide compatibility with 4.007 is available in first post. 

Please take into account these two points if you are a Pimax user or want ot use the mask feature

• There is a bug in 3Dmigoto, You must use  LCRTL+NUM4 instead of default CRTL+NUM0 for high zoom.
  • By default the zoom convergence is disabled to avoid  problems for non Pimax users. You must modify the line "$FixZoomConv = 0.0"  to "$FixZoomConv = 1.0" in user_var_initialization.ini in order to modify convergence for view and shadow.

Even if I just moved to a Reverb (I did not find time to test it more than 5 mins in IL2 GB !) I will maintain zoom convergence feature of the mod.

This version fix some bugs, especially the reflects.

13 hours ago, readyred1 said:

All features work for me except game color, the most important feature for me.

Strange, because it worked for others. Which graphics settings are you using ? How did you configure colors ? Did you use all the files provided by the mod ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Brzi_Joe said:

@c6_lefuneste, new zoom works with pimax pretty good, just some rare errors, like horizon on the sea, or occasionaly some lightning on coast, or similar. Please take a look on my track, that might be one wrong shader:

Thanks, I'll have a look.

@c6_lefuneste I can not thank you enough for your past and continued work on this mod!

Is there an easy way you can tell us which files we can remove from the mod that will allow us to access mp servers that restrict the use of modded shaders?

For example, at this point I only use the Kneepad like feature, which perhaps does not use any modded shaders.  If the Zoom View rotation feature also doesn't mod any shaders, I would use that feature, too, if I knew which shaders mods to remove from your mod.

But I also understand if this is too much bother or if it turns out both of the above features make use of modded shaders

• Upvote 1
On 6/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, c6_lefuneste said:

On 6/12/2020 at 12:26 AM, readyred1 said:

All features work for me except game color, the most important feature for me.

Strange, because it worked for others. Which graphics settings are you using ? How did you configure colors ? Did you use all the files provided by the mod ?

Ok, I've figured it out. After I unchecked "HDR" in the graphics settings, game color works again. Anyway, with the 3DMigoto Mod game color with "HDR" worked for me, not anymore. No matter, game color in the VREM mod is more important to me. Thanks c6_lefuneste for the effort.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Charlo-VR said:

@c6_lefuneste I can not thank you enough for your past and continued work on this mod!

Is there an easy way you can tell us which files we can remove from the mod that will allow us to access mp servers that restrict the use of modded shaders?

For example, at this point I only use the Kneepad like feature, which perhaps does not use any modded shaders.  If the Zoom View rotation feature also doesn't mod any shaders, I would use that feature, too, if I knew which shaders mods to remove from your mod.

But I also understand if this is too much bother or if it turns out both of the above features make use of modded shaders

I second that request.

56 minutes ago, ACG_crane said:

I second that request.

Hello, unfortunately, there is no way to have mod features without the 3dmigoto library. All features are based on shader modification.

As some may want to use 3dmigoto or reshade to create spotting cheat, it is fair to allow server admin to protect themself from this.

Edited by c6_lefuneste
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, readyred1 said:

Ok, I've figured it out. After I unchecked "HDR" in the graphics settings, game color works again. Anyway, with the 3DMigoto Mod game color with "HDR" worked for me, not anymore. No matter, game color in the VREM mod is more important to me. Thanks c6_lefuneste for the effort.

I'll have a look, that's strange because I checked setup menu working with HDR, and color change is done by the same shader.

23 hours ago, Brzi_Joe said:

@c6_lefuneste, new zoom works with pimax pretty good, just some rare errors, like horizon on the sea, or occasionaly some lightning on coast, or similar. Please take a look on my track, that might be one wrong shader:

Sorry, but I did not manage to see any problem in the rack...What should I do ?

16 hours ago, readyred1 said:

I tried with HDR option on, and all seems working. If I put 0 as mul factor either for cockpit or external settings, they are black.

Edited by c6_lefuneste

@c6_lefuneste Hey, another question. I am not sure if this is something that can be adjusted, but I thought I would ask. When I zoom low, the entire cockpit appears to actually shrink. The zoom works, but the dials actually appear smaller. I would like to low zoom but keep everything this same size. I am assuming this has to do with how the game is rendering objects. Is it possible to avoid this shrinking, maybe through an ipd adjustment just for low zoom? Thanks

27 minutes ago, c6_lefuneste said:

Hello, I did not setup different IPD level for zoom. It's possible but it will makes me change the menu. I will think on it.

Thanks, notice that the standard in-game zoom provided by the developers allows for low zoom without shrinking the cockpit. I tested this with parallel projections on.

Anyone have color settings for a Rift S (or other LCD panel displays) that increases contrast and adds some digital vibrancy?  The stock one is barely noticeable, and the brighter setting just seems to wash out the dark colors.  Has anyone played with these and found one they liked?  Normally I hate changing things from known calibrated values (I'm very particular with my monitors, I have a spectrophotometer color calibrator) but I miss the awesome contrast of the CV1.

On 6/12/2020 at 1:55 PM, c6_lefuneste said:

New 2.0 version that provide compatibility with 4.007 is available in first post. 

Please take into account these two points if you are a Pimax user or want ot use the mask feature

• There is a bug in 3Dmigoto, You must use  LCRTL+NUM4 instead of default CRTL+NUM0 for high zoom.
  • By default the zoom convergence is disabled to avoid  problems for non Pimax users. You must modify the line "$FixZoomConv = 0.0"  to "$FixZoomConv = 1.0" in user_var_initialization.ini in order to modify convergence for view and shadow.

Even if I just moved to a Reverb (I did not find time to test it more than 5 mins in IL2 GB !) I will maintain zoom convergence feature of the mod.

I have some problems with zoom covergence in my Pimax 5k+ rev 204. I did correct convergence only for medium zoom and cant get min and max zoom get to work. When max zoom convergence is set correct by pressing del/ins buttons then enhancer mod is no zooming , the same issue with minmum zoom. But when convergence is not correct mod is zooming ! Not sure if this is related with running this game in 144hz with smart smoothing or this is a software bug. And yes I modified ini lines and num key like above in red. Any ideas ?

Edited by TWHYata_PL
23 minutes ago, TWHYata_PL said:

I have some problems with zoom covergence in my Pimax 5k+ rev 204. I did correct convergence only for medium zoom and cant get min and max zoom get to work. When max zoom convergence is set correct by pressing del/ins buttons then enhancer mod is no zooming , the same issue with minmum zoom. But when convergence is not correct mod is zooming ! Not sure if this related with running this game in 144hz with smart smoothing or this software bug. And yes I modified ini lines and num key like above in red. Any ideas ?

In all cases, you should have the game zooming when pressing the in game key. I discovered that using default mapping is randomly, you should try to remap n the game all zoom key to Left CRTL+NUM key instead Right CTRL + NUM key

µJust to remind, the 2.0 version of the mod is to be used for the 4.007, and it do no more unzoom anything. It only change convergence. DEL/INS , HOME/END are to be used to setup convergence for each "in game" zoom level, for view and shadow respectively

On 6/17/2020 at 9:08 AM, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Thanks, notice that the standard in-game zoom provided by the developers allows for low zoom without shrinking the cockpit. I tested this with parallel projections on.

did you use the 2.0 version ? It fits the 4.007 and allow to fix convergence for 3 "in game" zoom level. You may have to remap zoom key wiht LCRTL instead of RCTRL.

• Upvote 1
On 6/18/2020 at 6:07 AM, DarKcyde said:

Anyone have color settings for a Rift S (or other LCD panel displays) that increases contrast and adds some digital vibrancy?  The stock one is barely noticeable, and the brighter setting just seems to wash out the dark colors.  Has anyone played with these and found one they liked?  Normally I hate changing things from known calibrated values (I'm very particular with my monitors, I have a spectrophotometer color calibrator) but I miss the awesome contrast of the CV1.

You could give these a spin, the first preset of this basically darkens and bumps contrast for the gameworld without touching the cockpit colors.

data = R32_FLOAT +0.00 +1.00 +0.00 +0.00 +0.9 +0.5 +0.00 +1.00 +0.0 +0.10 +0.85 +0.50 +0.00 +0.00 +0.00 +0.00 +0.00 +0.00

I think the multiplier works best for adjusting the contrast together with the in-game gamma. Would be nice if it followed some sort of curves instead but even this is a great improvement. Ofc some tinkering is required and sadly you can't adjust on the fly so there's a lot of in and out of the game to get this unless there's some "reload .ini" functionality I'm missing (very likely).

14 hours ago, c6_lefuneste said:

you should try to remap n the game all zoom key to Left CRTL+NUM key instead Right CTRL + NUM key

thanks for help ! munch appreciate

BTW: Currently  with your Enhancer Mod in EU zone we are practcally limited to Berloga and Combat Box servers becouse my favourits Wings of Libery , DED EU , Finnish VirtualPilots , TAWs and some other less popular servers  banning gfx mods .

Do we have an easy way to switch off mod without necessity of unistalling it ? ! Any workaround just to play on restricted servers?

Edited by TWHYata_PL
11 hours ago, c6_lefuneste said:

did you use the 2.0 version ? It fits the 4.007 and allow to fix convergence for 3 "in game" zoom level. You may have to remap zoom key wiht LCRTL instead of RCTRL.

Yes, the zoom works. What I am describing is that when you zoom in the image actually shrinks. Not a big deal. I assume it is intended. I was wondering if this could be countered, at least for low zoom when looking at dials.

17 hours ago, TWHYata_PL said:

thanks for help ! munch appreciate

BTW: Currently  with your Enhancer Mod in EU zone we are practcally limited to Berloga and Combat Box servers becouse my favourits Wings of Libery , DED EU , Finnish VirtualPilots , TAWs and some other less popular servers  banning gfx mods .

Do we have an easy way to switch off mod without necessity of unistalling it ? ! Any workaround just to play on restricted servers?

If you use jsgme or ovgme it's just one mouse clik.

And no, I do not know a way to override admin choices for server. They decided to avoid 3dmigoto and reshade on their server, that's their choice. There is no good reason to counter their will.

8 hours ago, SCG_redcloud111 said:

Yes, the zoom works. What I am describing is that when you zoom in the image actually shrinks. Not a big deal. I assume it is intended. I was wondering if this could be countered, at least for low zoom when looking at dials.

Yes, maybe a convergence issue.

Edited by c6_lefuneste
  • Upvote 1

Trying to get the zoom convergences working on my Pimax 8K so I don't need pp.  Ran into a couple of things. 

The Alt-F9 menu screen is mostly off the screen to the right.  I tried editing the location in "setting_helper.hlsl" for the lines #define DEST_BOX_UL_X and #define DEST_BOX_UL_Y but the menu didn't move.  

Also, after bringing up Alt-F9, the various keys for convergence don't seem to do anything.  Had this same issues on the later versions of the old 3Dmigoto mod.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, VBF-12_Stick-95 said:

Trying to get the zoom convergences working on my Pimax 8K so I don't need pp.  Ran into a couple of things. 

The Alt-F9 menu screen is mostly off the screen to the right.  I tried editing the location in "setting_helper.hlsl" for the lines #define DEST_BOX_UL_X and #define DEST_BOX_UL_Y but the menu didn't move.  

Also, after bringing up Alt-F9, the various keys for convergence don't seem to do anything.  Had this same issues on the later versions of the old 3Dmigoto mod.

It worked fine for me, Pimax Artisan. Here's my settings file, in case it's useful for you as a starting point. Unzip to your bin\Game folder.

alonzo-pimax-artisan-d3dx_user.zip

First of all, thank you very much lefuneste.

Secondly, could somebody help me on how to enable the cockpit sharpen, please? Which do I need to change and/or enable? I really liked this feature in the old mod, but I couldn't make it work this time. Thanks in advance.

6 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

Secondly, could somebody help me on how to enable the cockpit sharpen, please? Which do I need to change and/or enable? I really liked this feature in the old mod, but I couldn't make it work this time. Thanks in advance.

It should work with LCTRL+K

Edited by c6_lefuneste
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, c6_lefuneste said:

It should work with LCTRL+K

Thanks, lefuneste.

I’ve been hitting those keys but didn’t see the effect. Should it work right away or do I need To change something in the game setting? 

Edited by BP_Lizard