Trooper117

So... 4.007. What's it all about?

Some people are 'mildly' excited about the upcoming 4.007 update, after Han dropped that carefully worded snippit:  ''You may have noticed and wondered why the mission number isn't 4.007? The answer is that we plan to release an intermediate update before that, it will add some important functionality and new features. They will be based on your feedback mostly and will bring some features long-awaited by the community.'' 

Those comments certainly get the old juices flowing as to what might be in the works, especially as the update is based on user feedback and are 'long awaited'.

I'll certainly be looking forward towards the end of the week to see exactly what might turn up!

Please put your own thoughts down as to what we might be getting  :salute:

Better VR zoom as suprise and without questions new fuel tanks and fuel system, they hinted at it so mutch that its obvious to anyone.

• Upvote 4

We know they are going to add in a 2 level Zoom for VR users. Considering it is an interim patch I think it is more likely to be introducing small quality of life features rather than big stuff like air Marshall. I think that is likely to get a whole dev diary as to how it works before we will see the update.

• Upvote 2

Let's wait and see.  Smart software developers don't promise things that are not complete, as this is just a good way to hang yourself.  If they mentioned VR zoom then it is probably an accepted revision top the software and not a WIP.  The rest of what they would like to include might be WIP and therefore they are not going public yet.

Or they just want it to be a surprise :) 

• Like 1

If it’s ‘long awaited’ then I distinctly remember Jason offering us hookers, poker and cigars over on the RoF forum. Perhaps the time is now right?😎

• Haha 11
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CountZero said:

Better VR zoom as suprise and without questions new fuel tanks and fuel system, they hinted at it so mutch that its obvious to anyone.

They have not hinted much about fuel tanks, not sure where you are getting that from. 

Other than "we will be working on that in the future", I have not seen any hints of that feature coming soon. Any quotes you can provide?

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Let's wait and see.  Smart software developers don't promise things that are not complete, as this is just a good way to hang yourself.  If they mentioned VR zoom then it is probably an accepted revision top the software and not a WIP.  The rest of what they would like to include might be WIP and therefore they are not going public yet.

Or they just want it to be a surprise :) 

I believe they stated that version is already in beta testing, so whatever they have added in will likely be in the update if it passes the beta testing stage.

New Guinea map with flyable Ki-61 and P40N.

:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I would suspect some small but nice quality of life changes. Nothing big like droptanks or extra features. 

Grt M

45 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

They have not hinted much about fuel tanks, not sure where you are getting that from. 

Other than "we will be working on that in the future", I have not seen any hints of that feature coming soon. Any quotes you can provide?

They didnt talk about them for so long , its clear hint to anyone who pays atention that thing they plan to add is fuel tanks and fuel system , just wait and see im 169% right

I guess queueing in MP when joining a server, or some other UI improvement, like filtering servers by settings, map...

Or maybe something related to AI behavior, such as bombers staying in formation and gunners doing their job also in that situation.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, szelljr said:

Mig 15.

Too early for that. We are still in Mig 3, too many numbers away .... ;)

Torpedoes would be nice now that it seems so plausible.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Like 1

Could be anything. How about a hay-fever simulation? Fly on a Spring map with the canopy open, and if you get within 2 Km of grass you sneeze, putting you off your aim.

Much better than real life. Hay-fever sneezes at the moment seem to result in everyone running away screaming...

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

Could be anything. How about a hay-fever simulation? Fly on a Spring map with the canopy open, and if you get within 2 Km of grass you sneeze, putting you off your aim.

Much better than real life. Hay-fever sneezes at the moment seem to result in everyone running away screaming...

I already have this feature in real life. No need to add it to the sim as well 😄

• Haha 1

Hay fever is the bane of my life... if you want to make me suffer it in the game as well, you can stick it up your jacksie!

I'd be happy if they included a "no tracer rounds" option, but I'm sure I'll be pleased with whatever we get anyway.

Maybe droppable fuel tanks, but I’d be more happy with a less accurate Pe-2 ventral Gunner.

• Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

3 minutes ago, 41Sqn_Skipper said:

Bodenplatte career intro

That wouldn't really come under ''a long awaited feature by the community''

Edited by Trooper117

You guys remember the survey Jason asked us to respond to  a few months ago and asked folks what the more important things they would

like to see in the game?

Perhaps this update will have some of that.

6 minutes ago, dburne said:

You guys remember the survey Jason asked us to respond to  a few months ago and asked folks what the more important things they would

like to see in the game?

Perhaps this update will have some of that.

I dont remember the poll, what was in it?

• Upvote 1

I give up. The list is much too long 🙂 

Well I think c6_lefuneste kind of teased accidently that there will be some new features for server operators.

(Sadly he edited the post so it's no longer there: https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/62401-the-best-end-for-3dmigoto-mod-zoom/?tab=comments#comment-954621 )

Besides this, technically everything is more or less a long awaited feature ^^ Like torpedoes, droptanks, queue for servers, air marshall etc.

I hope they will add some AMD fixes^^

Free beer! 🍺

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Y'all wanted the pacific so we're getting Little Nellie

My uncle works for nintendo 777 and he confirmed it

Posted (edited)

Because some talk about fuel tanks and fuel system, I also would like to see that the fuel system of the aircrafts needs to be managed by ourselfs in Expert mode. I want to be able to switch between fuel tanks using the fuel selector handle.

I look forward to dropable tanks aswell.

I would like to see the engine shut down procedure of the P-51 corrected, the magnetos are kept in "Both" all the time untill you press E again for the next engine start. The fuel booster pump is switched on all the time aswell and stays switched on ( also not correct ). Also after shutting down the engine for parking it would be normal to pull the hydraulic pressure release handle to depressurize the hydraulic system, that will open the gear doors on ground for parking.

Edited by spitfirejoe

Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure we are getting something fron the Battle of Normandy announcement page

"In addition to the content we plan to create, we will also continue to improve our Digital Warfare Engine and add some ‘in the works’ features that were not ready for BOBP release. This includes such items as, Air Marshal, improved MP Lobby, GUI-based Object Viewer, new rendering techniques and drop-tanks. Of course, this is on top of all the numerous small improvements, tweaks, fixes and enhancements we will continue to work on. We never stop working to improve our products and simulation engine. "

The "new rendering techniques" probably refers to what we got with the last patch.

If i had to guess, i'd say that we would get those features in this order:

1. New rendering tech (Checked)

2. Object viewer

3. MP lobby

4. Air Marshal

5. Drop-Tanks

Edited by SAG
  • Upvote 1

It would seem the prefect time to release the replacement of the engine timers, whatever that ends up being. Few things have been talked about more since the beginning of the series. I'm also hoping for the ability to choose different skins for my flight and opponents in the QMB so we don't all show up at the dance wearing the same dress. Continued improvement of the AI.

2 hours ago, 361st_Porkie- said:

updated mission editor.

Wouldn't that be something. :good:

You guys are reading too much into what Daniel said.

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

You guys are reading too much into what Daniel said.

Jason

Apparently we’re not getting free beer.  But I’m pretty sure that everything else is still possible!

• Haha 5