No, you can fly whatever you want with this. If you can fly your Bf-109 with a Saitek x-52 space grip, or your Thrustmaster Warthog...

you can definitely fly your Bf-109 with a P-47 look-alike hotas. Just because I make it more realistic looking doesn't mean it's meant to do 1 job. Quite the opposite, it is waaay more realistic to fly a Bf-109 with this setup than a space looking Saitek toy, or an F-18 Warthog.

Beside that, I will have several US style hotas, several German style and several Russian style, next year.

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 4
6 hours ago, hegykc said:

Added P-47 trim wheel box and landing gear:

Are the trim wheels encoders, or are they analog axes? Just thinking about how some planes have one type of trim control or on a few cases, both. 

So_ein_Feuerball
22 hours ago, hegykc said:

You will see in the more detailed videos how these can be mounted to any shaft or diy simpit.

This is awesome, thx!

I don´t think you´ll be able to have anything resembling stock the first few months after release! 

So_ein_Feuerball

@hegykcCould you perhaps also do a video on the Spitfire grip?

I´m curious how the gun button works, whether it´s one side only or whether we can press both at the same time,

as well how the brake lever looks like in action. 

• 1 month later...
Hetzer-JG51
1 hour ago, Ziptop said:

Is this still vapourware or is there something to buy and a channel to buy it through yet? 

Given the number of pics and videos I don't think it can be called vapour-ware. I currently have a Warthog setup and was looking to Virpil to upgrade; that's now on the back-burner. Lol.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:20 PM, hegykc said:

Until this unexpected craze settles down, I will be hand-building custom WWII hotas sets to 30, 50, or 100 first customers who are willing to supply feedback and add-on suggestions in exchange for free replacements and updates. If you are in that kind of a hurry, you can always PM me about a pre-order.

Tried to PM you dude but your PM is turned off?

Edited by JG51-Hetzer
hegykc
2 hours ago, JG51-Hetzer said:

Tried to PM you dude but your PM is turned off?

Sorry. my inbox was full, it's cleared now.

Units that I'm building now, go to the people that expressed interest to be the very first customers, and provide feedback on what to add/remove from final versions for the general public. I will start posting complete video presentations once they start sending their feedback.

Last month was busy finishing up the MFG Crosswind Combat Pedals and Damper mod:

Front-45.jpgBack-45.jpgBack.jpgFront-high.jpg

Damper.jpgHydraulic-brake-2.jpgHydraulic-brake-1.jpgmy-pedals.jpg

Which you can now get at:

https://www.combatpedals.com/

So now it's back to building  hotas and Sim Rigs for the first customers willing to provide feedback.

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 4

I'm interested in this Crosswinds Mod kit. Love the pedals as they are but this looks way cool! Anyway, the links in the images on your site all point to Aliexpress and are no good to me as I'm in the US and they don't ship these items there. Can you add links to Amazon for the dampers so I know I'd be getting the right parts? I've looked it up but want to be sure before I buy. The large single one isn't a problem, pretty sure I've got that right but for the smaller pair I'm pretty sure I need the 110mm version.

Here are the links I came up with.

The single larger one:

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Adjustable-Universal-Stabilizer-2006-2018/dp/B075FS6CHV/ref=pd_day0_1?pd_rd_w=FiahM&pf_rd_p=ecf748b5-e796-4a0d-9a46-406a973ba8da&pf_rd_r=VV4GXEJFVKFF7NGHZHJR&pd_rd_r=aea3e15a-f6dd-4364-a49e-61bd2870349b&pd_rd_wg=wz4Eu&pd_rd_i=B075FPY3DY&th=1

The smaller pair:

https://www.amazon.com/Absorber-Damper-Spring-Compatible-3-9in-Titanium/dp/B0816JBVK8/ref=sr_1_56_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=100mm%2Brc%2Bshocks&qid=1611093721&sr=8-56-spons&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEzMDVTU0RNVktSUzBVJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU2Njc0MkROSVJXSDBPVjkwRCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMzc0ODUwMzhXWFhFMFEzUlNWJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYnRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ&th=1

Regarding the actual brake pedal part of the mod. I'm using the MFG widespread adapters on mine. Will your kit fit with that in place?

Thanks and hope to be sending you some business soon.

Edited by Drano
hegykc
2 hours ago, Drano said:

I'm interested in this Crosswinds Mod kit.

Oh really, Aliexpress doesn't send these to US? Wasn't aware of that. Should add Amazon links asap.

Yes the big motorcycle damper is correct, and the small brake shocks are correct too. I have 110mm on mine, but there are 3 adjustment points for those so even 100mm should work (not confirmed yet). And you need to fill the little brake shocks with either engine oil, or RC shock oil. Something I'm still experimenting on, and other customers will report their findings too.

But the shocks are a small improvement. Big stuff is pedals and main damper. I'd say combat pedals 100% better for precision and comfort. Then big axis damper another 100% improvement for precision. And then the little brake shocks maybe 20% improvement.

Here's the links I have:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07NN8RSL1/

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0816HPT5N/

Regarding MFG width adjusters. These pedals are already wider then stock ones. Do they fit on top of actual MFG adjusters, yes and no. Without my reinfocement plate, yes. How about this, if you find you need even more width, I'll quickly adjust my reinforcement plates for MFGs width adjusters and send them to you for free. And implement the changes as an additional add-on in my package?

Edited by hegykc
Sokol1
3 hours ago, hegykc said:

Oh really, Aliexpress doesn't send these to US? Wasn't aware of that. Should add Amazon links asap.

The Aliexpress seller linked in Combatpedals send for USA, but only though FEDEX = $134,01 of shipping.

Other sellers send via free Aliexpress Standard Shipping, or payed express options, e.g. 

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33031714070.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.18287606aqKTyT&algo_pvid=b0bed943-e7b6-49cd-a17f-24abcfd555ff&algo_expid=b0bed943-e7b6-49cd-a17f-24abcfd555ff-1&btsid=0bb0623c16111146672996547e5a09&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Anyway the price difference don't justify don't buy in Amazon.

Edited by Sokol1
3 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

Yeah I'd seen one of the dampers had said the other day it didn't ship to the US and yes I did see the $134 shipping on the other! So that wasn't happening either! As long as I get the right stuff from somewhere it's all good.

hegykc
45 minutes ago, Drano said:

Yeah I'd seen one of the dampers had said the other day it didn't ship to the US and yes I did see the $134 shipping on the other! So that wasn't happening either! As long as I get the right stuff from somewhere it's all good.

Are the Amazon links good?

You can always just search anywhere for "Motorcycle damper" and "RC shocks 110mm", and see that they are the same type as in my photos. Should be 25$ - 35$ for damper, and 15$ - 25$ for shocks.

Yeah they're fine, I was just wondering if the ones in my links are the right parts? Looks like they are to me. I know nothing of motorcycle or RC parts. 

hegykc
21 minutes ago, Drano said:

Yeah they're fine, I was just wondering if the ones in my links are the right parts? Looks like they are to me. I know nothing of motorcycle or RC parts. 

Yes, they are the right parts.

Skelturoth

I hope that you'll make it, and manage to produce these in larger numbers, cause I'm pretty damn sure everyone will want (at least) one :)

Pozdrav!

• 2 months later...
VA_SOLIDKREATE

TAKE MY MONEY! 

Hows the development of the P-38 gear comming? Do you guys need a Manufacturing Engineer Planner? I used to work for Boeing using CATIA V5, DELMIA and ENOVIA as well as CAPP II and PDM. I can also use SolidWorks.

• 2 weeks later...
AirWolves=Jakey-Poo
On 4/8/2021 at 3:24 AM, VA_SOLIDKREATE said:

TAKE MY MONEY! 

Hows the development of the P-38 gear comming? ...

Exactly what I came here to ask!  Clearly only individuals of culture go over the trestle to get to work.  That and the P-47 with trim wheels are gonna be a must for me.

• Like 1
hegykc
Posted (edited)

P-38 is dual engine so it will go after P-47, P-51 and Bf109 or Fw-190.

In order to keep this thread as readable as possible, you can track updates on the website and youtube channel. All questions will be answered in future videos and when the throttles come out of private testing:

https://www.replikagear.com/

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
VA_SOLIDKREATE
On 4/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, AirWolves=Jakey-Poo said:

Exactly what I came here to ask!  Clearly only individuals of culture go over the trestle to get to work.  That and the P-47 with trim wheels are gonna be a must for me.

Yep, the evil Trestle.

QB.Rails

The 47 setup looks awesome! Plus if that price point stays the same 👌

• Like 1