Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, messsucher said:

Anyone know what is that lever for seen in the middle picture?

Wheel brakes

js.jpg

Edited by bzc3lk

33 minutes ago, bzc3lk said:

Wheel brakes

js.jpg

Ah, ok, thank you very much. Used all quick likes so here goes verbal.

Posted (edited)
On 10/6/2020 at 7:18 PM, hegykc said:

Here's a grip to cover most British planes:

PGHS2040.jpg

The use of this red button on  Spade's camera button and in the KG-12/13 grip  - very different from the originals, is understandable, the button has the specifications that meet the desire for the "1 KG" of force necessary to press, and the loud sound of the click, desired by some.

But why does the Spade's brake lever have this style so different from the original?

7816bc19c3775ec5d398006d6b2b8887.jpg

Edited by Sokol1

Posted (edited)

S! 

@Sokol1My guess is the material. Original has the lever made of aluminum, or similar. In order to make the lever last in use, as it is propably some kind of resin/plastic, it has to be a bit different. It still resembles the original shape quite well. Just my guess. 

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
  • Upvote 1

I have a few different ergonomic lever shapes in testing:

PGHS2050.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Original grips were magnesium so very hard to find originals in good condition these days.The brake handle changed shape when they went to the cannon button for clearance issues.The wrap was a precut sheet usually seen on old cameras but with a larger texture.Grips were made by Dunlop.Camera button looks like a similar size to the fuel gauge button on the Spit instrument panel.Off memory the bezel for the button is 20mm for an indication.

On 10/4/2020 at 2:53 AM, hegykc said:

Almost finished. This should cover all grip variants for German planes, KG-12 and KG-13 grip variants:

4.jpg

3.jpg

It seem very good quality. Where we can purchase a dozen of these?? do you have virtual store webpage, or any other reference site?
Have a prices list?  Are that grip compatible with Thrustmaster warthog joystick base??

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, III/JG52_Otto_-I- said:

Are that grip compatible with Thrustmaster warthog joystick base??

Nope, use proprietary connector, see in this picture.

Connector is NOT proprietary, it is standard arduino 2.54mm pin headers. That's the whole point, make it usable for anyone. Not compatible with other bases because I make my own base that will be cheaper than an adapter. Sales will be announced here, other forums, youtube and facebook.

Edited by hegykc
  • Thanks 1

S! 

@hegykc Do you have any additional information to share on the base? Like mounting possibilities, stick length etc? I am making a total rebuild of my sim pit and seems you are offering pretty much all I need, at an affordable price.

My simpits are made out of standard V-slot aluminum extrusions:

Replika-flight-rig.jpg

and so are my desktop mounts for throttles, bases and switch boxes. So you can attach what ever you want, where ever you want, either in the simpit or on your dekstop. This stick base is only a spring test bed, but I will have 2 versions, desktop mounted and floor mounted with multiple length extensions:

PGHS2018.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Is there any time estimate when we can order stuff in a Webshop? I would like to see a website soon to check out the whole portfolio, what we can buy.

I'll do a limited first batch this year, of 100 or so units, to test my machines and assembly process. These will be for sale privately over pm's and email.

Here's a Russian style spade grip that will cover all Russian planes. Everything works: trigger levers with heavy detents, safety lock lever, flip-up button covers etc. Video later today:

1.jpg

2.jpg

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, hegykc said:

I'll do a limited first batch this year, of 100 or so units, to test my machines and assembly process. These will be for sale privately over pm's and email.

Here's a Russian style spade grip that will cover all Russian planes. Everything works: trigger levers with heavy detents, safety lock lever, flip-up button covers etc. Video later today:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Amazing!!

In your previuos post you added pic related ( I think a P38) sim pit...

Could you post one pic with your idea for a Luftwaffe simpit stile?

I would like to see a console for the trottole as you showed in the pic above.

Any plane to do luftwaffe pedals for rudder control?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, hegykc said:

Connector is NOT proprietary, it is standard arduino 2.54mm pin headers. That's the whole point, make it usable for anyone. 

OK, my bad, sory.  "Proprietary" it's not the best term, let's say "different". :)

The "X of question", which did not go unnoticed by VirPil when joining the party, is:

Wtg-database.jpg

Even VKB with their "Apple" approach, don't miss this (market) detail.

Another example that make accessories for Warthog is a good deal.

BTW - I am not Warthog/Cougar owner, and  "Arduino compatible" replica lookalike grips options is nice to have, especially now that CAM gimbal 3D printed bases are accessible, easy to make. :good:

Edited by Sokol1

8 hours ago, hegykc said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

Now that is really nice! :good: I just wish WWII-style flight stick designs weren't so limited in the number of buttons they could offer. 

18 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Now that is really nice! :good: I just wish WWII-style flight stick designs weren't so limited in the number of buttons they could offer. 

I vote for a Ju88 yoke and column next!

Shut Up And Take My Money Futurama GIF - ShutUpAndTakeMyMoney Futurama Fry GIFs

:salute:

skud

27912738_1318433114969393_8573390115301641414_o.jpg

Edited by ATAG_SKUD
  • Upvote 1

Just some questions. How is the button/trigger layout on the BF-109 F stick in reality? I've only seen one thats from a K model stick, maybe it's the same, I don't know.

On my joystick I have the machineguns on the trigger for the index (does this trigger exist on a real stick at all, I can't see it in-game?), the cannons on the button on top and bombs on a button more on the side.

And was there ever a 'fire all guns' button back then?

Edited by vonGraf

2 hours ago, vonGraf said:

Just some questions. How is the button/trigger layout on the BF-109 F stick in reality? I've only seen one thats from a K model stick, maybe it's the same, I don't know.

On my joystick I have the machineguns on the trigger for the index (does this trigger exist on a real stick at all, I can't see it in-gamel?), the cannons on the button on top and bombs on a button more on the side.

Originally the KG-12/13 has only 3 buttons, a pink for radio PTT and the foldable trigger (that work as safety cover for Cannons button when up) for fire MG and top button fire Cannons.

Side button was added - during Battle of Britain, for drop bombs, and became default in the grip. Other buttons, like this extra at side bellow was added latter.

"Fire all guns" in one button all time is more a (video) "gamey" thing, is not effective in many cases, just wast of ammo.

A real Bf 109 pilot just press trigger and top button together for fire all weapons when sense that opportunity is good for this, but keep the flexibility to use one or another.

However some  Fw 190's with extra weapons for attack American bombers has a group of weapons (MG+Cannons) in one button,  as for this particular attack the "window" for fire is very briefly. Latter P-38 models too.

A P-51 grip has two stage trigger, but first stage is used for start the camera, not for weapons.

BTW - A interesting grip, with that peculiar British "ergonomics":

559779891_Mossiegrip.thumb.jpg.c228aa86cb026ac6612d24f82ffd8498.jpg

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

(that work as safety cover for Cannons button when up)

Ah, another riddel solved! I didn't know that, this double function, great. 

I was always wondering why this safety cover is flipping up when shooting the machineguns in BoX. :biggrin:

Edited by vonGraf

1 minute ago, vonGraf said:

I was always wondering why this safety cover is flipping up when shooting the machineguns. :biggrin:

The animation for this is bad modeled in GB (and DCS Fw 190 D-9), with the trigger animation jump down and up, like a snake tongue. 😜

In CloD when the weapons is fired for fist time the in game trigger flip down and remain, a good compromise.

In DCS BF 109 K (MiG-15) is perfect, you need flip down the trigger with extra command, what allow mimic the real operation with VKB MCG foldable trigger, because the up/down movement of this trigger generate command.

Just now, Sokol1 said:

The animation for this is bad modeled in GB (and DCS Fw 190 D-9), with the trigger animation jump down and up, like a snake tongue. 😜

In CloD when the weapons is fired for fist time the in game trigger flip down and remain, a good compromise.

In DCS BF 109 K (MiG-15) is perfect, you need flip down the trigger with extra command, what allow mimic the real operation with VKB MCG foldable trigger, because the up/down movement of this trigger generate command.

Yeah, I have mapped this 'flip' command on the K4 too in DCS.

A quick trigger demo on the Russian style spade grips for IL-2, Lagg-3, Mig-3, Yak-7 and La-5.

I hate every joystick trigger I've ever tried. They're all flimsy, soft childish clicky toy things. No aircraft control input is like that. Or any half a dozen ton machine control.

All this money thrown into making these amazing simulations as immersive as possible: widescreen, curved screen, VR, head tracking... and then the very first and only thing you actually touch to connect to that world, your control stick inputs: feel like a cheap Chinese plastic toy gun. I despise it.

Which is why I design mine with audio-visual-tactile feedback, just like the real things. Tools. Not toys.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, vonGraf said:

And was there ever a 'fire all guns' button back then?

Yes, there was: early Fw 190 sticks had a selector lever that allowed the pilot to choose what weapon group he wanted to fire (Group 1, Group 2, or All). The Hs 129 also had this sort of stick and is modeled here in IL2.

5 hours ago, ATAG_SKUD said:

I vote for a Ju88 yoke and column next!

Yeah, I've often thought how nice it would be to have a Ju 88 yoke. If not that one, then a late-model P-38 yoke - lots of buttons and triggers on that one!

Edited by LukeFF
  • Thanks 1

S! 

@LukeFF Actually one guy here is working on a Ju-88 stick. Seen it and looks very nice. He is still working on the roll centering as the space is pretty small to accomodate big dampers etc. without sacrificing correct looks. It looks exactly like the live one, we have one at work on the wall :)

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
Typos
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

IL-2, Lagg-3 and Yak-7 grips

PGHS2064.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 6

S! 

Amazing looking sticks. @hegykc Are you planning circuit breaker panels, like on 109/190/110/88 etc? On and Off buttons. At least DCS can use them easily as systems are modelled. 

@ Replika Gear: I know the name is more or less program here. But do you also consider creating Space sim grips and throttles?

As a 3D modeling/printing hobbyist, do you model these from original blueprints or make them up based on pictures? If you have the original plans, where do you source them? They look awesome! 

On 10/21/2020 at 10:21 AM, Winger said:

@ Replika Gear: I know the name is more or less program here. But do you also consider creating Space sim grips and throttles?

VKB and VirPil cover well "Space" grips.

55 minutes ago, TheAmazinGreat said:

As a 3D modeling/printing hobbyist, do you model these from original blueprints or make them up based on pictures? If you have the original plans, where do you source them? They look awesome! 

Don't know how Replika does, but generally 3D modelers use original blue prints* - that you need buy (eBay, specialized sites) or in some cases Laser scanned real parts.

* One of the few know drawing you will find in Internet is this French drawing for Kg-12/13 Luftwaffe grip.

knuppelgriff-kg13a-drawings_sokol-jpg.19

And drawings in FI 47945 KG12 stick manual - need login in ww2aicraft.net. 

3D files based on this drawings are available in GrabCAD.

Or for the Russian made copy, the P-1M grip.

1688759113_P1-MLa5_grip.thumb.jpg.5a2793005c4c226014af348864abe059.jpg

Find too partial drawings for P-51, P-47, Spitfire Mk.I and Mk.V throttles.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, TheAmazinGreat said:

@Sokol1 thank you! o7

Sokol1 called Lokos1 in other sites. Is the one I listen too when it comes to these things. He helped a generation with simmers running into hardware fubars. 
I think it is too few knowing how much of a recourse he is. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Sokol1 called Lokos1 in other sites. Is the one I listen too when it comes to these things. He helped a generation with simmers running into hardware fubars. 
I think it is too few knowing how much of a recourse he is. 

100x100 agree!

• Upvote 1

Wait a second... All of this is too good to be true.  I have been longing for both a P51/P47/F6f/ and most of all... Spitefire MkIX controls for my VR WW2 Flight Sims..  THere is no way this true....wait yes it is because between GVL244 and Virpil I just spent Like 2000$  You stuff works awesome.  Hopefully it is better quality than SPITFIREhistories 3d printed controls.  I dropped about 800$ on those.  It was a great effort, but not very well constructed, and the 3d printed material wasnt durable.  At least for me,  It felt cheap and broke like it was cheap.  Hopefully these are better! Are you going to release a price chart?  What do the spade grips connect to?  are you releasing your own stick?

I honestly would love to buy 2 of the P-51 throttle quadrants.  I know you aren't selling yet, but When you are send me a message because I cannot wait to try out your product.