Holy

Crap

Phenomenal stuff! 

Probably can't afford that for a while but you have my interest!

I' m interested to a VR set up Me 109 like you showed before for the P38.

....any idea to build one ?

On 9/23/2020 at 5:27 PM, dprumph33 said:

My main question here is what will the P38 yoke you are creating attach to?  Will it somehow attach to a joystick base or will it be to replace the stock yoke from a sim yoke product?

I'm making my own yoke base.

22 hours ago, Dadnar said:

Any plans for trim control consoles warbird style?

Replica trim wheels, gear & flaps levers and switches. Everything you need to take off, fight and land.

12 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

I' m interested to a VR set up Me 109 like you showed before for the P38.

....any idea to build one ?

Yes those aluminum simpits have mounting rails along the entire length of aluminum extrusions. You can mount whatever you want, wherever you want. And I will have components to build every aircraft available in today's sims.

21 hours ago, messsucher said:

Stunning stuff, wish there were some pricing information.

Right now, an extended joystick setup from Thrustmaster, Vkb or Virpil is:

Grip 250$

Base 400$

Extension 150$

MonsterTech mount 200$.

A cool 1,000$ for joystick setup alone. I want to price my package (grip+base+extension+mount) at $299. With 149$ or 99$ extra grips.

A quick and dirty demo video. I'm in the middle of cleaning out 5 years worth of components and material testing, to free up space for a professional Youtube studio. Bought professional camera and lighting, but until it's set up, this is what you get :)

Replika-1.jpg

Replika-2.jpg

Replika-3.jpg

PGHS1966.jpg

PGHS2018.jpg

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

8 hours ago, hegykc said:

Replika-2.jpg

PGHS1966.jpg

Fantastic productions, mate!! 👏👏

Wich kind of 3D printer do you use?

Ciao!

M

Any info about luftwaffe joystick release ( KG13) and luftwaffe rudder pedals?

And when and where will be possible an order?

Will be possible send all the items here in Europe.?

A little suggestion...

You could build a little console for left side Bf 109 ( in very look like way 🙂)...with Throttle and 2 wheels for trim and flaps also... and same buttons for start engine etc  

Could you ?

Edited by ITAF_Rani

On 9/26/2020 at 9:45 PM, Dadnar said:

Any plans for trim control consoles warbird style?

Posted in DCS forum - Home Cockpits:

Untitled-Project-46.jpg

• Thanks 1

S! 

Really impressive gear :) I really hope sales will be good. Good luck with the project! 

Fantastic looking gear!  

Just to repeat an observation I make earlier in the thread.  I think you will sell more sticks if you make them compatible with a Thrustmaster / Virpil base or at least make a hot swappable adaptor.  I have a TM and Virpil base, 2 TM sticks and a KG13 stick that are all interchangeable and while I am happy to add to that, I don't want or need to invest in another base ecosystem.

• Upvote 1

I do that and no TM/Virpil customer will buy my base. Plus, a TM or Virpil compatible grip would be 250$ because of all the electronics that go inside and extra assembly time. Grips for my own base will be 99$, base 99$ and aluminum mount 99$. So it makes no point to make a single grip that is more expensive then my whole package.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

TM and VirPil grips inside electronics is basically CD4021 Shift Register (cost less than 1 dollar) no reason for their use increase grip price dramatically. VKB  on the other hand use "Alien" technology, with I/C and proprietary firmware. :) 

Thing is that are several people around that just want more grips variations for use in their actual Tm, VirPil bases. E.g. your B-6 and B-8 grips.

If your base end better than Thrustmaster base, eventually some of this people will buy, but for some people base is not priority - why they keep buying Trustmaster, Saitek.

An item that if you prioritize will make a good sales success is a standalone F-16 throttle, what apparently 3 different groups plan make.

7 hours ago, Yardstick said:

Fantastic looking gear!  

Just to repeat an observation I make earlier in the thread.  I think you will sell more sticks if you make them compatible with a Thrustmaster / Virpil base or at least make a hot swappable adaptor.  I have a TM and Virpil base, 2 TM sticks and a KG13 stick that are all interchangeable and while I am happy to add to that, I don't want or need to invest in another base ecosystem.

I understand your point, especially when you already have some different gears and may not want to have another type of gear on top. On the other hand, this new

gear has its own right to be on the market. REPLIKA gear has a new view of concept as the brand already suggests, if you ask me. This is a complete new approach.

You get a gear to replicate WWII airplanes. And for enthusiasts like me - more interested in WWII air combat - this is the way to go.

Although I also enjoy flying modern airplanes and WWI crates too, I sincerely don't feel that comfy to control my SPAD, Sopwith etc. with my actual gear (X55 Rhino)

- it doesn't feel right. I know, maybe I'm a bit weird - no, I'm actually weird because I sit in front of my computer pretending to be a WWII pilot fighting for my life and

the good cause...

7 hours ago, hegykc said:

I do that and no TM/Virpil customer will buy my base. Plus, a TM or Virpil compatible grip would be 250$ because of all the electronics that go inside and extra assembly time. Grips for my own base will be 99$, base 99$ and aluminum mount 99$. So it makes no point to make a single grip that is more expensive then my whole package.

Well, another brand for flight gears some may say. I think, you are doing great! And you are right, to follow your philosophy and keep it on. Making your sticks compatible with other brands makes you some kind of dependent to others - be it discontinuing their product line, modifications forcing you to change your

gear too - you will always depend on them in a certain way.

Keep it the way you started your product line - flying nuts like me will be glad to start a new collection with your REPLIKA gear. I'm really looking forward to this.

Edited by THERION

7 hours ago, hegykc said:

It does not matter whether there is point or not. At this early phase of your company you must make what the customers want. If it costs $250, then it costs $250. You should think you are doing custom solutions based on what customers want while offering solutions of your own too.

Edit: Can you sell for a customer something they don't want? You can't, and you should not even try. So if a customer want Thrustmaster compatible grip, then you should sell him one. He will be happy. You just got a happy customer. What you want to make is happy customers.

Edited by messsucher
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

TM and VirPil grips inside electronics is basically CD4021 Shift Register (cost less than 1 dollar)

It's not about the chips or 1 pcb. It's about all the logistics and investment a totally different line of products bring. I would need a separate assembly line for the TM/Virpil compatible grips. Double the webshop items, double the warehouse section, double training for the workers. Grips would need to be split down the middle, so make different 3d models, engineer all different tooling and mounting points for the multiple pcb's inside the grip. Have all the grip connectors re-designed. Custom made cables and wiring for all the button/switch pcb to register pcb connections.

My grips are completely solid on the inside, no pcb no chips no connectors. Only  1 channel for all the wires to go through. I got rid of 90% of the assembly work. Here's and example of a real F-18 grip that looks just like mine on the inside, and Virpil/VKB/TM comparison:

2.jpg

For me to make a Virpil/TM compatible grip, I need 1 year to re-model all the grips and 1 year to engineer and prototype and test all the pcb's that go along with that. Not possible.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, hegykc said:

It's not about the chips or 1 pcb. It's about all the logistics and investment a totally different line of products bring. I would need a separate assembly line for the TM/Virpil compatible grips. Double the webshop items, double the warehouse section, double training for the workers. Grips would need to be split down the middle, so make different 3d models, engineer all different tooling and mounting points for the multiple pcb's inside the grip. Have all the grip connectors re-designed. Custom made cables and wiring for all the button/switch pcb to register pcb connections.

My grips are completely solid on the inside, no pcb no chips no connectors. Only  1 channel for all the wires to go through. I got rid of 90% of the assembly work. Here's and example of a real F-18 grip that looks just like mine on the inside, and Virpil/VKB/TM comparison:

2.jpg

For me to make a Virpil/TM compatible grip, I need 1 year to re-model all the grips and 1 year to engineer and prototype and test all the pcb's that go along with that. Not possible.

Aha, alright, you have that sort of situation there. Then I understand, it does not make sense.

When you think you can begin to sell the grips and bases? I am about to buy a new stick this year. Still using Logitech 3D pro, which is what I have always used lol.

55 minutes ago, hegykc said:

2.jpg

What about an adaptor?  It could be in the form of a small extension piece. It could fit onto your grips and give them TM / Virpil compatibility - electronics / shift register board could be housed in the adaptor. 

I like the look of your grips but I can't justify moving away from my WarBRD or Cougar N2:NXT bases which in my mind can't be bettered for feel and precision.

Of course bases can be made better. I've been told every step of the way, my ideas cannot be done. Well... here we are.

Grip display stands. To be displayed proudly. Will come with aircraft stats cards, like those bar menu holders in clear acrylic:

Display-stands-2.jpg

Display-stands-1.jpg

OMG, this is really extraordinary to which lengths  you have went with your products. Like right to to the top with unique innovations in details and care.

I just yesterday almost pinched myself when I watched your products thinking that this can't be real, I am only dreaming of this flight sim gear.

2 hours ago, Yardstick said:

What about an adaptor?  It could be in the form of a small extension piece. It could fit onto your grips and give them TM / Virpil compatibility - electronics / shift register board could be housed in the adaptor. 

I like the look of your grips but I can't justify moving away from my WarBRD or Cougar N2:NXT bases which in my mind can't be bettered for feel and precision.

If at least the nut at base of grips are compatible with Thrustmaster, VirPil bases, will be easy make DIY a Shift Register adapter for more simple grips, like B-6, B-8, look at this Debolestis topic in DCS forum

Edited by Sokol1

Really impressed with the quality here.  I love how well everything fits and looks together.  So much better than the mix-match set of peripherals that I currently have set up.  My wife is not going to be happy with me buying all this stuff :)

• Haha 1

Very impressive work. Everything looks very solid. 

I watched the video with the trigger tesying and i understand what you try to achieve, but i find the clicks too noisy. I bought a Razer keyboard with mechanical keys and it was too noisy for me. I'm trying to play at home, with the wife reading or trying to sleep in the other room. Those loud clicks don't work. I returnex the keyboard two days later and replaced it with a Corsair K70,  with hybrid "red cherry" keys that still have a very good feel to them, but are significantly more quiet.

I understand that you try to acbieve that military feel and trigger pull weight, but military weapons don't always have the best triggers. 

Just look at the huge market for lighter, enhanced AR-15 triggers and you will see how many people like lighter than millspec triggers. 

Just an observation. I'm window shopping for new controllers and those loud clicks are too much for me as a casual gamer. 

• Upvote 2

On 9/17/2020 at 8:38 AM, hegykc said:

Military grade tactile feedback and audio feedback design for my trigger switches and pushbuttons. I cannot stand tiny toy-ish clicky 0.05$ dome switches that everyone else uses.

This is a weapon release switch, you either wasted 100.000$ worth of missiles and bombs, or you ended a bunch of human lives. You better be damn sure you want to press it.

Military spec says 2lbs for 1st stage trigger, and 4lbs for second stage. And 750gf for pushbuttons. I reduced it because without gloves it was too uncomfortable to use all day.

Definitely still in for a P-38 throttle.  I rarely fly the P-38, but all those sliders will be put to good use, replacing my now very ancient CH Quadrant (I use it for sliders, mounted next to a Warthog throttle base - this would replace both.)  Question on the above - you reduced the button throw weight due to mil-spec being uncomfortable.  Was the video the reduced weight, or the original mil-spec?

In most cases I definitely prefer as stiff and realistic a button I can get, but I do worry about keeping the nose on the target when triggering the second stage canons.  Keeping the stick perfectly still and not jerking it off target when going for the second stage might be a challenge.

Edited by Capt_Hook

1 hour ago, Jaws2002 said:

those loud clicks are too much for me as a casual gamer. 

1 hour ago, Capt_Hook said:

I definitely prefer as stiff and realistic a button I can get

All triggers are separate units so you'll be able to choose between different strengths and select the one that fits your needs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

On 9/27/2020 at 5:07 PM, hegykc said:

I'm making my own yoke base.

Thanks for the answer!  Thats awesome.

Do you have plans to make a GA/CA yoke now that MSFS is out?  I guess I should ask about GA grips too, like in the Icon A5 etc...

I saw that you had a price point in mind for the sticks, what about the yoke?

Your grips aren't going to be TM compatible, thats fine, it seems like you are making your own Hornet and Warthog grips anyway right?

S! 

I would not mind going full REPLIKA gear if building a new simulator corner. Seems price will be reasonable and quality solid. 

Just a question, do these controllers and their buttons/axes get recognised just like that, no 3rd party program needed? 

Already invested heavily in VKB and Realsimulator so the joystick is already covered. I have the Gunfighter Mk III with curved extebsion and KG13 grip. However the Bf-109 Throttle on a desk mount would be an amazing addition. Where, when and how much

Posted (edited)

Replika-flight-rig.jpg

Is the frame a part of your system as well?

Dad

Edited by Dadnar

Posted (edited)

Almost finished. This should cover all grip variants for German planes, KG-12 and KG-13 grip variants:

4.jpg

3.jpg

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 5

The KGs rock. I have few real ones in my collection and Hegyck creations are indeed very beautiful celebratory sculputures..

Posted (edited)

Hegykc, do all of your devices have their own USB cable? Asking this as at the moment I have no USB ports available next to Warthog HOTAS, MFG pedals, Track IR, Saitek throttle and a printer.

And what about stick extensions, are these in the program?

Edited by henkypenky

Hi mate, nice job with KG, are you planning to develop also rudder pedals in Luftwaffe stile?

Spoiler

All in

image.jpeg.73f6698e04aa17f3f1d50f1c2e1511bf.jpegI’m all about the immersion. I think this sim pit is awesome and I plan to acquire the entire setup for a P-38. Count me in, Hegykc!

Any idea if your peripherals could connect to Monster Tech Products?

https://monstertechusa.com/product-category/flight/

Dad

Posted (edited)

This depends more on Monster Tech develop plates compatible with Replika controllers, like they made for most of controllers on the  market, not the other way around.

Initially Monster Tech have plates only for Warthog, but when VKB, VirPil arrive to the party soon they made plates for then, and today it has bases even for entry-level controllers like T.16000M.

Edited by Sokol1
  • Upvote 1

I make my own mounts and simpits. Here's a grip to cover most British planes:

Spade-grip-1.jpg

PGHS2040.jpg

PGHS2047.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2