Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, hegykc said:

Am I allowed to post expected price? Don't want to break any forum rules, or be moved to a "for sale section".

I don't see why not.  Others do.  However, perhaps a pm to Jason Williams, the series producer would be a good idea first. 

I would caution against publishing prices at the moment until you are in a position to finalise your products production schedules and costings.  Some sort of official online presence - be it YouTube, Facebook or ideally a website - would be a very good idea too. 

Edited by DD_Arthur
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Wulfen said:

Beautiful work. Really too nice looking for VR, where it`s more function over form. Still if the price was right one could be persuaded.

Why not proudly put it on display, on a shelf or a glass cabinet instead of shamefully hiding a blank piece of plastic like a child's toy after "gaming".

Tools. Not toys.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Really great work @hegykc

I remember the DCS attempt You did some years ago. Really looking forward to Your products 👍

All the best wishes in the endeavour. I would seriously consider one or perhaps more of these controls.

Edited by MA_Goblin

Posted (edited)

If I would like to buy a Throttle Quadrant, then I would also need a button box with all kinds of 2 way switches, 3 way switches, guarded switches, push buttons and I would prefer a gear handle, a flap lever, and 3 rotating wheels for all the 3 trim axes ( Elevator, Rudder and Aileron ) and slider levers for oil and water radiators, cowl flaps and stuff like that.

For me that must not be a scale replica, but a compact box with ALL the needed switches and buttons and sliders to map for all around the aircrafts we have in IL-2.

Is something like that planned? Because you showed only pictures of some scale panels. For me an "All Arounder" Button Box would be perfect.

Prices.....if you can share some already….I would like to know….and when you plan to start selling your products!

Edited by spitfirejoe

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, hegykc said:

Why not proudly put it on display, on a shelf or a glass cabinet instead of shamefully hiding a blank piece of plastic like a child's toy after "gaming".

Tools. Not toys.

Sorry, are these models for display or are they meant for actual use in a simpit. If they are for display purposes then they are lovely work and fulfill that purpose, but definitely do not fit the description of "Tools". If they are to be bolted on to my simpit, then I won`t see the beauties in VR and they won`t be unbolted  to sit on a display cabinet like any other Tool  I currently own. Function over form.

Edited by Wulfen

Posted (edited)

No they are not for display :) I talk about firmware and electronics in the first post, and why would there be usb cables in the pictures.

If you are a simpit owner, congrats, you are among the 0.1% of virtual pilots that can afford that in terms of money and space. Don't you want your simpit to look good? All this expensive equipment and here you are worrying whether we can take ten bucks off by removing all my ID tags and lever markings :)

You can buy Saitek, Logitech or CH throttle quadrants right now, function over form. Why would I make my products purposely uglier, just to make them look more like my competition?

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 3

No they are not for display :) I talk about firmware and electronics in the first post, and why would there be usb cables in the pictures.

If you are a simpit owner, congrats, you are among the 0.1% of virtual pilots that can afford that in terms of money and space. Don't you want your simpit to look good? All this expensive equipment and here you are worrying whether we can take ten bucks off by removing all my ID tags and lever markings :)

You can buy Saitek, Logitech or CH throttle quadrants right now, function over form. Why would I make my products purposely uglier, just to make them look more like my competition?

Any pictures of the 109 or 190 yet? 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, hegykc said:

I saw the pics with the usb cables but i was being facetious due to your "tools not toys" quib. Yes I have a simpit of the simlab variety, a aluminum frame for the purpose of bolting my rudder pedals, warthog throttle and center stick to in a manner to somewhat replicate the seated cockpit position and accompanying controls. I play in VR only, the pit from the outside looks like what it is, a simple frame with a seat and peripherals bolted to it. Purely function over form and not pretty, with no need to be so. While your work looks the dog`s b, it`s just a pity I will not be able to appreciate it with my HMD on.

I`ll take an all black one, I don`t need the labels just the levers, thanks. It should be a good deal cheaper than the all singing, all dancing version.

Call it the VR version.

Edited by Wulfen
  • Confused 1

See you bought a 500$ Warthog with all the labels and even backlighting, and here you are worrying about ten dollars worth of ID tags that make my products look better, which will be cheaper anyway :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, hegykc said:

See you bought a 500$ Warthog with all the labels and even backlighting, and here you are worrying about ten dollars worth of ID tags that make my products look better, which will be cheaper anyway :)

The Warthog setup is one of the most functional setups for the money with its compliment of buttons and switches etc, matching the DCS A10 which I have. Your point is poorly made, but you know that yourself. Please don`t take what I say as a slight on you or your work. It looks fantastic and hopefully it performs as good as it looks. But my original point is, and you would have to agree, that the beauty of these pieces would not be fully appreciated by those of us that fly in VR by the simple virtue that it could not be seen while the user was in the act of using them. Now if the price is right, as I previously said. I would purchase your product as the replica levers, positioning and feel would compliment the VR experience, but their exceptional appearance would be lost on me while in the act of using them for the purpose to which they were manufactured.

Either way I wish you luck and hope the you keep your prices reasonable.

Edited by Wulfen

Posted (edited)

I am not interested in you making another version for a smaller minority (VR), dont waste your time in developing this as its wasted time and parts, I and many others love these products for what they are “replicas” and I would appreciate the development to continue in their current forms and not for people who blindly access the controls or people who feel the need for added buttons and switches to make it like other competitors, the photos I have seen is what i would want, maybe consider a Yak version later, but not braking the style of what you do

if you want something for VR, you can buy plenty other cheaper options

if you want a button box, buy a virpil or thrustmaster throttle, they have buttons and switches

Edited by ddrake1984
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm pretty excited to see your prices. The P-47 throttle looks great and I would love to have one, especially if the twist grip for the K-14 is an option.

No hard feelings here, hence the smileys. I'm just saying, the ID tags are the cheapest part, yet the most visually stunning. So there is no point in removing them as I would have to have separate workers trained, separate store items, separate assembly lines etc. Just like with your Warthog, you can remove the engraved plates, they have screws, but why do so just to save a couple of bucks. It's 5% on top of the product price, and would add 50% in development changes so no reason to do so.

These are designed to shock and awe the vast majority of desktop pilots, and shock and awe they will :)

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

They all look awesome! Do you have any for soviet aircraft in your backyard? 

• Upvote 1

These are designed to shock and awe the vast majority of desktop pilots, and shock and awe they will :)

Shock and awe they will and they will look great for non VR users. I`ll keep an eye on them and see what the price is like. I also have a helicopter collective on the "to buy" list with that hopefully not too far off, once the lad making them gets to grips with the sudden big order influx he`s received over on the DCS forums.

Anyway I wish you good fortune.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Wulfen said:

The Warthog setup is one of the most functional setups for the money with its compliment of buttons and switches etc, matching the DCS A10 which I have. Your point is poorly made, but you know that yourself. Please don`t take what I say as a slight on you or your work. It looks fantastic and hopefully it performs as good as it looks. But my original point is, and you would have to agree, that the beauty of these pieces would not be fully appreciated by those of us that fly in VR by the simple virtue that it could not be seen while the user was in the act of using them. Now if the price is right, as I previously said. I would purchase your product as the replica levers, positioning and feel would compliment the VR experience, but their exceptional appearance would be lost on me while in the act of using them for the purpose to which they were manufactured.

Either way I wish you luck and hope the you keep your prices reasonable.

Sorry I don't mean this as an attack but I think you yourself are being a bit contradictory and your tone seemed to be an attack itself.

First off you say "...these pieces would not be fully appreciated by those of us that fly in VR by the simple virtue that it could not be seen while the user was in the act of using them."  Then you say "I would purchase your product as the replica levers, positioning and feel would compliment the VR experience".  So which is it you wouldn't find them useful because you cant see them while your head is in under a "hood", by the way this alone is immersive breaking for many people, or they would be because they could compliment the VR experience?

You know how many times I look at my throttle when I am flying, simple answer 0%. You know how many sim pits I have seen people do that look pretty close to what a real sim pit would be but they have a wart hog throttle, X-52 etc joy stick or throttle?  Most of those people do their pits so that they can be immersive and flip the switch where it was in the cockpit or feel what it would have been like to be in that pit.  Some even go as far as to label things just as the real pits were done.  Throttle controls that are not accurate to the pit would be immersive breaking to them. I would think even a VR pilots would want that for the feel, I see you kind of say that yourself and as for the labels and such it just adds to the product. The fact you can't see it when your flying takes nothing away from you it only adds to the look when you take off that "hood". If you are already going to spend $250-$700 on a throttle alone what is an extra $10 for something no one in their right mind is going to look at while flying a flight sim when you can spend $35 and get the same results?

By the way hegykc I love how they look and I am sure they will add a lot of fun and enjoyment to many people when they are ready for sale.

Edited by Merell
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Merell said:

Sorry I don't mean this as an attack but I think you yourself are being a bit contradictory and your tone seemed to be an attack itself.

I thank you for the great effort that long winded rebuttal must have been. It's a pity it was so wide of the mark. My first post was hardly an attack, just an observation on the aesthetics of the products in question and not on their functionality. As I stated the aesthetics will literally be wasted on VR users as they will be obscured. But each to their own and of course price will dictate.

Edited by Wulfen

Springboarding off of your p38 yoke... some ww1 yokes that would work on a vkb or virpil base would be, I'm sure a niche market you could tap. 

3 hours ago, MA_Goblin said:

Really great work @hegykc

I remember the DCS attempt You did some years ago. Really looking forward to Your products 👍

All the best wishes in the endeavour. I would seriously consider one or perhaps more of these controls.

Ah yes, I though I remembered that name from somewhere...

With throttles and panels ect will they be daisy chained?

Posted (edited)

Hi hegykc.
I am very happy that you have resumed, or rather, that you have continued with the development of your project.
A long time ago I followed you in another forum, I have even got to message you, but that thread was closed because of the skepticism created.
As I say, I'm glad that your project is still alive.
Having said that, I must say that, like me, and many others, I fly exclusively in virtual reality.
And that's why I ask you, please, continue developing this products exactly as you are doing so far, since I will really enjoy looking at them before putting on the HMD and also during the flight, since what interests me most is that what I touch it looks as close as possible to what I'm seeing in the virtual cockpit.
And please don't take too long to develop the lufties.

Saludos.

15(Span.)/JG51 Costa

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Costa
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just saw a link to this thread... That really is beautiful work @hegykc You can see there is a lot of effort on your part put into their creation. Having a throttle with the range adjusting grip would be so much more natural for simmers (I currently use my second throttle axis if I use a gyro), so it's great to read you're making a version to incorporate that.

quite a few of these look like renders, can we see images of the kit in the wild?

7 hours ago, OrLoK said:

quite a few of these look like renders, can we see images of the kit in the wild?

There a picture with them all laid out on a table

Posted (edited)

I am not a big "simpit" guy.  I have a joystick and keypad on top of my desk, and that's about it.  HOWEVER, I could be converted by something like this.

I can imagine these for use in other locations as well, such as mockup cockpits in military or aircraft museums.  They wouldn't even need the wiring.  I can also foresee another market for such products.  If these work well, with a few cosmetic alterations you can make versions for the space sim community.  I know the folks on the Star Citizen forums would go crazy for these.  As there are two specific forums there, one for "hardware" and one for "simpits," you'd be tossing raw meat to a bunch of hungry sharks.

EDIT:  I hadn't thought of the new, multiplayer B-17 and new Microsoft civilian sims coming out.  With as much realism as some of the civilian sim pilots go for, building complete, full-scale replicas of the front sections of aircraft in their houses/garages, they would make statues of you.  :) And, the more units you sell, the more your cost per item goes down.  I know you've likely thought of all this already...but...but...

http://youtu.be/lTSVfYM2Pdk?t=5

🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪

-Irish

Edited by ODonovan

Excellent throttles!  They are truly works of art.  I look forward to the opportunity to buy some of your "Tools".  Good Luck with your project!

It's nice to see your project envolving again. There's definetly a good selection of throttles and I'm looking forward to the concepts for some german style units.

However, I will try to not put too much hope up as for now. Not because I'm not supportive but because there's great hurdles to overcome from building the first production models to setting up a global buisness for such a wide selection of controllers (thats not to say you can't).

On 6/7/2020 at 2:04 PM, hegykc said:

Am I allowed to post expected price? Don't want to break any forum rules, or be moved to a "for sale section".

For informational purposes only I think yes (GVL does it too for his throttle units). You may not use the forum as a sales platform though.

Hi Hrvoje, would it be possible to make a 'control pedestal' P-51 style like this one:

museum-028b.jpg.a47d53c1cd0c2fa8687da5bf72ca4649.jpg

4 hours ago, henkypenky said:

Hi Hrvoje, would it be possible to make a 'control pedestal' P-51 style like this one:

museum-028b.jpg.a47d53c1cd0c2fa8687da5bf72ca4649.jpg

I can not see any picture and the link does not work, wish to see, because I am very interested in a warbird style Control panel aswell.

These look amazing. I would absolutely purchase one of your P-51 Throttle Quadrants once available. Do you have a mailing list or somewhere people can sign up to be notified as your projects moves along?

• Upvote 1

So......can we know the prices now? how much would be a P-47 Thottle Quadrant? How much a P-51 Throttle and how much the P-38?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Of Course it would be possible to produce whole scale panels. Side panels and front panels of a P-51 or any other type. You could build a scale cockpit if you want.

There are some sim guys out there who made incredible stuff…….like him for example…...

http://twinsim.eu/?page_id=2307 

or the  A-10 Warthog guy, who made a whole scale Cockpit by himself aswell ( check him on Youtube).

I would love to have a scale Cockpit at home of a P-51 or P-47 or any other WW2 Warbird. 

But since I fly in VR exclusively that would not work properly. I am sure that VR will evolve and more and more simmers will use VR in the near future, when next gen VR Headsets come out and the PC Hardware is getting better to give a 4k resolution with high FPS and huge FOV. Once tried VR, you can feel the huge gain of immersion.

A Scale Home Cockpit will add a lot of immersion too and I would love it for sure, but I like IL-2 so much because of it´s great choice of all kind of different warbirds. What to do then if you decided to build a scale P-51 Cockpit...……….do you want to fly ONLY a P-51 all the time in IL-2? Since it is optimized for a P-51, will it work very good for a russian fighter, a Spitfire or a Bf-109? I doubt it.

So for me personally I would like to have a nice Throttle Quadrant ( a P-47 )…….P-47 because that one will work the best for all other planes aswell, since it has the Supercharger Lever for the P-47 itself, I also have the Mixture Lever and Prop Lever, which most planes have ( except a FW-190 or Bf-109 ). Paired this with a "Warbird Style" Button and Switch Panel with some additional Levers for Oil and Water Radiators and Trim Wheels for all 3 axes. That would be an ideal setup for me. A Setup which would work for all IL-2 aircrafts. Twin engine aircraft I can control both engines seperately with the P-47 Throttle when using key 1 or 2 on the keyboard as a compromize.

Edited by spitfirejoe

The trim pedestals for the P51 are 1.6mm aluminium but can be built easily with a hammerform and a set of Jenny wheels to do the embossing around the landing gear control lever.Ive done 4 so far and on my second set of 5 of P51 throttles.Ive just about finished the structure for a Spitfire half fuselage for a customer..Ill start up my own thread soon as its not good for me to drop in on Hrvoje,s thread with his brilliantly designed and built throttles.The world needs more WW2 simpits and parts..

IMG_4801a.jpg

• Like 2

Any news on availability, orders, price ect

• Upvote 1

I think the OP said his squad is going to test them before releasing any info on what you asked about. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, WWChunk said:

I think the OP said his squad is going to test them before releasing any info on what you asked about. 

Yes, true, but apparently some can't read or don't understand.

2 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

Yes, true, but apparently some can't read or don't understand.

I can read at one point he was going to release pricing information, what's wrong with being excited?

• Upvote 1

=VARP= squadron is bailing out of this project as tester group nor want to be associated with it in any regard! That's all we can say as we didn't get or start any tests on Replika gear!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1