AHSolidSnake

While these photos/renders do look amazing I must take them with a pinch of salt since this is the same outfit that got the DCS community all wound up for replica HOTAS gear at bargain prices....in 2016. As far as i am aware not one product was shipped at that time or since.

hoping to be proven wrong but remembering https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104154&highlight=Replika

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
hegykc
6 minutes ago, AHSolidSnake said:

While these photos/renders do look amazing I must take them with a pinch of salt since this is the same outfit that got the DCS community all wound up for replica HOTAS gear at bargain prices....in 2016. As far as i am aware not one product was shipped at that time or since.

hoping to be proven wrong but remembering https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=104154&highlight=Replika

Back then, the technology wasn't quite there for anything other then a few prototypes. It took me 10 tries to get 1clean example made. So there was never a single complete unit produced.

Now things are all cleared up. There are NO renders here, all of the 3 throttles are complete photographed units, on which I am testing my firmware changes.

Also there were many other attempts beside me, even some official Kickstarter projects that took money and never delivered.

As I never took a single cent from anyone and have been pouring all of my savings for the last 5 years into the project, I do not feel that I owe anyone anything.

People do feel entitled though.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 8
[-=BP=-]Slegawsky_VR

Niche market has been established already but...  

I just hope hes got the legal aspect sorted out. This stuff has to be patented and copy written not to mention a solid business plan. 

Fingers crossed, "free market" still exists.

hegykc
9 minutes ago, [Pb]Slegawsky_VR said:

I just hope hes got the legal aspect sorted out. This stuff has to be patented and copy written not to mention a solid business plan.

Not sure which legal aspect. WWII drawings are publicly available for every single part so a patent is impossible. The only copyright that still exists is the one for manufacturers plane names like "Thunderbolt", "Lightning" etc. Which I don't use.

• Upvote 2
[-=BP=-]Slegawsky_VR
2 minutes ago, hegykc said:

Not sure which legal aspect.

There are possible chances of someone stealing your idea, just saying.

DD_Arthur

Good luck Hegykc!   Having the VARP guys on board as testers is very reassuring too👍

• Like 3
hegykc
3 minutes ago, [Pb]Slegawsky_VR said:

There are possible chances of someone stealing your idea, just saying.

Oh I see. Yeah I don't know if there's anything I can do about that, other than being better.

Believe me, if this were easy, it would already exist.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
[-=BP=-]Slegawsky_VR

There are much more resourceful entities out there that might want to dominate the market.

Whatever breakthrough technology you use make sure is patented and owned by you.

Best of luck.

hegykc
25 minutes ago, [Pb]Slegawsky_VR said:

There are much more resourceful entities out there that might want to dominate the market.

I am the one who knocks :)

Edited by hegykc
vonrickenbecker

All I can say is WOW!!! Well done @hegykc, very excited to see where you go with this. Kudos from one hardware maker to another!

=RS=Maltor
11 hours ago, hegykc said:

There is much more in the works:

P38-yoke-facebook.jpg

I think we are all eager for some new flight gear on the market! Your work looks absolutely incredible! I love my P-38 . Please make some videos! I cant get over how awesome these products look!!! My wallet Is getting lighter just thinking about it!!!!!!

• Haha 1
WWSandMan

That P-38 throttle set would most definitely work for my needs. All of the items shown look amazing, I would definitely be interested in seeing more.

Please note, I am aware the flight sim hardware sales tend to be one-time buys... Simmers want quality gear that is built to last. All of us are on a budget, some a little less stringent than others, but a budget all the same. So when we lay down hard-earned money for quality controllers, that is what we expect: quality, durability, and longevity. That's one reason why I've had two flight sim controllers over the last 18 years. A Thrustmaster Couger HOTAS (bought used, and which served me for nearly ten years), and then I bought a Thrustmaster WartHog HOTAS. Before those, I went through a dizzying series of various controllers, none of which lasted more than a year or two before failing.

While these units look amazing as they are, please don't skimp on build quality. In your testing, trash the units. Bump them off the desk, dump liquids on them, cover them in saw dust, stretch the cords longer than they were intended to go. Make sure they can endure real life mishaps, and still work flawlessly. It's a tall order, but if you're going to build great gear, go the extra step and make it magnificent. We will buy!

• Upvote 1
=RS=ddrake1984

not sure if you saw my message about joining the discord server, sometimes things get lost on forums. so I will post again.

Hi 

not sure if you are aware, but there is the Official HOTAS/HOSAS/SIMPIT Discord server here https://discord.gg/szqaJE7

you should join and promote, update and inform the community there also (there are about 3,300 members with ~1000 members online each day watching and reading)

there are many manufacturers/companies on there as well, some big names, some starting out. it would help you and your business grow if you joined.

lots of interested members will love to test, buy and provide feedback also.

if/when you join, please choose your username similar to "ReplikaGear" for ease of identification. 

kestrel79

How many buttons will these have? Or are they just throttle axis? The more buttons the better! 

=VARP=Klingon
20 hours ago, hegykc said:

I present to you, my babies. 3 prototypes that I have been personally testing for the last 6 months. Electronics are arduino clones, programmed as generic windows joysticks, no drivers, plug'n'play. If you want, you can even program your own firmware. They come with a metal desktop stand, trim boxes, flaps and gear levers, and complete set of switches that are not in these pictures but will be presented soon.

I think that your answer is above!

Edited by =VARP=Klingon
hegykc
2 hours ago, WWSandMan said:

Bump them off the desk, dump liquids on them, cover them in saw dust

I understand as a long time customer of many flight gear products. I've been flying offline for 10+ years and own everything ever made except the latest and greatest from Virpil and VKB as I've been trying to buy for a year but it's out of stock. I still drool over them, just like you. Even now when I'm making my own. They are amazing pieces of gear.

But, can you pour liquids on your 1500$ Winwing F-18 setup?

Can you cover your 800$ Virpil setup in dust?

Can you bump your 500$ TM Warthog throttle off the desk?

Absolutely not. So are they not quality products? Of course they are.

There is a golden rule in manufacturing, which they won't tell you: "NEVER EVER make a pefect product."

Why do you think VKB has Mk.I, Mk.II, Mk.III etc. Customer return. If you make a product that is perfect, you will go bankrupt within a year since no customer will ever return to buy again from you. Especially in a niche market like this. You make it just good enough if you have monopoly, or you make it slightly better then your competition. Keep the improvements for version 2.0, if you want to survive.

But I will tell you this.

If you pour liquids on my products, there will be 3$ (three dollars) in damages, as you will need to buy a new arduino clone, that's it. Don't even have to buy it from me, ebay it.

If you cover it in dust, I use IP65 sealed sensors, so the only damage will be to your ears, from your wife screaming at you for covering the room in kitty litter.

If you bump it off the table, you will have to order 5-10$ worth of broken levers or what not.

I don't use glue, there is no soldering, everything is on jst connectors and screw terminals, so every single part is replaceable. There are no "warranty void if removed" stickers.

You can completely disassemble and re-assemble them before every flight for all I care. There are exactly 4 M6 bolts that hold the entire thing together.

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 2
TP_Paulie

This looks so cool. But I'm afraid it would limit the HOTAS capability of the pilot who'd use one of these. And some of us (me especially) are lazy or just use VR so this could present a problem. So do you think you could as well produce some sort of switch panel for stuff like gears/flaps/airbrakes? Maybe something in the style of the P-51's radio panel as pictured below?

Bez názvu.png

• Like 1
hegykc

Oh you want panels? Take a pick:

13.jpg

14.jpg

And if you're wondering what else is in my computer 3d files:

2.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

Here are some photographs for my B-17 simulator parts in the making:

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

Edited by hegykc
  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1
HR_Zunzun

All of this look awesome!

If all your tests go well, definitively a must consider for ww2 sims (I am in love with this p-47 quadrant! 😍)

• Upvote 2
THERION
5 hours ago, [Pb]Slegawsky_VR said:

Whatever breakthrough technology you use make sure is patented and owned by you.

Best of luck.

Well, maybe they are more resourceful, yes, BUT they are also bound to shareholders' incredible hunger for return, which they won't achieve
with this niche market. They want to toss a product on the market, that is very cheap to produce and sell it in big numbers. So they are not
interested in detailed, high quality replicas - they are more into things like Thrustmaster, Saitek and the sorts...

We should be grateful to have people sharing our passion, wanting to create something unique with attention to details. And well all know,

we once started with some kind of cheapo joysticks etc., but all of us now hooked into the virtual world of flying no longer want to toy around

with mass-products.

• Like 1
ACG_Snowy

These look ideal for a simpit but what about those of us who prefer or need an easily disassembled desktop set up, e.g. using Monstertech mounts or similar? 

XQ_Lothar29
18 hours ago, hegykc said:

There is much more in the works:

P38-yoke-facebook.jpg

OMG!!

• Like 2
[-=BP=-]Slegawsky_VR
1 hour ago, -=-THERION said:

they are more into things like Thrustmaster, Saitek and the sorts...

Would we all want a force feedback joysticks? Was that tech patented ages ago? What company owns that?

Like I said best of luck to our friend!

3 hours ago, hegykc said:

Oh you want panels? Take a pick:

13.jpg

14.jpg

And if you're wondering what else is in my computer 3d files:

2.jpg

3.jpg

3a.jpg

Here are some photographs for my B-17 simulator parts in the making:

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

When will panels be available? Do you make to order?

1PL-Banzai-1Esk

It's rare for hardware to get me excited, especially throttle units but your gear looks fantastic. I really like that it is 1:1 scale. I will certainly be interested in P-47 and P-51 units.

I wish you all the luck with your company especially during these uncertain times.

I will be there to support you with purchase as soon as you are ready to sell these beauties.

Btw. This is a first meme I ever created. I hope it expresses my excitement. Is this how the kids do it these days?

meme.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 15
[353rd]Muscat

i buy P51 Throttle for sure! it will be nice to have de late mustang Throttle quadrant, i’m very interested in this project very good job!

Nate_2112

Pretty sure my wife is going to be really mad at me when these become available...💲🙂

• Haha 1
[DBS]TH0R

Any plans to do a P-51 throttle with twist handle to adjust the K-14 range? I'd get one in a heartbeat. :)

• Like 1
hegykc
18 minutes ago, [DBS]TH0R said:

Any plans to do a P-51 throttle with twist handle to adjust the K-14 range? I'd get one in a heartbeat. :)

Yes for both P-51 and P-47. You can swap between fixed gyro and twist grip levers. Just like in the game.

Photos as soon as they're tested.

Edited by hegykc
spitfirejoe

I wish to visit a Website with more detailed Photos, Videos, Infos and price tags.

• Upvote 1
hegykc

I did not post any of the links above. When I do, it will be to an official youtube channel and website.

Edited by hegykc
=RS=ddrake1984

I have a bot on my discord server that will inform the hotas community - please send me the links when they are ready so that I can use those links to promote it.

It's all well and good to post here and on a youtube channel, but majority of the simmers who own and buy hotas gear will reside on the hotas community discord and reddit. 

it's like putting advertisement on a bus that only goes down 1 street, the hotas discord and reddit is where people go to find information on this sort of thing (central repository) and has people who are passionate about this technology. some with more than 1 type of peripheral device. it not only helps the word get out and spread, but informs the right types of individuals who are willing to pay and not just talk about paying.

Beautiful work. Really too nice looking for VR, where it`s more function over form. Still if the price was right one could be persuaded.

hegykc

Am I allowed to post expected price? Don't want to break any forum rules, or be moved to a "for sale section".

• Like 1