Ice Ring Scripted Campaign Now Available for Pre-Order! - Discussion

9 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Thanks. Your main targets will be Pitomnik and Voroponovo airfields. Next to Gumrak was the headquarters of the 6th Army and the prisoner of war camp, this airfield began to be used near the end of the battle. The remaining airfields were targets for aircraft of the 16th Air Army.

I greatly appreciate your information/clarification about the airfields and am really looking forward to Ice Ring!

Awesome, i am so buying this,not all of us like being fighter pilots (or are awful at it like me,lol) but enjoy some reconnaissance and bringing down easy targets like transports, i'm sure it wont all be fun and games (no pun intended) but looking forward to it, thank you!!

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
1 hour ago, Atomic_Spaniel said:

@BlackSixI must ask the obvious question, when do you think it will be released?

Hi! The campaign is ready, we're waiting for only the translation of briefings into English. We believe that we'll receive briefings in 2.5 weeks, and I hope that the campaign will be released with version 4.007.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Pre-ordered. I've been anticipating this for a long while. I love all of your campaigns and I know this is going to be amazing. To thank you for all you do, I'm awarding you Hero of the Soviet Union!

81VViAL17rL._AC_UX385_.jpg

Edited by BlackSix
  • Thanks 1

With this preorder, I'm once again completely up to date. I need to dive into one of the campaigns now. I've flown a few missions here and there but I've yet to finish a campaign. Life keeps getting in the way I'm afraid. Still, the missions I've flown have been enjoyable.

• Thanks 1
  • 1CGS

Unfortunately, I've no way to create skins for the game and at the same time, all our artists are very busy. Given that this is a commercial campaign, I also cannot use the help of the community due to legal difficulties.

• Thanks 2
3 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Unfortunately, I've no way to create skins for the game and at the same time, all our artists are very busy. Given that this is a commercial campaign, I also cannot use the help of the community due to legal difficulties.

Okay. Thanks for the answer.  Then I will stop buying this time. I really like your work, and own every previous campaign but flying with the same clones without tactical numbers & cammo over and over again puts me out of immersion every time.

Maybe you can ask your Boss again for an unlock of the commercial campaigns? Would be cool if we would have the opportunity to edit the missions for our own private use 😁

I did preorder it. I try to play more campaigns now, at the moment I am busy with "Fortress on the Wolga". 

The good Thing About a campaign is that you fly one particular plane all the time, so you get more familiar and learn it better.

I did not use the IL-2 too much till now, so that has to change then.

• Thanks 1

Pre-ordered. I love flying the IL-2, since the original game, back in the days. Easy to take off, fly and land when you only have a joystick (I will get more equipment..). I hope this campaign will be available soon. I appreciate the fact that a lot of attention was given to historical accurateness. The immersion factor is an important thing in scripted careers, imho. Thank you @BlackSix for this campaign. Thanks also for the poll, it tells us all that you are considering the development or even more campaigns !!! So far, the A5 has quite an edge... Which is great !! I  just love the FW190. I prefer the A3, but it was not present at Stalingrad from what I know. From what I can also tell, all of your scripted campaigns were created for BOS. Are you considering other theaters ??

Edited by Cleo9
  • Thanks 1
  • 1CGS
8 hours ago, jollyjack said:

Thanks @blacksix, pre ordered !!

8 hours ago, Cleo9 said:

Pre-ordered. I love flying the IL-2, since the original game, back in the days. Easy to take off, fly and land when you only have a joystick (I will get more equipment..). I hope this campaign will be available soon. I appreciate the fact that a lot of attention was given to historical accurateness. The immersion factor is an important thing in scripted careers, imho. Thank you @BlackSix for this campaign. Thanks also for the poll, it tells us all that you are considering the development or even more campaigns !!! So far, the A5 has quite an edge... Which is great !! I  just love the FW190. I prefer the A3, but it was not present at Stalingrad from what I know.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Cleo9 said:

From what I can also tell, all of your scripted campaigns were created for BOS. Are you considering other theaters ??

You can buy in the store "Ten Days of Autumn" - my campaign for the Battle of Moscow and if you have Battle of Kuban you can play my free campaign "Sea Dragons".

So yes, I'm considering other theaters))

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
5 hours ago, BlackSix said:

Thanks!

You can buy in the store "Ten Days of Autumn" - my campaign for the Battle of Moscow and if you have Battle of Kuban you can play my free campaign "Sea Dragons".

So yes, I'm considering other theaters))

Yes, sorry... I should have known, since I already own those !! 😄 And of course the A5 or G14 campaign will be for BOK... 

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if everyone saw the Ice Ring trailer but it is now out on the 1CGS YouTube channel.

Was a pleasure to work with BlackSix on the trailer for his latest campaign. I think a lot of people are going to have fun with this campaign!

Edited by ShamrockOneFive
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • 1CGS
2 hours ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Not sure if everyone saw the Ice Ring trailer but it is now out on the 1CGS YouTube channel.

Was a pleasure to work with BlackSix on the trailer for his latest campaign. I think a lot of people are going to have fun with this campaign!

Thank you very much for this great trailer 🙂

• Thanks 1
On 7/4/2020 at 12:48 AM, ShamrockOneFive said:

Yes, I missed it - thanks for sharing! You guys should make sure the trailer ends up as part of one of the upcoming dev updates! Just to make sure we see it.