Latest Beta video from the upcoming desert war expansion to WW2 flight simulation, IL-2 Cliffs of Dover Blitz.

There are many new exciting additions not in this video, that will be subject to their own update soon.

Featured soundtracks by Joost Schlebaum.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 2

Nice exept the animations that seem to stutter in the welly turret and the AA guns in the Trenches instead of 6 pounders or something.

Cliffs of Dover has come a long way, nice to see this project getting closer to an eventual release.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy
11 hours ago, InProgress said:

2:18 that's one crazy pilot :biggrin:

i only hope tho, one day we can get ground kills that are not always explosions.

I did get a little bit close to the ground there :)  Not everything blows up though. I timed my strafing run with a bomb run. You can see the bombs coming into the picture, just after I exited.  👍

• Like 1

Outstanding! Those fires, smokes and explosions look perfect, very natural, not overly exaggerated. Everything looks perfect. I'm looking forward for the release! I know you guys are very busy working on all those great improvements, but if you could post more videos like this, it would be nice.

• Like 1

yes I would agree with keeping it a flight sim. Wont make me popular with the tank fans I know but you end up falling between 2 stools. The tankers need/want everything destructable ie drive through buildings, you also need much higher fidelity terrain for the tanks. So a lot of computer power gets sucked into this extra fidelity. Even the tanks then end up being much higher fidelity.  I just feels it takes too much extra juice from the flight sim side, less targets (or extra targets for tankers). Lose additional slots for planes on a server.

You see the fidelity needed for BoX prokorovka map, makes it smaller and harder for devs to get to run well. And then there is dcs doing same thing. Ends up great fidelity map but tiny play area or you have to pull things out of it. You can probably get away with it  on a sparsely populated area map and something very flat (like the original il2 kursk? map) looks pretty boring and uninteresting for everyone.