Sign in to follow this  
FlyingFalcon

Editing Software

Just wondering, but what video editor do ya'll use to edit your videos?

Sony Vegas for me.

but any video editor will do the job from the cheap seats to the pro stuff.

The old widows video editor wasnt half bad at all, i think theres an open source version out there (free) for modern operating systems. its really all one needed.

hope that helps

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I use the video editor in Blender.

Tutorials are here (latest version is 2.8, but the playlist is shorter at the moment than previous versions so check the earlier playlists too).

Edited by JimTM
  • Thanks 1

DaVinci Resolve.

They have a free version that has 99% of the tings you need and it's very advanced.

The paid version has synchronized multi-camera footage and other PRO features that none of us here care about for IL2 videos.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

DaVinci Resolve.

They have a free version that has 99% of the tings you need and it's very advanced.

The paid version has synchronized multi-camera footage and other PRO features that none of us here care about for IL2 videos.

FYI, you can do multi-camera editing in Blender for free but I imagine that Davinci Resolve Pro takes that to the next level and then some. I was playing around with the feature in Blender. I have three tracks, recorded from different angles, displayed in multiple boxes. The multi-camera feature makes it easy to switch between views on the fly.

• Thanks 1

I use PowerDirector 16, which isn't the latest version, 18 is, been using this editor for the past 5yrs

and not for IL2 which i've yet to record a video of.

Recording a video is one thing, editing a video is an art in itself.

Just upgraded to PowerDirector 18 from PowerDirector 14. If your thinking of upgrading, don’t bother. Complete waste of money if your looking for something different to what you have.