Jump to content
voncrapenhauser

Plastic Modelers in the IL-2 Community

Recommended Posts

AK Interactive just announced their latest "art" book.  They show you how to scratchbuild your own Nazi gas chamber and weather it appropriately with their new range of products.  They also show you how to create a diorama of Rwandan mass graves and paint a figure who is shooting up.  Plus they briefly teased a new resin figure of a drowned child...  wtf??

 

 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

AK Interactive just announced their latest "art" book.  They show you how to scratchbuild your own Nazi gas chamber and weather it appropriately with their new range of products.  They also show you how to create a diorama of Rwandan mass graves and paint a figure who is shooting up.  Plus they briefly teased a new resin figure of a drowned child...  wtf??

 

 

:blink: You're.....you're kidding right?:negative: 

 

I just read their official webpage about it. Apparently it is part of their protest about social injustice and human oppression......edgy.....I guess.

Edited by 40plus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, 40plus said:

 You're.....you're kidding right?


Nope.  I really wish I was.  I’ll never buy their products.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One modelling youtuber posted about that and AK took down a few videos about the book it seems as well as cleaning the comments on their various social media platforms.

 

A tiny bit of progress on the Val:

mlFMVSt.jpg

 

It now has its wings and I have spent the last sessions experimenting with new (to me) techniques : puttying and sanding. The goal being removing seam lines and making smoother transitions between assemblies. It's a lot of work but it will be worth it in the end. I have the upper / lower fuselage and the transition between the wing assembly and the fuselage are smoothed out. I still need to work on the wings leading edges and other small bits around the engine area.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2020 at 2:44 PM, Feathered_IV said:

AK Interactive just announced their latest "art" book.  They show you how to scratchbuild your own Nazi gas chamber and weather it appropriately with their new range of products.  They also show you how to create a diorama of Rwandan mass graves and paint a figure who is shooting up.  Plus they briefly teased a new resin figure of a drowned child...  wtf??

 

 

 

On 9/7/2020 at 2:54 PM, 216th_LuseKofte said:

The world as we know it has ended

Agreed.

That truly saddens me.

Why do a model building company feel it has to comment like that??

Truly hope it's some kind of sick joke...not by them I susspect

I agree with Feathered if it,s for real I will certainly be boycotting their products.....I mean WTF is wrong with the world?

Keys to the outrage bus in hand.

 

Nice Val BTW Birdman.

Edited by voncrapenhauser
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A while ago I saw a video about a video game where the player and his team walked around in a airport terminal shooting civilians. 
I was into fps games some years ago, so my morale goes more on what they where shooting at in a f***ing game, I call it terrorist training. And now this. 
I take great pleasures in the models I see build here, the fact that such sadistic “art” can be shown, just because it is called “ art. Pisses me off. It set our mind at a lower level and acceptance for tragedy of other people become new normal

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The online book launch that AK did was beyond disgraceful. They did a live stream with a promo video of concentration camp victims being bulldozed into mass graves and prisoners being shot in the back of the head In Vietnam.  All this was presented as a teaser with a “can you guess?” message below it and an AK employee in the chat saying wait and see and it will be all worth it.  What they eventually revealed was their latest book, with guides to lovingly create things such as authentic looking fingernail scratches around the inner doorframe of your model gas chamber. 
 

If you search for the phrase AK Interactive scandal on YouTube you’ll find a 45 minute vid from a bloke in the UK who recorded the whole sorry mess as it went down.  It’s even worse than what I summarised above.  No way would I ever touch their products with a ten foot pole. 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

The online book launch that AK did was beyond disgraceful. They did a live stream with a promo video of concentration camp victims being bulldozed into mass graves and prisoners being shot in the back of the head In Vietnam.  All this was presented as a teaser with a “can you guess?” message below it and an AK employee in the chat saying wait and see and it will be all worth it.  What they eventually revealed was their latest book, with guides to lovingly create things such as authentic looking fingernail scratches around the inner doorframe of your model gas chamber. 
 

If you search for the phrase AK Interactive scandal on YouTube you’ll find a 45 minute vid from a bloke in the UK who recorded the whole sorry mess as it went down.  It’s even worse than what I summarised above.  No way would I ever touch their products with a ten foot pole. 

 

I don't own any of their product simply because I'm deep into a collection of Tamiya and Vallejo products already.

Their depiction of an AK-47 in their logo is enough to tell me that they and I are not ideologically aligned. This scandal just goes further to prove it.

 

Edit: I watched the video you referenced....Jiminy Cricket....I home someone got fired for this epic screw up.

Edited by 40plus
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for the pros here: How do you prevent brush strokes when applying a layer with acrylic colors?

 

I used to spray surfaces using the Tamiya colors. That worked well for me until I stopped making plastic models like 20 years ago. Now I'm trying to get my son to do those models (and keep him from electronics), but as having kids spray color around in the house, that is sufficiently anti-marriage of an idea to rule out that procedure. The brush it must be for the time being.

 

But using them as they come, the color is often very thick, and although the color covers well, the result is clearly shows that I'm doing I am not supposed to. Terrible brush strokes. If I dilute the colors such that it doesn't give stokes, it's gotta be me who applies 3th, 4th, and 5th layer of paint. And that is not really the idea.

 

Is there a specific technique other than that?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZachariasX said:

Question for the pros here: How do you prevent brush strokes when applying a layer with acrylic colors?

 

I used to spray surfaces using the Tamiya colors. That worked well for me until I stopped making plastic models like 20 years ago. Now I'm trying to get my son to do those models (and keep him from electronics), but as having kids spray color around in the house, that is sufficiently anti-marriage of an idea to rule out that procedure. The brush it must be for the time being.

 

But using them as they come, the color is often very thick, and although the color covers well, the result is clearly shows that I'm doing I am not supposed to. Terrible brush strokes. If I dilute the colors such that it doesn't give stokes, it's gotta be me who applies 3th, 4th, and 5th layer of paint. And that is not really the idea.

 

Is there a specific technique other than that?

 

I, like you, taken to thinning my acrylics down to prevent heavy brush strokes and then applying multiple thin coats with ample drying time in between. Not sure if there's any other way.

 

I airbrush any surface large enough that brush strokes are an issue that can't be resolved by the above technique.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ZachariasX said:

Question for the pros here: How do you prevent brush strokes when applying a layer with acrylic colors?

 

I used to spray surfaces using the Tamiya colors. That worked well for me until I stopped making plastic models like 20 years ago. Now I'm trying to get my son to do those models (and keep him from electronics), but as having kids spray color around in the house, that is sufficiently anti-marriage of an idea to rule out that procedure. The brush it must be for the time being.

 

But using them as they come, the color is often very thick, and although the color covers well, the result is clearly shows that I'm doing I am not supposed to. Terrible brush strokes. If I dilute the colors such that it doesn't give stokes, it's gotta be me who applies 3th, 4th, and 5th layer of paint. And that is not really the idea.

 

Is there a specific technique other than that?

Take a look at the "Quick kits" youtube channel, it has a bunch of tutorial videos that are not too long and iirc he talks about brush painting.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/30/2020 at 4:03 PM, FMF*BarracudaCZ said:

I will add a video from the complete construction of Pe-2

  

I hate fight against him🤕😰...but your model is so beautiful

Edited by ITAF_Rani
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Painting a few more segments of the Savoia.

sm5507.JPG

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I decided to take a break from Star Wars models (or painting, because they all all build) for now and started working on a new project. 

 

Leopard 2 A-6 in 1/35 from Border Model. 

IMG_1122.thumb.JPG.554ba48e83c5b6298fdab3624c40a8f7.JPG

 

It includes parts for two A-6 and also the A-5 variant. Torsion bar suspension works and is movable, as are the wheels, tracks, barrel and commander periscope. All main hatches can be left open or closed, but there are no crew models included, so i just kept them close. Overall very nice detail and fit is very good. I did not need to do any filling and sanding. I think the primer will take care of the few small gaps that exist on the model (mostly on the hull,  basically not visible).

 

But it was quite a challenge to build for me, because i had no experience with models with individual track links and PE parts. I only managed to finish one track for now and that took me around 2 hours (each track as around 250 parts), but i think the second one will be a bit easier. I also still need to add all clear parts (will paint them first). But apart from that, it's almost finished.

 

The manual is a joke. The kit already includes a single page with corrections of the original manual, but even some of the corrections are incomplete and some steps are really badly illustrated and confusing.

 

Painting the camouflage with the air brush will be interesting.

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Matt said:

I decided to take a break from Star Wars models (or painting, because they all all build) for now and started working on a new project. 

 

Leopard 2 A-6 in 1/35 from Border Model. 

 

 

It includes parts for two A-6 and also the A-5 variant. Torsion bar suspension works and is movable, as are the wheels, tracks, barrel and commander periscope. All main hatches can be left open or closed, but there are no crew models included, so i just kept them close. Overall very nice detail and fit is very good. I did not need to do any filling and sanding. I think the primer will take care of the few small gaps that exist on the model (mostly on the hull,  basically not visible).

 

But it was quite a challenge to build for me, because i had no experience with models with individual track links and PE parts. I only managed to finish one track for now and that took me around 2 hours (each track as around 250 parts), but i think the second one will be a bit easier. I also still need to add all clear parts (will paint them first). But apart from that, it's almost finished.

 

The manual is a joke. The kit already includes a single page with corrections of the original manual, but even some of the corrections are incomplete and some steps are really badly illustrated and confusing.

 

Painting the camouflage with the air brush will be interesting.

Anyone else remember when Tamiya tank kits first hit these shores?, the Japanese translations were terrible and the grammar  also, but was always good for a laugh and their tank kits were so superior to anything we had seen at that time.

 

Good work so far Matt..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the insane amount smoke blowing in off the Pacific originating from the US west, my crappy lungs and I couldn't go outside this weekend....That meant progress on models instead of yard-work.

 

First is is my 1:32 Il-2 cockpit, clear-coated, washed and assembled.

IMG_20200912_162617005.thumb.jpg.1bafe07706f52d35729ba6d98d248ce8.jpgIMG_20200912_162555296.thumb.jpg.8b5102e7c3a8e7fab1b3a896c829f7e5.jpgIMG_20200912_162537043_HDR.thumb.jpg.97caa4c24006a51720da4177ed96c940.jpg

 

Next is some more progress on my 1:200 JU-88. The model didn't include exhaust stacks so I made some out of 0.5mm lead wire that I pressed with the back of a blade to form individual peaks....It's not perfect this scale hides alot of imperfections....like the painting of the canopy frames which I can tell you was a PITA. I'm not really happy with the result there so I think I'm going to tray and improve the canopy frames using washes.....I think the clear could stand to be tinted a bit without ruining the appearance.

 

Next will be washes, some more detail painting and then finally propellers.

IMG_20200913_131631700.thumb.jpg.3b883e0f5344893aac341126b0fc8dc6.jpgIMG_20200913_131538413.thumb.jpg.1a2c7b838883faa77e2c5213045d1511.jpgIMG_20200913_131515470.thumb.jpg.46e65e83fed9674184e263da188bc8c3.jpg

  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taking a break from the Magister.  The blind flying hood is giving me the willies and I need to put it aside and try something else for a bit.

I decided to pick up the Pfalzs again and see if I can nut out the engines.  Soldering up the inner portion of the exhausts using sterling silver wire and sprue shots of a gigantic Wingnut Wings kit as a guide.

 

IMG_9288.thumb.JPG.d582d1e997d11499fd5982aea143d8d4.JPG

 

Edited by Feathered_IV
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did some painting on the Leopard today. I chose light grey primer instead of the usual dark-grey primer, which was stupid. I had to use way more green color as base coat to hide the primer and also couldn't do any shading yet. I also couldn't keep up with the source photos for the camouflage scheme (way too much looking back and forth between model and photo), so i decided to just to get close enough to the original camouflage scheme and either keep it that way or fix it later (probably with brush). The brown on the front of the turret is definately wrong, but i was still using the completely incorrect paint scheme from the manual at that point. Will have to fix that atleast. I'm also not too happy with the green color tone (should probably be a little bit more yellow), but i think i'll use a dust layer to simulate dust and sand and that should help. And all colors will look a bit darker after washes and clear coats.

IMG_1126.thumb.jpg.46fd4bb5be722f1ac7f4601289bd919c.jpg

 

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eduard 1/48th P-51D. Custom made mask.

 

 

1487762598_BWJuneNite1.thumb.jpg.2316e94204ee25dd76bb7a378679105d.jpg

1.1.jpg

Edited by AKA_Big10
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a teenager I made a B25 by using cut out aluminium foil sheets and sticking them on. It looked pretty good but nowhere near as good as that!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AKA_Big10 said:

IMG_20200919_123410052~2.jpg

IMG_20200802_155632233_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200802_155745924_HDR.jpg

I just love that B 26

great job. It is also clear that the top gunner had a awkward posission , that tailfin right in front of him. Well they where not bothered that much by fighters in Europe compared to the heavies

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Val is moving along slowly, re-scribed lost panel lines, finished the cockpit and put the landing gear on:

 

S70M7f0.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another part painted. Lots of touching up to do.
Any tips how to remove fingerprints from a glossy surface apart from wearing gloves? :)

sm5508.JPG

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, STN said:

Another part painted. Lots of touching up to do.
Any tips how to remove fingerprints from a glossy surface apart from wearing gloves? :)

sm5508.JPG


That’s the reddest red that ever redded. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, STN said:

Any tips how to remove fingerprints from a glossy surface apart from wearing gloves? :)

 

 

Depends on what type of paint you are using...alcohol does a great job of cleaning up after greasy fing-ies but will be unkind to an acrylic finish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, 40plus said:

 

Depends on what type of paint you are using...alcohol does a great job of cleaning up after greasy fing-ies but will be unkind to an acrylic finish.

 

Yes, acrylic finish. So nothing aggressive. I thought ZIPPO lighter fluid might do the job, but it does not seem very effective. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mild dish detergent solution and a soft brush

Edited by 40plus
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last job done.

It is the well-known A6M3 type 32 [HAMP] from Tamiya at 1:48 scale.
a mold from the year 1982 that despite being an old mold, has a high quality, a perfect assembly and good detail.

If I have to put a problem, it would be the panel lines, which are positive / embossed, which adds some

Negative paneled work overtime. but all this is a minor problem if we consider that it is the only negative, since

Although its price is very good, in Spain it costs about € 15.00.

 

a bit of History, about the Plane and the Pilot:

 

manufactured by Mitsubishi on June 30, 1942. Painted in the Typical Green Gray "XF-76" color, With black fairing and delivered to the Imperial Japanese Navy IJN as type 0 / A6M3 model 32 with manufacturing number 3030. On the cigar we observe Japanese Cyrillic writing accompanied by the number 872. Meaning: Houkoku Gou (Presentation number to the Navy) Which indicates that it was paid by a group of Japanese civilians for what was designated as "Houkoku Gou 872" that is, it was the A6M 872 paid with civil funds. Assigned to the second Kõkūtai with queue code Q-102. During the summer of 1942 it operated from the Buna Aerodrome in Nueva Guinea. Assigned to PO Pilot Kazuo Tsunoda, on August 26, 1942 he took off to intercept an Enemy Bombardment Attack composed of 14 P-400 Airacobras escorting 7 B-26 Marauders, Kazuo Tsunoda with his A6M3, they closed against the P-400 but the Japanese pilot and his Zero were damaged and were able to land safely. later the plane was left in a state of abandonment. today being the only A6M3 TYPE 32 left and being rebuilt for flight status. The Model: used to Tamiya lace almost to the mm, it is still old, it does not fail, a very good price for a model that if you want to use all your static modeling arts you will achieve exceptional results. the bad. It has to be repaneled in its entirety, as it comes with an engraved or positive panel, on the other hand the mounting system of the cabin is somewhat messy, since you have to decide between placing the antenna mast and the cabin before starting to paint since the interior is in another tone. or not to mount anything and then manage to paint the interior. I chose the most logical one. To paint the interior, attach the antennas and the cockpit. But this decision can be costly during handling in the course of work by breaking the antenna mast. In the end, a great plane with a great story and a happy ending too. since the Pilot who occupies this privileged place KAZUO TSUNODA was born on October 11, 1918 and happily passed away on February 14, 2013. An honor to have managed to finish this shot of this young Pilot.

 

I have had the great fortune of being chosen in a couple of modeling groups on Facebook, as model of the month and in another, selected as model of the day.

I wish you like it, here are the photos of the A6M3

119156138_10218103568564355_6174662529351580560_n.jpg.a11de16beec6b1537274454df697b17d.jpg

 

119233976_10218103563764235_4800317628972430032_n.jpg.e47505031a9dda4eed5366df96daee4a.jpg

 

119234993_10218103563044217_7109588646325791507_n.jpg.d963868cfab75bd8cb7de8d0ecf5915a.jpg

 

119241234_10218103565564280_5737176359261158893_n.jpg.de00f9384f5eb784f46b8ac5d8fa5bef.jpg

 

119241933_10218103566844312_6740757654536754144_n.jpg.279c7727bd0b8f2d8adbfcd0f27e564c.jpg

 

119243965_10218103568004341_4845777702912706923_n.jpg.1e004b428784c4f9da102ce47aca2ec8.jpg

 

119286845_10218103564724259_6181382733020972908_n.jpg.429db1e701b5bd0c20061e9b9460246b.jpg

 

119399299_10218103569124369_4331446692671923442_n.jpg.f393c8f010271b7f4834950d0767f134.jpg

 

119412173_10218103565844287_3525909287168696487_n.jpg.217aa9738c3ec2a6c217749adc43b3f5.jpg

 

119412178_10218104002735209_5944460722326760121_n.jpg.875e7172e4f10a138cad219490a5f14b.jpg

 

119421418_10218103565324274_5610810463796381335_n.jpg.52ff36ff3a30b4fff363552237e739b7.jpg

 

119451195_10218104002135194_5765350784112976217_n.jpg.f11fa89cc1fb66dede65d915a23a279c.jpg

 

I leave here the hidden assembly process, in case someone wants to see some detail.

Revelación

 

118857481_10218035530503446_2106694266904167404_n.jpg.eb1c2ba0ab5aa1a02f4638a3944622ca.jpg

 

118686451_10218035535303566_3180852434472253807_n.thumb.jpg.5a6b63fe92e5a701364ed61cadc1bb76.jpg  

 

118811977_10218035532263490_5400544828926874971_n.jpg.2421c8cdb71ea2ab321d3816fec2f417.jpg

 

118692966_10218035536463595_8807624103467063480_n.jpg.f1985d2ec3ad6617e65dff5b6c7927e9.jpg

 

118701732_10218035538943657_8656612252252225959_n.jpg.5021a4f7ed0f72c67ebc2dc1a89218ea.jpg

 

118728949_10218035530823454_8318549262907853289_n.jpg.63852335a8d014bc307eae9f7f7be007.jpg

 

118762457_10218035531263465_5679415007058011994_n.jpg.2409c2f4f48015ce81b6792c62c920d4.jpg

 

118764825_10218035534303541_2884764089255640083_n.thumb.jpg.81d3fc9ba241fb78d8bd63cfd8e4afd7.jpg118765398_10218035532583498_373233324788791262_n.thumb.jpg.28ac700da6ebebc7903d75aa48bc41c8.jpg118766316_10218035538303641_2991886784566766817_n.thumb.jpg.ca2aeb389895420f69fd2c41c95bc1cc.jpg118770464_10218035537623624_2489457306729286046_n.thumb.jpg.824af36f87d1b50a39902babfb3ab18c.jpg

 

118766791_10218035533943532_4078120266397085638_n.jpg.f6e3f8dd08c9158ec8d107c41d255102.jpg

 

118770470_10218035537303616_2950238267250956590_n.thumb.jpg.c90c9930eeddb7d0ed5587354cf3f285.jpg118771674_10218035536183588_6811036416329774152_n.thumb.jpg.bc7413eafc1b62c3509b82477f0d316b.jpg118773532_10218035535623574_1624816897777237906_n.thumb.jpg.8cc378b8e5e3ab2121abac08a7cde0e4.jpg

 

118795011_10218035538623649_8938763249419455906_n.jpg.c68588a0d59030d86c28fc703509a52a.jpg

 

118980931_10218068411045439_1057747162922596884_n.jpg.1373cd5cbb8775d6edf97ae7429e7d4d.jpg

 

119009743_10218072962279217_7100280865399466234_n.jpg.e3a3b3f7b49c722e19e2178800cc3b61.jpg

 

118890514_10218072963199240_3850262426320795975_n.jpg.b1f7925933a242bf3d577cf3c513839e.jpg

 

119003908_10218072964639276_4888412774972775878_n.jpg.18bec74a6fb955e671a5b4d8ae325f3d.jpg

 

118957660_10218068410405423_4011459000435322161_n.jpg.eeb0d50019ac3e1c36bf0c757d53d41c.jpg

 

118948243_10218068413725506_6679160232489110474_n.jpg.0de5a5a4c420bd1b8f3307b29f4c9abb.jpg

 

 

I hope that some of all this work can help someone.

 

 

Thank you all.
To say that I really like this corner, where we show our love for plastic and the art of turning it into a plane, tank or whatever we like.

 

 

118729396_10218035534903556_9111541612976392162_n.jpg

118770576_10218035536943607_961135797016419998_n.jpg

118775371_10218035531983483_4915358739426282509_n.jpg

 

118784866_10218035534663550_6099355593688941451_n.jpg

118785602_10218035531503471_6013528391083164626_n.jpg

118803768_10218035535863580_5128051873487225995_n.jpg

118820387_10218035537943632_323638145393716139_n.jpg

118949005_10218068414005513_1217021375532124486_n.jpg

118957706_10218068413485500_7735702533849109547_n.jpg

118963672_10218068412445474_1581973408459229893_n.jpg

118965729_10218068410645429_3523485522143188028_n.jpg

 

118998430_10218068409565402_872923109190332445_n.jpg

 

119005561_10218072963759254_1129943129812199328_n.jpg

119006000_10218072962759229_8489451235259547985_n.jpg

119006331_10218072964319268_7514126768241764654_n.jpg

119018956_10218072963999260_4466894256313275194_n.jpg

 

119081629_10218072963479247_8197291314169874298_n.jpg

118777845_10218035536703601_2664220082213489196_n.jpg

Edited by III/JG52_Lothar29
  • Like 12
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic Work everyone,  iv`e been busy that`s why i have not been around for a while... but i have finished my latest project, will put some pics up over the weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I invested in an airbrush and put it to use this week end, I used a super cheap P51 model I found as a test bed before going to the Val:

76pWZIV.jpg

Nothing fancy but I do like to learn new things so I'm having a blast

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Birdman said:

I'm having a blast

 


Sounds like you need to turn the airflow down... geddit?!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Hoots said:


Sounds like you need to turn the airflow down... geddit?!

Hehe 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2020 at 10:40 AM, III/JG52_Lothar29 said:

My last job done.

It is the well-known A6M3 type 32 [HAMP] from Tamiya at 1:48 scale.
a mold from the year 1982 that despite being an old mold, has a high quality, a perfect assembly and good detail.

If I have to put a problem, it would be the panel lines, which are positive / embossed, which adds some

Negative paneled work overtime. but all this is a minor problem if we consider that it is the only negative, since

Although its price is very good, in Spain it costs about € 15.00.

 

a bit of History, about the Plane and the Pilot:

 

manufactured by Mitsubishi on June 30, 1942. Painted in the Typical Green Gray "XF-76" color, With black fairing and delivered to the Imperial Japanese Navy IJN as type 0 / A6M3 model 32 with manufacturing number 3030. On the cigar we observe Japanese Cyrillic writing accompanied by the number 872. Meaning: Houkoku Gou (Presentation number to the Navy) Which indicates that it was paid by a group of Japanese civilians for what was designated as "Houkoku Gou 872" that is, it was the A6M 872 paid with civil funds. Assigned to the second Kõkūtai with queue code Q-102. During the summer of 1942 it operated from the Buna Aerodrome in Nueva Guinea. Assigned to PO Pilot Kazuo Tsunoda, on August 26, 1942 he took off to intercept an Enemy Bombardment Attack composed of 14 P-400 Airacobras escorting 7 B-26 Marauders, Kazuo Tsunoda with his A6M3, they closed against the P-400 but the Japanese pilot and his Zero were damaged and were able to land safely. later the plane was left in a state of abandonment. today being the only A6M3 TYPE 32 left and being rebuilt for flight status. The Model: used to Tamiya lace almost to the mm, it is still old, it does not fail, a very good price for a model that if you want to use all your static modeling arts you will achieve exceptional results. the bad. It has to be repaneled in its entirety, as it comes with an engraved or positive panel, on the other hand the mounting system of the cabin is somewhat messy, since you have to decide between placing the antenna mast and the cabin before starting to paint since the interior is in another tone. or not to mount anything and then manage to paint the interior. I chose the most logical one. To paint the interior, attach the antennas and the cockpit. But this decision can be costly during handling in the course of work by breaking the antenna mast. In the end, a great plane with a great story and a happy ending too. since the Pilot who occupies this privileged place KAZUO TSUNODA was born on October 11, 1918 and happily passed away on February 14, 2013. An honor to have managed to finish this shot of this young Pilot.

 

I have had the great fortune of being chosen in a couple of modeling groups on Facebook, as model of the month and in another, selected as model of the day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Hide contents

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thank you all.
To say that I really like this corner, where we show our love for plastic and the art of turning it into a plane, tank or whatever we like.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Gorgeous work, i love those old Tamiya kits, better than some of the newer more expensive stuff that comes out and more enjoyable to build :)

 

 

 

 

The latest two i just knocked out. The Airfix Gloster Meteor 1/48, terrible nose fitment that meant a bit cut and shutting as well as putty work, sanding and rescribing. Some issues with wing gaps and other minor problems, the biggest being the poor finish of the kit plastic overall, very rough surfaces. Weathering i left down to just pre and post shading, slightly heavy in some areas but i loved the box art and wanted to recreate it and not worry so much about authenticity.

 

 

 

 

 

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Next one, i built alongside the Meteor, was Tamiyas He162. I've never really been a fan but it was under 20 bucks...and it's Tamiya. I mainly did this one to add some detail to the engine via stripped twist ties for shi/s and giggles and see how she would turn out. Nice little fun kit.

 

 

 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

  • Like 13
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hetstaine said:

 

 

Gorgeous work, i love those old Tamiya kits, better than some of the newer more expensive stuff that comes out and more enjoyable to build :)

 

 

 

 

The latest two i just knocked out. The Airfix Gloster Meteor 1/48, terrible nose fitment that meant a bit cut and shutting as well as putty work, sanding and rescribing. Some issues with wing gaps and other minor problems, the biggest being the poor finish of the kit plastic overall, very rough surfaces. Weathering i left down to just pre and post shading, slightly heavy in some areas but i loved the box art and wanted to recreate it and not worry so much about authenticity.

 

 

 

 

 

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Next one, i built alongside the Meteor, was Tamiyas He162. I've never really been a fan but it was under 20 bucks...and it's Tamiya. I mainly did this one to add some detail to the engine via stripped twist ties for shi/s and giggles and see how she would turn out. Nice little fun kit.

 

 

 

 

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

 

very good work, I like how you apply the lights and shadows and your work is very fine. Excellent

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...