voncrapenhauser

Plastic Modelers in the IL-2 Community

All the best from me too VC.  I hope things will be going your way again soon.  

All the best from me, VC. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Posted (edited)

Cheers guys.

Some Progress on another subject.

Dscf2236.jpg

Dscf2238.jpg

JV Resi 3.jpg

Edited by voncrapenhauser
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, voncrapenhauser said:

Some Progress on another subject.

The picture has her holding a hammerless pistol (looks Glock-ish), but the model shows a hammer (looks like a H&K). Maybe.

a chick like that wears the trigger finger the wrong way

that makes her look afraid of her phalic gun :)

Dark blue grey my ass- even the colour scheme in this kit is wrong. This does not look like a French Navy paint at all. I will try and use something else- have to overspray the whole goddamn thing.

lor03.JPG

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

On really close inspection the figure seems to be holding what looks like a H n K ish pistol.      Usually Resident evil guns are remodeled and renamed, ie Jills berretta lookalike is called "Samurai Edge" in earlier Resi games..      All this on a game not even released yet in UK.    But the figure is a mesh from this game Resident evil 3 Nemesis Remake

6 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

The picture has her holding a hammerless pistol (looks Glock-ish), but the model shows a hammer (looks like a H&K). Maybe.

Edited by voncrapenhauser

Speedy recovery Von , did they go through your Arm or Groin , mine was done through the arm , freaked me out when my arm turned black & blue.

19 hours ago, cardboard_killer said:

Yeah the pic is a Glock and the model is an HK USP.

10 hours ago, Buglord said:

Speedy recovery Von , did they go through your Arm or Groin , mine was done through the arm

I always say; The best way to get to my heart is through my groin.

11 hours ago, Buglord said:

Speedy recovery Von , did they go through your Arm or Groin , mine was done through the arm , freaked me out when my arm turned black & blue.

42 minutes ago, Feathered_IV said:

Seemed I was special ....LOL.

I had one on my left arm, one on my right arm, they couldn't reach the blockage so eventually through my right groin.

So to date I have had three stents and a balloon through right groin 12 years ago, 4 angiogram /angioplast procedures in total now two of them back to back operations.

Geez that was to say the least, tiring.

My left arm is still black with bruising Bug, hurts like hell.

But as I say "It could be worse, I might not be here at all"

Looks like a long road to recovery this time around.

Thanks for the concern guys and the jokes Feathered, are always welcome I need some cheering up.

I try and see the upside to all things ,this means more modeling and flight sim time.😀

Close up for the firearms aficionados.

pistol.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, voncrapenhauser said:

Seemed I was special ....LOL.

I had one on my left arm, one on my right arm, they couldn't reach the blockage so eventually through my right groin.

So to date I have had three stents and a balloon through right groin 12 years ago, 4 angiogram /angioplast procedures in total now two of them back to back operations.

Geez that was to say the least, tiring.

My left arm is still black with bruising Bug, hurts like hell.

But as I say "It could be worse, I might not be here at all"

Looks like a long road to recovery this time around.

Thank god for the NHS. Get well soon from a fellow glider pilot. 

On 3/17/2020 at 10:32 AM, Feathered_IV said:

This reminds me of Louie Anderson describing his operation in his Big Baby Boomer stand up. Can't find this particular part right now. But the whole thing is worth watching :)

Think my heart is more stent than heart now. I now count 5 stents plus my tripple bypass 2 and a bit years ago. Ithink the NHS are tired of me now.☝️☝️ Think I need a holiday.  

• Upvote 1

now this looks more like it :)

lor04.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

5 hours ago, voncrapenhauser said:

Think my heart is more stent than heart now. I now count 5 stents plus my tripple bypass 2 and a bit years ago. Ithink the NHS are tired of me now.☝️☝️ Think I need a holiday.  

thats from loving too much

hope you recover the soonest

Well as ive got this condition which von also has today my work (NHS) sent me home for 2 weeks and it may be 3 months before i can go back because of the covid 19, but i have to stay in my house with my tin hat on, full pay thou ;)

i have 20 models in my stash so i wont be bored. 

• Upvote 2

Hawker Typhoon Ib Airfix 1:72 work in progress 

20200319_002251.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Buglord said:

20?! ..... "Hey wife, come here. This guy has 20! I only have six!"

1:32 Rata kit here I come!

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Six.... twenty.... Until this very moment I did not think I need help... professional help....

IMG_1244.JPG

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

once i animated one of my models, its amazing how the random music syncs the images :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

That reminds me of a realy old tv show._.._..Anyone remember Vision On ?......The gallery??

• Upvote 1

This slowly turns out to be one neat looking plane. The outcome depends on the next step.

Wish me luck guys, I am about to try rigging with ''Uschi Van Der Rosten''. I have zero experience and no idea how it is gonna work out.

lor05.JPG

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

11 hours ago, STN said:

This slowly turns out to be one neat looking plane. The outcome depends on the next step.

Wish me luck guys, I am about to try rigging with ''Uschi Van Der Rosten''. I have zero experience and no idea how it is gonna work out.

lor05.JPG

That does look a lovely little aeroplane, looking forward to seeing it in one piece. 

Looking good to me ST.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, Buglord said:

Well as ive got this condition which von also has today my work (NHS) sent me home for 2 weeks and it may be 3 months before i can go back because of the covid 19, but i have to stay in my house with my tin hat on, full pay thou ;)

Yep were both vulnerable mate u Take Care now.

On 3/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, Buglord said:

Well as a self employed professional artist/model maker I work alone anyway, so in one respect having had the household go into isolation because of the virus  hasn't impacted my ability to do my work. However I am seeing exhibitions, trade fairs and conventions being cancelled left right and centre so my ability to attract new work/clients over the next few months has diminished greatly... though hopefully my reputation is such that existing clients will continue to contact me via the internet.

Who knows if the worst comes to the worse and I get with drawl symptoms from model making and miniature sculpture I may end up doing something I've not done in ages and actually make one or two bits for myself just for fun!

Or perhaps if a get a break in my diary I may have time to get back to modding IL-2 which I've not really been able to do so far in 2020.

What is bizzare is how the pandemic driven closure of the schools in the UK is/may affect my wife as a teacher who is still going through her 14days isolation with her cough (though still teaching kids remotely over the internet).The UK government's list of "key workers" whose children are still to be supported at school is so extensive it may not actually remove that many children from school, and whilst everything is a "constantly evolving unknown" at the moment, there's talk of needing to support these key workers so they are free to go to work through the normal school holidays such that my wife's school is making provisional plans for having to have staff in looking after pupils over the usual Easter break.

Everything at the moment reminds me of an old Chinese curse that says "may you live in interesting times!"

Hope everyone and their families gets through this unscathed, both medically in the short term, and economically in the longer run!

HH

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/19/2020 at 1:08 PM, raaaid said:

once i animated one of my models, its amazing how the random music syncs the images :)

That is creepy as hell. I love it!

On 3/19/2020 at 5:08 AM, raaaid said:

That is so bloody creative. Love it! 

On 3/19/2020 at 9:12 AM, STN said:

Six.... twenty.... Until this very moment I did not think I need help... professional help....

IMG_1244.JPG

Two guys need professional help ... and maybe much more ones ...😁

20200320_201057.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm. Well I may only have six in my queue, but at 1:32 they take up almost as much space 😋:drinks:

• Upvote 1

Oh dear.   Adding up mine, there's just over 150 them in the stash. Luckily they are all 1/144 scale though, so they are easier to hide!

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, HappyHaddock said:

Well as a self employed professional artist/model maker I work alone anyway, so in one respect having had the household go into isolation because of the virus  hasn't impacted my ability to do my work. However I am seeing exhibitions, trade fairs and conventions being cancelled left right and centre so my ability to attract new work/clients over the next few months has diminished greatly... though hopefully my reputation is such that existing clients will continue to contact me via the internet.

Who knows if the worst comes to the worse and I get with drawl symptoms from model making and miniature sculpture I may end up doing something I've not done in ages and actually make one or two bits for myself just for fun!

Or perhaps if a get a break in my diary I may have time to get back to modding IL-2 which I've not really been able to do so far in 2020.

What is bizzare is how the pandemic driven closure of the schools in the UK is/may affect my wife as a teacher who is still going through her 14days isolation with her cough (though still teaching kids remotely over the internet).The UK government's list of "key workers" whose children are still to be supported at school is so extensive it may not actually remove that many children from school, and whilst everything is a "constantly evolving unknown" at the moment, there's talk of needing to support these key workers so they are free to go to work through the normal school holidays such that my wife's school is making provisional plans for having to have staff in looking after pupils over the usual Easter break.

Everything at the moment reminds me of an old Chinese curse that says "may you live in interesting times!"

Hope everyone and their families gets through this unscathed, both medically in the short term, and economically in the longer run!

HH

Yes I haven't seen this level of paranoia since the Cuban missle crisis . But for sure social  distnce is only  gonna help beat this. Stay safe  and healthy everone.

Ok, so first plastic model in about 30 years (thank you covid 19) and it was much easier when my eyes worked properly...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

57 minutes ago, Hoots said:

Ok, so first plastic model in about 30 years (thank you covid 19) and it was much easier when my eyes worked properly...

Welcome to the addiction

• Upvote 1

Upper wing attached without too many complications.

But then it started. Are these Uschi rigging lines something for masochists? It took me half an hour to attach the first small line. And I still don´t trust it will stay in its place. Am using quick dry glue, gel. Any tips for working with this products? I saw some videos where the guys basically say how easy it is, but either I am a klutz or ....

lor06.JPG

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Beautiful plane.  Take a deep breath, you almost got it!

11 hours ago, STN said:

Any tips for working with this products?

I don't use it.  However I've heard some people put a tiny dot of superglue gel down where they want the thread  to go.  Then dab the end of the thread with a fine brush loaded with superglue activator before positioning it with tweezers.

Phew. Done. Gotta say, I learned a LOT. The material is very specific to work with and will still require a lot of practice before I master it.

lor07.JPG

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1