Posted (edited)

Has anyone else lost the A-20 bombsight? Went for a flight in TAW earlier and when pressing LShift+V remained in the pilot's seat.. Tried in quick mission,  same result. Tried Pe-2, He-111H-6&16 and Ju-88 and  got a black screen with "waiting for data", when  I pressed Esc the sight appeared under the quit options. Any ideas?

Edited by ilmavoimat

Posted (edited)

No, just tested. All fine

I had other issues yesterday. Check your settings and reboot. That helped me 

flew a. Ju 88 sortie to check my issues earlier today and all fine there too

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte

2 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

No, just tested. All fine

I had other issues yesterday. Check your settings and reboot. That helped me 

flew a. Ju 88 sortie to check my issues earlier today and all fine there too

Cheers, will do. Just waiting for the latest DCS update to download (is that heresy on here??)

10 minutes ago, ilmavoimat said:

Cheers, will do. Just waiting for the latest DCS update to download (is that heresy on here??)

Most of us fiddle with that game.  But we only talk about it in a specific topic. ED is much more strict that way. 

4 hours ago, ilmavoimat said:

Has anyone else lost the A-20 bombsight? Went for a flight in TAW earlier and when pressing LShift+V remained in the pilot's seat.

Did you program [LShift] + [V] in your key mapping? I left it as simply [V] and it works fine. Just checked after today's hot fix.

627183111_Bombsight.thumb.jpg.d09beb704eb9c6905a29fca1a3783b45.jpg

• Upvote 1

No joy. I removed and reinstated the stock keybind just to make sure, restarted Windows and still got the same problem. Keybind just gives black screen and "waiting for data". Pressed Esc with no response then had to go to task manager to shut down. Not very computer savvy so completely baffled!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ilmavoimat said:

No joy. I removed and reinstated the stock keybind just to make sure, restarted Windows and still got the same problem. Keybind just gives black screen and "waiting for data". Pressed Esc with no response then had to go to task manager to shut down. Not very computer savvy so completely baffled!

I experienced the black screen and "waiting for data" IF I unpaused a QMB sortie then immediately pressed [V]. If however I unpaused and allowed the text "You are good to go" to leave the screen THEN pressed [V] it worked normally.

I'll test some more.

[edit] With another Hot Fix, played missions in Havoc Over the Kuban and another A-20 project in the works by Gambit21. The bomb sight is working normally, except for the quick attempt in QMB (before "You are good to go" times out).

Edited by busdriver

56 minutes ago, busdriver said:

and another A-20 project in the works by Gambit21.

You bring great news

3 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

You bring great news

I have many HOURS of flying from Florennes at night during Christmas 1944, around Bastogne and along the Rhine. 

1888750213_Intruder5_02.thumb.jpg.f3150a8f3029ab9ca26baaa251f2cf1a.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, busdriver said:

I have many HOURS of flying from Florennes at night during Christmas 1944, around Bastogne and along the Rhine. 

1888750213_Intruder5_02.thumb.jpg.f3150a8f3029ab9ca26baaa251f2cf1a.jpg

Gambit sure found a great tester. I am a huge fan of Havocs over kuban. I long for the P 47 campaign and now a new Havoc campaign. I really enjoy the A 20

4 hours ago, busdriver said:

I experienced the black screen and "waiting for data" IF I unpaused a QMB sortie then immediately pressed [V]. If however I unpaused and allowed the text "You are good to go" to leave the screen THEN pressed [V] it worked normally.

I'll test some more.

[edit] With another Hot Fix, played missions in Havoc Over the Kuban and another A-20 project in the works by Gambit21. The bomb sight is working normally, except for the quick attempt in QMB (before "You are good to go" times out).     

This is weird! I did what you said and yes, if you wait until "taxi to the runway" fades and then press V it works OK on Heinkels, Ju-88 and Pe2s but not the A-20. I still can't get the bombsight on the Boston. I can't figure why it works all right on the others but not the A-20. ( I've reset all the key strokes to default by the way).

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, ilmavoimat said:

This is weird! I did what you said and yes, if you wait until "taxi to the runway" fades and then press V it works OK on Heinkels, Ju-88 and Pe2s but not the A-20. I still can't get the bombsight on the Boston. I can't figure why it works all right on the others but not the A-20. ( I've reset all the key strokes to default by the way).

A-20's does not work on the ground that I have seen.  Works fine once airborne.

Edited by Plurp

9 hours ago, Plurp said:

A-20's does not work on the ground that I have seen.  Works fine once airborne.

Operator error!! I usually set up the sight en route but I thought I'd do it on the ground before T/O and could see why the sight wouldn't come up. Works OK in all the others on the ground and OK in the A-20 in the air. Anyway, problem solved. Thanks for the tip. Cheers!