dog1

High ping issues how to reduce ?

Recently i am experiencing high ping with combat box server  , the others are fine . I checked google for the usual tips but no improvement , can someone please explain what causes this and how to reduce the ping when its above 300 ? 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dog1 said:

Recently i am experiencing high ping with combat box server  , the others are fine . I checked google for the usual tips but no improvement , can someone please explain what causes this and how to reduce the ping when its above 300 ? 

It's dependent your internet connection. Its affected by routing issues, whether you are on a wireless connection, and distance to the server.It's largely out of your hands. If you have a properly functioning router and a wired connection, there's not much you can do. Even switching internet service providers may not do much since you will be just as far from the server. it might give you a more stable connection and avoid 'spikes' in ping, but if your ping is consistently above 300 then it will be difficult.

Combat Box's server is in New York. Where are you located? You don't have to be super specific if you don't want to.

RED KESTRELL

Hello

I live in Thailand , Bangkok city . My IPS provider is AIS which is a good company . My router is right next to my gamer pc , the connection to PC is by wire . Everybody here is saying the same thing that i need to go talk to AIS and see what they can suggest . On google i see there is talk off more " powerful" routers but apparently very expensive which i would have to pay for and anyway that wont change anything if the signal is the same in IMO . This has started to happen only in the last month or so and i wonder if its not caused by a spike in use due to the Virus and people using online for everything . Until then i'll have to cross my fingers every time i play at Combat box .Thanks for your valuable comments  

10 hours ago, dog1 said:

RED KESTRELL

Hello

I live in Thailand , Bangkok city . My IPS provider is AIS which is a good company . My router is right next to my gamer pc , the connection to PC is by wire . Everybody here is saying the same thing that i need to go talk to AIS and see what they can suggest . On google i see there is talk off more " powerful" routers but apparently very expensive which i would have to pay for and anyway that wont change anything if the signal is the same in IMO . This has started to happen only in the last month or so and i wonder if its not caused by a spike in use due to the Virus and people using online for everything . Until then i'll have to cross my fingers every time i play at Combat box .Thanks for your valuable comments  

Same problem here. I am getting kicked with 135 ms. One week ago I had no problem

10 hours ago, dog1 said:

RED KESTRELL

Hello

I use True with a 100 Mbps connection.   It is not just ping to server - it is everything. Website pages fail to load fully more often than usual, streams that were smooth now have hiccups, even at at 2 am. 

If you do not already you might want to try a VPN - I found it made streaming to certain sites (ahem) much smoother.  Thailand has it's own Great Firewall to catch people talking about royalty, or so they say, this may be on overdrive: or as you say simply due to very high internet demand from everyone trapped at home. 

50 minutes ago, E69_geramos109 said:

Same problem here. I am getting kicked with 135 ms. One week ago I had no problem

I had problems because my internet company had some technical issues

59 minutes ago, unreasonable said:

I use True with a 100 Mbps connection.   It is not just ping to server - it is everything. Website pages fail to load fully more often than usual, streams that were smooth now have hiccups, even at at 2 am. 

If you do not already you might want to try a VPN - I found it made streaming to certain sites (ahem) much smoother.  Thailand has it's own Great Firewall to catch people talking about royalty, or so they say, this may be on overdrive: or as you say simply due to very high internet demand from everyone trapped at home. 

No Idea about how VPN works hehehe