Han

ATI videocard users - please respond

If you're ATI user - please say:

1. Your videocard name,

2. You Driver version

3. Have you this weird graphics issue with opened canopy if you set Anti-Aliasing to 0 and Canopy Reflections Off?

2020_5_26__4_54_16.jpg.927683036a5aeb8d9f123b7ddd0cd642.jpg

1. Your videocard name,

It's a RX 5700 XT

2. You Driver version

3. Have you this weird graphics issue with opened canopy if you set Anti-Aliasing to 0 and Canopy Reflections Off?

Yes. It first didn't appeared but when i switched from the outide to the inside again it was like on this screenshot.

Posted (edited)

1. Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 5700 8GB PCIe 4.0

2. Adrenalin 2020, V20.4.2, Driver V. 26.20.15029.27016

3. I do have the black screen issue pictured as mentioned above... If I go to F2 view and back into the cockpit

4. With those conditions, when I start the mission a also have a flickering circle surrounding the aircraft where trees are not fully rendered.

Cockpit.png.5848d5773aafbc6ab42eae283edc40d0.png

Cockpit2.png.2698ce22d630a50a37dfa6e42b269cae.png

Edited by Jaegermeister

1   Sapphire Radeon RX Vega 64 Nitro+

2   20.4.2 WHQL

3 Yes, after the start of the client, in the first flight everything is fine. In the second flight it is like in the picture.

Posted (edited)

1. Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB.

2. 20.4.2.

3. YES.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12255-graphics-models-and-maps/page/14/?tab=comments#comment-941656

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/12255-graphics-models-and-maps/page/14/?tab=comments#comment-943060

My previous posts. There is no improvement after the last hotfix.

No error occurs after starting the game. Appears after switching to an external view and return to the cockpit (also forced by the game, e.g. after the death of the pilot). After restarting it is ok again.

Edited by =L/R=Rafcio

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard name,

It's a Radeon RX550

2. You Driver version

3. Have you this weird graphics issue with opened canopy if you set Anti-Aliasing to 0 and Canopy Reflections Off?

NO.

Edited by PK_Delta3

1.  RX580

2. 20.4.2

3. No.  No graphic errors since latest hotfix released.

Shown below, canopy open, AA=0, Canopy reflections Off

2020_5_27__16_4_29mp.jpg

Posted (edited)

1. Your video card name tested: Radeon RX 590

2. You Driver version: 26.20.15029.27016 (Released 21/04/2020) Software Version: 20.4.2

3. Have you this weird graphics issue with opened canopy if you set Anti-Aliasing to 0 and Canopy Reflections Off? Yes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Player Action: Canopy was opened & closed again, (see below).

canopyclosed.jpg

*Player Action: Canopy was "opened", (see below)

canopyopened.jpg

*Below: Settings of the above X2 Screen shots.

settings.jpg

Regards

Edited by Boomerang

1. ATI RX 5700 XT 8GB DDR6

2. 20.4.2

3. NO on the winter Stalingrad map winter

3. YES tearing on the summer Rhineland map

image.png.6d3a47f82c74465cba503715f6feec99.png

2 hours ago, Han said:

If you're ATI user - please say:

1. Radeon 5700 XT

2. 20.4.2

No.

2020_5_27__16_56_23.png

Posted (edited)

Rx 480

Driver 20.4.2 ( just updated & used DDU from 19.10.1,which I liked because I could use YCbCr 4:4:4 Pixel Format,cannot on newer driver)

Yes I have canopy problem.

(still left as NO grass ..but does same when on anyhow)

- Added info..since last hotfix (4.006c) cloud blur has gone,FXAA is usable (no apparent problems) but I prefer MSAA as I find it less blurry!

-However with 4x msaa (which I used to use and prefer) I get outlines of wing/plane parts,trees, buildings etc showing through cockpit & wings.NOT NICE!

-With 2x msaa all is pretty good, except I still get black outline around plane (looking internally), externals at 2x msaa show no outline that I can see and all looks good.

Will include pics of ...Canopy prob/4x msaa (two pics)/ and 2x msaa.........In this order from top to bottom.THANKS FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT

0x msaa.jpg

4x msaa 1.jpg

4x msaa.jpg

2x msaa.jpg

Edited by SirFlappy

Screenshots below, (Lapino Summer Map 1942).

*All appears okay with the first loaded game only. When> any map was loaded after this, the weird graphics returned with open air craft canopies and tank hatches.

Seemed load times were faster when all appeared fine, slower when the graphics appeared off?

ccanopy.jpg

ocanopy.jpg

Have you this weird graphics issue with opened canopy if you set Anti-Aliasing to 0 and Canopy Reflections Off?

I had this last night when testing 4.006C but after some testing this morning I can't reproduce it. Weird.

Posted (edited)

Also posted this in test forum.

Radeon RX570, driver 20.2.2

Yes I do have it with both fxaa and msaa with AA set to 0 and cockpit open. Unfortunately did not try with cockpit shut.

Initially all looked normal. Did not occur until I went to F2 outside view then returned to F1 cockpit view with both settings. On selecting mission restart, it happens from the start (no need to F2 view first). Also happened with either msaa or fxaa setting.

Edited by 56RAF_Stickz
correction

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard name,

It's a RX 580

2. You Driver version

3. Have you this weird graphics issue with opened canopy if you set Anti-Aliasing to 0 and Canopy Reflections Off?

Yes. It appeared

WhatsApp Image 2020-05-26 at 19.03.58.jpeg

Edited by PK_Knoke

Posted (edited)

RX580 8GB

I have this issue only if I have selected MSAA and It appears only in Multiplayer server (EU1CGS server with external view, icons on)

So this settings:

Canopy OFF

MSAA set

Antialiasing OFF (I have VR). I have always OFF antialiasing

Mupliplayer server - Yes I have black sky when open cockpit

If I change the MSAA into FXAA (Antialising still OFF) then the sky is OK (blue) even on the multiplayer server.

Canopy reflections seems have no effect.

Only change I noticed when switch msaa or fxaa 

But on the lower I have always antialiasing off.

Note that If I firstly tested in QMB no issue I saw. 

With same settings I play MP server and it appeard. 

If I then go back to the QMB I saw the deffect there as well !

So in MP it activates and then I have it broken also in single player. Till I close the game.

Edited by Sky_Angel-0-
  • Thanks 1

RX Vega64

No issues like shown in OP.

1. RX Vega64

2. 20.2.2

3 Yes, in the first flight everything is fine. In the second flight it is like in the picture.

* Radeon Graphics update test No 2

1. Your video card name, Card tested: Radeon RX 590 8GB,

2. Your Driver version:  Driver Version 20.10.17.01-200525a-355166E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020 (radeon release date 25/05/2020), radeon software version 20.5.1 (2020.0525.1419.25779)

3. Have you this weird graphics issue with opened canopy if you set Anti-Aliasing to 0 and Canopy Reflections Off? No and Yes.

Tested within the QMB:

Test 1) The first loaded game appears okay with the mentioned above settings, even after executing "restart mission".

Test 2) When "finish mission" is executed and the same mission, or another is reloaded/loaded, the weird graphic issues appear again.

Test 3) Exiting the game completely with a game restart; All graphics seem to appear good again, except when Test 2,  (just above), is performed again.

Other: Radeon Driver/software installation, clean install with prompted restart. 

Regards

• Thanks 1

1. Your videocard name,

It's a RX 5700 XT

2. You Driver version

Yes. It first didn't appeared but when i switched from the outside to the inside again it was like on this screenshot.

4. The grass issue has been fixed , but other problems still remain when using MSAA.

2020_05.28-15_36.thumb.png.1bbdf9b6a7cb25159fb1ec268c067800.png

Posted (edited)

RESULTS AFTER 4.006d UPDATE

I did post this in main thread,but was advised to put it here also!

This is on a RX480 8gb card-19.10.1 driver

I did try newest driver in the last few days with previous hot fixes and results were the same.

Reverted to old driver yesterday because it runs all my games very well & and I can use YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel format on my 32" tv,which I use as a display (cannot on newer drivers)

This is the result with 4.006d update....same problems sadly!      4x MSAA/Grass ON normal

yy.jpg

yyy.jpg

Edited by SirFlappy

58 minutes ago, SirFlappy said:

RESULTS AFTER 4.006d UPDATE

yy.jpg

1. Try to reset driver settings to Fabric Defaults

2. Please post a screenshot of your game graphics settings

3. Try to use FXAA anti-aliasing setting

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Han said:

1. Try to reset driver settings to Fabric Defaults

2. Please post a screenshot of your game graphics settings

3. Try to use FXAA anti-aliasing setting

I lost this post so thats why I did not reply ...sorry.

Jason pointed me here.... my mistake!

I did a complete reinstall as someone suggested that would fix the issue but the news is not good.

FXAA works,but as in any game I have tried it on it looks blurry compared to MSAA ( I use a 32" tv as a display)

With AA off the issue is not present.

NO MODS ACTIVATED

Full reinstall of game -results as follows. Game version 4.006d (driver settings factory standard un touched after driver install)

- with old 19.10.1  driver (RX480 8gb card) same problems as old screenshots.

- Very latest 20.5.1 driver (comlpete un install of old driver with DDU) same problems ,screenshot of re-installed game on very latest AMD drivers

I will include screen of my settings also( these settings have given me smooth gameplay for years).......I tried grass on & off no difference..still buggy

PS the 2nd screen is with grass ON.......I tried off also but no help.

I have also put 2 screens of the game in 4x FXAA (latest amd drivers)

The issue is gone ,but as I said to me the game looks shimmery,and not so sharp (this is not apparent in still shots!)

This is an issue with FXAA in general and I do not think in any way a fault of this update.

No aa gives no issues,but of course you see the jaggies,which is not what I want on a large screen (no update probs with no aa though)

- Its solely 4x msaa thats the worst (my favourite mode lol!)

- 2x msaa is usable but a black outline is present,the wing and cockpit anomalies show for a second then go when you pan around.

GOODLUCK sorry to be a pain,but I cant help that.THANKS

DDDDDset.jpg

GGGG.jpg

uuuu.jpg

rfrf.jpg

Edited by SirFlappy

Posted (edited)

Good evening,
Yesterday (in the other thread) I posted a report about the AMD problems. After Jason had posted this one in the update thread So I leave a link to mine from the other thread :) By the way, the mentioned problems are not fixed with Hotfix 4.006e. (To be fair there was nothing about this in the patchnotes). I made a screenshot of my game settings. I hope it helps.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/61739-ati-radeon-troubles-after-4006-update/?do=findComment&comment=946963

Spoiler

I just wanted to share my impressions of the Hotfix 4.006c! First of all many thanks for this fix. The black shadows are now completely eliminated even with the grass switched back on :)  But apparently there is still a kind of flickering. It was (at least not visible from the cockpit, but in the outside view). It looks like certain viewing angles are causing the flickering. I have seen it on several winter and summer maps. I made a few screenshots to illustrate this. However, it is difficult to capture them in a photo, but unfortunately I have no possibility to show them in a video.

Here again my former answers/specs (which have not changed, except for the black flickering)

Reveal hidden contents

1. Your videocard model.

RX 5700 XT

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

I only have this sort of flickering circle below me close to the ground or starting (then it's around my aircraft . Above  like ~ 70 meters I have no issues at all. Here is a screenshot for clarification:

Reveal hidden contents

4. Does FXAA to MSAA swithcing solving this issue for you completely?

Nope

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps?

Nope

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

Nope

1621121025_AMDIssue.thumb.jpg.4ab594e8174aaf35122b168ba4d72009.jpg1217873816_AMDIssue2.thumb.jpg.a69e587454c5d436e2a7c506b096539f.jpg

2102336071_AMDIssue3.thumb.jpg.13faa64b8a5469f0f4d572186ad06372.jpg

Issues.thumb.jpg.7213efff7d651fbb66d41c5669cab8b6.jpg

Edited by 6FG_Big_Al

1 hour ago, SirFlappy said:

I lost this post so thats why I did not reply ...sorry.

Jason pointed me here.... my mistake!

I did a complete reinstall as someone suggested that would fix the issue but the news is not good.

FXAA works,but as in any game I have tried it on it looks blurry compared to MSAA ( I use a 32" tv as a display)

With AA off the issue is not present.

NO MODS ACTIVATED

Full reinstall of game -results as follows. Game version 4.006d (driver settings factory standard un touched after driver install)

- Very latest 20.5.1 driver (comlpete un install of old driver with DDU) same problems ,screenshot of re-installed game on very latest AMD drivers

I will include screen of my settings also( these settings have given me smooth gameplay for years).......I tried grass on & off no difference..still buggy

The issue is gone ,but as I said to me the game looks shimmery,and not so sharp (this is not apparent in still shots!)

This is an issue with FXAA in general and I do not think in any way a fault of this update.

No aa gives no issues,but of course you see the jaggies,which is not what I want on a large screen (no update probs with no aa though)

- 2x msaa is usable but a black outline is present,the wing and cockpit anomalies show for a second then go when you pan around.

GOODLUCK sorry to be a pain,but I cant help that.THANKS

DDDDDset.jpg

GGGG.jpg

uuuu.jpg

rfrf.jpg

SirFlappy

So issue presented only with MSAA for you? FXAA - no "black contours bug" but you just don't like it, right?

So please, use FXAA as a temporary solution. I can't promise anything - ATI haven't shown too much involvement in solving of these troubles, plus it's very hard to fix anything what you can't reproduce by yourself to make tests. But we will look for solutions for such issues further anyway.

1 hour ago, SirFlappy said:

- 2x msaa is usable but a black outline is present,the wing and cockpit anomalies show for a second then go when yo

hi Sirflappy,

I also use 32" tv/monitor (samsung). I have the rx580. Also use old phenom965 cpu so I am far from top of the line.

Whilst had lot of the issues reported for amd cards seen, never seen the problem you are seeing. And on the test version I was also running 19.1 s/w. I did risk update to 20.2 and even roll back to 18.x but never got anything different. I enclose my pretty conservative game setting. The one thing that stands out to me is the dynamic resolution factor. I was not even aware that could be altered (nor what it does). Do not think I have even seen anyone using less than FSD.

I do have poor eyesight so some of the reported issues like grids on mountains (I had to look for 5 minutes and defocus to detect the still of that), highlight round wing dont really bother me (once reported I could detect it) and not even aware of a blue halo being reported. Not saying any of these things are not an issue - bonus for me to be half blind I guess, but I would see that of yours.

I didnt like mine with fxaa and without AA everything looks awful on mine on either selection.

Pretty sure it wont help - but anything is worth a try.

2020_5_20__22_40_50.jpg

Posted (edited)

Hi Han

Yes your right FXAA is ok my end I just dont like FXAA on anything,my choice no issue with it in game ,so you dont have to worry with FXAA as far as I can tell (its just as you say not for me!),no  black contours FINE.

I will actually use 2x msaa till this is sorted,as I like msaa and can live with the black outline around the wings etc,its not that noticable and the game looks ok.....like I said I love the new plane reflections....much better.

The 4x msaa is stuffed my end sadly.

But I can certainly put up with it on 2xmsaa or the FXAA,still a great looking game even with a black outline.

I hope you and the team do solve it or ATI come up with a driver solution,but if that never happens I will still enjoy the game and my next card will be Nvidia !

You have plenty to worry about with the VR issue at present so I will just watch this space......if you cant do anything its not the end of the world.

TAKE CARE m8 thanks from the UK.

8 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

hi Sirflappy,

I also use 32" tv/monitor (samsung). I have the rx580. Also use old phenom965 cpu so I am far from top of the line.

Whilst had lot of the issues reported for amd cards seen, never seen the problem you are seeing. And on the test version I was also running 19.1 s/w. I did risk update to 20.2 and even roll back to 18.x but never got anything different. I enclose my pretty conservative game setting. The one thing that stands out to me is the dynamic resolution factor. I was not even aware that could be altered (nor what it does). Do not think I have even seen anyone using less than FSD.

I do have poor eyesight so some of the reported issues like grids on mountains (I had to look for 5 minutes and defocus to detect the still of that), highlight round wing dont really bother me (once reported I could detect it) and not even aware of a blue halo being reported. Not saying any of these things are not an issue - bonus for me to be half blind I guess, but I would see that of yours.

I didnt like mine with fxaa and without AA everything looks awful on mine on either selection.

Pretty sure it wont help - but anything is worth a try.

2020_5_20__22_40_50.jpg

Thanks for your suggestions I will give your settings a try .

I will report back in time ,maybe not today ....I am about fed up with PCs for today lol! Cheers

5 minutes ago, SirFlappy said:

Hi Han

Yes your right FXAA is ok my end I just dont like FXAA on anything,my choice no issue with it in game ,so you dont have to worry with FXAA as far as I can tell (its just as you say not for me!),no  black contours FINE.

I will actually use 2x msaa till this is sorted,as I like msaa and can live with the black outline around the wings etc,its not that noticable and the game looks ok.....like I said I love the new plane reflections....much better.

The 4x msaa is stuffed my end sadly.

But I can certainly put up with it on 2xmsaa or the FXAA,still a great looking game even with a black outline.

I hope you and the team do solve it or ATI come up with a driver solution,but if that never happens I will still enjoy the game and my next card will be Nvidia !

You have plenty to worry about with the VR issue at present so I will just watch this space......if you cant do anything its not the end of the world.

TAKE CARE m8 thanks from the UK.

Thanks for your suggestions I will give your settings a try .

I will report back in time ,maybe not today ....I am about fed up with PCs for today lol! Cheers

35 minutes ago, Han said:

SirFlappy

So issue presented only with MSAA for you? FXAA - no "black contours bug" but you just don't like it, right?

So please, use FXAA as a temporary solution. I can't promise anything - ATI haven't shown too much involvement in solving of these troubles, plus it's very hard to fix anything what you can't reproduce by yourself to make tests. But we will look for solutions for such issues further anyway.

Edited by SirFlappy

they just released another update to fix vr issues apparently - so possibly its changed anyway (hopefully it just fixes the poor sods like yourself and not swap subset of happy campers to unhappy

GGOd luck enjoy whats left of the sun

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

they just released another update to fix vr issues apparently - so possibly its changed anyway (hopefully it just fixes the poor sods like yourself and not swap subset of happy campers to unhappy

I did try it with the last update,just in case (although it does not mention ATI ,so I was not expecting anything),and its no different.

I will just sit tight for now,I will try what you have though...you never know.

" live in hope and die in despair" as the old saying goes lol!

21 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

As a PS- I can now run YCbCr 4:4:4 pixel format with the new driver (latest),I could not with the drivers after 19.10.1 so thats some good come from all this.

I much prefer this format on my TV ,just looks much better IMHO.

Edited by SirFlappy

Posted (edited)

UPDATE

Tried Stickzs settings exactly as above (apart from I had mirrors off ),

and the results looked good .....apart from the black outline that still remains.

4x msaa with his settings DID NOT produce all the scenery showing through the wings etc.

I will experiment further over the next few days to narrow down which setting eliminated the scenery showing through.

Screenshots of his settings below.

hhh.jpg

hhhh.jpg

Edited by SirFlappy

Dear SirFlappy

"I will experiment further over the next few days to narrow down which setting eliminated the scenery showing through."

This may give us a HUGE help in solving these issues. So please try to narrow down which specific option makes so dramatic change for you in glitches. It would be super-helpful for us.

Posted (edited)

Yes its positive progress I agree. Its getting late for me now and to be honest I am getting tired!

But this is good....so I will check each setting on saturday and find which one stopped it....I will let you know when I find out.

I am working Sat morning so it maybe later in the day....I am as keen as you to get this sorted.....I just want to fly my WW2 birds ,thats all.....PCs eh youve got to love them!!

Edited by SirFlappy

Crossing fingers for your upcoming findings, SirFlappy!

Posted (edited)

Han and Sirflappy

I just turned my dynamic resolution factor to 0.7 (only ever had it set to 1.0) and voila - crap. Sirflappy had his set to 0.6 and presumably copied my settings putting it to 1.0 for it to improve. Setting this DRF to 0.7 gives cockpit view in attachment simply spawning (also included my normal setting anyway) which looks pretty similar to sirflappys problem.

I only tried it with msaa and AA set to 4.

Its 2AM, been 30degC and like all smart old Englishmen I went for a 30mile cycle ride in the midday sun, so not trying more tonight.

hdr0pt7.jpg

2020_5_20__22_40_50.jpg

Edited by 56RAF_Stickz

Posted (edited)

Dynamic Resolution

The game will monitor your FPS, and if it goes down too much, the engine will start to render your game in lower and lower resolution, until your FPS is back up at a reasonable amount.

If game gets really low res it can look bad, and if its doing that , better lower other graphic setting or upgrade the GPU, to get performance you need. If its only doing a small adjustment to smooth FPS it's less noticeable and ok, but if its a lot,  it looks terrible and will impact things like spotting.

I never use that setting, myself. IMHO you are better lowering other settings to get a better minimal FPS and have a consistent resolution and display look.

Consistency of the look in game is far more important.

Especially in a combat sim, this is not an FPS shooter.

Still if its broken then it needs a fix

Edited by =RS=Stix_09

yes never used it myself - and guilty of not trying on test version either. But then, if I dont know what it is, I usually dont play with it cos I dont know what to expect anyway.

But the control and text is misleading anyway, does having it set to 1.0 leave frame rate unaltered or is the other end of the scale. I assume 1.0 means frame rates stay native. My old system pretty much maintains 60fps anyway (more of an issue with time dilation in SP).

Had never seen anyone with it other than 1.0 until seeing sirflappy issues and his at 0.6. So tested it and reported back for him and devs

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Yes it is Dynamic resolution factor.

My settings below -

-with DRF on full no issue ,but black outline (2nd pic)

-DRF set to 0.6 ,all the scenery showing through plane.(1st pic)

Pics below.

JJJ.jpg

jjjj.jpg

jjjjjj.jpg

22 minutes ago, 56RAF_Stickz said:

yes never used it myself - and guilty of not trying on test version either. But then, if I dont know what it is, I usually dont play with it cos I dont know what to expect anyway.

But the control and text is misleading anyway, does having it set to 1.0 leave frame rate unaltered or is the other end of the scale. I assume 1.0 means frame rates stay native. My old system pretty much maintains 60fps anyway (more of an issue with time dilation in SP).

Had never seen anyone with it other than 1.0 until seeing sirflappy issues and his at 0.6. So tested it and reported back for him and devs

Good job you posted your settings yesterday m8!

Edited by SirFlappy