Blitzen

Overloaded internet= slower gameplay?

We have been told that at certain times the very busy internet will slow down access & processes on our PC’s.I wonder if it might also have a negative effect on FPS at certain “busy” internet times of the day while using Steam.Just wondering?

Edited by Blitzen

1 minute ago, PaladinX said:

A busy internet has no effect on the performance of your PC.

Having 10 chrome bars opened does though

9 minutes ago, Sybreed said:

Having 10 chrome bars opened does though

Nothing to do with a "busy" internet.

32 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

We have been told that at certain times the very busy internet will slow down access & processes on our PC’s.I wonder if it might also have a negative effect on FPS at certain “busy” internet times of the day while using Steam.Just wondering?

That first sentence is not technically accurate unless you're running a zero client where your PC is actually part of a server somewhere. I have a bit of experience with zero clients and yeah a busy network connection will cause issues there.

But I would very much doubt that's what your using. Your CPU, RAM and GPU are all local. So no... a busy internet will only affect multiplayer components such as the position of aircraft and other objects. It will now slow down your PC. It will not affect frame rate.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PaladinX said:

Nothing to do with a "busy" internet.

no but you never know, sometimes people might mix the 2.

Can I ask one more question? If I play music that is in a folder on my PC as background like say a movie soundtrack,will that slow down FPS gameplay? I ask because I seem to remember reading somewhere that it you should turn off most applications during gameplay because they could slow things up.Just asking....

When we all owned 386er PCs with 30 Mhz and 2 MB Ram - then yes, playing music was a problem when playing European Air War.

But with 8x 3.6 Ghz, 32 Gigs of ram and SSDs...hmmmm..let me think.....no, no effect on your fps.