E69_geramos109

BEST AA for Spoting?

3 hours ago, JG51_Beazil said:

Well, this is what makes me smile and lol literally about this topic Driftaholic.  You are right about aa  settings and spotting for sure.  I've been reading alot of topics today and I'm starting to mix them up, but I swear I heard someone say in this or another thread something about reshade working in VR!?  (Never did before, so I'm off to explore) but I think I've liked the image qualities I've achieved so far with Geronimo553's suggestions, at least as far as I've got.  Thanks!  Maybe I can get some better colour in my headset this way! Edit:,. It works!  :)

Far as I know reshade will not work for VR users. But if you find a way please let me know.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Geronimo553 said:

Far as I know reshade will not work for VR users

Reshade doesn't work in VR because you can't start the menu in VR. Thanks @E69_geramos109 for ruining the game for VR users. I can't spot nearly as well as 2D users so all the stuff I picked up on sale is just collecting dust on the hard drive. If your intention was to drive people away from this game, I can personally confirm that it's working. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)

Back on the topic of spotting, reshade can definitely improve things when configured correctly.

So it seems the question back to the OP @E69_geramos109 would be, have you tried or are you already using Reshade?

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Defbond said:

Reshade doesn't work in VR because you can't start the menu in VR. Thanks @E69_geramos109 for ruining the game for VR users. I can't spot nearly as well as 2D users so all the stuff I picked up on sale is just collecting dust on the hard drive. If your intention was to drive people away from this game, I can personally confirm that it's working. 

Hey

(69_geramos )did not break reshade or 3dMigoto mod, both interfaces of those programs changed when the dev went to the new rendering engine.

Cant blame him for programing to improve visibility on a system that was having problems that people were complaining about for years.

kind of like blaming the sun for waking you up because you forgot to close the blinds.

Take heart in the fact that your 3dmogoto will be back, may take some time!,  like it took to get VR up and running, but i'm sure someone will find a way to get it back up and running with this new rendering engine. and with that said I'm also sure (some) will use it to a unfair advantage like (some) did in the past. 

Just have one of these ready when the time comes

swifer.jpg

Edited by 69th_Panp

6 hours ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

Back on the topic of spotting, reshade can definitely improve things when configured correctly.

So it seems the question back to the OP @E69_geramos109 would be, have you tried or are you already using Reshade?

I tried reshade sharpen and HDR

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, 69th_Panp said:

Hey

(69_geramos )did not break reshade or 3dMigoto mod, both interfaces of those programs changed when the dev went to the new rendering engine.

Cant blame him for programing to improve visibility on a system that was having problems that people were complaining about for years.

kind of like blaming the sun for waking you up because you forgot to close the blinds.

Yeah

He's real salt of the earth and a pillar of the community, which is why he makes videos like the below...

And then by his own admission tries to use mods like Reshade to improve his own visibility - which don't work with VR and thus, if one doesn't want to be a hypocrite,  fit the definition of an unfair advantage.   Even asking about how to improve visibility after the update comes out that improves visibility.   Oddly enough we don't see him campaigning to ban the Reshade mod!

After seeing the below, I'm with flynvrtd on this one.  Calling him a walking, talking tool flaccid unit is a compliment - personally I think the opposite gender applies, if it weren't such an insult to the ladies.

Very disappointing to see this.

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 6:02 PM, RavN_Sone said:

What he did was pointing out possible exploits with an existing tool, and rightly so, can't argue with that. What you guys are doing is acting childish, offended over spilled milk.

The focus should be on finding a better solution, not stigmatizing.

But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself, maybe I'm forgetting where we all are 😔

No, what he did was to point out VR users as exploiters, he did this multiple times, on multiple platforms. He has been far farther than pointing out people exploiting Migoto in 2D. He was very contempt labelling VR users as "happy to exploit their advantage". So yes, I can very easily argue with his behavior, and I indeed find the first answers absolutely hilarious and to the point.

Edited by kalbuth
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, 69th_Panp said:

Hey

Take heart in the fact that your 3dmogoto will be back, may take some time!,  like it took to get VR up and running, but i'm sure someone will find a way to get it back up and running with this new rendering engine. and with that said I'm also sure (some) will use it to a unfair advantage like (some) did in the past. 

Just have one of these ready when the time comes

swifer.jpg

There was no need for him to post it on three different forums and repost and repost, obsessed with it, this is why is nasty!

Migoto will come back but a very simple version, just a zoom, I actually liked the other features a lot.

You will not be able to adjust color or brightness like a monitor anymore, or have the other features that were immersive, like remove prop (which in real life you dont see the prop and also helped FPS in VR) or remove gunsight which you could do for immersion when going back to base or cruise.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

And then by his own admission tries to use mods like Reshade to improve his own visibility - which don't work with VR and thus, if one doesn't want to be a hypocrite,  fit the definition of an unfair advantage.   Even asking about how to improve visibility after the update comes out that improves visibility.   Oddly enough we don't see him campaigning to ban that mod!

You are wrong. Other user Anaconda Tiesa made other video about reshade. I even appear on this video talking with him. So yes reshade can be used as well with certain filters as an exploit

You are free to post a video about reshade or open a new post on the forum as I did with migoto so if you think so then go. 

Edited by E69_geramos109

I tried fxaa in the game and 2 sample transparency. on the nvidea dashboard. It looks a little better to detect. I followed the discussion about Migoto in the other blocked topic. Thank you Geramos for touching on the subject. I didn't even know that this Mod existed. And don't worry about criticism.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

He's real salt of the earth and a pillar of the community, which is why he makes videos like the below...

Yeah I hope he finds a girlfriend soon

Edited by Nibbio
  • Haha 3

I can start another topic and let this infested topic die. 
I am no fan of inaccurate cheat warnings myself. I believe he will stop this campaign of his seeing the gratitude from this community. 

However I am stuck in this new setting witch have made my experience much more beautiful. And smoother. All this make me suspicious, what am I missing why do I spot easier, the game run smooth with no stutter at even 50 to 60 fps in my Rift S when mates with screen get shimmering in horizon at 4xmssa and I havr none with 2xmssa 

Can I get even better spotting? 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Can I get even better spotting

One way I have the same feeling 

Now I'm playing the FC most - the game/plane is not flying so fast so ,if it was the same for all , it would be enough 

The WW2 plane it could be - if same for all- a really good reason learn the planes profile , also from the six - I have shooting a friendly plane in WOL 

1 hour ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I can start another topic and let this infested topic die. 
I am no fan of inaccurate cheat warnings myself. I believe he will stop this campaign of his seeing the gratitude from this community. 

Please do.   At this point it's not just the inaccurate cheat warnings.   Seeing the above video on geramos' YouTube channel with his sickening parody of IL2 VR users, coupled with his own agreement that Reshade can be exploited, and that he is using it, and doesn't intend to stop, and won't be starting a similar campaign to ban it since (I'm assuming) it would probably have a direct impact his own online successes, is the kind of blind elitist hypocrisy that you can't overcome with the "kill 'em with kindness" approach.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

Please do.   At this point it's not just the inaccurate cheat warnings.   Seeing the above video on geramos' YouTube channel with his sickening parody of IL2 VR users, coupled with his own agreement that Reshade can be exploited, and that he is using it, and doesn't intend to stop, and won't be starting a similar campaign to ban it since (I'm assuming) it would probably have a direct impact his own online successes, is the kind of blind elitist hypocrisy that you can't overcome with the "kill 'em with kindness" approach.  

I do not use any mods myself. I use VR for good or bad. 
I am not able to comprehend peoples obsession on what others do. No matter context. This debate about a zoom mod and tech chat and all other related issues. 
As long as things pass cheat control people should be allowed to do what they want with their own game. And server owners should sort out what allowed on their server. And the rest of us just play. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

18 hours ago, kalbuth said:

No, what he did was to point out VR users as exploiters, he did this multiple times, on multiple platforms. He has been far farther than pointing out people exploiting Migoto in 2D. He was very contempt labelling VR users as "happy to exploit their advantage". So yes, I can very easily argue with his behavior, and I indeed find the first answers absolutely hilarious and to the point.

You appear to have a short memory.  Allow me to bring you up to speed on our resident watchdog on cheating, etiquette and fair play.

I don't know this MOD Migoto and I don't know what it's like to fly with him in VR. Soon there will be a new version of migoto with a little less resources. The question is: why modify the Migoto if it did not offer anyone an advantage? But this is for another topic

• Like 1

I really wish the developers instead of locking threads come up with a real solution because the VR comunity is not happy....we should not be handicapped.... In just a year purchased all maps to help support this game...and since I play only in VR now I feel let down...I can not ID any planes util they are right there shooting at me....the way the native vr zoom works its only good for nearby and instruments...We need the mod or an improvement...this will not go away just deleting threads and comments

On 5/24/2020 at 3:36 PM, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

A stunningly accurate reenactment of that thread yes. I watched this three times on low volume laughing. lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Geronimo553 said:

A stunningly accurate reenactment of that thread yes. I watched this three times on low volume laughing. lol

I always assumed you were a bit older than 12 ....