Sign in to follow this  
pennardPetervicar

Mision Log error

At the end of a Mission in PWCG in Flying Circus I am getting a Mission Log Error message..how do I change that or overcome it.

Slowly but surely coming to terms with mods and flight sims again...many years absent from this field

Thanks for all the help on the previous install issue.

Is this the first PWCG mission?  PWCG needs mission log files created in the game - you have to enable this in your startup.cfg file in the data folder. Then I think you will have to start your career again.

It is just a text file - go down to the section that says "key=system" - there should be a line that says      mission_text_log = 1

If it is set to 0 change to 1 and save. If missing altogether add the line to that section and save.

Whenever you play a mission in the game (PWCG or anything else) mission text files will be created in your data folder - PWCG uses these to update your career.  They do not go away by themselves: you can delete loads of them from time to time if they get annoying.  

Edited by unreasonable

Thanks.

I think I will have to restart the campaign as possibly I did not make that change

Flying Circus Mod working well downloaded into my steam file steam apps and with the Java runtime installed as well as an app.

However when I run the BOS original PWCG I am requested to download a Java run time 64 bit as I have already done for FC

Does this need a separate download and into which file should it go??

Thanks again for the help.

Now that I do not know as I do not have PWCG currently installed so I am not sure what folder structure it creates.  Try finding the location of the Java you downloaded for FC and see if there is a similar folder for BOS.

Or check for installation tips in one of the PWCG specific threads - under the forum section "3rd Part apps, utilities, tools etc"