Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

I think you misunderstand me. I'm saying that I'm certain a solution is in the works.  Causing a heated debate over this all over again may jeopardize that. 

 

It's for this reason that I would urge everyone with half a brain cell to read between the lines, and if they are a VR enthusiast, stop feeding the trolls in these threads. Just stop.

 

(Not looking at you, Wulfe, but others in this thread)

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, SCG_Wulfe said:

Things will be fair again for VR players in the near future. This argument needs to stay off the forums though. 

The only reason I think this topic is still on the forums is because it hasn’t specifically been stated that lack of a decent native VR zoom will be addressed to bring parity to Flatscreen and VR. We’ve been told that ‘we’re aware’ but ‘it’s hard’.

 

that doesn’t say to me that ‘We’ve heard you, you’re unhappy, we get it, we’ll address it ASAP’
 

Sometimes I find it’s better to leave no room for imagination/misunderstanding or reading between the lines....
 

I’m hoping that this gap gets addressed pdq 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

 

Sharpe, those numbers were all taken by polling on GA or Airliner sim forums and groups. If you look at the numbers they polled, 80% of them never fly combat sims. VR doesn't make a ton of sense when you're fiddling knobs in a 737 at altitude.   On informal polls here and on ED's forums we have seen the numbers look higher then 12%.  Closer to 20-30%.   

 

TL;DR - Saying 12% is not exactly true as it does not represent this community.

It would be neat if 1CGS actually collected the data and posted it but I don't know if they do or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic, you boys know better than to get this thread locked (took me 3 locked threads to give up myself).

 

A question for the masses:  Is 2x MSAA better than 4x FXAA?

 

I'm running a 9700k at 5.15 ghz, 2080ti and 32gb 3000 ram.  If I can't run 4x MSAA then hardly anybody can! Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

A question for the masses:  Is 2x MSAA better than 4x FXAA?

 

For performance? No.

For appearance? Yes.

For spotting? Yes?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

 

For performance? No.

For appearance? Yes.

For spotting? Yes?

This might  be a stupid question

is 4x msaa better for all this than 2x msaa

I haven't the faintest idea what this is or does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

will MSAA work at all or well with a 1080Ti or do you need a 20 series  ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, J5_HellCat_ said:

will MSAA work at all or well with a 1080Ti or do you need a 20 series  ?

I'm not sure, but I'll provide you with my settings now, and you saw my specs above.  I'm running 2x MSAA on Balanced settings with the rest of Wulfe's startup.cfg recommendations.  Im still getting some reproduction in some areas.  My guess is that 1080ti users will want to stick with FXAA until there's further optimization.

31 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

This might  be a stupid question

is 4x msaa better for all this than 2x msaa

I haven't the faintest idea what this is or does

yes, but I don't think any VR users will be able to use it without significant sacrifice to the rest of settings, if at all.

Edited by =BES=Senor_Jefe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

yes, but I don't think any VR users will be able to use it without significant sacrifice to the rest of settings, if at all.

I have Rift S and use Msaa on 4 itr run smooth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I have Rift S and use Msaa on 4 itr run smooth

With reprojection on, right? Can't imagine you're getting 90fps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I myself find 2x MSAA to look pretty good and help keep performance up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

With reprojection on, right? Can't imagine you're getting 90fps.

Wow sorry checked again it is in MSAA two.  
I tested it on 1 and found reflection on windows to be more clear but the landscape to be brighter. 
can someone with a 1080 screenshoot their ingame settings please? I get easily confused by this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, [CPT]HawkeyeP said:

 

Sharpe, those numbers were all taken by polling on GA or Airliner sim forums and groups. If you look at the numbers they polled, 80% of them never fly combat sims. VR doesn't make a ton of sense when you're fiddling knobs in a 737 at altitude.   On informal polls here and on ED's forums we have seen the numbers look higher then 12%.  Closer to 20-30%.   

 

TL;DR - Saying 12% is not exactly true as it does not represent this community.

It would be neat if 1CGS actually collected the data and posted it but I don't know if they do or not.

Sure. That’s the only wider survey I’ve seen related to flight sims though. Forum polls don’t sample enough people and skew towards enthusiasts so for any subject they aren’t too valid. If you did a forum poll on HOTAS or triple screen owners that number wouldn’t be representative of players as a whole.   
And the 80% playing civ sims vs combat I think reflects the market as a whole, not the survey. Civ flight sims are very much more popular than combat flight sims. 

Edited by SharpeXB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I really wish the developers instead of locking threads come up with a real solution because the VR comunity is not happy....we should not be handicapped.... In just a year I purchased all maps to help support this game...and since I play only in VR now I feel let down...I can not ID any planes util they are right there shooting at me....the way the native vr zoom works its only good for nearby and instruments...We need the mod or an improvement...this will not go away just deleting threads and comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, =OPFR=Glez said:

 I really wish the developers instead of locking threads come up with a real solution because the VR comunity is not happy....we should not be handicapped.... In just a year I purchased all maps to help support this game...and since I play only in VR now I feel let down...I can not ID any planes util they are right there shooting at me....the way the native vr zoom works its only good for nearby and instruments...We need the mod or an improvement...this will not go away just deleting threads and comments

 

It is not all the VR community that is not happy. MP obviously are not and they are quite well aware of why.

Give them some time , they will get it worked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...