Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Don't have the patch yet myself but in the update thread another user said that those options are now in the realism settings as as "Info feed" and "Handling tips". 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ema33ig said:

Hi,

 

i have always played in the MP, without technochat, where did the separate deactivation go?

Now you can only play without it if server have it turned off, if server have it on you cant just turn tech chat messages off like before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CountZero said:

Now you can only play without it if server have it turned off, if server have it on you cant just turn tech chat messages off like before.

Wtf

now I am against it. I really dislike having it on

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Wtf

now I am against it. I really dislike having it on

You can always just play on all thouse packed servers with tech chat off , no ned to play on servers with that option on.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CountZero said:

Now you can only play without it if server have it turned off, if server have it on you cant just turn tech chat messages off like before.

 

you can always turn the HUD off. can't you?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I took a P-38 up on Combatbox to test things out.  I was flying straight and level, trying to figure out how to stop the hud nagging me to adjust my fuel mixture, when I suddenly got a new message saying my port engine had suffered a coolant failure.  
 

I was puzzled by this and was looking at the engine as I pondered the relationship between fuel and coolant systems, when suddenly the wing fell off.  In the space where the wing used to be I saw a nearby flak burst.  
 

This told me two things.  One, the compulsory tech help is bloody annoying.  And second, I’ve lost my hit-sounds...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, CountZero said:

You can always just play on all thouse packed servers with tech chat off , no ned to play on servers with that option on.

It is all a war for you. Unlike you I can live with tech chat on or off. But I think at least having it off should be a option

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SAG said:

 

you can always turn the HUD off. can't you?

Yes but i dnt think thats what full real crowd wonts, only full real in some aspects is welcomed, where better equipment helps, removing messages from server cant be both by more hotas and levers and so on... full real just when advantages can be buy.

 

3 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

It is all a war for you. Unlike you I can live with tech chat on or off. But I think at least having it off should be a option

They got what they wanted, they can make their servers with just Info Feed turn off, so all full real tech chat guys can play on eaqal terms and shoot each other, whats stoping them, and game even now stops them from playing on tech chat on servers as unlike before they cant intentionaly putt them self in disadvantage position and then blaim that for poor play, oh other guy shoot me down because he used hud and i didnt, now game stops them from hurting them self and forces them to play on eaqal terms on their own server. I saw they finaly get fredom they deserve, why not use them, where are tech off servers and players who play on tech off ? 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CountZero said:

They got what they wanted, they can make their servers with just Info Feed turn off, so all full real tech chat guys can play on eaqal terms and shoot each other, whats stoping them, and game even now stops them from playing on tech chat on servers as unlike before they cant intentionaly putt them self in disadvantage position and then blaim that for poor play, oh other guy shoot me down because he used hud and i didnt, now game stops them from hurting them self and forces them to play on eaqal terms on their own server. I saw they finaly get fredom they deserve, why not use them, where are tech off servers and players who play on tech off ? 

I dont really care about tech chat , I liked it when it was player option. 
problem here is the attitude you show. 
Them or us , that bring on a even more devided mp environment that really do not need to be there. 
If there came a early to midwar server without tech chat I would choose it. 
But I would choose it if it had tech chat too, simply because I personally do like early war better. Putting preferences based on principals just do not help anyone but that is a situation too common in this community. Some VR users proclaim on FAcebook they wont fly because they cannot use a zoom mod. 
Another get problems with his amd gou and will take a break for 3 years. It start to be more a drama class more than a sim community

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CountZero said:

Yes but i dnt think thats what full real crowd wonts, only full real in some aspects is welcomed, where better equipment helps, removing messages from server cant be both by more hotas and levers and so on... full real just when advantages can be buy.

 

They got what they wanted, they can make their servers with just Info Feed turn off, so all full real tech chat guys can play on eaqal terms and shoot each other, whats stoping them, and game even now stops them from playing on tech chat on servers as unlike before they cant intentionaly putt them self in disadvantage position and then blaim that for poor play, oh other guy shoot me down because he used hud and i didnt, now game stops them from hurting them self and forces them to play on eaqal terms on their own server. I saw they finaly get fredom they deserve, why not use them, where are tech off servers and players who play on tech off ? 

 

Give it a bloody rest, why don't you? You've been banging on and on about this since the change was announced and it's achieving nothing except that the chips on your shoulders are getting bigger and bigger. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 216th_Cat said:

 

Give it a bloody rest, why don't you? You've been banging on and on about this since the change was announced and it's achieving nothing except that the chips on your shoulders are getting bigger and bigger. 

And they didnt even fix bug with tech chat messages related to recharg or expired timers 🤣

 

checked MP lobby, 0 Tech chat off servers still...

Edited by CountZero
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CountZero said:

Yes but i dnt think thats what full real crowd wonts, only full real in some aspects is welcomed, where better equipment helps, removing messages from server cant be both by more hotas and levers and so on... full real just when advantages can be buy.

 

I sincerely don't understand this reply.

 

can someone please explain? because the current discussion has me a bit lost.

 

Pre-Patch: HUD and Tecnochat where player controllable.

 

Post-Patch: Players can turn off HUD if they don't want it (i tried this in TAW and Combat box and it worked) but they can't turn it on if the server doesn't want  you to.

 

Is this correct?

 

BTW I just learned from reading this thread that messages regarding engine timers were a thing 😄

Edited by SAG
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CountZero said:

checked MP lobby, 0 Tech chat off servers still...

 

Now you've lost me.

Firstly, how can you tell?

Secondly, what exactly is your point here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

Comment from the uninformed:b I've noticed comments regarding servers turning this feature on next map.  Maybe they can't in the middle of current campaigns, CountZero.  Just a thought.

 

As a server admin, it can be turned on or off every time a map is loaded. TAW want to complete their current campaign first, that's all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Count zero got a war against servers without tch chat. He is now on the winning team. ACG guys will not have tech chat. They are enough people to fill a server and care shit about such silly political nonsense. I am out of this crap discussion. Why use so much energy ob servers he not going to play in anyway. 
We play in this game. Get it?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Count zero got a war against servers without tch chat. He is now on the winning team. ACG guys will not have tech chat. They are enough people to fill a server and care shit about such silly political nonsense. I am out of this crap discussion. Why use so much energy ob servers he not going to play in anyway. 
We play in this game. Get it?

Got it.  Which is why despite my tendancy to stick my nose sometimes where it doesn't belong, sometimes I'll say something; not negative - just that for whatever reason beyond my understanding - some haven't done that yet.  It was my (bad) guess as to why.

It's not important to me, and not you either, but for some folks it's an important part for them.  If a bunch of pilots want to fly on a server together with tech chat off or on why should we care?  Choice is good.  And sometimes server admins make decisions based on the collective interests of thier respective crowds.  I think this might be one of those choices.  At least in the case of TAW as Talon pointed out.

S! bud!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 1:15 AM, CountZero said:

Now you can only play without it if server have it turned off, if server have it on you cant just turn tech chat messages off like before.

 

Fixed in the latest hotfix patch.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually thought this thread might be about the fact Technochat no longer annunciates the current engine mode properly any more - am only seeing the 'Continuous' message now, no 'Boost' mode or anything.

 

Insofar as using Technochat - is much better after modding out the cartoon icons and deleting 90% of the unnecessary information...and renaming 'first engine' to '#1 engine' etc.

Who uses first engine and second engine? - they are called #1 & #2 engines etc...

Edited by VampireNZ
Edit
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, VampireNZ said:

I actually thought this thread might be about the fact Technochat no longer annunciates the current engine mode properly any more - am only seeing the 'Continuous' message now, no 'Boost' mode or anything.

 

Insofar as using Technochat - is much better after modding out the cartoon icons and deleting 90% of the unnecessary information...and renaming 'first engine' to '#1 engine' etc.

Who uses first engine and second engine? - they are called #1 & #2 engines etc...

I think its buggy, sometimes it does tell you if you are in boost, and sometimes it doesn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Retrofly said:

I think its buggy, sometimes it does tell you if you are in boost, and sometimes it doesn't.

Just tried again after the latest hotfix patch and am seeing much better indications now of engine mode changes. 👌

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, ROTER_BART said:

 

Fixed in the latest hotfix patch.

 

oh man now all thouse tech chat off guys will come back to play with tech chat on, how on earth will we have tech chat off only servers now :) 

Good thing they fix this so fast, didnt expect it.

 

 

17 hours ago, ACG_Vietkong said:

Don´t worry. Next TAW edition, its coming😘

I doubt it, there is already to many benefits for axis there, no need to decrise player base even more.

 

Only guys i see using tech chat off in serious way is for ACG campaign online missions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, CountZero said:

Will see , my bet is it will be on in no time :)

No it wont. Most pdople there wont have it on in the first place. Now I can switch it off 

as I please and everyone is happy, right?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoy the extra challenge, so I fly with tec-chat off. If i didn't, I wouldn't fly TAW. I'm sure many people feel the same. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SAG said:

I enjoy the extra challenge, so I fly with tec-chat off. If i didn't, I wouldn't fly TAW. I'm sure many people feel the same. 

You wont regret it. Truth is you will in no way feel inferior nor worst off without it. 
I use tech chat in some situations. 
But for flying never, you start to listen on the engine you pay attention. Tech chat make it more a video game without it you feel much more a pilot. 
it bring another dimension to it. And you will after a short while see that it is no advantage having it when used to a plane

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ACG_Onebad said:

 

Have you ever tried flying without it?

An 11 year old on crack could do it and never break an engine.

 😄  yes i tryed it and i dont like it, i like my info feed, in clod i like to plaay with nothing at all as engine menagment there looks more natural, here it dosent.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...