Han

ATI Radeon troubles after 4.006 update

On 5/20/2020 at 4:27 PM, Han said:

Dear customers,

After recent 4.006 release we have realized that ATI customers have some kind of general issues with graphics glitches.

Due to covid-19 lock-down we have limited abilities for wide-row testing on different videocards, but at the moment it looks like issue is appers only for ATI Radeon videocars and not for NVidia and Intel.

So only way for us is to conact with ATI support for solution. To do that we need to collect data from our costomers - which cases you have.

So please, if you have RADEON than post here:

1. Your videocard model.

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

4. Does FXAA to MSAA swithcing solving this issue for you completely?

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps?

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

We hope to find the solution soon. Your help may significantly enhance this process.

2020_5_20__6_8_52.jpg.50b2112702daca14d7ba803e2898812b.jpg

image_2020_05_19T23_36_04_563Z.png

image_2020_05_20T11_10_52_036Z.png

image_2020_05_20T11_39_54_591Z.png

image_2020_05_20T13_56_30_163Z.png

загружено.jpg

1.My video card is: Radeon RX 580 Series (exactly: MSI Radeon RX 580 ARMOR OC 8GB GDDR5)

2.Driver version: 24.20.11030.0

3. Yes, very simmilar

4.It doesn't solve the problem at all

5.Didn't tried it, but driver manager says I there were no driver updates from the time I bought the card (so no)

6.I don't use mods.

Screenshot of the graphical glitch:

bug.png

I vote some of these screen shots to a blooper hall of fame thread.  It would be fun to look back on some of the old ones too just for nostalgia.  For example, the contrast between what is bugged and what is rendered well in the p38 shot just might become my next desktop.  :)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ShartCarbuncle said:

Smell you later, grass! 

Now if we could just get a Mower Mod to cut that grass.  It would have to be powerful though since the grass can grow right through wings.😁

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ian_cf-18 said:

Bruce,

I reported the same black outline as you but I noticed that few people do. One thing that I noticed is that both of us are not using the latest driver. I believe 20.4.2 is available, so I will try to update that tonight and report back if it helps. 

Ian

I am on 20.4.2 and I also noticed the black outlines.  It was so subtle I didn't see it for a while, but it's definitely there.

4 hours ago, 352ndOscar said:

So, after the update from last night, what exactly was supposed to happen?  I ran the sim, but saw no change.  Tested FXAA - still dorked.  Changed various other settings.  Best so far is 2xMSAA and I still have flashing ground textures.  And, dumb question, but where can I view the version number in-game?

The version number is in the lower right hand corner of the hangar screen after you log into the game.  Cheers!

1. Your video card model.      RX Vega 64

2. Your Driver Version.    20.2.2

3.  Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not.    No

4.  Does FXAA to MSAA swithcing solving this issue for you completely.    No

5.  Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that help.    No

6.  If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off help.  No

So this is interesting; this evening I now notice the flickering pixelation on my aircraft texture, the ground, and on the instrument panel in the cockpit.  It's very light in most cases and easy to miss unless the game is paused, so I don't know if it was always there and I didn't notice the past few sessions I've played since the update?  Anyway, wanted to add the data point. 

Cheers!

1 Your videocard model.

Sapphire RX590 Nitro

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

Yes    Ground and Shadow Flickering Below 300Ft

No    MSAA Best

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps?

No

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

None Used

Update: Turning off grass works for most maps (although the trees still look a bit funny). However, the black flickering terrain still exists at low altitude in the Rhineland winter map.

• Thanks 1

image.thumb.png.e414a155b6573224ee9731fb03787c0a.png

This is the setting working best for me so far.

Still some flickering in the cockpit but bearable

Not tested in all conditions though, just quick on a good weather summer map

Edited by 4SCT_CR42Falco
Update

1. RX 5700 XT
2. 19.9.2
3. I see a ground flickering around the parked or taxiing aircraft and when flying in low altitude. I have no other graphics issues.
4. FXAA to MSAA switching doesn't help, but switching grass quality to Off removes the flickering.
5. Not tested.
6. I don't use any graphics mod.

1 Your videocard model.

Asus Strix RX Vega 64

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

Yes    (see first attached screenshot)

Yes, it appears to (see second attached screenshot)

Edit: nope, still got some ground artefacts like everyone else, it seems 🙁

N/A

None Used

2020_5_22__12_34_36.jpg

2020_5_23__8_21_46.jpg

Edited by TargetDrogue
Updated with new info

1. Your videocard model.  Radeon RX-590 Series

2. Your driver version. 20.4.2

3. Have you artifacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!). Yes

4. Does FXAA to MSAA switching solving this issue for you completely? No.

*Should Question 5 was asked before Question 4? As Grass Quality is set Off by clicking defaults within the graphic settings.

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps?  NO.

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you? No other mods used.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below: X2 Screen shots, after game and graphics card software/drivers were updated, (SSAO FXAA Grass Quality On).

2020_5_22__10_2_17.jpg

2020_5_22__10_25_14.jpg

Screenshots after: FXAA switched to MSSA. (Grass Quality Enabled)

2020_5_23__6_8_32.jpg

Below Screenshots of all changed settings within the game and radeon software.

With MSSA enabled & Grass Quality disabled, this seemed to remove the glitching and black ground artifacts, even flying low on the deck.

2020_5_23__6_23_58.jpg

2020_5_23__10_16_57.jpg

Edited by Boomerang
Spelling and other stuff ups!

1. Your videocard model.

RX 5700XT    

2. Your driver version.

Heavy z-fighting of the grass-layer when close to the ground. It is like a wave that moves with the plane but only at landing on grass at max setting and when plane is moving. Strange but can live with it, normaly I land only once per mission.

4. Does FXAA to MSAA switching solving this issue for you completely?

No impact with FXAA or MSAA

Default driver game profile and settings allready nothing did change.

No mods with the exeption of personal 4k skins and cockpits photos.

1. Your video card model.      AMD Radeon R9 200 Serie

2. Your Driver Version.    20.2.2

3.  Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not.    Yes

4.  Does FXAA to MSAA swithcing solving this issue for you completely. No   
With FXAA there is a constant pixel flickering in the cockpit surface
MSAA is better, but there are still artefacs (black lines) in the landscape at the ground or low flight level. My problems are the same like in the post from "Boomerang" (see his pictures) obove here.

5.  Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that help.    No

6.  If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off help.  No

Edited by Nicekraut

On 5/22/2020 at 8:47 AM, Ian_cf-18 said:

Bruce,

I reported the same black outline as you but I noticed that few people do. One thing that I noticed is that both of us are not using the latest driver. I believe 20.4.2 is available, so I will try to update that tonight and report back if it helps. 

Ian

My game wont even work with 20.4.2 experimental

I just noticed this glitch on Kuban, you can see geometry on mountains.. 

20200522232514_1.jpg

2 hours ago, mrBruce2 said:

My game wont even work with 20.4.2 experimental

I just noticed this glitch on Kuban, you can see geometry on mountains.. 

20200522232514_1.jpg

I reported this a long time ago (before this update), I think its a radeon issue.

Hoping it gets sorted one day!!

Edited by SirFlappy

So, I did all the work arounds, including zeroed out the grass, and it's still (mostly) usable (of course, we're still missing whatever updates like cockpit reflections).  There is still some double vision on moving targets that is especially visible when playing back a recorded flight. And, also, it seemed to have filled the 109G6 with boulders.  This photo is the Yak9T 37mm hitting the tail section of a 109G.  Byproduct do you suppose, as it's unable to render shrapnel accurately?  I've never seen this effect in an explosion before.

109 boulders.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ChuckBarney said:

So, I did all the work arounds, including zeroed out the grass, and it's still (mostly) usable (of course, we're still missing whatever updates like cockpit reflections).  There is still some double vision on moving targets that is especially visible when playing back a recorded flight. And, also, it seemed to have filled the 109G6 with boulders.  This photo is the Yak9T 37mm hitting the tail section of a 109G.  Byproduct do you suppose, as it's unable to render shrapnel accurately?  I've never seen this effect in an explosion before.

we didn't do it on purpose))) do you have any tracks left with this effect?

I did another test today using the Radeon RX-590 Series graphics card.

* Test was within the radeon software settings, (version 20.4.2).

Tested > Anti-Aliasing was switched to another setting other than > use application settings. The visual glitching was much worse and needed to be set back to > use application settings to remove the visual glitching also.

I hope this assists in some way?

Regards

• Thanks 1

1. Your videocard model.

msi rx 570 8g

2. Your driver version.

have trouble and error image

no

no any help to cause the image correct

no

so this post won't follow the format but I believe there is another interesting and related bug with AMD cards/drivers at the moment. 

Before the latest IL2 update, I could activate the performance metrics OSD. Now it seems that Adrenaline is not recognising IL2 as a game anymore, and can't display the metrics while running IL2. 

At random times, my fan will go berserk for a few seconds, as though I have hit some crazy high temperature. By tabbing out to view the metrics, I can see that temperature is being reported as a crazy high number then dropping instantly back to a more normal temp. I'm sure its a glitch and not the actual temperate reading as it spikes instantly then drops instantly.

I suspect there is a major incompatibility with adrenaline drivers at the moment. These types of issues where present before, the latest few adrenaline versions fixed this with IL2 but this update has brought it back. Therefore I can assume its something that needs tweaking on AMD's end with an update that addresses this issue with IL2

1. Videocard model: Graphics Chipset Radeon(TM) RX 460 Graphics

2. Driver version: Driver Packaging Version - 19.20-190816a-346830C, 2D Driver Version 8.1.1.1634, Direct3D® Version 9.14.10.01399, OpenGL® Version 26.20.11000.13559, AMD Audio Driver Version 10.0.0.3, Vulkan™ Driver Version 2.0.91, Vulkan™ API Version1.1.108

3. Artefacts like on attached screenshots or not: Large block pixilation on outside aircraft and from inside cockpit .  

4. AA switching solving this issue for you completely: No

5. Driver settings reset to Factory settings help: No

6. Using some kind of graphics mods: N

Edited by Prowler4Gazza7372

After the 4.006 update that caused a lot of flashing to appear, the first thing I did was update the graphics drivers to 20.2.2.

This did nothing at all and proceeded to update the drivers to 20.4.2  this did nothing either.

Then I played about with the frame rates and found that by lowering the frame rate to  '50'   it made a considerable difference and changed FXAA to MSAA  this eliminated it completely.

My gripe here is that no update should ever be issued unless it's thoroughly tested on all platforms.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Do you mean the in-game flight record? I do still have that. And I’m sure it wasn’t done on purpose. That would be self defeating!

1 hour ago, Roostermaycol470 said:

...no update should ever be issued unless it's thoroughly tested on all platforms

While I wholeheartedly agree I am not a member of a tiny development team not funded by a multi-national mega game producer working with a very complex game engine and producing game improvements for free to it's customers. 

And before you write me off as one of the "lucky ones" or some kind of 'fanboi' let me assure you I "suffer" like every other AMD/Radeon user.

Let me ask you, have you ever made something with a complex demanding platform for customers who had a wide variety of platforms to launch it on  and the first time you got everything right?

Thought so.

• Upvote 2

I am using OLD DRIVER 19.10.1 because I play on a 32" TV and the newer drivers ( have not checked if the latest have allowed it back) do not let me use the  YCbCr 4.4.4 pixel format which in my opinion looks better on my display (thanks AMD).

I have had NO problems on my Rx480 with these drivers so I would like to stick to them.

Using No Grass and 2x msaa the game looks and runs OK except for the following (I get the blocky rubbish as others with FXAA).

- Using 4x msaa (which I used to use) no longer seems to work (looks like no aa).

-I get black outline around my plane ,as others have .

-I get funny outlines around cockpit /wings when game first loads,but this goes when I pan around,and does not re-appear...so a minor problem.

-Land geometry on Kuban map showing through (which happened before update),seems more prominent and noticable.

-Strange glow/colour blur around aircraft near cloud.

As I said apart from these (annoying) issues the game will run fine.I like the less glossy look.

I will try to add a few pics to show some of these points.

I hope this can be sorted by the devs as I would sooner keep this driver,unless AMD allow the old pixel format back along with a remedy for this new issue!

AMD prob.jpg

AMD prob1.jpg

AMD prob2.jpg

Edited by SirFlappy

After the hotfix, I set grass to "off", as has been suggested, which fixed the flickering shadows, for most missions.

However, i'm just now on a winter tank mission, with snow cover, and sadly it doesn't fix it for that situation.

1 RX570

2 20.4.2

3 yes - 

4 On MSAA is better - I observe ground flickering but only visible low above the ground, it is in the form of a circle with a diameter of about 200 m.

On 5/24/2020 at 3:02 AM, -DED-Rapidus said:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hijz4iutc3id2no/Yak9T37APvs109G6.zip/file

at 1min 09s 1x37AP hit, and same effect like on picture ( i dont have radeon cards, this dosent seam like graphic bug but probably part that bullet hit is set to emitt ground effect hit of bullets)

Also later at around 4 min you can see 2nd bug, i offten see it in QMB. I set duel one by one, so after enemy is shoot down 1 new should spawn(only one). But you see in case of PK, one enemy respawned, and then 2nd one respawn at same time when enemy PKed airplane crash, insted just know that it already spawned 1 enemy , and it dosent need to spawn 2nd at same time.

EDIT: also ground hit effect on 2 more replays:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/5r9jaunrdv0t7nu/37ap109g62nd.zip/file

here its at 1:29s, and at 1:40s.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4j8azxo77l92pfk/37ap109g2.zip/file

here also on 109G2 at 3:36s

Edited by CountZero

22 hours ago, SirFlappy said:

I reported this a long time ago (before this update), I think its a radeon issue.

Hoping it gets sorted one day!!

I have never had it till the update so idk