6.  not at all

Posted (edited)

1. RX480 Nitro 8 Gb

2. 20.4.2

3. Yes

4. No

5. No

6. don't have

If I set FXAA - i see big artifacts instead clouds and smoke. After change FXAA to MSAA, and set in game-settings Aliasing in "2" (values other than "2" do not help) i see black-grass artifact (grass_distance = 0.00000 - not help), and this bugs:

Скрытый текст

il-settings.thumb.jpg.f269198d6c5b2801cc6edb6ffff6b5ec.jpg 

Horizont line artifacts

gorizont.thumb.jpg.cb64467512ec4f0f3e1f050610862281.jpg

Builds, planes, tanks, cars i see this:

nazemka-1.thumb.jpg.877e6c15db1a50cadfefea29e43678ca.jpgnazemka-3.thumb.jpg.89cbb387f52987c8003d6b68042863e9.jpgnazemka-2.thumb.jpg.3ecd4c6edb332ddaa634325f3c307e63.jpg

Edited by =19GvFAB=Vlad-Executor

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

RX-570 8GB (Sapphire)

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

black flickering/squares appearing on ground and when flying very low & black jagged line around aircraft contour when viewing from cockpit. Furthermore, distant contacts flicker too much with clear sky background, and a strange kind of light blue aura around mid-distance contacts when on clouds background.

4. Does FXAA to MSAA swithcing solving this issue for you completely?

Due to flickering in every texture was unplayable with FXAA, not completely solved but very much Better with MSAA (point 3 issues)

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps?

No

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

No mods.

Edited by ITAF_Maven65
Wrong gpu model

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon RX 580 8GB 

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

Some corruption of aircraft textures in main screen, in plane, also graphical corruptions of ground  at low altitudes which seems to be of circular shape centered around your plane.

4. Does FXAA to MSAA switching solving this issue for you completely?

FXAA is worse than or MSAA but artifacts/corruptions still visible

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps?

No

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

I have tried with reshade and without, the game ran with corruptions in both situations.

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon RX 570 8GB 

2. Your driver version.

Yes, there were similar artifacts with FXAA

After switching to MSAA, artifacts remained on the ground at low flight or on tanks

No

No mods

1. AMD Radeon HD 6870

2. 15.7.1 WHQL and tested Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta

3. No, but only this see attached screenshots

4. No

5. No

6. No

20200521112140_1.thumb.jpg.3a59e4563627b3110b2ecb8d38836e3b.jpg20200521112506_1.thumb.jpg.5027be97d9d26f666d14336e3c4970e9.jpg

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon RX 590 8GB 

2. Your driver version.

Yes, there were similar artifacts with FXAA

Very better after switching to MSAA, but artifacts remained on the ground at low flight, or on the ground before take off

No

No mods

1. RX Vega 64

2. 20.2.2

3. yes

4. Yes but not completly.Flickering circle below me close to the ground

5. No

6. No

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon 470 8 gb

2. Your driver version.

Yes like in picture of the pilot's seat and last picture, in addition clouds are getting "squared" like pilot's seat

It helps but doesn't solve, I still have issues with land rendering, but it seems it has improved a lot: after updating card driver and tweaking with game's graphic setting I've completely lost       sound, though *Update 1* : a) Sound problem solved, the video card driver update made the card taking control of the sound, I had to switch back to the previous sound control. b) I still have the issue with the terrain flickering black patches while on ground and taxiing. In flight it seems to work fine, have to give more tries though

Still have to try: will update

NO I'm not using any

Edited by 4SCT_CR42Falco
Update

1. GPU AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics; CPU AMD Ryzen 3 2200G

2. 20.4.2

3. Blurrs and shreds,  not too bad in cockpit but some.  Really bad from outside.

4. ?

5. No change after reset.

6. ?

1. Your videocard model.

RX 580

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

Yes, I experienced this while in VR. 
Whenever I flew among/within  clouds, clouds got pixelated. As if the clouds were having square holes. Flying above the clouds, I could see blurred lines.

4. Does FXAA to MSAA switching solving this issue for you completely?

Nope.

Nope.

None.

1. Your videocard model.

RX 5700XT

2. Your driver version.

Yes, grass glitches just like the picture posted by 352ndOscar

4. Does FXAA to MSAA switching solving this issue for you completely?

No

No

No mods used.

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

AMD Radeon 9 390 8Gb GDDR5

2. Your driver version.

grass, wings in hangar pixellating similar to 2nd pic  Clouds much worse, similar to this .  

Beam Me Up GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Appears to help with clouds.

Haven't tried

No

mag.jpg

2020_5_21__1_54_26.jpg

Edited by J5_Klugermann
screenshots
  • Haha 1

1. Your videocard model. Radeon RX550/550

2. Your driver version.

YES!!!!

It helps slightly, but the game is still unplayable

Have not tried.  Prefer not to.

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you? No. Same with mods on or off.

Please fix!  My sanity is on the line!

• Haha 2

1. Your videocard model.

AMD RX 5700 XT

2. Your driver version.

Radeon software version: 20.40.2
Driver: 19.50.29.27-200421a-354308E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020

Not really like those in the screenshots. I have a flickering circle on the ground when the plane is close to the ground. The same as is visible in rudidlo's video above.

No.

No.

N/A.

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

AMD Radeon HD6670

2. Your driver version.

Yes, as in the first screenshot. I play on low settings and this only happens on winter maps. On summer maps all OK.

If turn on the middle settings, then black flicker appears on summer cards too. Edit: This is when the grass is on. If turn of grass on summer maps on the middle settings all OK.

No

Haven't tried

No using mods

My settings

Spoiler

2020_5_21__16_32_54.thumb.jpg.b93baa403712171699703f9b7be560b8.jpg 2020_5_21__16_30_23.thumb.jpg.3a74934ff166c9bdac6b333799c04e16.jpg 2020_5_21__16_30_35.thumb.jpg.49a8c264ed5e4f71db6c01c32cfac004.jpg

Edited by dragon_7611

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

RX480 4GB DDR5

2. Your driver version.

Yes.  Black areas in terrain and also if FXAA enabled I get the large pixel looking flashing squares all over the aircraft.  This is worsened if I select image sharpening.

No, just turned to MSAA and runs a little better, but still the same problem

No

No, I never use mods and was running perfect until yesterday.

Edited by lloyd0161

1. Your videocard model.

RX480 8GB

2. Your driver version.

Yes

Partially - Textures on vehicles get fixed, but the black areas on the ground remain (even with low grass settings)

didnt try

no mods used

1.  Radeon RX 580 8Gb DDR5
2.  20.4.2
3.  Not like 1,3 or 4.  I have issues similar to or exactly like 2,3 and 4
4.  MSAA is a little better but glitches continue.
5.  All card enhancements turned off or set to  "use application settings"
5.  No MODS enabled and "Mods Off" checked.

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon RX580 8GB

2. Your driver version.

yes the game does show glitches (squares turn on and off on textures for planes at least hard to look in static picturen)

2020_5_21__17_30_31.thumb.jpg.48fc25e4641f917ffbb3941719398e66.jpg

Switching to MSAA solves the issue but in a quick mission with only 9 aircraft the game crashed to desktop eventually

Haven't try don't want to reset drivers due to one game failing (all other games work just fine)

I was using 4k textures but disable all and check files with steam.

1. Your videocard model.

AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series

2. Your driver version.

Yes, I have glitches like pictures posted before (shades and textures moving all the time)

No, this do not solve the problem

No.

No, I don't use any mods.

Hello,

1. Vega 64

2. 20.4.2

3. yes

4. switching from FXAA to MSAA is slightly better

5. driver reset doesn't solved the problem

6. no

1. Your videocard model.

RX 580 4gb

2. Your driver version.

yes I have flickering ground textures while flying near the ground and also a thin black line around the airplane while in cockpit view

MSAA works better but still has the same issues

no

no mods

I have to say that overall performance is great other than these graphical issues. thanks for looking into this!

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon RX 480 20.2.2 driver       Now 20.4.2 Driver

2. Your driver version.
First 20.2.2 then updated to 20.4.2

Yes I had artifacts like on attached screenshots but only in external view. No artifacts while in cockpit view.

Yes with MSAA -- solved completely.

Didn’t try

Mods on but not active.

I'm also having issues:

1. Radeon RX 5700

2.Driver Version- 20.4.2

3. Yes, I have the flickering black triangles on the ground - more than what i was able to capture in the attached screenshot

4. no, I tried changing many settings including these and none worked

5.no

6.no

Inked2020_5_21__21_38_44_LI.jpg

First of all am haveing the same issue , so i started turning one setting off at a time . That it was shadows  so turned them off , but that was a no go turns out it was the grass settings , i turned  grass to off and there is no boxes of death  on ground textures , I set all my other setting to ultra no prombeln as alongs as the grass is turned too off, Tried it on all maps and that seems to be the problem . For some reason  grass want render wright hope this helps to find the problem 

I have a i7 6700   Rx 480 8gig     16  gigs of ram windows 10

Posted (edited)

Posted this in the main 4.006 thread too, but putting it here for completeness' sake:

I still have the black flickering post hot-fix, tested on Stalingrad Winter initially.  Hot-fix INSTALLED, Grass OFF, 4x MSAA.  BUT!  The flickering box is considerably smaller and disappears much closer to the ground now.  Screens to illustrate:  The Yak image is from before the hot-fix with grass normal, the P-38 image is from after with grass off. 

Had to zoom in much more to see the flickering block, and it was much smaller and far less uniform.  So, turning grass off definitely had an effect on the issue for me!  For reference, this is an RX 5700XT.

It's an improvement!  Thanks for the quick work, devs!

UPDATE: Flickering block is gone completely on Rheinland Summer!

2020_5_20__17_41_26.png

2020_5_22__0_39_55.png

Edited by DoctorDrago

Posted (edited)

Quick fix works for ground. Cloud issues persist when at co alt. When clouds are thick the bottom half gets pixellated making  game unplayable. External view are bad too

ext.png

Edited by J5_Klugermann

Posted (edited)

1. vega 64

2. 20.2.2

3. I have had the boxes of doom, and the textures overall look a little more pixelated than before around the edges of aircraft and ground textures

4. MSAA switching solves the boxes of doom, however the performance overall is slightly worse than with the last patch and the pixelation around the borders of various aircraft still aren't as good as before the patch.  Also in 3rd person there is always a line where the sky renders through the clouds.  and it only does it for clouds and only in 3rd person.

5. I have not done this though i will edit my reply when i do get a chance to do this

6. No

I will say that the MSAA swtiching and some tweaking of some other settings makes the game more than playable, but just not as good as the game was pre-patch.  In particular i found that turning some of the settings up mitigated the effect slightly though at the cost of performance.  I have it looking close to what the game used to look like, but the game does not perform as well.

All of this is done in VR and i am using a valve index.  The pixilation issue makes it look as if you are running VR at lower super sampeling or using a original vive/occulus headset despite using an index.  But only along the edges which makes me believe that the anti aliasing is the main culprit. All of the textures still look good, but the edges do not look so good even with the fix.  I will do some more testing with my rig to see what else i can find when i have time.  Let me know if there are any more tests other than the factory reset that i could do.

Edited by zdog0331

Posted (edited)

RX 560x

I have flickering while low to ground and black outlines around my planes. No pixilation issues or sky going black unless I use FXAA, MSAA is just fine. My game also randomly crashes and says something about a "d3d error" and "No permission" errors. Hot fix only made the flickering slightly better, still get black patches. Have not tried messing with drivers, not gonna change them because only 1 game is messed up.

Here is the black outline I was talking about

20200522002926_1.jpg

Edited by mrBruce2
  • Sad 1

It seems the latest update last night didn't bring the solution we all hoped for...

IL2.png

As Obi-Wan-Kenoby would say:"This is not the patch you're looking for"...

• Sad 1

After restoring the FXAA setting in the graphic page (Antialiasing) I could take the tight off the face and colours where back to near normal, but some flickering remains.

The sitauation is now that I have less serious flickering in the plane vs. initial situation and a worse terrain flickering (black patches going on and off) near the ground than yesterday when tweaking the graphic settings and before the very last patch I had no more flickering in the plane but some still on the ground. So the patch was not resolutive yet

I updated today running a Radeon RX 590.

Visual Glitching: Quite noticeable from within the game menu and from the inside/outside camera views during game play with: SSAO Graphic Settings Checked ON.

SSAO Graphic Settings Checked OFF: Visual glitching appeared less noticeable inside the cockpit, (flying at around angels 3 during game play), but remained noticeable from the external camera views and within the game menu.

This is the only setting I have altered so far since the update and have not tried any other posted work around yet.

I hope this also helps in some way.

Kind Regards

7 hours ago, mrBruce2 said:

RX 560x

I have flickering while low to ground and black outlines around my planes. No pixilation issues or sky going black unless I use FXAA, MSAA is just fine. My game also randomly crashes and says something about a "d3d error" and "No permission" errors. Hot fix only made the flickering slightly better, still get black patches. Have not tried messing with drivers, not gonna change them because only 1 game is messed up.

Here is the black outline I was talking about

20200522002926_1.jpg

Bruce,

I reported the same black outline as you but I noticed that few people do. One thing that I noticed is that both of us are not using the latest driver. I believe 20.4.2 is available, so I will try to update that tonight and report back if it helps. 

Ian

18 hours ago, Mateja said:

Hello,

1. Vega 64

2. 20.4.2

3. yes

4. switching from FXAA to MSAA is slightly better

5. driver reset doesn't solved the problem

6. no

After the update of the 21st May 2020, I have less glitches. But there is still some ones, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

vlcsnap-2020-05-22-15h48m21s882.png

So, after the update from last night, what exactly was supposed to happen?  I ran the sim, but saw no change.  Tested FXAA - still dorked.  Changed various other settings.  Best so far is 2xMSAA and I still have flashing ground textures.  And, dumb question, but where can I view the version number in-game?

Just now, 352ndOscar said:

So, after the update from last night, what exactly was supposed to happen?  I ran the sim, but saw no change.  Tested FXAA - still dorked.  Changed various other settings.  Best so far is 2xMSAA and I still have flashing ground textures.  And, dumb question, but where can I view the version number in-game?

Did you turn the grass off in the graphics options? that's a new option. Apparently most of the artifacting is due to problems with that texture.

I have 590, and now its all ok, but there's still thin line at the ends of the wings, do you know how to smooth out these edges? Lines? thanks. (sorry for mobile photo only)

DSC_6060.JPG

12 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Did you turn the grass off in the graphics options? that's a new option. Apparently most of the artifacting is due to problems with that texture.

Thanks, I did not see that.  
So, I presume that this is an interim measure?  It’s ok I guess for flying, but not kool for TC.  Still have shimmering shadow under the plane while on the ground

10 minutes ago, 352ndOscar said:

Thanks, I did not see that.  
So, I presume that this is an interim measure?  It’s ok I guess for flying, but not kool for TC.  Still have shimmering shadow under the plane while on the ground

Yes, patch notes indicate this is meant to be a temporary solution to the issue while they get support from AMD regarding the issue, to make the game as playable as possible for AMD GPU owners. Although I hope they keep the option to turn grass off in the long term, I know people turn it off in the config file to increase performance but it would be nice to do for players with low-end machines who need every frame they can squeeze.