Han

ATI Radeon troubles after 4.006 update

Dear customers,

After recent 4.006 release we have realized that ATI customers have some kind of general issues with graphics glitches.

Due to covid-19 lock-down we have limited abilities for wide-row testing on different videocards, but at the moment it looks like issue is appers only for ATI Radeon videocars and not for NVidia and Intel.

So only way for us is to conact with ATI support for solution. To do that we need to collect data from our costomers - which cases you have.

So please, if you have RADEON than post here:

1. Your videocard model.

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

4. Does FXAA to MSAA swithcing solving this issue for you completely?

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps?

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

We hope to find the solution soon. Your help may significantly enhance this process.

2020_5_20__6_8_52.jpg.50b2112702daca14d7ba803e2898812b.jpg

image_2020_05_19T23_36_04_563Z.png

image_2020_05_20T11_10_52_036Z.png

image_2020_05_20T11_39_54_591Z.png

image_2020_05_20T13_56_30_163Z.png

загружено.jpg

Posted (edited)

1. RX 580 8GB

2. 20.2.2

3. Yes artifacts just like in the screenshots above

4. It makes it better, there isn't as much shimmering on the aircraft but the terrain still looks the same

5. Haven't tried

6. No mods

Edited by DBFlyguy

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon RX 580

2. Your driver version.

Driver Version

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

Yes.

No, but does fix everything (?) except some grass pixilation at low altitude (landing).

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps?

This scares me to much to try, as I can live with the grass issue. I will do so if you request, though.

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

Not using any.

Edited by cardboard_killer

1.  Radeon RX 580 8Gb DDR5
2.  20.4.2
3.  Not like 1,3 or 4.  I have issues similar to or exactly like 2,3 and 4
4.  MSAA is a little better but glitches continue.
5.  All card enhancements turned off or set to  "use application settings".  Have tried game settings set as low as possible.
5.  No MODS enabled and "Mods Off" checked.

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon RX Vega

2. Your driver version.

26.20.15019.19000 (Adrenilin 20.2.2) Win 10.64

Yes, some render issues includeing ground tearing distortion

Yes but not completly. Moved to MSAA removed square pixels of doom

Running default settings, low, balanced high and ultra. no changes. Previous version ran smooth on ultra

None installed

Edited by airborg
filled in fields of entry
  • Upvote 1

1. Your videocard model.

RX 5700 XT

2. Your driver version.

I only have this sort of flickering circle below me close to the ground or starting (then it's around my aircraft . Above  like ~ 70 meters I have no issues at all. Here is a screenshot for clarification:

Spoiler

flickering.thumb.jpg.eeaf978a587bbb90dd89e70791cd0a5e.jpg

Nope

Nope

Nope

1. Vega 64

2. 20.4.2

3. Yes

4. No, only artifacts on clouds and reflections disappear when switching from FXAA to MSAA. Ground flickering at low altitudes persists.

5. No

6. No

1. Videocard model: RX480 8gb

2. Driver version: 20.4.2

3. Artefacts like on attached screenshots or not: Yes

4. AA switching solving this issue for you completely: No

5. Driver settings reset to Factory settings help: No

6. Using some kind of graphics mods: No

1. Your videocard model.

RX480

2. Your driver version.

Yes

No

No

Dont have this

1. Your videocard model: RX 470

2. Your driver version: 20.4.2

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not: Yes

4. Does FXAA to MSAA swithcing solving this issue for you completely: No, MSAA helps significantly but there are still flickers especially at low altitudes

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps? No

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you? Not using any graphics mods

1. Your videocard model.

RX580

2. Your driver version.

19.50.29.27-200421a-354308E-RadeonSoftwareAdrenalin2020

Yes

Helps with the larger artifacts, especially in the cockpit, but there are flickering black sections of pixilation in the grass (maybe in the shade?).

I reset to factory settings and since I've never messed with the game profile in the graphics card at all (which is what I think you mean?) I left it as is.  It didn't help at all.  Still pixilation in the grass, especially where there is any shade.

I had reshade on and I removed that first thing.  It seemed to help only slightly if at all.

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

RX 5700XT 8gb

2. Your driver version.

Flickering blob at low level over land, exactly like the image posted above by 6FG_Big_Al.  Over snowy ground in Stalingrad winter, NOT present over frozen river surface.

No other graphics issues.

No

No

No Mods used

Edited by DoctorDrago

1. MSI RX-480 4gb

2. 20.4.2

3. Yes, I have a screenshot posted on pg 3 of the 4.006 thread

4. No not completely, although there is some improvement by switching to MSAA. With MSAA on there is a black outline of the terrain reflecting off the wings (?) and pixelation of ground textures at low altitudes

5. I've reset to factory and tried the various AA settings in Radeon control panel to no affect

6. No mods at all

Posted (edited)

1.  ASROCK Radeon RX 590 Phantom Gaming X 8G OC
2.  20.4.2
3. yes 2, and 5 picture (0-800ft). 
4. little better, there isn't as much shimmering on the aircraft but the terrain at low altitude still looks the same. 

5. i proubt default settings in Radeon software, but the same.
5. No mods.

In final i have black jagged line around aircraft contour when viewing from cockpit

Edited by -EAGLE-Shifter

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon RX580 Series 8GB

2. Your driver version.

20.4.2 - Release 4/21/2020 > UPDATED

Yes

Changed to MSAA. Not completely resolved.  Still have ground and shadow texture flickering.

No, does not help - same as original problem.  Resetting to High-2xAA-MSAA seems the best at this time, but stiil have ground and shadow texture flickering.

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

No graphics mods in use.

2020_5_20__13_24_16.jpg

Edited by 352ndOscar

1. 5700XT

2. driver version 20.4.2

3. Glitches in this video 

4. Switching FXAA to MSAA  doesn't solve the issue?

5. Haven't tried

6. Artefacts still preset with ReShade or without.

1. Your videocard model.

560 X

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not

Yes, all forms of it

No

No

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

No mods

Thanks for working on it!

1. Your videocard model. RX480

2. Your driver version.  20.2.2

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!). Yes ,Also in the hangar a set of Pixel/square in a ring  mid position (In VR) first indicator there was a problem ahead .

4. Does FXAA to MSAA switching solving this issue for you completely?   No still have shade artifact issues but to a lesser degree

5. Does driver settings reset to Factory settings with choosing default GAME profile after that helps?  Only as a last resort

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?  No Mods 

51 minutes ago, 6FG_Big_Al said:

1. Your videocard model.

RX 5700 XT

2. Your driver version.

I only have this sort of flickering circle below me close to the ground or starting (then it's around my aircraft . Above  like ~ 70 meters I have no issues at all. Here is a screenshot for clarification:

Reveal hidden contents

flickering.thumb.jpg.eeaf978a587bbb90dd89e70791cd0a5e.jpg

Nope

Nope

Nope

Delete the game and reinstall to test it, back up your files and configs

1. AMD Radeon VII

2. Driver Version 20.4.2

3. See attached Screenshots

4. MSAA solves prob only for AC textures. Down on the deck there's a flickering halo around AC.

5. NO

6. NO Mods used for screenshots

Thank you for the quick response!

IL2_4006-Bug2_FXAA.jpg

IL2_4006-Bug3_MXAA.jpg

IL2_4006-Bug4_FXAA.jpg

IL2_4006-Bug5_MXAA.jpg

IL2_4006-Bug6_MXAA.jpg

1 Vega64

2  20.3.1

3  -maybe like picture 3, flickering squares at wings and some cockpit surface

- picture 4 if i look past the side of the propeller/front

4 No in low level flight sometime a black spot(shadow?) under the plane.

5 No

6 No Mods etc.

Posted (edited)

1. Powercolor AMD Radeon RX 5700 8GB PCIe 4.0

2. Adrenalin 2020, V20.4.2, Driver V. 26.20.15029.27016

3. Surface artifacts like picture number 5 only, flickering brown blobs on ground texture, only from low lever, 100 m and below. Visible in all view modes

4. Switching from FXAA to MSAA does not change artifacts, Turning AA off reduces effect but does not completely eliminate it

5. No change with factory default settings. I do not have a game profile in the interface

6. I disabled 3DMigoto before installation and have not reloaded it. I do not have reshader installed.

This is the only one I experience...

Flickering2.png.210f885792575c2d27ee8c0322a7e206.png

Thank you for looking into it. 

Edited by Jaegermeister

13 minutes ago, SJ_Butcher said:

Delete the game and reinstall to test it, back up your files and configs

Han/Dev Team, 

Is this something you'd like us to try?

Just now, DoctorDrago said:

Han/Dev Team, 

Is this something you'd like us to try?

Probably not unless you want to wait 4 hours for the DL. It's almost the same for all of us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaegermeister said:

Probably not unless you want to wait 4 hours for the DL. It's almost the same for all of us.

Fair enough.  I mean, I'll do it if the team thinks it would add a useful data point, but if not I will sit tight.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Update*

1. Your videocard model.

5700XT Gigabyte Pulse

2. Your driver version.

*new driver 2.4.2

Yes I'll add an attachment with the kind of artefacts I am experiencing

*no change

I've used both and the same kind of artefacts appear.

*no change

*updated the driver and the same type of artefact happened, seems it has something to do with the grass

I've turned off re-shade and the issue still remains.

*deleted local files and reinstalled the game (deleted all add ons) no change.

Spoiler

artefact.jpg

Edited by R6ckStar

8 minutes ago, Jaegermeister said:

That's why you buy the base game on steam and everything else on the devs site, it took me 15 minutes to do it.

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon HD7800

2. Your driver version.

3. Have you artefacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

I have artifacts 2, 4, 5.
I also have artifact 1 without the grass effect (the grass simply inverts in colour - but doesn'th have the streaking). However, I've noticed that the black terrain flickering seems to decrease in the distance in which it renders if I lower grass detail in the settings menu... so it might be influenced partly by the high detail area around the vehicle. That said, I haven't rigorously tested this.

No. Neither does switching off AA.

Note: 
- MSAA leads to a rounding/blurring of the squares, but they are still there. FXAA the squares have more defined edges. 
- No AA settings have any effects on the ground 'black flicker' issue.

No custom settings. Already at default.

No mods in use.

P.S.

Let me know if you'd like a more systematic approach to testing (or would like a video clip).

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

AMD RX480 8GB DDR5

2. Your driver version.

Yes, I have glitches like pictures posted before (shades and textures moving all the time)

No, just turned to MSAA and runs a little better, but still the same problem, touching everything from lower to higher settings.

No.

No, I never use mods and was running perfect until yesterday.

Edited by Kerberos190

Posted (edited)

1. Your video card model.

Vega 56 HBM2 8GB

2. Your driver version.

Driver Version

3. Have you artifacts like on attached screenshots or not (answer "No, I haven't these glitches" - is very important to know too!).

Yes.

4. Does FXAA to MSAA switching solving this issue for you completely?

Switching from FXAA to MSAA same problems bit different artifacts.

Deleted drivers with DDU & Installed newest drivers with Clean install. Makes no difference.

No mods.

Its AMD Btw.

Edited by Godspeed

35 minutes ago, Kerberos190 said:

1. Your videocard model.

RX480 8GB DDR5

2. Your driver version.

No

No, just turned to MSAA and runs a little better, but still the same problem

No

No, I never use mods and was running perfect until yesterday.

You said you no to "do you have glitches" and then said it was "running perfect until yesterday"? Do you have a different kind of glitch or did you accidentally answer "no" to question 3?

Posted (edited)

Edit: Did some testing again and have found some issues that I didn't notice before

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon rx5700 (reference blower card)

2. Your driver version.

Not on screenshot

No

Haven't touched my drivers one bit. Dont want to risk it with radeon and my card working fine how it is now

No mods

Edited by -hrtmnbad-Armor
Found something different to original post

1. Radeon R9 200

2. 19.20

3. Yes.

4. Sort of; Artifacts dissappear but there is some grass flickering.

5. No

6. I am not using any.

1 hour ago, CN_Asuja said:

The issue of flickering seems to be more obvious in winter maps, such as Stalin's winter map.

With MSAA on at 2, and "grass_distance = 0.00000" in Config file, for me almost all of the flickering is gone except on winter maps very near the player's plane itself.

Posted (edited)

1. Your videocard model.

Radeon RX Vega64

2. Your driver version.

Yes, the 'pixelation' of textures when FXAA is set (MSAA is ok in this case) But in both settings flickering black squares/dots on the ground surface when flying very low.

No

No

No, I did several tests with the unmodded game.

Edited by vonGraf

Posted (edited)

1. AMD Radeon (TM) R9 390 Series

2. 20.4.2

3. Clouds shredded to grey/white squares; Flickerung of ground textures while low level flying

4. Switching from FXAA to 2x MSAA solved the problem with the clouds but not the ground flickering (EDIT: changing start.cfg "grass_distance = 100.00000" to "grass_distance = 0.00000" solved the ground flickering at summer maps but not at winter maps)

5. no changes here after reset

6. I´m using Reshade but on/off had no effect

Edited by JG4_Qetzalcoatl

Posted (edited)

Doing a little more testing, thought I'd share what I've got so far.

Rolled drivers back to last Recommended level (20.2.2), no change.

Updated to one Optional level back (20.4.1), no change.

And I finally got a screenshot to catch it.  It changes based on zoom level (or camera proximity to the ground, possibly).

EDIT: Screen taken with 4x MSAA

2020_5_20__17_41_26.png

Edited by DoctorDrago
  • Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, flyingfisch said:

You said you no to "do you have glitches" and then said it was "running perfect until yesterday"? Do you have a different kind of glitch or did you accidentally answer "no" to question 3?

Sorry, by mistake. I have the same problem like all people here, same glitch and game was running perfect until yesterday. Thank you. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Wish I'd found this thread before I uninstalled and reinstalled the game 

Your videocard model.

Radeon RX580 Series 8GB

2. Your driver version.

Yes

Changed to MSAA. Not completely resolved.  Still have ground and shadow texture flickering. Trees in snowy ground look like I'm viewing through a screen door

No

6. If you're using some kind of graphics mods (migoto, re-shade or something) does turning them off helps you?

No graphics mods in use.

Edited by WM_KMS
  • Like 2