Game version 4.006 discussion: Deferred Shading, Yak-9, SU-152, New Campaigns, 4K for 4 planes

23 минуты назад, Avimimus сказал:

Also, I noticed that - out of all the Russian aircraft - the only one where the pilot doesn't have a pistol is the U-2VS... is this intended or an oversight?

Цитата

23. The new pilot model has a sidearm (press RCtrl+4 when the cockpit is open). Pilots of the other aircraft will receive it when their models are updated;

7 minutes ago, Floppy_Sock said:

The performance improvements in VR are enormous...

I"m floored! 

Fantastic work! Thank you!

Weird, I didn't notice any VR improvement (I have HP Reverb and 2080Ti and still cannot get a smooth 90fps experience without turning-on reprojection which introduces graphical errors).

Also, some planes (like Yak-7B) don't have cockpit gauges reflections, but I chalk it up to work-in-progress.

IMHO despite all that it is still a good patch because I maintain same performance as before with nicer graphics and sounds (I hear ground explosions now).

35 minutes ago, Beebop said:

I have all settings off.  Several say "Use application settings".  Basically I am using the most generic version of the card allowed.

Sneaksie posted:

"If you have Radeon, we'll try to find a solution to the squares of doom problem, for now please try different AA method or no AA at all."

So no one on the testing team uses Radeon cards?  Shouldn't those cards be tested too before release?  Especially with a new (improved?) rendering engine?

One of the Testers is in the thread earlier mentioning that switching the AA settings is necessary for their older Radeon card. It may not affect all or even most Radeon cards.

28 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

I don't know your graphics card or what options you have tried other than what you have stated.

With my nvidia card I can either enable or disable fxaa AND/OR mfaa per game.  Both of these were set to off for me (under nvidia control panel) when I first ran the update.  I haven't done a lot of checking yet, but I am experimenting just like everyone else, but may I suggest you check your respective manufacterer's control panel or equivalent to eliminate potential reasons for some of the issues you are seeing.  I know most of you have up to date drivers where applicable.  ie: if your card has the option to enable or disable a particular aa method like mine does.

I'm not getting this issue but maybe this will help someone who is.  Good luck.

Radeon XFX 580 4GB.... Appears to be a trend from postings thus far.  I’ll dig into settings tomorrow.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Now for the first time I’m getting the opposite, my VR performance has dropped..

switching to fxaa is smoother but Contacts become a aliasing mess I can’t ident...  I never used any mods and I usually test with qmb loaded with mix bombers and fighters... usually get stable gameplay but it’s become a studder...

anywho, 

gonna try a fresh install, I hope to resolve it :(

well havent tried the fresh install yet but just to note, in pit im getting 60-75 fps, but not stable, and in 3rd person looking around in qmb with 12x aircraft im getting 90fps...over einhoven..

Edited by [APAF]spartan85

Incredible work! I tried it and looks amazing. It's a shame that is only useful for being installed and let it rest on my hard drive. Since we have no zoom in VR (2x it's same as nothing) I am forced to quit playing the game (favorite one) I have paid for as many others.

Will be flying helos until something happens here. Enjoy 2D exclusiveness those who can!  (The VR community has almost years claiming this, I think, easily solvable feature).

• Upvote 1

In realism settings when i turn on only Info feed ( Enables important information feed on the right ), all important feed (tech chat messages) on the right dont show up. But it does turn off all important feed messages if i turn only that option off.
If i turn Info feed and Instrument panel on, only then all important feed on right show up. But problem then is that they show up together with instrument panel digital info and minimap that i dont need when i only need all info feed messages that Info feed option is suposed to be controling. It seams that option is only controling turning off all important information feed messages, but it dosent turn on all of them like logicly it should.
You see if i turn off Info feed, and turn on Instrument panel, i can see digital info and minimap that is controled by this setting but i dont see messages that are also turned on only by this option. So how is that ok if this option is suposed to control digital info+ minimap + thouse few missing info feed messages, but only messages in this case dont show up. So its clear that thouse messages are being turned off by Info feed in this case, so @Sneaksie why are they not turned on by it also ? 

Edited by CountZero
  • Sad 1
1 minute ago, =EXPEND=CG_Justin said:

Unfortunately, I had to go to bed before the patched was released, now I'm stuck at work! :dash:

Does anyone have any comments on the fixes to the 110's/Yak-7?

I noticed that the 110 flyes beautifully and turns great

1.jpg.65d474cafe15a86954ba887438c57401.jpg2.jpg.8a7d2f95568bc7c60f8f566d0dd11eea.jpg

Ive tried everything to fix this..... i give up... gonna wait a few days and try back... Hopefully someone has a fix

Lucky me, i fall into the "I have a Radeon  and my game is all messed up" category 

Super stoked to play new patch! Hope this gets some attention

Thanks DEVS

So if you loose internet connection, it unpacks the files downloaded, then says it failed to update.

Almost five hours into it and five Gigs downloaded, all LOST???

My ISP has us Capped at 50 Gig a Month.

Tried to download again, it looks like I have to start all over again.

Why can't this be setup as a torrent, or something that can resume if connection is lost?

Really hoping for a solution for those affected by this graphic bug reported.  My sympathies.

The reflections on cockpits are fantastic.  And distracting.  And fantastic.  So far I've only tried the two new yaks but I'm loving the canopies!  So much checking out to do...

Edit: One further flight in a spitiv reveals *gasp!* no scratches!!!   Wow!!  Visually something is definately better.  Just turned Nvidia settings to fxaa/enhance application/8x and loaded up my last sortie and was gobsmacked by the visuals.

Edited by JG51_Beazil
38 minutes ago, [APAF]spartan85 said:

Now for the first time I’m getting the opposite, my VR performance has dropped..

switching to fxaa is smoother but Contacts become a aliasing mess I can’t ident...  I never used any mods and I usually test with qmb loaded with mix bombers and fighters... usually get stable gameplay but it’s become a studder...

anywho, 

gonna try a fresh install, I hope to resolve it :(

well havent tried the fresh install yet but just to note, in pit im getting 60-75 fps, but not stable, and in 3rd person looking around in qmb with 12x aircraft im getting 90fps...over einhoven..

This update is heavier on GPU, that's why certain users with high end video cards get higher frames. If your GPU was already at 99% of usage you will have a performance reduction.

• Upvote 1

I already had the FC campaigns; have they been modified since their initial release a few months ago?

Very happy with the P-38 campaign; I just finished a full BoBP career with this plane a couple of days ago. I'm not the best shot, "only" got 39 aerial victories (boy those Doras are tough to bring down !!!) but I'm ready to fly that plane again. Frustrating to fly at times but a fun ride most of the time...

Robin Olds (8 kills with the P38, 5 with the P51 and 4 in Vietnam with the F4):

“I loved the P-38 but I got those kills in spite of the airplane, not because of it. The fact is, the P-38 Lightning was too much airplane for a new kid and a full-time job for even a mature and experienced fighter pilot. Our enemies had difficulty defeating the P-38 but, as much as we gloried in it, we were defeating ourselves with this airplane.” 

Interesting view on things... But I still love that plane...

Re: the Yak-9... The new update just gave me the incentive to purchase it... Not the T version, the "original" one... Anxious to fly it !!

Kudos to the devs

Thanks to The Syndicate and Jaegermeister for the campaigns

Edited by Cleo9
17 minutes ago, MajorWatcher said:

1.jpg.65d474cafe15a86954ba887438c57401.jpg2.jpg.8a7d2f95568bc7c60f8f566d0dd11eea.jpg

Ive tried everything to fix this..... i give up... gonna wait a few days and try back... Hopefully someone has a fix

Lucky me, i fall into the "I have a Radeon  and my game is all messed up" category 

Super stoked to play new patch! Hope this gets some attention

Thanks DEVS

I've got the same exact issue. 

GPU is RX580 8GB

So far I haven't noticed an improvement in VR. Though I had Migoto installed. I'm reinstalling clean.

Canopy's look amazing! 

Is there a way for developers to exclude far targets from the AA pass? Those that would only appear as a handful of pixels?

Flying Circus gets some love! Excellent! 

Hopefully more to follow as after I fried my P-47’s engine coming off of a career mission I set a quick combat up for WW1 at sundown and what a hoot! The 2 campaigns a very welcomed addition. I’d still like to pursue a career (outside of PWCG) like in RoF though. Maybe someday.

Thanks team! 

55 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

One of the Testers is in the thread earlier mentioning that switching the AA settings is necessary for their older Radeon card. It may not affect all or even most Radeon cards.

In game AA off.  Card set to lowest settings, i.e. Off or 'Use application settings'.

28 minutes ago, SJ_Butcher said:

This update is heavier on GPU, that's why certain users with high end video cards get higher frames. If your GPU was already at 99% of usage you will have a performance reduction.

I see it now, gpu is 98 and cpu is 20

i just don’t get why it’s 90 stable frames when outside of the plane and in the pit it drops to 65-75

4 minutes ago, [APAF]spartan85 said:

I see it now, gpu is 98 and cpu is 20

i just don’t get why it’s 90 stable frames when outside of the plane and in the pit it drops to 65-75

Probably the reflections?

Just now, [APAF]spartan85 said:

I have them turned off...

everything is set to pre patch settings

perhaps I’ll wait a few and see if there is anything that will be hot fix if not I suppose upgrade from my 2070

Probably a hot fix or two coming in the next few days.

Holy F'n Snit.

Just Sublime!

The canopy reflections, sublime.

The Yak 9T, sublime.

The deferred rendering aesthetic, sublime.

The VR performance boost with all settings utterly maxed out on the Kuban map no less (1080ti, 3800x, 32GB). COMPLETELY BONKERS AWESOME SUBLIME.

Devs, Covids still be around but if you ever travel to Victoria BC Canada, let me know. Several rounds of beer on me.

Forgive, I've been drinking but this is just the best.

• Thanks 1
  • Han unpinned this topic