Han

Game version 4.006 discussion: Deferred Shading, Yak-9, SU-152, New Campaigns, 4K for 4 planes

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

Thanks for your post.  I hope this will help them track it.  Looks like a shader issue (again, I'm a know nothing here).  Sorry you volunteered yourself for the guinea pig role here, but thanks for taking the "bullet".  S!

Thanks,the irony is I was eager to try the new lighting system when it was first talked about on the bush telegraph.

I will try VSR on the driver settings,with AA off and a reduction in shadow quality in game (to ease the burden) it may be a work around.

With AA of or FXAA its not an issue its just with MSAA (but thats my prefered choice) oh well  Sh** happens.

4 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Flappy please post in this thread OK. Keep it in the right place please.

Jason

Ooops ...I did have a message from the team ,but I could not put screens up (I could here).

Ok I will try to put this in the right place....sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I want it no more than you.....I have faith you can sort it.

Edited by SirFlappy

Posted (edited)

Well, after 4.006 my game became A performance Vs. Visual quality struggle...

in vr I could have great frames if i set fxaa but loose visuals and everything becomes jagged... but with msaa I gain the visual but loose performance...

ive settled for the visual quality Option... once I’ve seen the game soo pretty I can’t fly any other way.

i never used any mods for vr... but wow the zoom!!!   I’m using the odessey plus, it’s great for a first vr set. 
im hoping to upgrade to a reverb for the higher resolution so I can cut down on the steamvr ss..  slider is at 230% 🤪

anywho, gonna continue tweaking,   In qmb 16x planes over Eindhoven I’m getting roughly 65fps, playable.

keep it up devs!  

btw, I have a Rtx 2070

it’s running at 98% now with the new update...

my cpu is an i7-8700k. At 4.9 MHz 

it only runs max 10-20% 

I suppose that’s good, but my gpu seems like it’s struggling...no?

Edited by [APAF]spartan85

41 minutes ago, [APAF]spartan85 said:

Well, after 4.006 my game became A performance Vs. Visual quality struggle...

in vr I could have great frames if i set fxaa but loose visuals and everything becomes jagged... but with msaa I gain the visual but loose performance...

ive settled for the visual quality Option... once I’ve seen the game soo pretty I can’t fly any other way.

i never used any mods for vr... but wow the zoom!!!   I’m using the odessey plus, it’s great for a first vr set. 
im hoping to upgrade to a reverb for the higher resolution so I can cut down on the steamvr ss..  slider is at 230% 🤪

anywho, gonna continue tweaking,   In qmb 16x planes over Eindhoven I’m getting roughly 65fps, playable.

keep it up devs!  

btw, I have a Rtx 2070

it’s running at 98% now with the new update...

my cpu is an i7-8700k. At 4.9 MHz 

it only runs max 10-20% 

I suppose that’s good, but my gpu seems like it’s struggling...no?

Make sure you have a profile in Nvidia Control Panel for IL-2.exe,, and set power to " Prefer Maximum Performance".

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, [APAF]spartan85 said:

steamvr ss..  slider is at 230% 🤪

Pretty sure this here is producing your main bottleneck. Anything beyond 200% is considered insane even with graphically not super demanding games (Il-2 is demanding) from my readings.

To the dev team: Very great job, hope you get some rest now!

Edited by 216th_Jordan
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

This kind of behavior is exactly why I don't have a cat.

Well actually it's because the cat pooped in my headphones.  Don't ask how I found out. 

OK, I won't ask how you found out. But, how did you catch it?  ;)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Dear friends,

We released another update 4.006e that should fix the 'fisheye' effect on wide-FOV VR devices ('should' because there are many different models and configs).

1. 'Fisheye' effect on wide-FOV VR devices should be fixed;
2. Fokker D.VIIF visual model has been corrected for the paint schemes with removed engine hood sides;
3. The last mission of the Lightning Strikes campaign has been updated thanks to its author Jaegermeister.

Wow! That's probably the first time there's ever been version with an "e". A new record in this game's history.

Please note: this is not meant to be sarcastic.

Man you guys are quick!  Although I'm not having the VR issue, my fingers are crossed for ya!

The update fixed the issue of warping/fishbowl in VivePRO!

Resolved!  Thank you for this awesome quick turn around!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

Pretty sure this here is producing your main bottleneck. Anything beyond 200% is considered insane even with graphically not super demanding games (Il-2 is demanding) from my readings.

To the dev team: Very great job, hope you get some rest now!

Ya suppose I was being greedy :)  I reduced to 190% and it’s nicer to my FPS :)

Not not a VR user myself, so I can't really comment on the fix.

but impressed with the pacing of the updates. Especially in these complicated times.

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all the sheer passion you put into this.

Take care of yourselves and have some rest.

• Like 1

Getting some sort of weird flattened map issue (see attached)

Core 7700k, 1080Ti, 32 gb ram - Ultra settings

Annotation 2020-05-29 153156.png

I have to give a great big salute to the devs that are churning out updates and fixes through all this. It's great to see this game being so well kept and wanted to say that I appreciate your hard work. With v4.006+ my visuals have improved dramatically as a VR player. Not being able to see other planes until they were right on top of me was a major source of frustration. That's now cleared up. Awesome! The zoom works well. Maybe too well! Could be tweaked to a two stage setup as others have suggested or maybe mapped to an axis for better control. Adding something to give a little bit better FOV to VR would be the icing on the cake but we'll let that one go.

To the complainers here I'd say you don't know how good you have it to have a team on either side of the world taking care of this sim through a global pandemic from their homes churning out major updates like this. Just leaves me shakin my head.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1CGS...

You guys absolutely rock!!!

:good:

This must be in the Guiness world records of numbers of hotfix, and hard work by a dev team in a flight sim.

All my squadmates have solved the problem, thanks!

4.006e released at about 1OPM Moscow time on a Friday night.

Awesome effort.  Hope everyone is getting good and plastered by now!

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

My team has busted their ass under really crappy circumstances to fix everything that has not worked to plan in 4.006. Insulting us with crude comments is not going to be tolerated.

The team has worked non-stop to try and address any remaining issues including any caused by the VR Zoom change. I urge everyone to relax. Another Hotfix is imminent. We think we have VR working properly on all types of goggles. If not, we'll address again next week. The guys need a break. 

You guys put tons of pressure on us to do this and do that etc. As usual we listen and try to find solutions. This process is going to be messy sometimes, especially when my guys are forced to work from their cramped apartments without all their usual gear. Under the circumstances they have done an extremely good job.

Thank you, to Jason and to the whole team!  Try not to forget there are people here enjoying what we have and the work it takes to create it, and who understand the realities of that work.

I'd offer you all a big Top Gun high five if only it were safe to touch another person's hand...

3 hours ago, UrrrrhhhhhWoutwocampe said:

I saw there was a small update yesterday, hopefully it fixed the blue halo around planes near clouds because when I played Wednesday it was still there.

Question to the devs : are you planning to update the german Bodenplatte career because its always the same for everyone....p47 and tempests....no spit, no mustang, no lightning...

Keep up the great work.

Nope, not for me anyways...and not with the latest "e" patch. I know the attention has been on AMD and VR issues, so perhaps it gets a good looking at next week (fiingers crossed). Anyway, feel free anyone to add any info relevant in the the technical issues thread as I have reported this issue there:

31 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

I appreciate the thanks, but these Hotfixes are the hard work of the team, not me per se. But they do make the boss proud. They showed great initiative to work on these tough issues and e VR zoom tweak without any prodding from me. Especially Daniel, Sergey and Sneaksie working late several days in a row to get it done. Now they deserve a weekend off. Any further fixes or changes will happen next week.

Jason

Big thanks to those guys!

Talk about going above and beyond!!!

Please keep those of us 2D'ers who got the best of 4.006, then had visuals reduced with the hotfixes in mind. 

That said, have a good weekend.  

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

I appreciate the thanks, but these Hotfixes are the hard work of the team, not me per se. But they do make the boss proud. They showed great initiative to work on these tough issues and e VR zoom tweak without any prodding from me. Especially Daniel, Sergey and Sneaksie working late several days in a row to get it done. Now they deserve a weekend off. Any further fixes or changes will happen next week.

Jason

Many thanks for that update.

Outstanding and enormous work to do that.

A very well deserved weekend for you all!

It would be really nice to have some informations concerning the next plane scheduled please

Edited by DN308

I would also like to thank the Dev team for the great work!

I really like the 4.006e Zoom, now it make sense for me to use it in VR (no more "sitting in a Fishbowl" - HTC Vive)

Have a nice weekend everyone!

1 minute ago, DN308 said:

It would be really nice to have some informations concerning the next plane scheduled please

As long as there is no information to the contrary, I'd go with this here.

Thank you very much. And to the guys that put the crunch effort

WELL DONE

and enjoy your weekend

jokkr

58 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Hear Hear!  Thank you for your work, guys.  Enjoy a break.  

I have to go too.  Got a train to catch.

2020_5_29__19_43_9.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well, after the big patch i was very happy, and now i am more than happy, no distorted fisheye on my hp reverb pro, 

my system is

i 9900 5 ghz cpu

2080 super gpu

most om max i il 2 graphic setup.

thx again for the great work, the best ww2 flight sim for me now, wil gladly support you.

5 hours ago, [APAF]spartan85 said:

slider is at 230% 🤪

And that's your problem right there, you don't need that level of SS, your headset isn't capable of delivering it any way.  Try maxing everything out in game and put the slider at 100% steam SS.  Now be amazed.

Thank you! I am so impressed by the whole team work getting us the new VR Zoom working. Thank you!!!

Thank you again.

I found a bug on Bristol F2B (F.II / F.III), the bomb racks in some configurations disappear (Version 4.006e, graphic all max with FXAA or MSAA, my PC specs on the signature, nVidia driver 450.99).

F2_1.jpg

F2_2.jpg

F3_1.jpg

F3_2.jpg

On 5/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, Raven109 said:

Did you try to verify the integrity of the game files? I know it's been said before, but this is a step easily forgotten when updating a game (any game).

I don't know how to verify integrity of the game files.  The only things I've done is try to log onto Steam as normal, but Steam keeps reverting back to the Play button (just keeps going circular...), and got rid of all ReShade files (didn't help).  Now I am just stuck waiting for some kind of magic fix from Steam of the devs.  Sure miss flying...

On 5/28/2020 at 8:58 AM, Raven109 said:

Did you try to verify the integrity of the game files? I know it's been said before, but this is a step easily forgotten when updating a game (any game).

Never had a problem yet with my firewall...

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

They earned more than "a" weekend off,, but also deserves a bottle of Vodka,.... each! 

Well done! 

Edited by [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

8 hours ago, dburne said:

Make sure you have a profile in Nvidia Control Panel for IL-2.exe,, and set power to " Prefer Maximum Performance".

Just have it set globally. You don't have to have an individual profile.

Is anyone else getting error messages from launcher.exe requesting that you insert the disk into your DVD-ROM drive? It seems to have started with the new 'e' hotfix.