Han

Game version 4.006 discussion: Deferred Shading, Yak-9, SU-152, New Campaigns, 4K for 4 planes

8 minutes ago, 216th_Jordan said:

First thing, do a restart! :) After that there are a lot of options to go over in the settings!

Yep, going through step by step. Same settings as before  patch - only had cockpit reflections turned on... performing really badly...

...going through the motions to sort it out.

(Edit - and it looks like canopy reflections may have indeed been the problem - seems much better with them turned off again --- still testing)

Edited by Redwo1f

29 minutes ago, JG1_GenMarkof said:

I've just downloaded the Upgrade 4.006... but when I want to start my game, I get the first screen and it goes out of the game. (I have the steam version).
Let me know if your game is ok or if your having the same problem, thx!!!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

Same thing for me. Game crashing on startup (steam version)

Edited by =EXPEND=NotOtto

Just now, =EXPEND=NotOtto said:

Sane thing for me. Game crashing on startup (steam version)

Did you try to check the integrity of the files via steam?

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, [CPT]milopugdog said:

2020_5_14__0_29_0.thumb.png.5abf0fe743dda5bab6d0bdb3f2503de5.png

2020_5_17__6_10_30.thumb.png.2458233bb78395dba2be79f3a6ccef5e.png

All, if you have an older graphics card like me, you might experience issues like pictured above because the lighting changes. The screenshots do not capture what is fully going on, but the buggy looking squares flicker when in-game.

The solution to this is to change your Antialiasing setting to FXAA to MSAA. 

I’ve got something similar going on. Unfortunately, AA settings don’t seem to affect it. 
6578BC37-1E33-4D7C-8B13-BD0DBC603669.thumb.jpeg.b6f87991c230e2099cb243f0fa15a993.jpeg

4C583610-A6A9-4C2F-8AB3-9BB4D572A446.thumb.jpeg.dd9dc736234a2c455d0f20d6cba94f96.jpeg

1 minute ago, =EXPEND=NotOtto said:

Sane thing for me. Game crashing on startup (steam version)

Crashed on first try for me, worked on second launch.

18 minutes ago, JG1_GenMarkof said:

I've just downloaded the Upgrade 4.006... but when I want to start my game, I get the first screen and it goes out of the game. (I have the steam version).
Let me know if your game is ok or if your having the same problem, thx!!!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

same here...no steam V.

Just now, ShartCarbuncle said:

I’ve got something similar going on. Unfortunately, AA settings don’t seem to affect it. 
6578BC37-1E33-4D7C-8B13-BD0DBC603669.thumb.jpeg.b6f87991c230e2099cb243f0fa15a993.jpeg

4C583610-A6A9-4C2F-8AB3-9BB4D572A446.thumb.jpeg.dd9dc736234a2c455d0f20d6cba94f96.jpeg

Graphic drivers up to date?

Suggestion:  check nvidia settings if that applies in your situation.  IE:  just in  case you already had FXAA and related settings tinkered with.

• Thanks 1

Just now, 216th_Jordan said:

Graphic drivers up to date?

As much as they can be. I’m using a Mac with Boot Camp, so driver releases are sporadic. 

I realize that makes me an outlier, so I may just be out of luck. I really hope I can get around it, though. I just bought every pack in the sale, and it was working great until today. D’oh. 

S! For those that it's not working with the Steam version... any of you go the 3Dmigoto for VR?
I might try to remove it! I did a check integrity and all seem ok.

Might be the Steam version... if anyone else with Steam, let me know if it's working!

Thanks,
GenMarkof

Im getting a crash when i try to start a quick game, I will run integrity check on files and do a restart and report back,

Awesome update. Thank you very much.

All the key assignments were overwritten. Good thing I backed up the entire folder. So which file contains the old key/command assignments again? Thanks.

7 minutes ago, Raven109 said:

Did you try to check the integrity of the files via steam?

Yeah, tried integrity check and everything was good. I’ll wait until there is a fix, or complete reinstall 😬

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, BP_Lizard said:

All the key assignments were overwritten. Good thing I backed up the entire folder. So which file contains the old key/command assignments again? Thanks.

Yikes, be sure to backup your " input " folder everyone.

explorer_9OUGHwhNth.png.204f16faf95f3443a857f28e2c00fabb.png

Edited by Geronimo553
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, =EXPEND=NotOtto said:

Yeah, tried integrity check and everything was good. I’ll wait until there is a fix, or complete reinstall 😬

I did the same... let's just wait and see if a patch will come out for Steam owners!

Cheers,
GenMarkof

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, =EXPEND=NotOtto said:

Did you try launching multiple times? Mine worked after 2nd try.

Game is launching fine in normal mode but gets stuck on the "LOADING please wait" screen when launched in the VR mode from Steam. It just hangs there forever and if I check my task manager it says the process is not responding. I've verified integrity of all files and it didn't find any issues.

Edited by Nekhebu

Ah it is getting kind of late here, going to wait and grab the download early in the AM.

Have fun gang!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Raven109 said:

Downloaded via steam, working fine so far.

Someone said that they had to erase a file a few update ago?
If anyone got this answer, let us know!

Thanks
GenMarkof

11 minutes ago, BP_Lizard said:

How about these...

741252107_Annotation2020-05-19180703.jpg.348995f4f54011e90d154f7586be358b.jpg

okay, this is just weird - stuttering mess first two go rounds (Kuban quick flight - P-39 then La-5FN - different air bases) - same settings as pre-patch but with canopy reflections on (only difference). Turn it off. Restart game. Stuttering issues seem gone. Two flight tests.

Then turn canopy reflections back on (normal setting) - and now things seem running fine as well (??). She was just being a temperamental girl with the new patch at the start? 🤢🤔 Idk - seems okay for now.

The water looks AMAZING btw! 😄

(btw, those looking to fps benchmark - Remagen track doesn't work new patch (at least for me) - believe it is related to JU-88 pilot).

Edited by Redwo1f

The game does not load me, black screen.
I don't use steam or VR , no Migoto MOD:(

Edited by Ala13_Antiguo

2 minutes ago, Ala13_Antiguo said:

I don't use steam or VR , no Migoto MOD

I would try moving the startup.cfg file from the data folder somewhere so the game would create a default one.

• Upvote 1

This update is INSANELY GOOD.

I've just flown multiplayer dogfight on the CB training server, with probably a dozen planes in close proximity. CPU frame time averaging 7-8ms, spikes to 10ms only. The GPU was also doing well, averaging 10-11ms. Any frame drops were GPU, not CPU.

This patch is a godsend for VR performance. This is the one, folks. Get ready for reliable 80 or 90hz performance on multiplayer missions in heavy dogfights. Get ready for the 3000-series NVidia cards, because the game is going to be able to take advantage of them. I think we need to do more testing, but at the moment I believe IL2 has moved to "GPU bound" instead of CPU bound, and the effect is amazing.

And I haven't even talked about the canopy reflections. In VR they are AMAZING.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

If you have problems running the game after the update:

1) First of all, delete 3dmigoto if you were using it, I really don't think the old version of it would work since the shaders are completely different;

2) The same goes for ReShade and similar graphics mods, they may or may not work;

3) Verify cache integrity if you're using the Steam version;

4) If you have custom settings forced in the graphics card control panel for IL-2 or globally, set them to default;

5) If you have Radeon, we'll try to find a solution to the squares of doom problem, for now please try different AA method or no AA at all.

My game was crashing upon startup. I’m on steam version if it means anything. 

Removing ALL the files associated with reshade fixed the issue for me. 

Good luck everyone! 

Probably the best update till now. The MP is smoother than before (at least on Combatbox with 56 planes). Cockpit reflections are superb but kinda distracting sometimes, ppl would probably turn them off. Yak 9t is super fun, nice powerfull gun (and ammo counter!) though not much shells ofcourse and it handles well even in turns. Yak9 I dont have so I hope someone will compare it to Yak1b.

Im using 2xAA and FXAA. Are we supposed to combine them for better visiblity or not?

Edited by =VARP=Tvrdi
  • Like 1

Excellent! Thanks for the release! First test so far and everything works here on Steam with SteamVR on Vive Pro.

The game looks amazing! At the first glance, visibility looks better!

MG151 still behaves like a rocket launcher knocking off fighters with a single hit, but I am kind of used to it already.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Alonzo said:

This update is INSANELY GOOD.

I've just flown multiplayer dogfight on the CB training server, with probably a dozen planes in close proximity. CPU frame time averaging 7-8ms, spikes to 10ms only. The GPU was also doing well, averaging 10-11ms. Any frame drops were GPU, not CPU.

This patch is a godsend for VR performance. This is the one, folks. Get ready for reliable 80 or 90hz performance on multiplayer missions in heavy dogfights. Get ready for the 3000-series NVidia cards, because the game is going to be able to take advantage of them. I think we need to do more testing, but at the moment I believe IL2 has moved to "GPU bound" instead of CPU bound, and the effect is amazing.

And I haven't even talked about the canopy reflections. In VR they are AMAZING.

AMAZING AMAZING AMAZING.

Oh crap, now how am I supposed to sleep tonight?

I decided to put off downloading till I wake up early in the morning.

Thanks a  lot!!

Lol, seriously that is very good to hear. I already had great performance with my Rift S, really looking forward to trying this out in the morning!

9 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

MSAA is nicer in details but significantly slower.

Thanks!

Love your avatar btw... Ah, Morgan Bernhardt and his voice actor.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hopper64 said:

What’s the difference in FXAA and MSAA? Performance hit with which? Thanks!

I believe FXAA is post processing, and not as large a hit on performance as MSAA.

I would try MSAA first and if performance good add some FXAA and see what ya think.

Or just play around with it and have fun!

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1