Han

Game version 4.006 discussion: Deferred Shading, Yak-9, SU-152, New Campaigns, 4K for 4 planes

8 hours ago, Danziger said:

Dear friends,

During the weekend we were able to build and test 4.006c hotfix that addresses the problem of certain Direct 3D functionality support by the AMD graphics cards. This problem caused serious graphical corruption in our sim. In addition, it also fixes other bugs that have been found:

1. Graphics corruption on AMD cards has been fixed;

Except for the grass issue, graphics corruption on AMD cards have NOT been fixed!2020_05.28-15_36.thumb.png.681e2346417a0ab8df06e3e6e578bfe5.png

That actually looks cool, in a way.

Can we have that as an optional feature please? 😎

:drinks:

Mike

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 5/27/2020 at 10:15 AM, RedKestrel said:

Probably the hotfix for the AMD driver issues. The Devs had to do a work around for people with AMD graphics cards, because the new renderer was causing huge graphical glitches and making the game nearly unplayable. 4.005b was a hotfix with an initial work around to make the game borderline playable, and 4.005C was a hotfix that actually fixed the issue with a proper work around. 

EDIT: Ninja'd by @Jade_Monkey!

Gotcha, thanks!

58 minutes ago, Wanderfalke said:

Except for the grass issue, graphics corruption on AMD cards have NOT been fixed!

On your machine.  After the hotfix I have Z E R O issues and prior when I flew through clouds it looked like I was flying through dandruff on steroids, if I opened the cockpit the outside world turned black. Now the game hasn't looked better.

Do you have the latest drivers?

What settings in game are you using?  FXAA?  Any Antialiasing?  HDR?  SSAO? Sharpening? 

Before making such a didactic statement make sure you are running the best settings for your machine.

13 hours ago, CTquicknthedead said:

Hey, Fellow Pilots,

First thing: We love this sim!  It is the best of them all...bar none!

Many thanks to all the devs and with Jason at the till!  The IL-2 community is the cat's meow!

My story is: I can't fly now (bummer, dudes).  When I go on to Steam and start the Play, within moments I get bounced back to the starting point...to start the play (again)!  Ouch!  Simple problem, but way out of my wheelhouse!

All I can do is wait on the sidelines until something or someone comes to me rescue...arrgh, mateys!

Sure do miss this sim and its beautiful scenery...and its guns too! 

But I'm not worried.  My bet is on Jason, the devs, this community.  We be the ones who keep us keepen on!

But I really need to get back in the air: I've got my Yak-9 waiting for me...and I gots to climb into my Hawker Hurricane ASAP!

Thanks, guys, you've cheered me up...keep looking up!

This looks like problems with Antivirus

13 hours ago, CTquicknthedead said:

Hey, Fellow Pilots,

First thing: We love this sim!  It is the best of them all...bar none!

Many thanks to all the devs and with Jason at the till!  The IL-2 community is the cat's meow!

My story is: I can't fly now (bummer, dudes).  When I go on to Steam and start the Play, within moments I get bounced back to the starting point...to start the play (again)!  Ouch!  Simple problem, but way out of my wheelhouse!

All I can do is wait on the sidelines until something or someone comes to me rescue...arrgh, mateys!

Sure do miss this sim and its beautiful scenery...and its guns too! 

But I'm not worried.  My bet is on Jason, the devs, this community.  We be the ones who keep us keepen on!

But I really need to get back in the air: I've got my Yak-9 waiting for me...and I gots to climb into my Hawker Hurricane ASAP!

Thanks, guys, you've cheered me up...keep looking up!

Did you try to verify the integrity of the game files? I know it's been said before, but this is a step easily forgotten when updating a game (any game).

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Beebop said:

On your machine.  After the hotfix I have Z E R O issues and prior when I flew through clouds it looked like I was flying through dandruff on steroids, if I opened the cockpit the outside world turned black. Now the game hasn't looked better.

Do you have the latest drivers?

What settings in game are you using?  FXAA?  Any Antialiasing?  HDR?  SSAO? Sharpening? 

Before making such a didactic statement make sure you are running the best settings for your machine.

Of course on my machine..., if i were to play on your machine, i would have Z E R O problems now would i.

Point is that there are still issues involving AMD cards when using MSAA, so the blanked statement that all graphics corruption on AMD cards have  been fixed, is false. The problem as shown in the picture only occurs when using MSAA.

With opened canopy if you set Anti-Aliasing to 0 and Canopy Reflections Off press F2 to go outside and go back inside using F1.. and... the outside world still turns black (at least for me)!

Btw, i'm running a amd 3900x cpu and a amd 5700xt graphics card.

Edited by Wanderfalke
  • Upvote 1

Another Hotfix is inbound that should fix the final ATI issues that were discovered and some other good stuff. The team works miracles once again.

:salute:

Jason

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10
  • Upvote 5

Probably just boredom being stuck in your Moscow apartment. LOL  The entire team is very dedicated.

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Probably just boredom being stuck in your Moscow apartment. LOL  The entire team is very dedicated.

Jason

I’m so bored stuck in my house that I’ve started exercising :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jason_Williams said:

Another Hotfix is inbound that should fix the final ATI issues that were discovered and some other good stuff. The team works miracles once again.

:salute:

Jason

Thanks Jason,reading a few posts above some people were scoffing at people (ATI users) who still reported problems.

I was one of the people affected so I knew it was still an issue for some users.

I am glad you have followed this up promptly and hope this is finally "put to bed".

The new lighting looks great on the aircraft...much more realistic,so it is an improvement.

Fingers crossed this hot-fix does indeed sort this problem out for us ATI folks who have had giltches.

• Upvote 3

Not gonna lie, the fact that the team pushed out two gigantic, sim-changing updates, finished up two collector planes and hotfixed a huge issue caused by driver problems during a global pandemic is almost scary. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

Dear Jason I really wish the developers instead of locking threads come up with a real solution because the VR comunity is not happy....we should not be handicapped.... I am a new user...In just a year purchased all maps including tank crew and flying circus and 90% of all collector planes to help support this game... I and I loved playing In VR with my squad in pro Servers like Taw and combat box...and since I play only in VR now I feel let down...I can not ID any planes util they are right there shooting at me....I only have oddyssey + the way the native vr zoom works its only good for nearby and instruments...We need the mod or an improvement...this will not go away just by deleting threads and comments...please, please help

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Not gonna lie, the fact that the team pushed out two gigantic, sim-changing updates, finished up two collector planes and hotfixed a huge issue caused by driver problems during a global pandemic is almost scary. 

Not scary at all... it shows they have drive and enthusiasm coupled with a professional approach to all they do.

Edited by Trooper117
  • Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

Jason

The entire team have the dedication of true artists, o7 guys.

• Upvote 1

Dear Jason,  Thank you.  I am a VR user, I don't use any mods and I would like to thank you for all you and your team are doing.  You have my full support and I wish you and your team well and the best of luck as you continue to develop this great flight simulation.

Thank you Jason.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

• Like 1

I can haz changelog? plox?

473bc92d9801431156d10bfbf0e86262.jpg

• Upvote 1

Cannot seem to locate the Yak-9. I see it in the Kuban campaigns, but has a padlock on it. I did purchase the premium and updated the 4.006.

2 minutes ago, Photomatt said:

Cannot seem to locate the Yak-9. I see it in the Kuban campaigns, but has a padlock on it. I did purchase the premium and updated the 4.006.

Yak-9 is a separate collector plane, not sold with any of the game modules. It is available in the Kuban campaigns for those that own it. 

9 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

Yak-9 is a separate collector plane, not sold with any of the game modules. It is available in the Kuban campaigns for those that own it. 

is it flyable? I own all of them 

31 minutes ago, schurem said:

I can haz changelog? plox?

473bc92d9801431156d10bfbf0e86262.jpg

Waiting for the patch notes be like

FB_IMG_1590690850603.thumb.jpg.f78279d657b1bfbae3f7f5d8cd6ad34d.jpg

🤣

Posted (edited)

Perhaps, as I posted a long time back, a sperate VR version of IL-2, with VR version MP servers for a level competitive playing field for combat flight simulation VR users would be a logical conclusions to the flat screen vs VR mismatch.

Happy landings,

56RAF_Talisman

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, MattS said:

Waiting for the patch notes be like

FB_IMG_1590690850603.thumb.jpg.f78279d657b1bfbae3f7f5d8cd6ad34d.jpg

🤣

For real, flight simmers are a lot like cats, except not as cute. This has horrifying implications

Like my cats wake me up at 5AM, I roll over and there's one sitting on the bedside table watching me while I sleep. Then the meowing starts- FEED US, HUMAN! 

Now imagine you're Jason, and you roll over and there's some forum denizen crouched on top of his alarm clock going "Nyan Nyan, motherf******, where's my patch notes???"

Now you know what its like to develop a flight sim.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, Photomatt said:

These planes, the YAK9 and the YAK9T are collector planes and not included in your game. Same for the Hurricane Mk.II.

So, you know what to do, right? ;)

11 minutes ago, Photomatt said:

It is flyable, If you purchased the Yak-9 separately. Check your account on the website to make sure you have it purchased. Log in here: https://il2sturmovik.com/account/login/?next=/ and then check your purchases. If it is listed as active you have it, if not then you don't have it available and would need to purchase it. If you see it in your purchases, see if you can fly it in the QMB. If you can fly a quick mission in the Yak-9 it might just be a problem with the career mode.

If you have it purchased and can't play it in the game I would contact support here, could be an account issue which they should be able to fix: https://il2sturmovik.com/support/

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RedKestrel said:

If you have it purchased and can't play it in the game...

Make sure when you log into the game you use the Green 'Enter' box.  Then the game will interact with the Cloud and any purchases or pending updates will be activated.

Edited by Beebop

1 hour ago, =OPFR=Glez said:

Dear Jason I really wish the developers instead of locking threads come up with a real solution because the VR comunity is not happy....we should not be handicapped.... I am a new user...In just a year purchased all maps including tank crew and flying circus and 90% of all collector planes to help support this game... I and I loved playing In VR with my squad in pro Servers like Taw and combat box...and since I play only in VR now I feel let down...I can not ID any planes util they are right there shooting at me....I only have oddyssey + the way the native vr zoom works its only good for nearby and instruments...We need the mod or an improvement...this will not go away just by deleting threads and comments...please, please help

You're not going to be handicapped. It's a moot point now. I addressed this yesterday. I hide, close or move threads if they don't belong somewhere or they have an ugly purpose.

Jason

• Like 2

I can't afford the amount of beer you are owed. 🤔

So here's virtual cheers  :drinks:

vr zoom yes yeeeeeees...

love il2 team. thanks

• Like 1

thank you your continuous effort to optimize the game, its a key factor today that not many developers do this days

• Upvote 2

Downloaded and installed just now... servers are working fine!

Working hard, terrific sim! Thank you for your dedication and quality work! Bravo.