Han

Game version 4.006 discussion: Deferred Shading, Yak-9, SU-152, New Campaigns, 4K for 4 planes

Installed and runs like a charm even a little faster. Excellent work. 

Impressive hotfix cycle. Very appreciated!

Just got done playing around with the new update. Glitches are all gone and my old RX-480 is able to render even the heavily forested areas of Kuban in 1440p with everything on high + FXAA at a solid 60 fps. I love it!

20200526184625_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

I just got done running through a mission on the Rheinland Winter map. I reset graphics to normal settings. 

No graphics glitches

No blue halos around silver aircraft in clouds

No shiny metallic cities rendering in the distance

No flickering blobs on the ground while landing

No Flickering walls on airfield buildings.

Great job on sorting that out quickly! Thanks.

2 hours ago, Sneaksie said:

Please note that 3dmigoto wasn't blocked, it simply stopped working because all the shaders in the game were changed for deferred shading renderer. If the mod creator makes a new version of the mod, it will be working again. Both the maximum regular and VR zoom result in the same FOV - 30 degrees, so the mod gave you a several times stronger zoom in VR than it was possible on a regular screen.

Thanks for the info, that's what I figured. It has stopped working after several updates. I always uninstall it before an update now.

Edited by Jaegermeister

Posted (edited)

Thank you so much for the update! 

Could we please get some official word regarding the blue outlining of aircraft against clouds (or did I miss it?) as it still persists. Was this added due to VR users and spotting issues or some other reason?? Or is it just a rendering issue/byproduct or error???? - It just looks unnatural and detracts from the sim, imho (never needed spotting enhancements before - would like at least the ability to be able to turn this off).

Edited by Redwo1f

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Redwo1f said:

Thank you so much for the update! 

Could we please get some official word regarding the blue outlining of aircraft against clouds (or did I miss it?) as it still persists. Was this added due to VR users and spotting issues or some other reason?? Or is it just a rendering issue/byproduct or error???? - It just looks unnatural and detracts from the sim, imho (never needed spotting enhancements before - would like at least the ability to be able to turn this off).

I no longer get the blue outlining after hotfix 4.006C, and it was def present before this hotfix and quite noticeable. Non VR , setup listed in signature.

Maybe a verify files and reboot pc after update is what u need to do.

I always run slightly older Nvidia drivers (as very latest often have bugs), but I don't think this would be cause , maybe if they are really old drivers.

Driver Date/Size: 24/12/2019
      Driver Version: 26.21.14.4187

screenshots 4.006c

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.6f0b578485d2de96598f5b1b4a38640c.pngimage.thumb.png.c4d01266ce5629712a2dbd26bf4de543.png

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
pics

Hi, I just wanted to say - Thanks for the patch and for quickly fixing the rather surprising error with it! Thank you for fixing the rendering and thank you for supporting those of us with older video cards!

The patch looks pretty amazing (now that it isn't glitchy)...

• Like 3

Hi, 

Can somebody give me the link to download this update ? Never saw a such hided patch! I'm seeking it since 1 h without success! lot of comments but no link!

Help please

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, =RS=Stix_09 said:

I no longer get the blue outlining after hotfix 4.006C, and it was def present before this hotfix and quite noticeable. Non VR , setup listed in signature.

Maybe a verify files and reboot pc after update is what u need to do.

I always run slightly older Nvidia drivers (as very latest often have bugs), but I don't think this would be cause , maybe if they are really old drivers.

Driver Date/Size: 24/12/2019
      Driver Version: 26.21.14.4187

screenshots 4.006c

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.6f0b578485d2de96598f5b1b4a38640c.pngimage.thumb.png.c4d01266ce5629712a2dbd26bf4de543.png

Thank you for the suggestions. I did the reboot without it improving things and still the terrible blue outlining. However, the steam file integrity check failed and needed to reacquire a file - after which, things have improved greatly so far - it is actually still present, but toned down immensely vs before to the point where it doesn't bother me that much - and if this is the best they can do, I can live with it.

Edited by Redwo1f

6 minutes ago, zurfer said:

Can somebody give me the link to download this update ? Never saw a such hided patch! I'm seeking it since 1 h without success! lot of comments but no link!

It installs automatically when you start the game launcher.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, zurfer said:

Hi, 

Help please

Game updates aren't installed by you clicking a link. The game launcher checks for updates on launch.

Edit: DOH!

Edited by Dave

*Dear Developers,

Surprised, stunned, flabbergasted .. Was not expecting a fix this quickly.

You are the best, no doubt about it!

A big sincere thank you :thank_you:

:salute:  :)

On 5/26/2020 at 9:39 AM, Vranq said:

How can this be a driver issue if the error wasn't present before the patch? 

Exactly, AMD Drivers are fine with all other games. It's not the first time AMD cards are having issues on major updates. Either way you have to test on both cards and just because Nvidia works doesnt mean there won't be issues with AMD cards. It's obvious the devs use Nvidia so you guys fin any issues straight away but you have to test both Nvidia and AMD and not just Navi but GCN cards too. I know you guys are a small studio and all but this happned before so you guys should have tested before hand more. Ask Amd nicely for cards for testing the should send you so you can test for their cards beter.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, =IL2AU=astrix_au said:

AMD Drivers are fine with all other games.

That is not entirely true. Many AMD users use 3rd party drivers as the official ones can be problematic with some games. 

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =IL2AU=astrix_au said:

Exactly, AMD Drivers are fine with all other games. It's not the first time AMD cards are having issues on major updates. Either way you have to test on both cards and just because Nvidia works doesnt mean there won't be issues with AMD cards. It's obvious the devs use Nvidia so you guys fin any issues straight away but you have to test both Nvidia and AMD and not just Navi but GCN cards too. I know you guys are a small studio and all but this happned before so you guys should have tested before hand more. Ask Amd nicely for cards for testing the should send you so you can test for their cards beter.

The ATI/AMD support stated it is a driver issue... The devs have been forced to develop a workaround for this issue, without getting the best from the DirectX, as it was with the 4.006 release.

). 

Edited by E69_Cananas
  • Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ala13_UnopaUno_VR said:

I have no doubt that in 2/3 years the VR community will be the base Of the simulation. 

You is wrong!

• Upvote 4

Just now, =IL2AU=astrix_au said:

Any game engine in the world is a work in progress project. These bugs are usually not that complicated and fixable in your own, local codebase , and even if not, equipped to provide proper diagnostics to AMD or Nvidia Support and you may simply need to wait to have your issue addressed. Having priceless direct support to AMD and Nvidia allow to fix really serious problems much faster.

BTW for what are Beta Tester there -> A Beta Tester always has different Hardware. Looks all their Beta Tester use Nvidia.  And when then the Update release we see problems on AMD rail, nice. Then you read use better Nvidia, great.  For me, the Update was not even tested properly just pushed out to see what happen, waiting for the detailed Reports from the Enduser.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, =IL2AU=astrix_au said:

A workaround was delivered within hours.

A hotfix was delivered over the weekend

The issue is fixed.

So what is the point? It is not like the game didnt start for weeks.

If you reflect to process of your profession, I am pretty sure u will find paralells 😉.

Keeping the perfect world beside.

Edited by 1./JG42Nephris

23 minutes ago, Livai said:

For me, the Update was not even tested properly just pushed out to see what happen, waiting for the detailed Reports from the Enduser.

For me, you are wrong.

Kind regards

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

You is wrong!

Be sure!

Posted (edited)

15 hours ago, 6./ZG26_5tuka said:

Not quite true. Check the He 111 for example. It's reflections show the front gunner / bombardir which change when he moves forward to lean against the gunsight.

While it's not fully dynamic for sake of performence, it still has some adaptability to the scenery.

Well. I didn´t test every plane after the recent patch. If it´s true, kudos to you an the Dev´s... and shame on me. :salute:

Edited by Semor76

17 minutes ago, Semor76 said:

Well. I didn´t test every plane after the recent patch. If it´s true, kudos to you an the Dev´s... and shame on me. :salute:

I think you are right, but it appear to be dynamic. And that is really all we need. 
I notice difference occasionally in different angle of light also. Some times I feel it is too much and orher times like” where did it goes”

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Nividia is the way to go. I tried ATI cards long long ago and drivers where always an issue. I stopped and never came back. Nvidia is THE board for the flight sim activities.

I agree that It may seem a little radical, and AMD made a lot of progress too for its CPU and GPU. But I have been so much pleased with excellent drivers and performance over the years with Nvidia that the combination of Intel CPU and Nvidia GPU has been a winner for a decade. AMD may be catching up but is still not there as a GPU-CPU combination. Having 18 or more cores (but with slower clocks) does not mean that you are faster for the type of flight sim we have here. And as per thread Intel still remains the faster. This is why 14nm technology from Intel at 5 GHz through all cores (not too many but just right enough) still beats AMD. 

I foresee that the future top desktop Intel CPU with the coming Nvidia Ampere GPU will still be the winning pair for our IL2 flight sim. We have to see if this will also apply to the new Microsoft Flight Sim.

I agree that here I have not put the financials in the equation. I am talking only raw max performance. In terms of price if we do a cost/performance optimization probably AMD CPU-GPU become the winning pair, and this is probably the reason of their success in the last years.

Edited by IckyATLAS
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I like how spotting improved now I can enjoy the game a little more, I still think it needs work but my squad at least returned to the game and I can have fun again :)

I'm trying to ignore the fact that, with my limited playing time, it seems whenever I *do* get to set aside some time to fly I have to wait for an update.  

The most recent news I see is this:

Update 4.006

Around a month has passed since the previous humongous update and we have another right here. Its changelist is not as so hideously long (it is still too long, however - more than 80 items), but some of them are quite important.

This was on 5/19/20,  I have been flying since then and today its 5/27/20 - I dont see any news about it yet I am downloading (and not flying!!!!) again.

What is it?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sholtz said:

I'm trying to ignore the fact that, with my limited playing time, it seems whenever I *do* get to set aside some time to fly I have to wait for an update.  

The most recent news I see is this:

Update 4.006

Around a month has passed since the previous humongous update and we have another right here. Its changelist is not as so hideously long (it is still too long, however - more than 80 items), but some of them are quite important.

This was on 5/19/20,  I have been flying since then and today its 5/27/20 - I dont see any news about it yet I am downloading (and not flying!!!!) again.

What is it?

Probably the hotfix for the AMD driver issues. The Devs had to do a work around for people with AMD graphics cards, because the new renderer was causing huge graphical glitches and making the game nearly unplayable. 4.005b was a hotfix with an initial work around to make the game borderline playable, and 4.005C was a hotfix that actually fixed the issue with a proper work around. 

EDIT: Ninja'd by @Jade_Monkey!

Edited by RedKestrel

It is very difficult to judge the cloud reflections and color saturation of the sea of Kuban in summer at  midday with maximum waves. I find them too agressive but it is difficult to compare to something like a picture of the real sea in similar conditions.

• Upvote 1

There really shouldn't be any cloud reflections at all if the sea surface is rough because of a strong wind. Shadows, yes, reflections, no.

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Eric86 said:

Just got done playing around with the new update. Glitches are all gone and my old RX-480 is able to render even the heavily forested areas of Kuban in 1440p with everything on high + FXAA at a solid 60 fps. I love it!

20200526184625_1.jpg

Besides that your picture comes along very nicely :salute: , I've really fallen in love with these raindrop effects the developers of IL-2 BoX have achieved.

Honestly, compared to other popular sims, IL-2's humidity/raindrop effect is the best of the best , and it transists so harmoniously during flying through the clouds, such a natural flow - oh gosh - you almost feel like flying.  And it performs so FPS friendly as well .... .

Please, please, dear developers of IL-2/Rise of flight/Flying Circus:  Please keep going highly motivated and keep your high spirits !!!

All the best.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

There is no need to keep making comments about VR zoom in this thread. Sneaksie was clearing things up due to many inaccurate comments and messages sent to us about VR Zoom and how it works and the mod in question. What Sneaksie has said is accurate. Our FOV in VR is the same as in 2D and we did not take any action to block it's use. There are other factors that affect VR Zoom appearance. There is no purposeful attempt to make VR Zoom less than on a monitor. Nor is any attempt by us to say they are the exact same. Please take such discussions elsewhere. This thread is not the place. We are well aware of all angles of this topic.

I have said more about it in the VR section so the entire situation is more clear. 

Jason

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Werner_Voss said:

Besides that your picture comes along very nicely :salute: , I've really fallen in love with these raindrop effects the developers of IL-2 BoX have achieved.

Honestly, compared to other popular sims, IL-2's humidity/raindrop effect is the best of the best , and it transists so harmoniously during flying through the clouds, such a natural flow - oh gosh - you almost feel like flying.  And it performs so FPS friendly as well .... .

Please, please, dear developers of IL-2/Rise of flight/Flying Circus:  Please keep going highly motivated and keep your high spirits !!!

All the best.

What would really be cool now is bugs and insect spatter down low at ground level on the summer maps of the steppe.  If you stay too long at grass level they start hindering visibility, kind of forcing you to go up into the clouds and get them washed off.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Hey, Fellow Pilots,

First thing: We love this sim!  It is the best of them all...bar none!

Many thanks to all the devs and with Jason at the till!  The IL-2 community is the cat's meow!

My story is: I can't fly now (bummer, dudes).  When I go on to Steam and start the Play, within moments I get bounced back to the starting point...to start the play (again)!  Ouch!  Simple problem, but way out of my wheelhouse!

All I can do is wait on the sidelines until something or someone comes to me rescue...arrgh, mateys!

Sure do miss this sim and its beautiful scenery...and its guns too! 

But I'm not worried.  My bet is on Jason, the devs, this community.  We be the ones who keep us keepen on!

But I really need to get back in the air: I've got my Yak-9 waiting for me...and I gots to climb into my Hawker Hurricane ASAP!

Thanks, guys, you've cheered me up...keep looking up!

Edited by CTquicknthedead

On 5/26/2020 at 5:14 PM, Han said:

Dear friends,

During the weekend we were able to build and test 4.006c hotfix that addresses the problem of certain Direct 3D functionality support by the AMD graphics cards. This problem caused serious graphical corruption in our sim. In addition, it also fixes other bugs that have been found:

1. Graphics corruption on AMD cards has been fixed;
2. Hit effects (on the ground, water and buildings) are correctly recorded in game tracks;
3. Sun reflection off a sea water surface made more uniform;
4. The audibility of 7-8mm bullet hits on the own aircraft has been corrected;
5. The excessive audio volume on the water hits has been corrected;
6. Hit sounds were balanced by the volume and distance;
7. AI-controlled tanks use the ammo specified in a mission file;
8. An MG firing outside can be heard inside a tank;
9. Bf 110 stabilizer won't break off after rapidly pushing the controls in opposite directions (or joystick induced signal noise spikes);
10. Hits on Bf 109 tails produce correct visual hit effects;
11. 30 and 37 mm hits on non-metal aircraft parts produce correct visual hit effects;
12. Yak-9 and Yak-9T rear landing gear doors look correctly when damaged;
13. Photo in the cockpit corrected on Sopwith Camel and Pfalz D.IIIa;
14. Inscription “ФН” ("FN") on the La-5FN engine casing is no longer inverted;
15. La-5FN doesn't have a hole on the rotor head anymore;
16. Bf 109 F-2 gunsight won't be covered by spilled oil when the canopy is;
17. Bf 109 F-2 sun glare on instruments won't look too yellow;
18. A graphical artifact looking like a thin line above some tree crowns has been removed;

19. Repair, Rearm and Refuel using spawned service vehicles was fixed.

Our team continues to expand and improve the project and its quality.

4006c.thumb.jpg.3caeb8737e49f75ac4eca4e18cd306a7.jpg

giphy.gif

Its a pity that the sound bug of the P51 when it is looked from outside from the front has not been corrected.

Maybe in a next update 🙂 

Yes, I should have done this also, but I was busy playing. Thanks to the team for their rapid response team. :salute: