Han

Game version 4.006 discussion: Deferred Shading, Yak-9, SU-152, New Campaigns, 4K for 4 planes

because they came to light after the patch which changed things ;)

8 minutes ago, Vranq said:

How can this be a driver issue if the error wasn't present before the patch? 

We changed the renderer using a different technique.

Jason

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Vranq said:

Drivers can have all sort of "bugs" that are really attempts to squeak out a bit more performance.

This is a big part of the reason why professional GPUs cost so much. Its not just the hardware you're paying for but also the validated drivers that do everything the proper way.

On 5/24/2020 at 8:01 PM, driftaholic said:

I just wish I could adjust the intensity of the reflections. I ended up turning them off because they were to strong for me in VR

Same

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Vranq said:

Because they work on a supported API by AMD, if they use the API correctly that means that AMD failed to support some features correctly that's why they have to fix it via drivers

• Upvote 3

How they managed to add these incredible canopy reflections whilst maintaining FPS is remarkable.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 5/24/2020 at 8:01 PM, VR-DriftaholiC said:

I just wish I could adjust the intensity of the reflections. I ended up turning them off because they were to strong for me in VR

I'm not absolutely sure this caused the improvement because I messed with multiple settings, but after I turned off HDR the intensity seemed more subtle and now I like it.

On 5/24/2020 at 9:01 PM, Livai said:

Have you seen this -> The Plane on fire but the Pilot cheer inside the Cockpit. Have you seen where he has his feets not sure if this is right but this looks strange. Strange too it happends only on AMD Cards because with a Nvidia Card I don't see funny things happen???

20200524212442_1.thumb.jpg.8d2b56783864b8fbb273340ec70b9e1b.jpg

I had a cheering pilot as my plane crashed, mostly intact, minus the wings and tail. I couldn't bail so the pilot stayed in his seat and jerked around. Could be that the game has triggered the pilot animation (e.g. bailing out) but it doesn't happen and it just loops the part where the pilot puts his hands up to bail.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Bilbo_Baggins said:

How they managed to add these incredible canopy reflections whilst maintaining FPS is remarkable.

😄These are not really reflections . Its more like an static transparent "reflection effect" (looks nice but is non dynamic)

Edited by Semor76
  • Confused 2
  • Upvote 1

Please we need a second zoon in VR like 5x similar to DCS spyglass or what the Migoto Mod Provided. I am having a really hard time playing in multiplayer servers.... I can not spot as well and really strain my eyesight having to use the native x2 VR zoom all the time.... please please Help

14 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

We changed the renderer using a different technique.

Jason

Please we need a second zoon in VR like 5x similar to DCS spyglass or what the Migoto Mod Provided. I am having a really hard time playing in multiplayer servers.... I can not spot as well and really strain my eyesight having to use the native x2 VR zoom.... please please Help

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Semor76 said:

😄These are not really reflections . Its more like an static transparent "reflection effect" (looks nice but is non dynamic)

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Nothing in the game is real! It is all a complex illusion produced by computer hardware!

Check for yourself, when you lean in close enough you can see it is all just pixels. 

For real though, what would be accomplished by dynamic reflections? You want to check your altitude in the reflection from the canopy?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Han said:

Dear friends,

During the weekend we were able to build and test 4.006c hotfix that addresses the problem of certain Direct 3D functionality support by the AMD graphics cards. This problem caused serious graphical corruption in our sim. In addition, it also fixes other bugs that have been found:

1. Graphics corruption on AMD cards has been fixed;
2. Hit effects (on the ground, water and buildings) are correctly recorded in game tracks;
3. Sun reflection off a sea water surface made more uniform;
4. The audibility of 7-8mm bullet hits on the own aircraft has been corrected;
5. The excessive audio volume on the water hits has been corrected;
6. Hit sounds were balanced by the volume and distance;
7. AI-controlled tanks use the ammo specified in a mission file;
8. An MG firing outside can be heard inside a tank;
9. Bf 110 stabilizer won't break off after rapidly pushing the controls in opposite directions (or joystick induced signal noise spikes);
10. Hits on Bf 109 tails produce correct visual hit effects;
11. 30 and 37 mm hits on non-metal aircraft parts produce correct visual hit effects;
12. Yak-9 and Yak-9T rear landing gear doors look correctly when damaged;
13. Photo in the cockpit corrected on Sopwith Camel and Pfalz D.IIIa;
14. Inscription “ФН” ("FN") on the La-5FN engine casing is no longer inverted;
15. La-5FN doesn't have a hole on the rotor head anymore;
16. Bf 109 F-2 gunsight won't be covered by spilled oil when the canopy is;
17. Bf 109 F-2 sun glare on instruments won't look too yellow;
18. A graphical artifact looking like a thin line above some tree crowns has been removed.

Our team continues to expand and improve the project and its quality.

4006c.thumb.jpg.3caeb8737e49f75ac4eca4e18cd306a7.jpg

I take my hat off to you! I'm curious to try the Hotfix and can only thank you for all the efforts you put in!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@Han you guys rock! (For the removal of doubt, that is a compliment!) I don’t have an AMD card but this shows your dedication to your client base.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, kendo said:

951MB  !!

594.6 MB on Steam, you guys leave me speechless ,thanks!

Any update on the issues reported for TC for damage to tanks?? 

Found a bug on the Camel.  When using the instrument light, an area of the instrument panel becomes transparent and you can see the back of the engine spinning around.

HGNYIB.jpg

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super on latest drivers.

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

The best WW2 sim is also in the best hands, coincidence?

Many thanks!

Edited by LF_Gallahad
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

THANK YOU....THANK YOU.....THANK YOU!

2020_5_26__17_21_24.jpg

2 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

You want to check your altitude in the reflection from the canopy?

Don't give people any ideas 🤣

Outstanding work.

I found a bug on Fokker D.VII F, when you move the 3 person view, the fuselage disappears (graphic all max with FXAA or MSAA, my PC specs on the signature, nVidia driver 450.99).

D7F.jpg

D7F2.jpg

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, AtomicP said:

I had a cheering pilot as my plane crashed, mostly intact, minus the wings and tail. I couldn't bail so the pilot stayed in his seat and jerked around. Could be that the game has triggered the pilot animation (e.g. bailing out) but it doesn't happen and it just loops the part where the pilot puts his hands up to bail.

Could be Easter Eggs waiting to be found. :)

Still alive

20200526212439_2.thumb.jpg.b2581f79ebd683e5348507b10ccdb0d4.jpg

Edited by Livai

9 minutes ago, Livai said:

Still alive

Are you flying on the S'More's Server? 😁

10 minutes ago, Livai said:

Still alive

thisisfine.jpg.ab5520fd18f3def05d67d54b52137e01.jpg

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Beebop said:

Are you flying on the S'More's Server? 😁

On Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner  😁

Congratulations to the fantastic team  for all the improvement and all the hard work!

Special thanks for the two Yaks 9 i was waiting for since i stopped playing 1946.  The waiting was so long but worth it - as i knew since the first time i heard about your plan to build a new IL2.  Many, many thanks !

Beautiful model, FM, skins, and cockpit details:  it's like a travel in time!

This is gradually becoming the new WW2 legendary sim, well done guys :good:

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Semor76 said:

Not quite true. Check the He 111 for example. It's reflections show the front gunner / bombardir which change when he moves forward to lean against the gunsight.

While it's not fully dynamic for sake of performence, it still has some adaptability to the scenery.

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Found a bug on the Camel.  When using the instrument light, an area of the instrument panel becomes transparent and you can see the back of the engine spinning around.

HGNYIB.jpg

Nvidia RTX 2070 Super on latest drivers.

Already reported. Was told about this on the Flugpark Discord by No.204_Redman.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Upvote 1

Thanks very much, guys. The changes are welcome as always, and adding to the visuals is something distinctly needed in a flight sim (and always have been, as you do a lot of flying over land and water for long periods).

Please note that 3dmigoto wasn't blocked, it simply stopped working because all the shaders in the game were changed for deferred shading renderer. If the mod creator makes a new version of the mod, it will be working again. Both the maximum regular and VR zoom result in the same FOV - 30 degrees, so the mod gave you a several times stronger zoom in VR than it was possible on a regular screen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

These skinpacks for the two FC campaigns, where are they posted?

26 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

Please note that 3dmigoto wasn't blocked, it simply stopped working because all the shaders in the game were changed for deferred shading renderer. If the mod creator makes a new version of the mod, it will be working again. Both the maximum regular and VR zoom result in the same FOV - 30 degrees, so the mod gave you a several times stronger zoom in VR than it was possible on a regular screen.

Thanks for the official line on the 3DMigoto Mod. Looking forward to @c6_lefuneste making some progress to bringing the mod back. <3.

10 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Loke said:

These skinpacks for the two FC campaigns, where are they posted?

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

¿Es posible esperar en el futuro, un zoom mejorado para los usuarios de realidad virtual, de forma nativa? sin tener que recurrir a un mod como 3dmigoto's? Creo que eso es lo que realmente necesita la comunidad de realidad virtual.

Un verdadero zoom equivalente al utilizado por los monitores de 2d. Optimizado, el trabajo de Lefuneste es apreciado, pero creo que debería ser nativo.

I think that we are more and more users who use VR, and we only ask for a little pampering, without a doubt this 4,006 is a great advance, and I have no doubt that in 2/3 years the VR community will be the base Of the simulation. You have to create a good solid foundation, and let people know that it has great support from the developers, who certainly trust them.

Edited by Ala13_UnopaUno_VR
  • Upvote 3