Han

Game version 4.006 discussion: Deferred Shading, Yak-9, SU-152, New Campaigns, 4K for 4 planes

Hi, i have a problem: if i start the game with 2k res it dont start, black screen...if start at 4k no problem..i have a nvidia 1080 gtx

Pretty happy with what seems to be some improved visibility of aircraft

On 5/22/2020 at 11:14 AM, Tbolt47 said:

Yes when the sun is low and reflecting on the water it does look quite strange.

49923178283_42b4845597_o.jpg

Looks like a byproduct of post sharpening. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SeaSerpent said:

Pretty happy with what seems to be some improved visibility of aircraft

Agreed. I've been playing around with settings and Reshade etc. quite a bit and TBH getting good spotting results with just simple settings: 4x MSAA, landscape blur and sharpen "on", with Gamma at 1.0.

I actually prefer the Reshade "Lumasharpen" since it is a little less harsh looking than the game's filter, but the game's sharpen makes targets stand out better and I suspect Reshade of giving me the occasional stutter.

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, driftaholic said:

Looks like a byproduct of post sharpening. 

Not quite sure what you mean by that. To me it looks more like how the sunlight is interacting with the transparency of the water.

Edited by Tbolt47

Posted (edited)
On 5/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, Jaguar320 said:

Another issue I've found is that 4x and 8x time compression is not working in Carrer and Mission Modes, it only works with Quick Mission Builder. If you have an external view with Cinematic activated it seems that its working correctly, but it's not. To test this, you have to be inside the cockpit and check the clock. If you chrono 1 minute in 2x time compression it delays 30 seconds on real life, but if you chrono on 4x or 8x it's the same time and it shouldn't, it should be less. In QMB it delays 20 secs. and 12 seconds respectively.

This issue has been around (and reported) for a long time. Time compression is effected by your PC's processor and the number of AI in a mission. I don't think anybody has actually witnessed 4x or 8x in a career mission for a couple of years. In fact it's possible to have so many AI in a mission that in game mission time runs slower than actual time. This anomaly has been labeled Time Dilation. 

WRT your observation about the recent 110 damage model behavior...off the top of my cranium I don't think this has been reported. I'll check it out.

Edited by busdriver
  • Like 1

Does anyone else have the default skins for the new Yaks being loaded into the custom skins menu as skin01, 02, etc?

• Upvote 1

I have the 9T only.  All skins in "Official", 11 total including default.

17 hours ago, RedKestrel said:

They are working on a fix with AMD. Have you tried switching the AA method and turning off the grass?

Thank you for the reply.

Yeah tried switching to AA but that literally took my FPS from 45 to 15. If I get 2-3 AI planes the game becomes unplayable. 

Will try switching off the grass, see what that does.

Regards

• Upvote 1

Have you seen this -> The Plane on fire but the Pilot cheer inside the Cockpit. Have you seen where he has his feets not sure if this is right but this looks strange. Strange too it happends only on AMD Cards because with a Nvidia Card I don't see funny things happen???

20200524212442_1.thumb.jpg.8d2b56783864b8fbb273340ec70b9e1b.jpg

10 minutes ago, Livai said:

Strange too it happends only on AMD Cards because with a Nvidia Card I don't see funny things happen???

AMD has a strange sense of humor.  (?)

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Livai said:

Have you seen this -> The Plane on fire but the Pilot cheer inside the Cockpit. Have you seen where he has his feets not sure if this is right but this looks strange. Strange too it happends only on AMD Cards because with a Nvidia Card I don't see funny things happen???

I have seen similar clipping on my Nvidia card - my pilot's hands clipped into the side of my 109 as I was climbing out to bail out.

Si far I don’t have issues (GTX 1080i)

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but here is a glitch that I discovered today in multiplayer, Wings Of Liberty. Ships disappear when zooming-in. Check the video.

My specs in the signature. I play with all the settings maxed out and landscape is set to blurred.

Edited by KylerHolland
  • Upvote 1

On 5/23/2020 at 11:08 AM, Jaguar320 said:

I've been flying carrer mode on the Bf 110, but something happened to the tail structural integrity. Upon 4.006 update the tail breaks suddenly without any apparent reason half of the times I fly it. Maybe its some bug with the damage model because with very slight damage on the airplane (and not necessarily on the tail) it just breaks up. I haven't found a reason, because I had not exceeded the G limit, nor the maximum airspeed. It wasn't that way before.

I can verify your observation. It has been reported.

1 hour ago, KylerHolland said:

I don't know if this was mentioned before, but here is a glitch that I discovered today in multiplayer, Wings Of Liberty. Ships disappear when zooming-in.

I've noticed the same before update.

• Upvote 2

On 5/21/2020 at 7:04 AM, =EXPEND=CG_Justin said:

Canopy reflections: They look pretty cool, and didn't give a real performance hit for me, I did turn them off however. It just didn't do much for my overall experience personally, but this is just my opinion. I'm sure there are other people that love them and will use them all the time, but for me, I just cant be bothered. Very cool feature to have available should I decide to use them in the future though!

Just wondering: Do you fly VR?
For me ─ flying in VR ─ these canopy reflections come as an absolute "Wow, they did it again!" They are not only state-of-the-art and I know of no other flightsim that features dynamic canopy reflections (AFS2's static reflections look just plain ridiculous), for me they're also another immersion booster.
I'd like to read more about how they are done. I have the feeling that there is some "cheat" in it. They do not update in real time, seems like only about once every second with some blending in between. At least that's what I figured out before I hit the ground.🥴 But these reflections sure look tremendous.
However I am glad they come as an option. Otherwise we had loud protests because they make spotting targets even harder. And I must admit, the P-38's cockpit seems now even more claustrophobic than before. But for me, turning them off is NOT an option. Kudos to the devs! 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I just wish I could adjust the intensity of the reflections. I ended up turning them off because they were to strong for me in VR

6 hours ago, Warthogaporob said:

Will try switching off the grass, see what that does.

Switching off grass worked for me to a point - it stopped the ground from having these black spots. Unfortunately the clouds, when viewed from the top or parallel to them, get pixelized still.

• Upvote 1

I really like that they keep adding new details to existing vehicles, like the new wheel options for the T34.

There is no info on what is the impact of selecting those loadouts though, does the metal wheel have any downsides?

Regarding the indirect fire mode, i just had a session testing it out and it's a lot of fun once you get the hang of it.

However, the interface is terrible and having to go through all the steps just to make small modifications like the azimuth and distance is pretty apalling. I really hope this gets more attention in the future as I can see it has a lot of potential, but it seems like it's been designed by an engineer who was given a spec sheet instead of someone who wants to enjoy the feature.

My suggestion would be to create a screen similar to the bomber's bombsight, or if that cannot be done, please think about other more user friendly menu system.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Livai said:

When the pilot dies during bailout animation he makes funny things. Its with nvidia too. Its an old bug

Edited by Voidhunger

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MarderIV said:

Switching off grass worked for me to a point - it stopped the ground from having these black spots. Unfortunately the clouds, when viewed from the top or parallel to them, get pixelized still.

I have NVidia GTX 1070, and while I don't get the grass issue, the cloud pixilation issue is present regardless of cloud setting in game. Higher settings improve it but don't eliminate it completely. Most notable on heavy cloud setting on far clouds above you, when FOV is fully out.(if you zoom in on clouds it is not there)

I can't remember if this is something new with current patch or not, I don't remember noticing it this much before.

I've played around with dif graphics settings(higher msaa setting has no impact) , and can't eliminate it fully. The cloud shimmer is very noticeable now as a result.

I also tested with "More Realistic Clouds" mod on and off and the difference is night and day, that mod makes clouds look really good , much more realistic ,and no shimmer or pixilation is present probably because clouds have less defined edges and more like a smoke effect, like a real cloud is.

It also adds considerable depth to clouds. I hope this is fixed in a update, because clouds look pretty terrible now stock.

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
link added
  • Upvote 1

9 часов назад, KylerHolland сказал:

I don't know if this was mentioned before

7 часов назад, 1stCL/rudidlo сказал:

I've noticed the same before update

Many players many times have been already mentioned this bug before, unfortunately...

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2020 at 5:51 AM, Tbolt47 said:

Not quite sure what you mean by that. To me it looks more like how the sunlight is interacting with the transparency of the water.

that's a result of having Anti-aliasing Transparency super sampling or multi-sampling on, not recommended for IL-2. it will cause light artifact and bleed through smoke and ground.

turn this off in the NVIDIA control panel.

Edited by 71st_AH_Mastiff

I dont know why my post was deleted... I didn't insult anyone. Just put my thanks and few cents.

Incredible....this is black magic 👀!  With this update my frame rate went from 23fps min to 80fps min in same mission🙌 with no settings changed. Now I have bumped up all eye candy +++ and min FPS around 40fps. Still have chance to improve by further tweaking I think, but already I am blown away with this result💪.

ASUS ROG Laptop i7 960M Nvidia 16GB Ram

• Upvote 1

Whats up with the P-47? Its awful right now, so easy to shoot down.

I destroyed eleven yesterday in a single mission, eleven. All but one had the engine catching on fire. Right now its the easiest plane to shoot down, not to mention the AI is awful with it. What makes it worse is that you always fight P-47s when you fly german in 44-45. No lightnings, no mustangs, no spits....its Tempests and thunderbolts.. .every single time. Please do something.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

that's a result of having Anti-aliasing Transparency super sampling or multi-sampling on, not recommended for IL-2. it will cause light artifact and bleed through smoke and ground.

turn this off in the NVIDIA control panel.

Okay thanks. I already had AA Transparency turned off.The only thing I had changed in the Nvidia Control Panel is turning anisotropic filtering on, turned that off and it made no different to the water effect.

Edited by Tbolt47

2 hours ago, flyingfisch said:

Any update on the AMD situation?

The ball is on AMD side because it's a driver issue not a game issue, you should ask on their forums

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Fallen in love with the canopy reflections in VR, When you move your head they fade in and out.

Great job lads, well worth FPS drop when on, I've just got to do a bit of tweaking to get FPS  back up.

Can't fly with out reflection on, now I've seen them.

Edited by DFmadasafish
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, UrrrrhhhhhWoutwocampe said:

Whats up with the P-47? Its awful right now, so easy to shoot down.

No lightnings, no mustangs, no spits....its Tempests and thunderbolts.. .every single time. Please do something.

While I cannot speak for the quality of the SP campaign, I will tell you that against a competent Human, you will find the 47 to be a respectable opponent. 

Also as a note, this update did literally nothing with the DM for the 47, wouldn't know why you'd notice this now. 

6 hours ago, RavN_Gora said:

I dont know why my post was deleted... I didn't insult anyone. Just put my thanks and few cents.

Im sorry, but no campaigning for mods to become official allowed. We are well aware of what mods people like. We focus on our work foremost and if we want to work with mod authors or adopt any mods we will reach out, but we are not obligated. I state this in the Mods section clearly. Please keep this discussion focused on the update.

FYI - AMD issue fix is in Beta testing. We think it’s corrected with maybe a small performance penalty, but tests are ongoing. AMD does things differently than Nvidia and it’s hard to reconcile them sometimes. We are disappointed with the route we had to go to fix it because based on the API it shouldn’t have happened, but yet it did so this is why it was confusing to the team and caught us off guard at first. Throw in some QA failures and some COVID quarantine and voila release headache.

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 3

Indeed.  Even with what I assume are industry standards in place for manufacturers when making hardware and the software that drives it, it must be a huge pita sometimes.  Thanks for the update.

25 minutes ago, QB.Shallot said:

While I cannot speak for the quality of the SP campaign, I will tell you that against a competent Human, you will find the 47 to be a respectable opponent. 

Also as a note, this update did literally nothing with the DM for the 47, wouldn't know why you'd notice this now. 

Indeed but I was hoping it would be improved with the latest updates. I realise it now even more because every single mission in the bdp career now is P-47 P-47 P-47. 

35 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

FYI - AMD issue fix is in Beta testing. We think it’s corrected with maybe a small performance penalty, but tests are ongoing. AMD does things differently than Nvidia and it’s hard to reconcile them sometimes. We are disappointed with the route we had to go to fix it because based on the API it shouldn’t have happened, but yet it did so this is why it was confusing to the team and caught us off guard at first. Throw in some QA failures and some COVID quarantine and voila release headache.

Understood, thanks for the update Jason. Good to hear it's in beta, that's all I was curious about. :)

i'm hoping the AMD stuff gets fixed

but in other news:

the 110 getting fixed is really good too see. it's gonna bring some balance into some maps, especially when before you had a plane that had the bomb-load of a pe-2, the speed of an early 109, and could out-turn a yak. it was crazy broken. 

2 hours ago, Jason_Williams said:

Im sorry, but no campaigning for mods to become official allowed. We are well aware of what mods people like. We focus on our work foremost and if we want to work with mod authors or adopt any mods we will reach out, but we are not obligated. I state this in the Mods section clearly. Please keep this discussion focused on the update.

Jason

The release was pretty much smooth, not everyone has problems and its pretty stable, due the current situation I think this is one of the best patches.

6 hours ago, SJ_Butcher said:

The ball is on AMD side because it's a driver issue not a game issue, you should ask on their forums

How can this be a driver issue if the error wasn't present before the patch? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1