Jason_Williams

Official Scripted Campaign "Lightning Strikes!"

Jag,

Just flew two missions and true to form the campaign is a winner!  Loved it so far, congratulations to you and the team.

Falcon

52 minutes ago, Desode said:

Thank you so much!  I will check that right now! That would make total sense!  

Your canopy closes automatically when you are moving, but unless you hit “C” to close it, the windows stay down. That’s probably it.

25 minutes ago, Falcon41 said:

Jag,

Just flew two missions and true to form the campaign is a winner!  Loved it so far, congratulations to you and the team.

Falcon

Thanks for the comments Falcon and thanks to everyone who has posted and I missed them. I wish I could pay closer attention, but I have been back at work for a while now.

It really was a team effort, Jason had it translated into something like 7 languages and localized for all of them. That wasn’t free. The testers helped improve it and I got some good advice along the way. I really appreciate it being distributed and hosted on the forum.

For anyone on the fence, maybe this will get them to buy Battle of Bodenplatte and the P-38 collector plane so we can keep our Devs working on Battle of Normandy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loving the campaign so far as a P-38 fanboy!  Where do I get the skins at?  I tried searching but I'm either blind or stupid lol

11 minutes ago, Reedrick said:

Loving the campaign so far as a P-38 fanboy!  Where do I get the skins at?  I tried searching but I'm either blind or stupid lol

Look at the first post, right below the picture, the link is there.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Desode said:

I set up a custom setting with more full sim settings and started to fly the first mission.

I had tremendous shaking in the cockpit. Best was to describe it was the whole cockpit was vibratining after I had gained altitude and was level flying to the target in formation. 

I had my flaps raised and made sure the airbreak was not on. 

I left the mission and then restarted it with the "Normal" setting that I have been using for quick mission figuring I was missing some aircraft flap setting?  The cockpit vibration was still there in normal setting.

Just to test what was going on I went  back to a quick mission with normal on and had no cockpit vibration. 

I had used the california cutie skin in the lightning strikes campaign and didn't use it in the quick mission.  

Any idea why I am experiencing such brutal cockpit vibration?

Is there a seperate flap system on the aircraft that I could be missing that is causing this?

What threw me off is that in normal on quick mission its not there but in the lightning campaign on normal it is there.

Sincerely,Desode

The windows on the sides of the canopy can be lowered during flight, but this can cause the excessive shaking of the plane.

This info is from in game specification description of the p38 also found here...

Edited by =RS=Stix_09
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

There is a map problem with mission 9 "Bonn".  The full map did not come up, only a larger part.  I flew the mission and reached the map limit and this message came up "Turn Left Your leaving Combat Area".  Continued on found the target area....and was able to complete the mission.

Edited by Taxman
Spelling

Posted (edited)

@Taxman, Ok, I looked at it and the GUI map was somehow changed to Prokhorovka. My bad. Unfortunately it’s like 4 am in Moscow so it will be tomorrow before I can do anything about it. I’m glad you were able to finish the mission, but I will try to get it fixed.

I guess you have made it further through than anyone else so far since it was uploaded. I don’t see any other problems at the moment. I am looking through the maps on the rest of the missions now.

Edited by Jaegermeister

2 hours ago, Taxman said:

Look at the first post, right below the picture, the link is there.

yep, I'm an idiot.  Looked right over it, thanks

1 hour ago, Jaegermeister said:

@Taxman, Ok, I looked at it and the GUI map was somehow changed to Prokhorovka. My bad. Unfortunately it’s like 4 am in Moscow so it will be tomorrow before I can do anything about it. I’m glad you were able to finish the mission, but I will try to get it fixed.

I guess you have made it further through than anyone else so far since it was uploaded. I don’t see any other problems at the moment. I am looking through the maps on the rest of the missions now.

Ok thanks for looking.  Just about to start mission 11.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Taxman said:

Ok thanks for looking.  Just about to start mission 11.

Thanks for letting me know. I looked at the rest of the maps and they should be OK. If you keep at it, you should be getting snowed on well before morning...

Edited by Jaegermeister

Many thanks for sharing your work (with us incompetents) gratis as part of 4.006.

42 minutes ago, pilotpierre said:

Many thanks for sharing your work (with us incompetents) gratis as part of 4.006.

Many your welcomes from the semi competent. I hope you get your money’s worth. 😁

Posted (edited)

Thanks for making this. P38 is so cool that it deserve own campaign. This campaign will be first thing to do when I can buy battle of bodenplatte.

edit: I just could not resist.

Just looked store and what did I see!! There was sale, Battle of Bodenplatte premium just for 19,99!!

Instantly stopped working, star up my own computer and bought bobp.

I cant believe it was so cheap, on last sale price was higher. I dont complain 🙂

Edited by Mika_87

Thanks a lot! It has been a great surprise!

This takes the Collector Planes to a new level :popcorm:

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

If you have standard version of BOBP, p-38j-25 is 4.99$

RUN guys, this campaign MUST be played

Edited by Tigre91
  • Upvote 2

Dear Jägermeister, thank you very much for this Piece of art! I fly mostly german planes but this campaign was the first time i could really feel the atmosphere of western front air combat in this sim. I just flew the attack on Schmidt and the multiple strikes that left the town in ruins really lets you imagine the US airpower at this stage of the war. I also like the fact that there are only few Luftwaffe planes around (till now).  Thanks again for this work, im off to my p 38 Cockpit right now ;-)

@Jaegermeister this campaig is a truly work of art. The missions, briefings and the overall atmosphere makes it a true gem. Congratulations! 

• Upvote 2

This is the way to go Devs, a free scripted campaign for a collector plane and the a sale for the plane. Thumbs up! :popcorm:

I am waiting for the Yak9 and Hurricane!  :yahoo:

• Upvote 1

Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing that brings me back to this sim. I was awaiting just the thing for this unique plane. Thanks very much.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

This is the way to go Devs, a free scripted campaign for a collector plane and the a sale for the plane. Thumbs up! :popcorm:

I am waiting for the Yak9 and Hurricane!  :yahoo:

The Yak9 was released along with the latest update.  I believe it is a collectors plane if you already purchased it, it should be ready to fly.  Unless you are waiting for Yak9 and Hurricane to go on sale.

13 hours ago, Mika_87 said:

Thanks for making this. P38 is so cool that it deserve own campaign. This campaign will be first thing to do when I can buy battle of bodenplatte.

12 hours ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

Thanks a lot! It has been a great surprise!  This takes the Collector Planes to a new level :popcorm:

8 hours ago, Tigre91 said:

If you have standard version of BOBP, p-38j-25 is 4.99$  RUN guys, this campaign MUST be played

1 hour ago, Tokkotai said:

Dear Jägermeister, thank you very much for this Piece of art! I fly mostly german planes but this campaign was the first time i could really feel the atmosphere of western front air combat in this sim. I just flew the attack on Schmidt and the multiple strikes that left the town in ruins really lets you imagine the US airpower at this stage of the war. I also like the fact that there are only few Luftwaffe planes around (till now).  Thanks again for this work, im off to my p 38 Cockpit right now 😉

1 hour ago, LF_Gallahad said:

@Jaegermeister this campaig is a truly work of art. The missions, briefings and the overall atmosphere makes it a true gem. Congratulations! 

1 hour ago, Orville64 said:

Thanks Jaegermeister, really awesome 😃

1 hour ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

1 hour ago, unlikely_spider said:

Yes, this is exactly the kind of thing that brings me back to this sim. I was awaiting just the thing for this unique plane. Thanks very much.

You guys are all very welcome. Just saying you appreciate it is enough to make it worth doing.

Thanks for the comments and compliments, but it was really the guys that flew these missions back in the day we should thank. You should also thank Jason for giving it away for free. I was all for charging an exorbitant price and retiring to a tropical Island in the Caribbean... :dance:

Keep the comments coming and maybe @Jason_Williams will want to include more scripted campaigns with upcoming releases. I believe he is very interested in adding as much content as possible, and I am almost sure there will be more offline campaigns coming in the future.  Just keep in mind that it is not free to make or produce, and show your support by investing in the future modules like Battle of Normandy and the new collector planes.  

It might take a while, but I know some people are already thinking about what new campaigns they can make in the future.   :hunter:

Oh, BTW, the GUI map error on mission number 9 will get fixed whenever there is another update.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

HI Jaegermeister, first I would like to say that I love this sim but I'm having some difficulties with the "Lighting Strike" campaign.  I keep getting #10039 not available for this account when I try to select this campaign.  I own the P-38J and I checked to ensure that it was activated...it was.  I'm sure it's something that I'm doing that is causing this issue.  Please advise and thank you for your help.

2 hours ago, flyer_49 said:

HI Jaegermeister, first I would like to say that I love this sim but I'm having some difficulties with the "Lighting Strike" campaign.  I keep getting #10039 not available for this account when I try to select this campaign.  I own the P-38J and I checked to ensure that it was activated...it was.  I'm sure it's something that I'm doing that is causing this issue.  Please advise and thank you for your help.

I'm not sure what the issue is.

When do you get the error message? When you select the campaign and click on "Continue" or when you start a mission?

I get all of the way to start mission but instead of showing me the battle map, I get the error.  It even allows me to join units with the P-38 and goes through the daily progression but when it gets to start mission  I bought the P-38 and the P-40 at the same time and the P-40 works fine.  I can fly the P-38 in "quick missions" if I select it but can't fly it on any other map.  I even thought about re-buying the P-38 but the store won't let me buy it for myself, I would have to buy it as a gift.

6 hours ago, flyer_49 said:

It even allows me to join units with the P-38 and goes through the daily progression but when it gets to start mission 

That sounds like you are in the career mode. You do not join units or have daily progression with a scripted campaign. Post a screenshot of the error message, that would help. The whole screen.

also if you can fly the P-38 in quick missions, it’s not a problem with the download or the plane. Just take it 1 step at a time and you will get it running.

Noob question to flyer_49: do you have battle of Bodenplatte extension ?

6 hours ago, DN308 said:

Noob question to flyer_49: do you have battle of Bodenplatte extension ?

Tags under avatar suggest yes

Damn... you’re right...

Didn’t notice it. The tag isn’t gold, that’s why

We can't all be gold... ;)

@flyer_49

1) From Main Screen, select "Scripted Campaign".

2) Left Click Lightning Strikes image, outline turns green

3) Left Click "Continue", Should take you to Mission selection screen

4) Select a mission. 01 should be the only one visible, read briefing

5) Left Click "Start". You should get the loading screen and the GUI map appears after a bit.

6) Start the mission, magically appear in cockpit.

Maybe that will get it running

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Thank you to all for the help.  I do own Bodenplatte.  I just tried the suggested steps and get the same results.

1) I selected "scripted Campaigns" from the main screen

2) The "lighting Strikes" campaign did turn green

3) I clicked "continue" and it did take me to the "mission selection screen"

4) I selected the only available mission

5) I clicked start and the screen fluttered like it normally does and then it went to a screen with a pilot standing in front of a P-38 (My Gal Sal)...but it came with the error message #10039: this map is not available with this account.

I'm going to send a photo of the final page with the error message and I apologize in advance for the blurriness...while in VR, my computer doesn't allow me to do screen shots (at least I don't know how to screen shot from VR), this picture was taken with my phone...again sorry

Again, thank all of you for your understanding and help

Lighting Strike.JPG

Edited by flyer_49

Did you purchase BoBP on steam or from the site?

And your game account is it the same and linked?

For example, I have many things on steam. When I launch the game from the game shortcut, I can’t access most of maps or some planes.

I never succeeded in getting the game linked

DN308, that's good to know but all of my purchases have been directly from the IL-2 store...I have nothing but the required VR platform from Steam...and thanks for your help...

Si, do you launch your game from Steam?

No...I do nothing with Steam...I use their VR platform only but launch from IL-2 launch page...

Posted (edited)

I did a forum search and found a reference to that error in this thread. It would appear you need to contact support and have them take a look.

I see that you already posted in that thread regarding this issue for BOM. It would appear that you have more experience with this than I do. I would recommend you email support at the listed address.

Edited by Jaegermeister

Hey Jaegermeister...thanks for the advice but if you scroll down a bit you will find that I did post for help...I have already deleted and re-installed the main platform but do you think I should do it again...long process so I'm hoping you say no...;)

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, flyer_49 said:

Hey Jaegermeister...thanks for the advice but if you scroll down a bit you will find that I did post for help...I have already deleted and re-installed the main platform but do you think I should do it again...long process so I'm hoping you say no...;)

No, a reinstall will probably not help.

You posted in a 4 year old post. Did you email support? @BlackSix said "Use our support http://il2sturmovik.com/support/"

I would try that first. No one posted back on that thread so I would guess they got it sorted out. You might have to wait more than 3 hours for a reply though. It's 2:00 am Monday morning in Moscow right now.

Oh, BTW, I can answer one of your questions. The reason you could not purchase the Premium Edition of those modules is most likely that you already have a collector plane included with it. You can't buy it twice for yourself. That's why I have the standard version of BOM and BOK... I had already bought the collector planes so that was my only option. Otherwise I would have the spiffy silver bars on the left that not many people have. 

Edit... After reading this, you definitely need to send an email to support. It would appear that has been suggested more than once previously. 

I can keep digging if you want...

Edited by Jaegermeister

I have contacted support on no less than three time and the responses I get are relatively generic in nature nothing that fixes my problem...I will again attempt to contact support for a fix.  Thank you for your time and effort.

cool campaign, it's unfortunate the AI issues with career mode (or just single player in general) are transported in the scripted campaigns as well. So far, my wingmen will drop their bombs on squishy targets like AA units and shoot their machine guns on tanks, while it should be the other around. It's not the campaign creator's fault, but how the AI is scripted in the base game. It unfortunately breaks the immersion a bit.