[Pb]Cybermat47

What are you looking forward to the most in Battle of Normandy?

13 hours ago, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Personally, I’m looking forward to anti V-1 sorties, bombing with the Ar-234, hunting tanks with the Typhoon, and seeing the Atlantic Wall and Paris.

Reveal hidden contents

D3753933-836C-422D-AE24-410F058A5065.thumb.jpeg.08f98324ab622cabf238d805f1062c6b.jpeg

And I'm looking forward to eluding you in my V-1 rocket!

*to someone offscreen*

yeah!  they did too have pilots!

• Haha 1

I am expecting more realistic graphics :P

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, JG51_Beazil said:

And I'm looking forward to eluding you in my V-1 rocket!

*to someone offscreen*

yeah!  they did too have pilots!

Good luck bailing out with that intake right behind you ;)

6D89834B-A98C-4823-85B2-EDCC12312A93.jpeg.9ffc97b55e73e12f6728144ed75c04ff.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Well, to be honest, I hadn't entirely thought this through...

*to someone else offscreen*

Whadya mean one way?

Edited by JG51_Beazil
  • Haha 1

Looking forward to the Mosquito, hoping for the Meteor as a collector plane, although in BON they'd be limited to Doodlebug intercepts (perhaps added to later career Bodenplatte could offset). They did other things, but diving through formations of Allied AI bombers/fighters so they can pretend you're the enemy to devise tactics wouldn't be fun for long. It would open up interesting multiplayer options though.

Besides the obvious list which is, well, most everything, the thing I’m interested in seeing is how this pans out further down the line by the time the Normandy campaign is released as mentioned by the dev team...

“While new aircraft, tanks and campaigns are the lead stars of our sim, the most important change in this update is the release of the new graphics rendering engine based on Deferred Shading. This is the base for a new powerful shoot forward in the visual part of the project. It's impossible to unlock all this potential at once, but in this update, we already added a number of improvements based on this fundamental change.”

New clouds without the stripes when full overcast is chosen at 1800 hrs :(

Me-410, P-47, Mossie. In no particular order.

I hope the P-47 comes next in update P-4.007. I see what You did there... :)

Grtz

M

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Hopefully torpedoes and mines! I don't lose my faith that they will be implemented. :)

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-

I am looking forward to MP servers that once again have balanced gameplay so that light/medium bombers are no longer a suicide pact/ death sentence.  Against later war fighters, our current batch just cannot expect to survive.  I want the tactical gameplay to be more than just fighter bomber ops.  Who knows, maybe my personal fave, the A-26, will make it into a future release!   Also, the opportunity to see some BoB scenarios built on the BoN map with our current crop of early aircraft will be very cool.  

I am looking forward to the Hurricane!  Rudder abusers of the world, UNITE! 

• Upvote 1

I look forward to this hidden beauty...:)

me410_20a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 5/19/2020 at 10:39 PM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

I didn't think that Germany really approved of suicide weapons during the war.  If anything, this was probably the stage of development where the engineers started recognizing the need for ejection seats. Ya know, some of the early model ejection seats were designed blow out the floor then, launch the seat downward to counter this exact problem on other, later, post-war designs 

• Haha 1

Just now, JG51_Beazil said:

You mean the Deathtrap was a Deathtrap?

When was it not?  lol

Unfortunately we haven't heard back from the last guy who took it for a spin.  That was some time ago....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

I didn't think that Germany really approved of suicide weapons during the war.  If anything, this was probably the stage of development where the engineers started recognizing the need for ejection seats. Ya know, some of the early model ejection seats were designed blow out the floor then, launch the seat downward to counter this exact problem on other, later, post-war designs 

Ejecting downwards is great at high altitude, slightly more problematic if you need to eject on take off or landing. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Monksilver said:

Ejecting downwards is great at high altitude, slightly more problematic if you need to eject on take off or landing. 

Hence, why some of the early Jet Age experiments were tested and subsequently scrapped.  The downside is that there still is no ejection seat for helicopters.  😮 

If there was a way out provided on that previously mentioned "Death Trap", it would probably be a drop-away floor hatch and a miracle if you had to use it.    

On 5/19/2020 at 10:39 PM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

You know... we have one of these in Ottawa? I'm not saying it should be modelled (I'd view it as a waste of resources)... but I might be able to get access to produce reference material.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Monksilver said:

Edit: (I hope) Someone somewhere is making a "coffin dance meme" right now based on this visual image.

Edited by JG51_Beazil
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

Part of that was due to the fact that they were running out of pilots and pilots are difficult to train... when it comes to infantry and other faster-to-train roles I think you'll find that they were quite happy to romanticize dying for the country/nation/"race" - it was a pretty central tenant of their martial culture after-all (and their idea of a great historical 'clash of civilisations/races')

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 4:39 AM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

Makes for a short career where every sortie really counts.

Posted (edited)

The twin engines we are getting, 410, 88c, 234, and mosquito

The typhoon will be fun to try out as well. No idea why but that’s my favorite English plane.

Edited by Hajo_Garlic
  • Upvote 1

Anything with twin engines get my vote, particularly looking forward to the Me410 and Arado, but one day - ONE DAY I'll have my Heinkel He-219

A smaller map just to make small single player missions. Big map I understand but an additional small one would be nice-shorter load time.

3 hours ago, I./ZG1_Dutchvdm said:

Me-410, P-47, Mossie. In no particular order.

I hope the P-47 comes next in update P-4.007. I see what You did there... :)

Grtz

M

P-47 should be the next aircraft released unless plans have changed. 

1 hour ago, Avimimus said:

Part of that was due to the fact that they were running out of pilots and pilots are difficult to train... when it comes to infantry and other faster-to-train roles I think you'll find that they were quite happy to romanticize dying for the country/nation/"race" - it was a pretty central tenant of their martial culture after-all (and their idea of a great historical 'clash of civilisations/races')

I always preferred Patton's view - "the object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his".

• Haha 1

On 5/19/2020 at 6:26 AM, [Pb]Cybermat47 said:

BA2CA2F4-4ED0-4491-8203-6B74D4F07E32.jpeg.b6a330e82bcfaffb20b6f2058288ccfa.jpeg

Hide contents

D3753933-836C-422D-AE24-410F058A5065.thumb.jpeg.08f98324ab622cabf238d805f1062c6b.jpeg

I'm pretty excited for these things

As well as this thing FINALLY being added to an IL-2 game; AI or playable, doesn't matter to me, just as long as it's in the game.

Martin B-26 Marauder Twin-Engine Medium Bomber Aircraft

Thank you @[Pb]Cybermat47 for opening up this subject.

8 hours ago, 69th_Mobile_BBQ said:

The downside is that there still is no ejection seat for helicopters.  😮 

tell that to the KA-50 ;)

On 5/20/2020 at 1:16 AM, flagdjmetcher said:

Captain Picard flew a Mossie?  Which means the next expansion is....

Op. Jericho...

The allies had a naming convention for ops and secret equipment to avoid intelligence guesses. This one was an unfortunate coincidence

6 hours ago, SAS_Storebror said:

The plane anticipated the most for me is the razorback Jug, hands down.

Just for the look of it - unfortunately, as long as the flight model remains as nerfed as it is.

:drinks:

Mike

Definitely going to look good 😎

I for one am definitely going to enjoy bailing out of it!

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

...Some substantial improvements in the ground war for both the US and UK for both BoN and TC.  Period correct ground vehicles, structures, Atlantik Wall, bunkers, trenches, pill boxes, fortifications, tank traps, the dragons teeth we should have gotten with BOBP.  Driveable M10/18 tank destroyers, Sherman Firefly’s, Crusader’s, M3 Halftracks, SP 105, 155 Artillery.  The capability to add roads, trails, rail lines where they are missing, as well as villages and towns.

Edited by 352ndOscar
  • Upvote 2

What I'm expecting the most is for developement resources to be redirected to the PTO.  😋

• Like 3

Cows to make shooting practice on it.

What? Historically, there were more dead cows in Normandy than civilians... and there were thousands of killed civilians in Normandy. Ask bomber Harris.

Honestly not much I look forward to. The airplanes will probably be modelled nice and good looking, but after the dissapointing FC and Bodenplatte map I don't expect much from a scenario that should include the most biggest seaborn invasion in history in a game that will go to its knees if you have 100 moving AI object at the same time at the same place...

It can only come out as a bad compromise.

• Sad 1

Looking forward to opening up the map to 1941-43 battles. Of the planes, toss up between the spit and mosquito

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1