Update 4.006 Inbound along with Yak-9 and Yak-9T

13 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Well guys, last minute issues may have foiled us for today. But don't sweat it, if not today, tomorrow. Team is working hard to get it done.

Jason

Can't wait. Any juicy patch notes to tide us over till tomorrow?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5
17 minutes ago, -IRRE-Belmont said:

Tomorrow's gonna be a pretty great day for flight simmers ! 
DCS Supercarrier + Il 2 update, still don't know which i'll fly first.

Don't want to disappoint now, mate, but for sure you will not be able to fly the DCS Supercarrier... :)

• Haha 11
2 minutes ago, -=-THERION said:

Don't want to disappoint now, mate, but for sure you will not be able to fly the DCS Supercarrier... :)

Oh that's where you are wrong kind sir, this is DCS we are talking about.

Spoiler

6apr91xtfgz41.png

• Haha 11
6 hours ago, 41Sqn_MADOV said:

Great to see the Yak-9 finally making its belated appearance, they were there in the skies over Stalingrad 42/43

We've been over this before. :) No, it wasn't - @BlackSix's research has shown that.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/31037-yak1b/?do=findComment&comment=507329

Edited by LukeFF
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I had already pre-ordered the Hurricane and the Yak-9T months ago,  and wasn't going to bother with the other Yak. But after hearing the news, I got it this afternoon.

Looking forward to the update 😁

Dear Jason,

I'd like to report a bug. You announced the update just a few moments ago, and I still don't have it. (j/k - using many words to say that I can't wait)

Edited by Raven109
5 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

Ok so good news, looks like we can go live today with the update. But please take your time. If it is bedtime where you live, I suggest just waiting till morning so our update servers don't get super slammed. It will be here when you wake up and pour your coffee or have your morning cocktail. :) This is a larger than usual update so our AWS servers that we power with hamsters on a wheel will be impacted more and longer than usual. Steam, because they are ginormous corporate behemoth, not so much obviously.

Also, please take some time and play the update for a bit before reporting bugs. Let's confirm issues before you send us on a bug hunting chase. Tracks showing bugs are best with details on how to re-produce.

:salute:

Jason  

soldier-silhouette-army-salute-military-document-sailor-headgear-microphone-png-clip-art.png.13d6642826deace71287bcbff0cc22fe.png

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, dburne said:

Nice, maybe at least I can get it downloaded before going to bed and play first thing in the morning.

No, no, no. The man said if it's your bedtime to wait until morning to download! That will give the rest of us a chance to get it while you're sleeping. Thank you for your cooperation. :)

1 minute ago, Rjel said:

No, no, no. The man said if it's your bedtime to wait until morning to download! That will give the rest of us a chance to get it while you're sleeping. Thank you for your cooperation. :)

Well if I am already in bed, it will be tomorrow cause once there  I ain't getting up again. And I do go to bed early.

But if it is out before that, watch out LOL.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Icer said:

Excuse my ignorance, but how do we get the update? Will Steam auto-update? I found everything up to and including 4.005 here , nothing on 4.006?

If you have Steam version, yes Steam will push the udate.

Stand Alone version users, get it through the launcher when update is live.

3 minutes ago, Jason_Williams said:

LOLOL Love Chappelle. No patch notes until official announcement as always.

Jason

HAHAHA Chappelle is always good for a laugh

And no worries, I'll just check out the notes when they are ready,  tell the team thanks for all this hard work with this patch, it's much appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Jason_Williams said:

If it is bedtime where you live, I suggest just waiting till morning so our update servers don't get super slammed. It will be here when you wake up and pour your coffee or have your morning cocktail. :) ....

Jason  

I guess the Devs are the only ones who don't get to go to sleep before the update is posted... I bet it's well after cocktail time in Moscow by now. ☹️