Jump to content

Ridiculously Stoopid questions re: HUD and technochat


Recommended Posts

I've recently started flying with the technochat turned off and like it, with the exception that it disables visibility of online chat messages and mission status messages - so when flying a mission online I miss important updates from either.    Also lose the entertainment value of watching petty arguments during those long flight stretches to and from the target area.  By "technochat" I mean the messages on the right that show throttle, flap percentages, engine overheat and such - hopefully I'm using the right terminology here.  :)

 

Q1:  I am using the "H" key to turn off HUD, is this the right way to turn off technochat or is there a way to turn off just the technochat stuff on the right, but still be able to see HUD messages and chat stuff on the left?

 

Q2:  Is there an expectation that if technochat can be disabled by a server setting in the coming update, will the software change now separate technochat from the mission update and chat messages, or does everything get shut off?

 

Edited by =[TIA]=Stoopy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Q1: The "H" key blatts everything overlaid on the screen. To disable the TechChat stuff only, go to Settings - Flight Interface and set Ingame messages to off. In SP I'm pretty sure that you still see the other messages displayed in the player chat area at the bottom left, but I'm not sure if that's the case in MP.

 

Q2: Dunno, but I assume that it will work just like the player setting the Ingame messages to off as above.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, =[TIA]=Stoopy said:

I've recently started flying with the technochat turned off and like it, with the exception that it disables visibility of online chat messages and mission status messages - so when flying a mission online I miss important updates from either.    Also lose the entertainment value of watching petty arguments during those long flight stretches to and from the target area.  By "technochat" I mean the messages on the right that show throttle, flap percentages, engine overheat and such - hopefully I'm using the right terminology here.  :)

 

Q1:  I am using the "H" key to turn off HUD, is this the right way to turn off technochat or is there a way to turn off just the technochat stuff on the right, but still be able to see HUD messages and chat stuff on the left?

 

Q2:  Is there an expectation that if technochat can be disabled by a server setting in the coming update, will the software change now separate technochat from the mission update and chat messages, or does everything get shut off?

 

1: you have in settings option to just turn of techchat and leve rest of hud

 

2: when option is added it will probably be just separate option that turn of just tech chat, and not tied to other realsiam options

 

But if experts dont need messages from airplane aout things they cant know why they need messages from server (unrealistic) about where enemy hit or what got hit, or even messages in chat from other players or enemy players, experts probably fly with clean screan as thats hw real ww2 pilots did things 😄 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to like that in RoF, I didn’t get kill messages in the Career Mode. I was left to wonder about the fate of my adversary and didn’t pursue them either if they were damaged. It felt more real. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CountZero said:

But if experts dont need messages from airplane aout things they cant know why they need messages from server (unrealistic) about where enemy hit or what got hit, or even messages in chat from other players or enemy players, experts probably fly with clean screan as thats hw real ww2 pilots did things 😄 

The messages from the server are their as information from ground observers and radio messages from other planes. All of this is possible in WW2.

 

4 hours ago, SharpeXB said:

I used to like that in RoF, I didn’t get kill messages in the Career Mode. I was left to wonder about the fate of my adversary and didn’t pursue them either if they were damaged. It felt more real. 

In Settings - Flight Interface you can turn off kill messages.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ghost666 said:

The messages from the server are their as information from ground observers and radio messages from other planes. All of this is possible in WW2.

 

In Settings - Flight Interface you can turn off kill messages.

 

 

Yes but would ground observers contact some random pilots 100s km from them like we have on servers, and on top in few seconds or at most minuts after enemy airplane bombd target. and for sure it would not show up on hud it would come on audio from radio, and what if airplane dont have radio and so on... what i see in game is instant info that i would not have.

 

In group flying and events where you can have one player who is ground control and then contacting flight leaders and so on its more realistic then whet we get on fast food servers, i understand that for that you can just run with clear screan and 0 hud info, but most will need it in MP envirment usealy encountered on servers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CountZero said:

Yes but would ground observers contact some random pilots 100s km from them like we have on servers, and on top in few seconds or at most minuts after enemy airplane bombd target. and for sure it would not show up on hud it would come on audio from radio, and what if airplane dont have radio and so on... what i see in game is instant info that i would not have.

 

In group flying and events where you can have one player who is ground control and then contacting flight leaders and so on its more realistic then whet we get on fast food servers, i understand that for that you can just run with clear screan and 0 hud info, but most will need it in MP envirment usealy encountered on servers.

I think we are almost in agreement here. 

 

No a random observer would not even know the channel on the radio to use to talk to a plane. But he would know to report to his HQ that would then route info to where it could get to the plane. Worked quite well in BOB. although the delay would have been much more then we have in game. 

 

As for MP. Let the admins decide what they want to allow and let the pilots decide if they want to go to that server. After a time things will settle down and servers with the correct balance will be populated. IMHO Tech chat will likely be let on most servers in the end. I don't think the number of hard core players compared to I'm just playing a game players is to low to do other wise.

 

Have a nice hopefully update day. :salute:

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ghost666 said:

As for MP. Let the admins decide what they want to allow and let the pilots decide if they want to go to that server. After a time things will settle down and servers with the correct balance will be populated. IMHO Tech chat will likely be let on most servers in the end. I don't think the number of hard core players compared to I'm just playing a game players is to low to do other wise.

 

Have a nice hopefully update day. :salute:

 

Agreed!  Doesn't seem that long ago that the new server option for "Alternate Visibility" was going to be the latest death knell for MP.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...