Late Dallas bubble canopy for P51D Mustang

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Boss please! is this possible?

I think that this addition not being an advantage (as a more powerful engine) would give a lot of life to the mustang in terms of aesthetics, we already have this in the FW-190D9, a different bubble cabinet as an optional modification...

why not in the mustang?  

it would be a fantastic addition when the fuel tanks are ready...

Does anyone agree with me?

25 minutes ago, Tomi_099 said:

Modeling is not a problem ... but integrating into the game could become one !!
you have to talk to the boss! :new_russian:

Why integrating into the game could be one?

5 hours ago, Muscat said:

Why integrating into the game could be one?

Have you not been around the forum? If we ever got access to being able to make our own aircraft in game, that'd pretty much render the DLC useless and mean that we can make mods instead of buying aircraft from the Devs. With that said, here's what Jason has posted here about mods and being able to make certain mods with what access we have:

If we determine a Mod to be detrimental to our product, or for any other reason, we may take steps to render that modification useless and make specific files off limits.

So, I'm sure you can put 2+2 together and figure out what I'm trying to say... And you've been a part of this community for longer than I have...

• Haha 1

maybe you've been reading faster than usual... ? what I'm saying is that they should officially integrate the dallas bubble canopy  for a next update not to make an unofficial mod...

3 hours ago, [FAC]Ghost129er said:

So, I'm sure you can put 2+2 together and figure out what I'm trying to say... And you've been a part of this community for longer than I have...

Really? xD I don't like the impertinent tone with which you talk, add 1+1 to see if you can figure it out, I don't know if you know you're in a community with more people and you can't treat others that way by thinking you're the smart one in the class, so tone down the sarcasm.

1 hour ago, Muscat said:

maybe you've been reading faster than usual... ? what I'm saying is that they should officially integrate the dallas bubble canopy  for a next update not to make an unofficial mod...

Really? xD I don't like the impertinent tone with which you talk, add 1+1 to see if you can figure it out, I don't know if you know you're in a community with more people and you can't treat others that way by thinking you're the smart one in the class, so tone down the sarcasm.

Okay that's my bad I sped through that faster than the Stuka's over London..

• Haha 1

There is so many little features like this one that can be add to the game to add a lot of realism.

With the P-51 it would be nice to have a variety of canopies (not just the Dallas-made one), the possibility to remove engine pipes fairings or multiple cockipt mirrors.

With the graphic engine used in this game, many little details are possible to model.

• Like 1

yep, 🙂 I know there are dozens of details that could be added to our Mustang but I wanted to be careful not to demand too much😇 maybe the devs add it to the next update isn’t it?

Not really a dozen. For the D-15 there is no more than 2 or three canopies, the nose fairings (that surely can be removed while skinning) and mirrors (dual mirrors, internal mirror or the one positionned on the sliding part of the canopy).

29 minutes ago, Ptolemy_Soter said:

Not really a dozen. For the D-15 there is no more than 2 or three canopies, the nose fairings (that surely can be removed while skinning) and mirrors (dual mirrors, internal mirror or the one positionned on the sliding part of the canopy).

that's true, and the mirrors on the sides of the canopy

It would be cool to have more options. For example, the same can be said about the F-8 blown canopy. 

Time constraints and budget have a major role here, but one man can wish 😃

For example, for Normandy I guess we are getting both normal and Malcom hood. The differences and use play a bigger role than the different canopies used in the D, but I am all in for more options, always. 

Honestly...there is so much wrong with the P-51, and THIS is what you want? 

"Okay that's my bad I sped through that faster than the Stuka's over London.."

Actually, I don't think that Stukas were over London....and trhey didn't go very fast!

• 2 weeks later...

TBH, I think adding new modifications for existing planes would directly counteract the interest of the devs to create and sell new modules.

What I believe would be beneficial for them would be if they released meshes of older planes with similar texture mapping as newer planes (i.e. difference between FW 190 A3/5/8 and the D9) for the explicit purpose of letting modders create textures to increase the fidelity of older plane cockpits.

If they met the quality requirements of the devs, hese could then be included into the game like the community created 4K textures.