Sign in to follow this  
Novice-Flyer

Question regarding the Pacific

Was reading this on Steam, but (hypothetically) if a dev team in Japan were to do a Pacific theatre game with American and Japanese ships, ground units, and planes modelled accurately, and with 3D cockpits and gunner stations. In short: done to pretty much the same level as the devs do. 

How would that pan out?

My guess is that probably every time someone failed to shoot down a Zero or got shot down by one, there'd be a forum post about "Japanese bias" 😂

• Like 1

We would fly several western/eastern front missions in IL-2 Great Battles, while the auto-pilot flies the 3-4 hours to the target area in the pacific sim.

• Confused 1

Is your question "what if the devs outsourced some work"? 

If so, see Flying Circus. Much of the work for that was outsourced. 

If your question is "what if someone donated some art assets?", that's a very different thing and it's often more trouble than it's worth to accept and then use such donations. 

I really don't understand the point of this thread.

49 minutes ago, [DBS]Browning said:

Is your question "what if the devs outsourced some work"? 

If so, see Flying Circus. Much of the work for that was outsourced. 

If your question is "what if someone donated some art assets?", that's a very different thing and it's often more trouble than it's worth to accept and then use such donations. 

It’s really just hypothetical asking if there was a Japanese development team that wanted to do a PTO game to the same level as the devs have done with IL-2 GBs, how would that pan out? Getting resources on Japanese planes and ships, etc.

Posted (edited)

Making a acceptable pto air war scenario is possible just knowing what we do know. 
simply because mo one know better. 
Bringing up PTO is pretty sensitive. 
It will bring stuff like this

4 hours ago, 41Sqn_Skipper said:

We would fly several western/eastern front missions in IL-2 Great Battles, while the auto-pilot flies the 3-4 hours to the target area in the pacific sim.

And here we go

You did not have to do that in 46 version

No matter choice I think pto will not happend, it is too expensive too ambitious 

and this topic will just bring trouble. 
It is my biggest disappointment in this game history. But still there are much hope in other scenarios

Edited by 216th_LuseKofte
  • Upvote 2

Sign in to follow this