123-Wulf

Can't get BoS to recognise my CH throttle/JFighterstick/Pedals

Posted (edited)

Having vainly tried to us CH Manager to generate a useable map for Bos and finally accepted that the software simply isn't up to it anymore, I uninstalled  all CH software from my system.

The plan was to simply map the controllers direct in the Sim.

The problem is, that now BoS simply can not see my controllers.

Am I missing something basic here?

BTW tried to use VtoJoy as well but couldn't get my head around that either. Compleyely uninstalled it and removed any references in my OS.

Is there an .ini file or something in BoS that I need to edit?

Edited by 123-Wulf

Posted (edited)

Have you tried unplugging your controllers and then plugging them back into the USB hub or PC?  I recently tried to install CH Control Manager in order to run a script to allow me to use my Pro Pedals as toe brakes.  That failed and it completely messed up my key assignments because, in the process, BoS assigned new control numbers to all my devices.  I had to uninstall CH Control Manager and plug my devices back in to get BoS to recognize them which it did.  Good luck.  I hope you find a solution.  It's frustrating.

Edited by No105_Swoose
Hit Enter before finishing content

Swoose, I did that already, Win 10 sees all the controllers but when I try to assign axes or any buttons BoS doesn't react.

Ive deleted the BoS data file so that the Sim reassigns all control mapping, and it still isn't seeing my controllers.

The joys.....🤪

Posted (edited)

With the game off, go to your game folder/data/input  and delete the "devices" file.

When you start the the game next time the game will make a new one and if your controllers are visible in windows, you should be able to see them in game. Then you can assign everything.

However, first think you have to make sure the controllers are actually working in windows. Just because you see them there doesn't mean they are working.

Look at this weird thing:

When you go to control panel and hardware you can clearly see the CH fighter stick, but when i right click on it and click on the "game controller settings" button you can see the controller is not even working in windows. The only thing that shows up is my Saitek x45.

chmess.png

325353553.png

i use the CH control manager and a lot of programs can mess it up. Gigabyte RGB fusion interfers with CH manager and in this case i realized that when i start Photoshop, Adobe Cloud starts a bunch of other adobe software and that will also mess up with CH Control Manager.

When you are running in direct mode, without the software, you may not have that issue, but it's worth checking.

Edited by Jaws2002

You may have hit the problem on the head there.

I use PS and LR a lot on this computer.

I'll investigate further...many thanks.

Well, I had to reinstall CH Manager in order to get the Sim to see my controllers, and now it lets me assign axes and buttons directly.

I guess further testing and tweaking is in order.