Han

Developer Diary 251 - Discussion

To paraphrase Captain Mainwaring... 'You know, after all of the years that I've spent on these forums I think that I've come to know the other forum members pretty well; but then sometimes I think that they're just a bunch of idiots.'

• Haha 3

45 minutes ago, MercCrom175 said:

Tech chat is the dumbest, degrading thing for a WW2 Warbird SIM.  If you cant fly off the Gauges in the sim and are reliant upon Some cheat tech chat give me a break.  The Air  Quake force is too strong....  gee i wonder why the Real pilots didn't have magic tech chat but had real world limitations and knew them like back of their hands....

I think you should read what has been wrotte.

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, LF_Gallahad said:

After giving more thougths... I think I would love to have only the position of my controls. The same thing you can feel when you have your hands in your car. I think it would be good to get rid of the combat modes, tips and such in servers where this option is activated. Also damages. You don't know what thing you just lost after a burst unless you can see it.

Exactly. I mean. On more "hardcore" servers I understand and even suport loosing some(most) of the information. 

But there are some things that the plane might not "show" but the Pilot could feel.

On a car you dont need to look at your feet to know when you are acelerating, or braking, hell you can feel when the clutch starts to engage/desengage. 

All that info "can be seen" on the speedometer, but the driver doenst need to look at it.

And to be clear, some of us might have axes to spare, and can "feel" how much radiators, throttle or mix we are using, but others might not, why exclude them for a real full server if they fly with less hardware?

Edited by =FEW=fernando11
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, MercCrom175 said:

Tech chat is the dumbest, degrading thing for a WW2 Warbird SIM.  If you cant fly off the Gauges in the sim and are reliant upon Some cheat tech chat give me a break.  The Air  Quake force is too strong....  gee i wonder why the Real pilots didn't have magic tech chat but had real world limitations and knew them like back of their hands....

I find that to be a tad disrespectful. There would be some truth to this *if* everyone would have the same hardware, however...

I simply don't have the money to buy a full flightsim "cockpit". I obviously have a joystick, and a couple of weeks ago I finally had enough savings on my bank account to be able to justify to myself buying some cheap <€100 rudder pedals. For mixture, radiator, prop pitch etc. I use keyboard buttons, so I have little clue what their setting is, besides the tech chat. Even worse, I have neither a head tracker nor VR glasses, nor the money to buy either, so I'm dependent on padlock to keep an enemy in my view in even the most half-arsed of dogfights (In fact, the relative lack of good padlock-enabled servers is one of the reasons I rarely fly multiplayer). That means I cannot simply have a quick glance at my instruments to see if my ATA is not too high or if the cooling water is boiling, as then I'll spend the next half minute re-focusing the padlock on the right enemy.

Now if I had VR glasses I could just look at the instrument panel to "fly off the gauges" and then turn my head back in the general direction of the enemy I was focusing on. If I had some additional flight control hardware I would be able to feel what my prop pitch settings are. But unless I win the lotto, I don't have the money to buy these things and I can't.

I'm most definitely not against us flightsim enthousiasts getting more realism options, so that those who do have wonderful hardware setups are able to fly with all the realism they like. I'm just afraid that many of the more realistic multiplayer servers will turn off tech chat, making these servers even more inaccessible to those without the money/opportunity/flight hours to buy good hardware.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

There are those in the "community" that think that everyone should fly the way that they do, and they will never be happy with anyone that doesn't share their dogmatic belief system.  Let's call them Karen.  Now what Karen refuses to understand is that there are a LOT of paying customers who do not share that sentiment.  These folks play the sim for their enjoyment, and for the challenges it provides, just like Karen does, but desire to play it their way, and not be forced to submit to the will of Karen, and that is what they will do.

Poor Karen.  All alone over there, ranting at the sky.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

This is why I am against tech chat being a server option, all it is promoting is the elitist 'git gud' attitude from those who want it off.

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)

We can read some who say, use extra axes. Ok for some, but come and play with a PE2, and try an axis for some trim. Also try, the HS 129 for the manual pitch, and try an axis. And there are others...

The problem is those who answer that doesn't fly with other thing than a fighter plane. Many things are different when you fly bombers. 

We use the technochat for only some informations. For other we don't use it. We manage our engine, radiator, etc without the technochat, we check our RPM, admission, temperature. For some of you , if you have the technochat you can't burn an engine.  You're wrong, because when you fly in close formation, you miss everything in the technochat. It's like when some sever diplaye information, and you miss it because you are concnetrate on something elese. Many time, it's us who call wingman to say him open you radiator, set your mixture, because we see it, and the pilot didn't see the technochat information.

When we arrive on the objective, i can give the order to change the dropping method, the bombe interval and the formation, because i discover the target and have to deal with a target configuration, in a few seconds. At that time, we check the technochat to be sure that we selected the right setting. We don't have time to go in the bomber view (when there is one). We have to deal with flak, the formation and the dropping method. So, we don't have the time to monitor the technochat to check engine parameters. Thinking that is wrong.

Many overestimate the technochat effect. They think that it will change something. For a few maybe, for most of the time, there will be no change, except for the bombers.

We were not a lot to fly on bomber, but maybe there will be less, because it will be easier to take a fighter with bombs.

And most of the time, those who fly bombers, fly on almost all bombers, on any side which means that we have to remember everything on that plane. If you play on a private campaign, it's not a problem, because you'll take time to remember the plane. But if you play on Finnish, Combat box, Coconuts, or other server, we enter on the server, we check the number of player, and we play on the side where there are less players. So, you can't know what kind of plane you'll use. You know that it will be a bomber, but it could Il2, Pe2, HE111, Ju87, etc... and sometimes JU52.

About the Ju52, just for information, when we drop parratroopers, we have no information on how many paratroopers dopped, excepted if the simple gauged are displayed.

Edited by Habu
  • Upvote 4

44 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

There are those in the "community" that think that everyone should fly the way that they do, and they will never be happy with anyone that doesn't share their dogmatic belief system.  Let's call them Karen.  Now what Karen refuses to understand is that there are a LOT of paying customers who do not share that sentiment.  These folks play the sim for their enjoyment, and for the challenges it provides, just like Karen does, but desire to play it their way, and not be forced to submit to the will of Karen, and that is what they will do.

I just hope now when option will be avilable to thouse who demanded it , and had to endure playing vs us who used tech chat all this years, they will leve us alone and stick to servers that have tech chat turned off.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, MattS said:

Keep digging there, Maverick. You had the opportunity to keep your cool in the face of mild disagreement over something that hardly matters at all, and instead you went Full Dumbass, LOL.

Thanks for identifying yourself as not worthy of serious further consideration.

lol. Says the guy who keeps responding with insults and name-calling.

Edited by BraveSirRobin

2 hours ago, MercCrom175 said:

Because it wasn't available but also because they had it drilled into them through direct supervision of a highly skilled instructor pilot who would sh!7can them for any minor discrepancy on their flight or fitness reports and it would kill them if they didn't? I don't care one way or another but this is a game - regardless of who calls it a sim. Even when it is labeled a SIM. People are here to have fun and waste a little time. Being good at this game doesn't make you good at flying combat aircraft anymore than watching Apollo 13 makes you an expert at getting a disabled spaceship back to earth. Your argument holds no more water than those who are opposed to deleting the tech snippets.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

What if I tell you that Servers you love to fly in will keep tech chat. 
I guess TAW will have them off. 
I can almost guarantee Combatbox will keep it if majorities want it. 
I think finnish server will think twice before closing it. They had a long run to gain their server populated. They wont risk it go zero. 
What if all these problem will not be there. 
come on, lets see how it play out. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

I think finnish server will think twice before closing it. They had a long run to gain their server populated. They wont risk it go zero. 

If stuff plays out like you say, I´ll be entirely content and a happy camper! 🍺

That Heinkel skin sure makes a difference. You devs really dish out the updates and that's why I make sure to support you guys. Can't wait for BoN. 

On 5/15/2020 at 9:05 AM, Avimimus said:

Also - as a minor piece of feedback on the WWI damage model:

I suspect that the lack of modelling of hitboxes for wires and spares in the wing might be the underlying issue (as damage gets transferred from hits anywhere along the wing). 

However, the issue is also that bullets aren't penetrating the fuselage to hit the pilot - so making sure the fuselage doesn't stop bullets would be a higher priority than making the wings weaker.

Similarly, adding a spine/heart hitbox for the pilots would help (or as a stop-gap - making it so that bullets aren't stopped by the body and there is a chance to hit the pilot's head when firing from below).

Grisly.

Posted (edited)

Here are some tips for those worried about no techno-chat. 

You don't need to know what % your radiator wheel is turned to even on a keyboard. read gauge, open radiator some, do something else important then go back and check. Create a feedback loop. Unsure where to start? Full open or check the real flight manual for clues.  Planes like the FW190 that don't tell you what you cyl head temp for example is you need to be more conservative. However you can still see the oil pressure dropping as the oil thins from the high temps so the feedback loop exists but in a way where you only know you've over done it. Furthermore if you do overheat and engine it does begin miss firing, this can be seen by the manifold pressure fluctuating. 

For mixture you can do similar. In real life when the engine is at the proper mixture it will create the most manifold pressure. Thus you can pull the mixture back until you see the manifold pressure drop a little and then add a touch more mixture for safety. I've tried this in game it it seems to be modeled properly.

Trim is always based on feel. Any plane that requires a specific setting for takeoff will have the dials graduated in some way that you can preset them. If all else fails you can reset the trimmers and be in a pretty good place for takeoff/landing.

I'm not 100% familiar with all planes but those that I can think of having various release modes for ordinance have the controls and dials animated to match. Just means that now I'll have to learn what the triangle and the square mean on Axis planes.

I gotta say, I think some of you have been so focused on having techno-chat that you haven't noticed some of these details. I look forward to finding a server with it set off and will avoid playing on servers where it is allowed.

Edited by driftaholic
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 14

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

You're spot on.

Many like to pretend this game is not a game, 'its a simulation, not a game' - muh simulation argument. There is a lot of this in the community, and it's fine to hold this opinion, but what sickens me are those that rubbish anyone that prefers to fly with the less hardcore options enabled. Not everyone wants the full hardcore experience, not everyone has the gear to enable such a thing (full cockpit setup) and remain competitive on an online server.

The elitists really should consider that their opinion of what is fun and the 'correct' way of playing the game is not universal truth. I personally play this game almost solely for the dogfights and gunnery, even though 99% of what you do is not that - I enjoy the other aspects, don't get me wrong - and this is refereed to as Air Quake? Give me a break! And so what if it is? You cannot tell me that this way of playing is wrong. There is no objective, correct way to enjoy this game. 

I contend that even with the least hardcore settings enabled, the game still requires skill and patience, more so than almost any other game. I also feel very strongly that at some point, what is fun and engaging, immersive even, is not necessarily what is realistic. I was a big fan of 'alternate' spotting for this reason. Personally, I fly icons both on and off, depending if I want to experience more of a mission type environment, or a pure dogfight. I don't mind manual engine management, I can even hold my own in servers without map indicators.

I don't know how I will feel about the new tech chat system. On the one hand, it might be awesome as people fly more conservatively. Those with better knowledge and understanding will then take a further ascending as they can maintain a speed and cooling advantage with their optimised settings. But for this very reason, I might not enjoy this. I fly using %, I can't really use the gauges well enough that I could tell if what I am doing is optimal or correct, certainly not in the heat of the moment dogfighting. I would have to 'git gud' and learn to read the gauges better - but will this be 'fun' for me? Time will tell. Failing that, I will have to put myself at a disadvantage to the experten, or fly a server that doesn't have this option turned on or however it will work. I'll have to wait and see, adapt or choose not to.

I stand by my statements, and you can call me a noob if you wish - fact is, in a 1v1 duel I can hold my own with most planes and difficulty options. This is the aspect of the game that I enjoy and have focused on. 

Edited by Tasmanaut
  • Upvote 5

10 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

If it could come true as you describe it... 

In fact I tell myself that what bothers me the most in this suppression of technochat is that it takes away the possibility to decide by myself if I want to use it or not according to my mood of the moment.

A little more freedom that flies away!

I dont play multiplayer and I turned off technochat on day one.

Absolutelly dont understant people using it. In games like warthunder ok, but in this game?

With the technochat on and with the zooming cheat(that cant be turned off) I will never join any multiplayer server.

No offence here to anyone!

• Upvote 1

You don't understand, or you don't want to read what we wrotte which explain why we use it.

How do you deal with any commands which are not displayed in the cockpit if you don't have any feedback (but maybe you don't know that because you fly plane which don't have that kind of problem) ?

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Voidhunger said:

I dont play multiplayer and I turned off technochat on day one.

Absolutelly dont understant people using it. In games like warthunder ok, but in this game?

With the technochat on and with the zooming cheat(that cant be turned off) I will never join any multiplayer server.

No offence here to anyone!

In regards to the zoom it's pretty damn hard to make ID in VR without it and to spot ground targets. I have a number of colleagues in the air force that I enquire things from from time to time where one is spotting and identifying distances in different weather conditions. We are not near IRL spotting and ID-ing distances especially in VR. Bare in mind though that modern day fighters are bigger than props so we are not that far off actually on a monitor (not in VR).

But all in all I'm with LuseKofte on this one. Let it play out and it will sort itself.

Posted (edited)

Speaking about "realism" (in an flight"simulation", it's fun), you who want to fly without techno chat, to be like "in real life", do you make a cold and dark start, or do you leave with the "engine already hot"? 

What about trims? When you start from the parking, they are already set for a cruise flight, realistic or not?

Edited by Obelix
  • Upvote 1

For even more realism I propose:

- to suppress autopilot  except in planes that actually had one...

-to suppress the zoom because to my knowledge the pilots didn't have binoculars.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, CCG_bexhausted said:

-to suppress the zoom because to my knowledge the pilots didn't have binoculars.

Right, I forget this points

Posted (edited)

In my experience technochat is not that big deal in the end. Yes, you have to look at the gauges, knobs and levers sometimes and can`t see the exact percentages all the time. Planes can be operated pretty much as usual. People are just making the usual drama. It`s an option, in SP you don`t have to use it. In MP, it`s up to server admins to decide what they wan`t to use on their server. I think it`s great that we are given this choice.

Edited by LLv24_Zami
  • Upvote 11

To get a better idea of what this means for us bomber pilots try the Pe2 ser35.

• Confused 2

28 minutes ago, CCG_bexhausted said:

Agree about the autopilot. Zoom is there because of the monitor FOV/resolution limitation, compared to your eyes in RL.

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CCG_bexhausted said:

I would play on this server. Though I do think alt-vis bridges the gap of what you would be able to see in real life allowing to be simulated in this a monitor or VR headset. Or in other words alt-vis is a spotting simulation to aid the fact that far off planes aren't rendered as a 1 pixel square in your brain.. I pretty much see zoom in the same light. 

I would play the game with cold engines. I already see map makers adding objects in front of spawn points to prevent players from rocketing off without using a runway. Personally usually even taxi back to a hanger to re-spawn.

Read the in game specifications for a BF109 F2 It says: "Combat power (up to 30 minutes): 2400 RPM, 1.25 ata." Anyone who plays with techno-chat on knows that you can set the power to 1.30 ata before the game registers combat power. While I see complaints about ticking time bombs, I see that the developers saw fit to give leeway like this in most aircraft.

I'm glad the advantages of techno chat can now be disabled. It seem's I'm not the only one thankful for this announcement. To me it shows the Developers really are listening to the player base as the thread for this suggestion isn't that old. Thanks for the hard work!

A suggestion of my own would be the addition of individual engine prop feathering as bindings. To me engine control switching is about the only thing that is still pretty difficult to do without techno-chat.

37 minutes ago, CCG_bexhausted said:

To get a better idea of what this means for us bomber pilots try the Pe2 ser35.

OK, lets use your example: Pe2 ser35. Taken from this post but are also listed in game when flying the aircraft on the map in the technical section.

Operation features:

- Engine has a two-stage mechanical supercharger which must be manually switched at 2700m altitude.

It describes exactly what alt to switch, you can see it flip in the cockpit. Alternatively you can see that you will no longer be able to make the manifold pressure you want at 100% throttle and switch. Not sure what to pressure to use? What altitude?

Engine modes:

Nominal (unlimited time): 2700 RPM, 910 mm Hg

Supercharger gear shift altitude: 2700 m

- Engine mixture control is manual; it is necessary to lean the mixture if altitude is more than 3-4 km for optimal engine operation. Also, leaning the mixture allows a reduction in fuel consumption during flight.

I described this in another post. You can lean the mixture until you see the manifold pressure drop then a touch more rich for safety. But wait there's more, the aircraft actually has gauges that read the air fuel ratio!

- Engine RPM has an automatic governor and it is maintained at the required RPM corresponding to the governor control lever position. The governor automatically controls the propeller pitch to maintain the required RPM. The governor is electrically actuated and takes a long time to reach the required revolutions, up to 45 seconds when going from minimum to maximum.

Pretty easy, move lever or use keybinding until the desired RPM is set on the gauges. Be mindful it may take up to 45 seconds for large changes.

- Water and oil radiator shutter control is manual.

Look at temperature gauges and open or close as necessary. You don't need to know what % you start fully open and close some at a time until it's too hot or within the operating range. Also listed in game.

Water rated temperature in engine output: 70..85 °C

Water maximum temperature in engine output: 100 °C

Oil rated temperature in engine output: 90..100 °C

Oil maximum temperature in engine output: 110 °C

- Airplane has trimmers for all flight-controls: pitch, roll, yaw.

Adjust by feel. 

- Airplane has fence-type airbrakes which are located under the wing and used to slow the descent during steep dive bombing.

There is an audio cue when these are actuated and the controls are animated. If unsure retract them again or vice versa.

- Landing flaps have electro-hydraulic actuator and they can be extended to any angle up to 50°. When landing and the flaps are fully extended the angle of attack for a stall is less than

landing pitch angle. For this reason, it is prohibited to extend flaps to more than to 35° (70%) on landing.

Read the flap position indicator located next to the throttles.

- Airplane is equipped with a bomb salvo controller, it has four release modes: drop single, drop two in a salvo, drop four in a salvo or drop all bombs in salvo. There is also a controller for a drop delay between each bomb in the salvo.

- When rockets are installed a salvo controller can be used, it has three launch modes: single fire, fire two in a salvo or fire four in a salvo. Aircraft has a fire control system that is designed for eight rockets. However, for added punch, ten rockets were typically loaded. In that case, the ninth rocket will fire with the seventh and the tenth will fire with the eighth.

Bomb controls are in the cockpit on the right side. You can see what mode you are set in. I admit this is something I'm going to have to learn for every plane but it's there and it works. I'm looking forward to learning!

Still confused? There is a ton of resources which most people look towards regardless of techno-chat.

This one I referenced just now in typing this reply: 

Edited by driftaholic
formating
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, CCG_bexhausted said:

To get a better idea of what this means for us bomber pilots try the Pe2 ser35.

Took your advice and just flew Pe-2 ser35 bombing mission in Moscow career. Did not hit anything of course, I think my wind correction was far from perfect. But it was fun and I had no problems from take off to landing. 

• Upvote 1

... and what about re arm and refuel aera?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Obelix said:

... and what about re arm and refuel aera?

There is an audio que for re-arm as well as the plane squats with the sudden added weight. Watch the fuel gauge for refueling or take a full tank like most of the aircraft sent into the air tend to do. To be fair refuel/rearm system is new to the game and only a couple missions on one server utilize it.

I think the key is for servers to use both these features simultaneously so we can give feedback on how they interact. We're pretty inventive, and I've seen a lot of "creative" solutions by players to in game shortcomings.

An idea for an audio cue could be a voice acted crew chief to greet you on via radio on arrival into the refuel/rearm area and also say when the tasks are complete. Literally just takes the developers tying the invisible techno chat to a audio file..

This brings up another thought, does server-disabling techno-chat disable the tips that appear in the kill feed area?

Edited by driftaholic

A pointer for those who are grappling with tech chat off as a potential server option in MultiPlay.

- "NumberPad Enter" (Snap View Lower) is one option.

- Mouse look is another option of which there are some very good pilots here that use a joystick and mouse combo.

- if you want an affordable head tracking option - there is this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELANCLiP-Gamer-Plus-Head-Tracking-FaceTrackNoIR-TrackIR-Alternative/233301909527?hash=item3651e0a017:g:uNwAAOSw72JdQYWo

Delan Clip which is a TrackIR alternative using Open Track.  It works well.

Now, you can take Zoom "Cheat" away from VR users but know this, VR render resolution is no way close to monitor at this point in time - a year or two maybe.  You also have a snap to sight view which helps you and if you take the VR zoom away, don't complain if you are miss identified and shot down online. 😁

Anyway - Pilot notes does give engine modes for limits.  Timers are "in my experienced" based on the RPM more so than ATA/Manifold Pressure.  Anyway - would be nice if people would quote instrument settings when talking about engine management instead of % and as long as server notes tell what settings are employed - I don't see what the fuss is all about.

1 hour ago, Obelix said:

Speaking about "realism" (in an flight"simulation", it's fun), you who want to fly without techno chat, to be like "in real life", do you make a cold and dark start, or do you leave with the "engine already hot"? 

What about trims? When you start from the parking, they are already set for a cruise flight, realistic or not?

I'm pretty sure there was a ground crew who would prepare the aircraft for flight and warm the engine up beforehand.

Don't you trim for takeoff?  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Just FYI to clear up some speculation, Combat Box will be keeping Technochat switched ON for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Thank you for all your advice.
My choice will be to fly only on servers that accept technochat because that's how I get the most pleasure out of this simulator that I love.
End of the debate for me.

Good flight all.

11 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Just FYI to clear up some speculation, Combat Box will be keeping Technochat switched ON for the foreseeable future.

There you go. 
I said you would. It is like changes and update is made to make peoples life crap sometimes. Tech chat is a bad habit people can do without. I honestly cannot understand the fuzz. I will not choose servers if I ever bother to do online again based on what the tech chat settings are. 
I do not overheat nor ruin the engine Without techchat. It is all in your mind

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, blitze said:

A pointer for those who are grappling with tech chat off as a potential server option in MultiPlay.

- "NumberPad Enter" (Snap View Lower) is one option.

- Mouse look is another option of which there are some very good pilots here that use a joystick and mouse combo.

- if you want an affordable head tracking option - there is this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DELANCLiP-Gamer-Plus-Head-Tracking-FaceTrackNoIR-TrackIR-Alternative/233301909527?hash=item3651e0a017:g:uNwAAOSw72JdQYWo

Delan Clip which is a TrackIR alternative using Open Track.  It works well.

Now, you can take Zoom "Cheat" away from VR users but know this, VR render resolution is no way close to monitor at this point in time - a year or two maybe.  You also have a snap to sight view which helps you and if you take the VR zoom away, don't complain if you are miss identified and shot down online. 😁

Anyway - Pilot notes does give engine modes for limits.  Timers are "in my experienced" based on the RPM more so than ATA/Manifold Pressure.  Anyway - would be nice if people would quote instrument settings when talking about engine management instead of % and as long as server notes tell what settings are employed - I don't see what the fuss is all about.

Both have impact on how long imaginary engine timer will last and what imaganary timer is turned on. Recovering times on the other hand are always same lenght for specific airplane engine, and for them only what mathers is that if you wont to mario cart recharg emergancy, you fly on settings lover then it, 1% power lower or 80% lower makes apsolutly no differance in way your engine recovers.

Edited by CountZero

Posted (edited)

Even if I fly with technochat on, I say power to the people is a good thing. If you want a server with no technochat, choose that, if you want one with technochat, choose that.

Really don´t understand why people make such a fuss about server operators having options.

Edited by So_ein_Feuerball
  • Upvote 6

57 minutes ago, CountZero said:

Both have impact on how long imaginary engine timer will last and what imaganary timer is turned on. Recovering times on the other hand are always same lenght for specific airplane engine, and for them only what mathers is that if you wont to mario cart recharg emergancy, you fly on settings lover then it, 1% power lower or 80% lower makes apsolutly no differance in way your engine recovers.

I'm sorry, what is this % thing you are quoting?  I don't understand. 😉

Emergency power is easy to deal with, use it only in emergencies and you should be right.  Don't expect to fly combat in Emergency Power setting either Online or in Career - guaranteed way to blow your engine.  If you are used to % and have particular aircraft you like to fly, learn what they sound like when in Combat Power and Emergency, the audio cues are quite well implemented.  For planes other than 109's - learn where the temp gauge is and glance at it regularly. It helps.

De cluttering the view might also make spotting and tracking easier.

Next - learn German, Russian and English 🥳👍

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Poor Devs - first they spend time and trouble implementing a feature that some people requested - then they have to listen to other people complaining about the fact they've implemented it, and to top it all off, they have to moderate between the two sides that are now actively waging a war against each other 😆

😢

Edited by AEthelraedUnraed
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 6