Snarling Trolls Ace of the Month Competition

The old Snarling Trolls Competition is up and running again in our server.

Post your screen shots of your highest score at the end of any mission in our MP server, on here to win the Ace of the Month competition along with the medal AotM. 

It's open to all pilots from all squads, all posing rights and fame attached to is up to the monthly winning pilot, Hollywood rights remain with the Trolls :)

Good luck.

P.S. if there is no trolls server up use the Zoo server, he does the maps for both so same as :)

643102550_Aceofmonth.png.e586f6ab03f977c26a1452f72a66d591.png

Edited by ST_Nooney
  • Like 1

Sorry chaps no high score pic yet. But I did come across a mission I've never played before in the mountains. Dunno what it's called but it's stunning. I was so mesmerised I got hit hard by something. Broken strut, wings peppered and a failing engine. Never did see who or what it was … hun or ground fire?  Anyway, in a panicky kind of rage, I took it out on an all red Albie (was it him?) …. after which I thought …. time to vamoose, look for a landing spot and hope the crate holds.

Well, It did hold as I flew as gently as possible over seemingly unending dense forest and mountainous terrain unsuitable for landing. And then just as hope seemed lost and I was preparing for an ignominious death, I spied a reasonably clear uphill stretch leading up to a plateau. I glided down and gently as I could touched down with reasonably good results. Saved! Hallelujah! Hoorah! 

Only to die of wounds and hunger eight days later. 

2020_5_16__10_2_2.thumb.png.c55c319b1f5f249e37d33ee14a160f00.png

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Looks like 'The Snowy Peaks' Catchov.

That's Nooney's favourite map, because it reminds him of his ex-wife's huge knockers. 🗻🗻

I think that's what he said anyway..

lol she did have big knockers too, zoo must have been another of the kids uncles :)

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Is there a squad of the month?

I think that may be difficult Thomson, the obvious being the greater number in the squad the advantage would be with them.

I suppose if you nominated 3 squad members who's scores would be the submitted score it could be done, other members of the squad wishing to take part could take a tactical role in shooting down any opposing chosen squad members, giving the advantage to the winning squad at the time.

I could design a medal for that competition,any other squads interested in the comp' let me know?

1 hour ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

I was more or less thinking squad vs squad thing, Maybe even a 3 member squad, I absolutely do not want to see squad vs a single player, no better way of chasing off any players. 

The difficulty lies there with time zones, and meeting at appropriate times to each member of the squad, I suppose it could be done with each nominated squad member submitting their individual score and amalgamating the submitted score against the other squads scores.

I would think it would be that the scores rather than posted be submitted to a individual referee and once collected the total scores posted, in that I'm thinking if another squad seen a good score they would not bother competing. 

It is something we could look at later on but at the moment we are looking to get more individuals into FC,  where some are not in a squad or intend joining one.

The Trolls did introduce in ROF the duelist medal which was Gold, Silver and Bronze for each ascending score achieved for the newer pilots who found it difficult to compete with the aces of the sim, which could be adapted for the monthly scores for Ace of the Month. 

duelist.jpg

Duelist Gabor.png

3 hours ago, 1PL-KJ-1Esk said:

so is it the high score per mission or per month?

Highest score of the month Esk and if you do better before the month ends delete your post and post the better score, it's all fun buddy, even if it's not the highest score it will win a medal 1st 2nd and 3rd.

Edited by ST_Nooney

My bad , I thought number of kills was the challenge , not the score.

Here's one on new DM.

Three sorties.

This should get the competition going. Four points shy of 200 points score , my OCD is killing me right now. Will get there next time.

22.jpg

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

that might be hard to beat 👀

Yep. Especially if you come across some top gun human players. I've come across a few … and cripes! 👀 But it's all good fast food fun. 

8 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Doesn't count with a 'death' does it ?

;)

yea as many deaths as you like highest score, Banzai is going to be hard to beat. But post your best score as there will be a 2nd and 3rd duelist medal.

Edited by ST_Nooney

Nice, I wasn't expecting take off again.

There's a decent landing spot in a gully, Entente side of the map around where the Germans enter the fighting area.

Don't think I ever managed to take off again though, will re-visit that.

So do I put ridge-top re-fuelling points in ?

Good score Zoo, 22 kills,  nice.

Landing really helps with scoring more points for kills but the key I believe is making every bullet count.

I average 8 kills in one sortie with  Camel.

AI can't fly for sh#t but it will still try to avoid being shot.

My best sortie so far was 11 kills.

Land when out of ammo , finish flight to collect points. Rinse and repeat.

Now what's interesting is that highest score can be achieved on Arras map with ground targets, tanks etc.

I destroyed 6 tanks in less than 15 minutes, scoring 90 points.

So with good system I could see scores going past 300 points.

Thanks Banzai - I noticed you racking them up earlier and was expecting to see a new record in by now.

I was thinking it was number of kills rather than points when I did that lol. Got #22 in the last second - thought I'd drawn level !

S!

1 hour ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

Thanks Banzai - I noticed you racking them up earlier and was expecting to see a new record in by now.

I was thinking it was number of kills rather than points when I did that lol. Got #22 in the last second - thought I'd drawn level !

S!

I think if you cock your landing up you lose points, also their is nothing wrong with shooting a high scorer down in the server to protect your score, all tactical, I suppose they have a right to be pissed off tho' if your on the same side :)

Well just to show I've been trying, here's the best I've got after finally having played a full mission earlier tonight (Aussie time). Sad I know but at least I didn't die. Snowy Peaks (Nooney's ex) and a successful landing amongst the bristols mountains.

2020_5_22__13_59_57.thumb.png.97ae09ecdbe97a18dd228b00bed12f9a.png

On Troll server tonight, we had at one time 8 pilots in, so looking good. My score for the AotM, 3 of my deaths were wing folds with no hits on them, don't like the new DM update, Camel wings to fragile.

score 3.jpg

Camel - Ternoise map.

It has the closest AF's so that's probably where the quickest action is.

I re-armed after the 1st flight, but if you're going for max score it's better to re-spawn - get the landed points in the bag.

I didn't intend going for it, missed the start and muffed up a landing costing a few points.

I think you could do it Banzai !

:icon_e_salute:

2 hours ago, Zooropa_Fly said:

image.thumb.png.e38d779ad7586ba2ebd8ff33ee0893cd.png

:icon_cool:

Got a week to try and beat it, but I doubt that score will be beat, Lol the kom  strava of flight sims (only a cyclist will get that).

1 hour ago, 1PL-Banzai-1Esk said:

😲 wow. what the hell man, what sorcery is this , 34 planes?

May I ask which plane was that with?

Btw. congrats! I don't think I can beat that. 

S!

I think for next months and there after we will go for planes destroyed as the score, it's a crown to aim for (pun intended) and a world record attempt that would be hard to beat would be something to see, although I think 34 planes in under an hour has to be max concentration with no harassment from a Troll lol.

23 minutes ago, NO.20_W_M_Thomson said:

Went looking for your server but had no luck. 

It's the Zoo Wings server at the moment. I think the snarling trolls are having problems getting it up. 

Well mine's easy to beat but I'm a noob to the online thing (never having a decent internet connection before). I presented my sad report just to show the lads I was participating and to support Zoo Wings/Snarling Trolls. And fast food servers are a great place to learn and have fun. Ain't that what it's all about. I hope it attracts a lot of players.

But Zoo's results will be very hard to beat. 👀