Oleg-Jughasvilli

Cannot link accounts, can anyone help please?

I made an account on the IL2 store to buy the game.
For some reason payment" wasnt working at this time"
I bin it off.
Buy IL2 BOS through steam instead
play game on steam, its great.
try multiplayer, get kicked and banned after logging in to a game. (i was player 70000 and something, a generic name)
i try to link accounts , so can have a username, etc etc to join MP servers, but it wont recognise the email and password.
(i tried a passwrod reset, i can log in to the IL2 site no problems)
it wont let me link accounts, can anyone please help??

Rather than start a new topic I'll add on here that I purchased Battle of Moscow through the website having my account supposedly linked to Steam, My Steam in-game Pilot name does not match my Website login though I have tried to change it. If I start Il-2 from the exe within "game" folder I only have BOM, If I start from the Steam shortcut I have what I purchased on Steam but not BOM. My log-in details are the same either way. Is there a way to fix this?

39 minutes ago, FA_Bong said:

Rather than start a new topic I'll add on here that I purchased Battle of Moscow through the website having my account supposedly linked to Steam, My Steam in-game Pilot name does not match my Website login though I have tried to change it. If I start Il-2 from the exe within "game" folder I only have BOM, If I start from the Steam shortcut I have what I purchased on Steam but not BOM. My log-in details are the same either way. Is there a way to fix this?

These sound like separate issues. Yours, it sounds like maybe you have linked an incorrect website account to your Steam, rather than your proper one that has Battle of Moscow. Are you sureyou use the same email, password, and username combination?

On 5/13/2020 at 12:21 AM, Oleg-Jughasvilli said:

I made an account on the IL2 store to buy the game.
For some reason payment" wasnt working at this time"
I bin it off.
Buy IL2 BOS through steam instead
play game on steam, its great.
try multiplayer, get kicked and banned after logging in to a game. (i was player 70000 and something, a generic name)
i try to link accounts , so can have a username, etc etc to join MP servers, but it wont recognise the email and password.
(i tried a passwrod reset, i can log in to the IL2 site no problems)
it wont let me link accounts, can anyone please help??

That may be server specific, CombatBox bans players with 'generic' names. But I believe you can still change your username from the generic player name without linking accounts. Linking accounts does not have anyb. I have not used Steam so I don't know how that works.

I would advise both of you to contact Support as they are the most likely to be able to help with account issues like this, we on the forum can't know what issues your account may be having on the 'back end'.

Posted (edited)

Yes, I submitted a ticket and it's strange but I don't have to change anything in my login just the shortcut, I bought through the il-2 webstore from within the BigPicture app in Steam not realizing there might be a problem. I even got a receipt in my email from Xsolla? I seem to remember having an issue way back when I got BOS that I couldn't use my IL-2 name because it was already registered, duh? and yet I'm here. So I registered as a different version of my name in Steam but in the Login screen I use this registration under this email and it signs me in on my Steam under the other name [FA] 55-Bong. this may be the problem but I can't change my Game name to FA_Bong from this website and though people say click on your name in game that is not a button you can click on...
okay now I see there are two different email accounts, maybe thats the issue

Edited by Krt_Bong

Okay I changed game name on the non-steam and the steam version and this is now my Steam account name since they now match and I guess I need to apply for a refund and delete the other. seems like it's buggered otherwise

Posted (edited)

thanks red kestrel, it was indeed combat box that I joined. (on recommendation from a facebook contact) 

thanks for clearing that side up 

Edited by Oleg-Jughasvilli