Sign in to follow this  
Wanganui_Wildcat

RAAF No. 453 Squadron (Episode 3 added)

Posted (edited)

Before you watch this be warned, it is a long one and not my regular kind of thing.

Welcome to what I am hoping is episode one of several of the No. 453 squadron RAAF campaign. Darbzy has created a historically accurate campaign that myself and about 10 or 15 others are flying. We are doing it at two different times to accommodate different time zones and running it as two separate flights of the same squadron. This is the first sortie we flew, the flight consisted of Myself, SixFour, Zpper, and Darbzy.

Let me know what you think, I have plans to make further episodes from the sorties we have flown.

Music from; -Band of Brothers Main Titles -Hans Zimmer, The Mole -Secession Studios, We're Dreaming

Edited by Wanganui_Wildcat
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 2

Wow, this was very nicely put together! Good story, great atmosphere, camera angles, cutting scenes...we need more films like this, well done mate!

Marvelous!

I fly with a Virtual RAF Squadron based in England and I am often asked by outsiders, "What' s it like?"

This is the closest I have seen, both visually and audio, to what one of our missions is like from the cockpit, allowing we never see outside views. 

I'll be forwarding this to those who asked.

More please . . . 

13 hours ago, LeLv30_Redwing said:

Wow, this was very nicely put together! Good story, great atmosphere, camera angles, cutting scenes...we need more films like this, well done mate!

Thanks mate, working on the next one now.

10 hours ago, StG77_Darbzy said:

I loved it...but then again I might be biased. 😀

Haha really? I didn't think it would be your kind of thing?!

6 hours ago, vonNutz said:

Marvelous!

I fly with a Virtual RAF Squadron based in England and I am often asked by outsiders, "What' s it like?"

This is the closest I have seen, both visually and audio, to what one of our missions is like from the cockpit, allowing we never see outside views. 

I'll be forwarding this to those who asked.

More please . . . 

Thanks mate, I am working on the next episode already. This is my first time flying a co-op campaign in IL-2 but it is great fun!

23 hours ago, LeLv30_Raptorattacker said:

Great stuff and good work WW!!

:popcorm:

Thanks Raptor, really enjoyed your work on the latest 30th fighter squadron episode!! Looking forward to more!

• Like 1

Well done Wildcat! Beautiful, beautiful shots and great angles. This was nice to watch and "be up there" with you guys.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 5:59 AM, StG77_Darbzy said:

Great work man, it's been awesome fun!

And YOU should be proud of yourself as well!!

• Like 2

I've enjoyed the first three of these; looking forward to more.

4 hours ago, Hrdina said:

I've enjoyed the first three of these; looking forward to more.

Thanks mate, hopefully it won't be such a long time in between episodes for the next one.